Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
7
... LastLast
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    He showed his true colors right after this post. He's one of those "so good at life I don't need WoW but I still want all the stuff... because reasons" people.
    I mean if he is that successful he can just buy the mythic gear gear.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    …. Your point?
    That this topic is more about self-righteous entitlement than any kind of actual desire to see change in the game.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean if he is that successful he can just buy the mythic gear gear.
    ...why do that when you can just suggest the entire game be catered to your whims instead?

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    That this topic is more about self-righteous entitlement than any kind of actual desire to see change in the game.

    - - - Updated - - -



    ...why do that when you can just suggest the entire game be catered to your whims instead?
    So I guess suggesting a game should respect your time because you have real life to tend to, means your entitled?

    Wow that’s quite the spin you got on that.

  4. #84
    As a potential RWF viewer, I think normal and LFR should drop transmog only. No one wants to waste time watching the top guilds run ez modes for tier/trinkets when they could be farming heroic or mythic. Also that low gear is easily replaceable by dungeon and world gear. And if that's your end game you probably dont need the stats anyways.
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

  5. #85
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,134
    Every now and then we get a galactic brain, 5Head threads like this. "Remove LFR", "remove flying", "remove gear from Mythc". Op's know it will never happen, other users know it will never happen, and yet these threads keep happening, purely to vent OP random frustrations.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    So I guess suggesting a game should respect your time because you have real life to tend to, means your entitled?

    Wow that’s quite the spin you got on that.
    Asking a game to respect your time is like saying that cars should respect the speed limit. If you feel like a game isn't "respecting your time" play another fucking game.

  7. #87
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Karawaka View Post
    As a potential RWF viewer, I think normal and LFR should drop transmog only. No one wants to waste time watching the top guilds run ez modes for tier/trinkets when they could be farming heroic or mythic. Also that low gear is easily replaceable by dungeon and world gear. And if that's your end game you probably dont need the stats anyways.
    Ahahaha. Sure dude. Remove gear from two most popular difficulties, purely because WF race participants may feel obligated to run them for 1-2 week per tier. Pure "potential RWF viewer" that can't see further than said race. I see that 5Head ideas attract themselves.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ahahaha. Sure dude. Remove gear from two most popular difficulties, purely because WF race participants may feel obligated to run them for 1-2 week per tier. Pure "potential RWF viewer" that can't see further than said race.
    Guess I shoulda added that /s
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

  9. #89
    Ok so you're point is that Mythic should only drop cosmetic. But as a non mythic raider, this is kinda already the case for you since, if you do not raid mythic, you actually dont need the loot that drops here for any of the content you might be doing ?

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    But contrary to doing m+ above 15 mythic raiding is a logistical challenge. Getting 20 players from one realm together is hard enough. On my realmpool and faction there is exactly one guild who does mythic and this guild is at 1/11m last time I checked.
    And if I am on Kazzak in EU? Literally hundreds of mythic raiding guilds.
    People push keys for same reason many people do mythic raiding - challenge and prestige. I bet there are people who raid to get that best ilvl possible - it would make it better for them.

    What capped ilvl for m+ and mythic raiding would solve?
    1. Way more accessibility - racing to world/faction/region/realm first is time and gearing issue. Removing gear from equation would ease the pressure and allow more people to participate. It's also better optics for casual people to dip into content because in many people eyes, gear is a barrier for raiding. Many people have the skill to play, but they don't have enough time to grind gear.
    2. Alt-Friendly - currently to get any pushing keystones/raiding/parsing done on my alt mage I need to grind base gear which is 272 and then it will sit for weeks waiting for good vaults. If it was capped at hc ilvl - you could get a spec/character ready in few days and it would be as good as your main.
    3. ilvl inflation - we did yet another stat squish in SL - back to back after SL and here we are, going into 100k of HP again and yet another season in front of us. Next expansion we will go into millions again = another stat squish = another load of issues with bad scaling somewhere. removing 13ilvls from each tier would save us a stat squish which is required every expansion now.
    4. balancing - devs would know exactly what ilvl people will have and how much dmg they will do/receive and it would allow them for better class/raid balance.

    What else we need? Better world progression systems - I think that people who do solo gameplay still should be able to get to near hc ilvl over time. ZM system is cool, but it still could go further - why can't next step be gated by some mage-tower styled solo-fight? Add some tuning knobs for it - beat it on "easy" here u go 255ilvl now in world content, "normal" 258ilvl and so on! So people who want gear progression are not locked into raids - because if they raid for gear and not fun, they might want other option then.

