Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Mythic should drop no gear

LFR or Normal, one has to go. Heroic should have Mythic gear and there shouldn't be a huge disparity in outcomes (10% max difference in terms of DPS/HPS etc..) in relation to Normal gear. Mythic should drop no gear, that should be competitive only. Every relevant competitive sports derives from the pre-existing condition that all have a shot at winning. I read somewhere that rewards should be: titles, mounts and possibly prize money for the top 20 for example. I agree.

Furthermore, think of all the nonsense that could be avoided and how much better the viewing experience would be. As a potential viewer, I could actually join the stream and witness legitimate (these are always interesting) no-nonsense pulls as opposed to some heroic split farm with a group of random people that no one cares about. Viewers love to see individuals fail massively and eventually overcome challenges. All regions servers must restart on the same day; if Real vs Barcelona started 1-0 it wouldn't be called El Clasico. Raid encounters shouldn't be in beta, it should all be fresh and exciting. So what if it has a couple of bugs, Max will stop crying eventually (love you bro).

--

I feel like these companies need people that actually played as kids and know what's fun. The core gameplay, boss mechanics and overall feel of the game which were all created long ago carry WoW. All devs really need to do now is make it fun. Avoid terrible and dull dailies (Zereth frog quest and the one you ride the bird stomping on mawrats), dailies should be fast paced and fun like the one you ride a huge ass robot blasting stuff with guns in Zereth - whoever designed that quest deserves a raise. Avoid long ass dungeons, around 20 mins is fine - keep in mind, your player base in full of parents believe it or not. Committing to a +40 min mythic plus run is doable, I do it but it's not always convenient. There's a reason why people enjoy Mists, HoA and NW; on the opposite end, finding people for SD 20 and up is a pain. I don't know why people hate that place, I love Kaal and her gauntlet sequence. Might be a combination of long duration and claustrophobic feel to some people. The freedom of HoA feels great.

Extremely hard content is not fun either as you lose people along the way as others are noting.

Props on making more things account wide (that's the way to go), I seriously had a blast and enjoyed wasting my time leveling alts. For the first time, I actually healed and had over seven alts simultaneously. That's fun. I also heard Blizzard is getting rid of burrowed power, that's also a good thing. Finally, Castle Nathria was great, and went straight to my list of favorite raids alongside Kara and Ulduar.

These are obviously all subjective, just dropping my 2 cents.

I could see this happening but not any earlier than 2030 (maybe even later)

Quote Originally Posted by conkrete View Post
    LFR or Normal, one has to go. Heroic should have Mythic gear and there shouldn't be a huge disparity in outcomes (10% max difference in terms of DPS/HPS etc..) in relation to Normal gear. Mythic should drop no gear, that should be competitive only. Every relevant competitive sports derives from the pre-existing condition that all have a shot at winning. I read somewhere that rewards should be: titles, mounts and possibly prize money for the top 20 for example. I agree.

Furthermore, think of all the nonsense that could be avoided and how much better the viewing experience would be. As a potential viewer, I could actually join the stream and witness legitimate (these are always interesting) no-nonsense pulls as opposed to some heroic split farm with a group of random people that no one cares about. Viewers love to see individuals fail massively and eventually overcome challenges. All regions servers must restart on the same day; if Real vs Barcelona started 1-0 it wouldn't be called El Clasico. Raid encounters shouldn't be in beta, it should all be fresh and exciting. So what if it has a couple of bugs, Max will stop crying eventually (love you bro).

--

I feel like these companies need people that actually played as kids and know what's fun. The core gameplay, boss mechanics and overall feel of the game which were all created long ago carry WoW. All devs really need to do now is make it fun. Avoid terrible and dull dailies (Zereth frog quest and the one you ride the bird stomping on mawrats), dailies should be fast paced and fun like the one you ride a huge ass robot blasting stuff with guns in Zereth - whoever designed that quest deserves a raise. Avoid long ass dungeons, around 20 mins is fine - keep in mind, your player base in full of parents believe it or not. Committing to a +40 min mythic plus run is doable, I do it but it's not always convenient. There's a reason why people enjoy Mists, HoA and NW; on the opposite end, finding people for SD 20 and up is a pain. I don't know why people hate that place, I love Kaal and her gauntlet sequence. Might be a combination of long duration and claustrophobic feel to some people. The freedom of HoA feels great.

Extremely hard content is not fun either as you lose people along the way as others are noting.

Props on making more things account wide (that's the way to go), I seriously had a blast and enjoyed wasting my time leveling alts. For the first time, I actually healed and had over seven alts simultaneously. That's fun. I also heard Blizzard is getting rid of burrowed power, that's also a good thing. Finally, Castle Nathria was great, and went straight to my list of favorite raids alongside Kara and Ulduar.

You read it somewhere? REALLY? don't start off in bad faith with dishonesty and expect anyone to agree with you.

LFR or Normal, one has to go. Heroic should have Mythic gear and there shouldn't be a huge disparity in outcomes (10% max difference in terms of DPS/HPS etc..) in relation to Normal gear. Mythic should drop no gear, that should be competitive only. Every relevant competitive sports derives from the pre-existing condition that all have a shot at winning. Rewards should be: titles, mounts and real money for the top 20 for example.
    This is you, right? Don't be so dishonest. Also, this is an absolutely terrible idea, and is 90% just rambling about nostalgia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You read it somewhere? REALLY? don't start off in bad faith with dishonesty and expect anyone to agree with you.

This is you, right? Don't be so dishonest. Also, this is an absolutely terrible idea, and is 90% just rambling about nostalgia.
    Yes, I read it in the official EU forums and by op (I guess) of the post you just quoted. I wouldn't insult readers intelligence by assuming people wouldn't check my previous posts in a literal forum... I simply elaborated my thoughts a bit more and made an original post out of that snippet.

Finally, it's completely fine if you think it's a terrible idea, like I said it's just me opinion. Not sure where you got the nostalgia part from though.

I've been thinking this too. I feel like the game would be a lot better if mythic was just a challenge with cosmetics rewards, and to keep them as a challenge they should scale you down in ilvl (and lvl if another expac comes and raises the lvl cap). It would be an easy win because that way they can keep them as evergreen content.

Also, with the discussion about the addons impact in the game (the combat ones specifically) it would be a lot better if the raids were made whitout taking them into account and by consecuence disabling them inside raids or the game overall if the new UI that will bring Dragonflight is flexible and cutomisable

--

Ive seen bad ideas before. But this is the worst I have ever seen in the last 10 years.

If mythic dropped no gear, nobody would do it. Same as every other content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah! People should be doing nude Mythic!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah 100%. That’s why no one farms old raids anymore, no one pushes rating in pvp after they get fully gear, and once people are all done gearing in mythic they stop 100% of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who don't mythic raid love to come forward with this dogshit idea

Quote Originally Posted by Syncr View Post
    Yeah 100%. That’s why no one farms old raids anymore, no one pushes rating in pvp after they get fully gear, and once people are all done gearing in mythic they stop 100% of the time.
    Oh the irony........most people do old raids for........the gear! Lol.
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Oh the irony........most people do old raids for........the gear! Lol.
    You’re right! That gear that gives you all the stats in the world!

Almost like OP was talking about gear that give better stats and not mentioning transmogs.

You said it best

Oh the irony.........

Hilarious and true

You’re right! That gear that gives you all the stats in the world!

Almost like OP was talking about gear that give better stats and not mentioning transmogs.

You said it best
    What part of "mythic should drop NO gear" is confusing for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Hilarious and true
    You clearly said mythic should drop NO gear. Are you already changing your stance?

This topic is nothing more than a wordy explanation of why the OP is jealous people who are better at the game than him have access to things he doesn't.

This isn't happening any time soon. Deal with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Nobody does mythic already. If you do, you're probably sweaty and need to shower more than once a month.

Author of ALL THE THINGS - Collections addon for Completionists

Agree. But only for those people that often say [insert other mode]'s players don't deserve loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This topic is nothing more than a wordy explanation of why the OP is jealous people who are better at the game than him have access to things he doesn't.

I have seen a lot of people claim they "deserve" the best loot in the game just for doing the easiest content in the game - but this is the first time i have seen someone say "people doing content im not able to do dont deserve any loot at all"

Imagine the counter argument for this - there should be no raid loot in lfr, or normal, with a very basic dungeon set from heroic, and the actual raid set comes from mythic with tier sets etc. Also, weapons only drop in Mythic, otherwise you just use the ones from questing etc.

Its a ridiculous idea, and i wouldnt agree with that either

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post

I honestly don't care much about personal glory, my raiding days are long gone and tbh glory these days is better reflected in my bank account. I only gave my cents as a casual and potential viewer for RWF.

I honestly don't care much about personal glory, my raiding days are long gone and tbh glory these days is better reflected in my bank account. I only gave my cents as a casual and potential viewer for RWF.
    Holy shit dude, did you seriously just use the old "i dont care about wow anymore because im rich"? How pathetic.