View Poll Results: Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord, where will your journey begin?

Voters
190. This poll is closed
  • Borean Tundra

61 32.11%
  • Howling Fjord

129 67.89%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Spamming whatever 5 man my group wants to do first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Howling Fjord.

I can still hear the music in the back of my head
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did Tundra because I found it to match the theme so neatly. Quiet, cold, half alive space. With a very undeadish background music (playing as Alliance i gave that extra kick)

But to be fair I find the Fjord amazing too. I`m most likely going Tundra on my main and then fjord on my "main alt" :-)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Howling Fjord.

I can still hear the music in the back of my head
    Same with most areas <3

I’ll do both.

Might do 5 man dungeon spam, but if i were to level in a zone it would be howling fjord since i did borean tundra back in the day.

Howling fjord for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Where will your journey start in Classic WotLK?
    I have always enjoyed borean over howling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to do wotlk classic but howling fjord is the vastly superior zone.

Borean tundra is a hodgepodge of story lines that kinda go nowhere and ideas that are just kind of scattered around and, while it has individual good looking areas, it's not very cohesive overall.

Howling Fjord, however, is absolutely beautiful with massive set pieces and design elements never before seen in WoW. There are so many different little areas that are all unique and yet it never feels detached or incongruous like borean tundra does. You have the giant titan statues, the iron dwarves, the scourge, the vrykul throughout, and even some fun unique areas like the bay area filled with pirates and the ravine that alludes to the old god connection. Additionally, Utgarde keep and Utgarde pinnacle kick the crap out of the nexus dungeons quality-wise.

Plus, howling fjord leads directly into grizzly hills, the best WotLk zone of all and one of the best in the game.

I mean, come on:

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Howling Fjord by far. The music is better. The nordic theming is consistent throughout. The quest layout is superior to BT. And the alliance get the best entrance by boat.
    Umm what? Borean is 100x superior than howling when it comes to quest layout and xp/h. It is not even remotely close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

Borean tundra is a hodgepodge of story lines that kinda go nowhere and ideas that are just kind of scattered around and, while it has individual good looking areas, it's not very cohesive overall.

Howling Fjord, however, is absolutely beautiful with massive set pieces and design elements never before seen in WoW. There are so many different little areas that are all unique and yet it never feels detached or incongruous like borean tundra does. You have the giant titan statues, the iron dwarves, the scourge, the vrykul throughout, and even some fun unique areas like the bay area filled with pirates and the ravine that alludes to the old god connection. Additionally, Utgarde keep and Utgarde pinnacle kick the crap out of the nexus dungeons quality-wise.

Plus, howling fjord leads directly into grizzly hills, the best WotLk zone of all and one of the best in the game.

I mean, come on:

And all of that was wrong. Howling is super generic and uninspired amd grizzly is rather boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Umm what? Borean is 100x superior than howling when it comes to quest layout and xp/h. It is not even remotely close.

- - - Updated - - -

And all of that was wrong. Howling is super generic and uninspired amd grizzly is rather boring.
    Wow, riveting artistic analysis.

But hey, seeing as you wanna get snippy... Enjoy the puke-colored flat grass scattered with rocks that is Boring Borean Tundra. If you're in it for just the XP grind I'm sure there's some mindless slog they've mapped out on elitistjerks to optimally spend as little time there as possible.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I mean, come on:

All down to tastes. I do love this area too, but I don´t think it´s better, it is different.

I love Tundra landscapes, you love mountain landscapes (seeing your profile pic).

All good tho, I will play both

But Borean Tundra is good too, it´s just a completely different theme and style.

About G. Hills. I love the area, but the best? dunno about that

tbh you did both back then. you switched inbetween because some highlevel quests and dungeon quests.

Howling Fjord is a really fun zone and leads into Grizzly Hills then Zul Drak, which makes its the best 1-2-3 expansion leveling experience ever. But it will also be crowded AF, so I might go Borean Tundra -> Dragonblight -> Sholazar Basin for my first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Howling Fjord is a really fun zone and leads into Grizzly Hills then Zul Drak, which makes its the best 1-2-3 expansion leveling experience ever. But it will also be crowded AF, so I might go Borean Tundra -> Dragonblight -> Sholazar Basin for my first.
    If you play on Firemaw for instance, both sides will be basically equally crowded though.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Fjord. A combination of nostalgia, the aesthetic of the zone, the music, and dealing primarily with Vrykul over the random stuff in Borean Tundra.

Howling Fjord always. Borean Tundra is one of the most boring zones ever created, imo.

Wow, riveting artistic analysis.

But hey, seeing as you wanna get snippy... Enjoy the puke-colored flat grass scattered with rocks that is Boring Borean Tundra. If you're in it for just the XP grind I'm sure there's some mindless slog they've mapped out on elitistjerks to optimally spend as little time there as possible.
    Dude. Are you ok? I just said howling is uninspired and grizzly is boring. I think you need to seek professional help if someone telling you that gets you so upset.

You need a therapist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snackpack View Post
    Howling Fjord always. Borean Tundra is one of the most boring zones ever created, imo.
    You have that backwards. Howling is one of the most boring. I remember in wrath I actually deleted a toon who did howling first cause of how utter dull it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borean is faster and has better progression but Fjord is waaaaaay more fun.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Where will your journey start in Classic WotLK?
    Howling Fjord, always.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Go Dragonblight since the starting zones will be slammed with people.