  11. #91
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Karawaka View Post
    Guess I shoulda added that /s
    Yes, you should. Because that level of smarts is not really uncommon on MMO-C, as we see in the OP.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  12. #92
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    If mythic dropped no gear, nobody would do it. Same as every other content.
    so you realy think we good raiders doing mythic for gear? are you this delusional or you just pretending?

    if it was for me i would have a vendor in Oribos selling myhtic gear 50 gold a piece like we have on TR Realms for every one who has a CE acm from previous raid tier so that shitter dont get gear for no effort ofc
    Last edited by Feral Druid ist Op; 2022-05-23 at 12:10 PM.
    I.O BFA Season 3


  13. #93
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    so you realy think we good raiders doing mythic for gear? are you this delusional or you just pretending?
    Ummmmm, ye? You do it for the challenge, accomplishment and general fun, but ALSO for the gear. Tangible rewards are still important in games, especially when they give you visable power increase.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ummmmm, ye? You do it for the challenge, accomplishment and general fun, but ALSO for the gear. Tangible rewards are still important in games, especially when they give you visable power increase.
    no no one in my wr 30 guild or the ppl i know in echo and co care about gear after the raid is clear we even stop playing
    I.O BFA Season 3


  15. #95
    Legendary! Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Streets Strange by Moonlight
    Posts
    6,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    no no one in my wr 30 guild or the ppl i know in echo and co care about gear after the raid is clear we even stop playing
    Cool. So I guess that applies to all other Mythic raiders? Also, since you do not care about the gear, what do you do with Mythic drops that would otherwise help you defeat later bosses? Because you said you overall do not care.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-23 at 12:14 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by conkrete View Post
    LFR or Normal, one has to go. Heroic should have Mythic gear and there shouldn't be a huge disparity in outcomes (10% max difference in terms of DPS/HPS etc..) in relation to Normal gear. Mythic should drop no gear, that should be competitive only. Every relevant competitive sports derives from the pre-existing condition that all have a shot at winning. I read somewhere that rewards should be: titles, mounts and possibly prize money for the top 20 for example. I agree.

    Furthermore, think of all the nonsense that could be avoided and how much better the viewing experience would be. As a potential viewer, I could actually join the stream and witness legitimate (these are always interesting) no-nonsense pulls as opposed to some heroic split farm with a group of random people that no one cares about. Viewers love to see individuals fail massively and eventually overcome challenges. All regions servers must restart on the same day; if Real vs Barcelona started 1-0 it wouldn't be called El Clasico. Raid encounters shouldn't be in beta, it should all be fresh and exciting. So what if it has a couple of bugs, Max will stop crying eventually (love you bro).

    --

    I feel like these companies need people that actually played as kids and know what's fun. The core gameplay, boss mechanics and overall feel of the game which were all created long ago carry WoW. All devs really need to do now is make it fun. Avoid terrible and dull dailies (Zereth frog quest and the one you ride the bird stomping on mawrats), dailies should be fast paced and fun like the one you ride a huge ass robot blasting stuff with guns in Zereth - whoever designed that quest deserves a raise. Avoid long ass dungeons, around 20 mins is fine - keep in mind, your player base in full of parents believe it or not. Committing to a +40 min mythic plus run is doable, I do it but it's not always convenient. There's a reason why people enjoy Mists, HoA and NW; on the opposite end, finding people for SD 20 and up is a pain. I don't know why people hate that place, I love Kaal and her gauntlet sequence. Might be a combination of long duration and claustrophobic feel to some people. The freedom of HoA feels great.

    Extremely hard content is not fun either as you lose people along the way as others are noting.

    Props on making more things account wide (that's the way to go), I seriously had a blast and enjoyed wasting my time leveling alts. For the first time, I actually healed and had over seven alts simultaneously. That's fun. I also heard Blizzard is getting rid of burrowed power, that's also a good thing. Finally, Castle Nathria was great, and went straight to my list of favorite raids alongside Kara and Ulduar.

    These are obviously all subjective, just dropping my 2 cents.
    I agree, this would avoid the bullshit "but it's tuned for double legendary!!1!".
    Let it be clear from the onset what the difficulty is, let there be no illusions about the tuning.

    Of course gear would still drop, but with stats equal to heroic, just with new neat skins.

    Additionally lfr should just drop a sparse amount of normal gear loot, while normal drops the regular amount.

    This way we can avoid the absurd stat bloats, make the game more accessible to people who did not keep up with it permanently.

    And it'd unfuck pvp to some degree.

    The only one it would fuck are those people lacking in skill that depend on the gear to maintain their advantage.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ahahaha. Sure dude. Remove gear from two most popular difficulties, purely because WF race participants may feel obligated to run them for 1-2 week per tier. Pure "potential RWF viewer" that can't see further than said race. I see that 5Head ideas attract themselves.
    He took the same argument and flipped it to proove how shit of an idea it was.... Aaaaaand you bought it. Real 3head.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Gear progression should not and can not end at heroic. Silly idea.

  18. #98
    Mythic is not only a competitive eSport. It's also a difficulty. For real people, who don't play this game as a competitive esport. Mythic should give rewards to real players who do real content. World First competition consists of less than a thousand actual players. Stop implying the entire difficulty level is made for them.

  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Cool. So I guess that applies to all other Mythic raiders?
    who you define as a mythic raider? the dog guilds in WR 2000? those are HC raiders doing first half on myhtic afer 6 nerfs 4 months in
    they maybe care for gear cuz they need all the help they can get to make up the lack off brain cells.
    I cleared 11/11 with 272 ilvl this is equal to 268 valor gear + 2 legos and the bosses had 4x less nerfs back then you dont even need mythic gear tahts why no one whos good cares you may get your farm runs 20 mins faster in wow gj and thats it
    I.O BFA Season 3


  20. #100
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    so you realy think we good raiders doing mythic for gear? are you this delusional or you just pretending?
    pray do tell the reason we play in mythic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •