View Poll Results: Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord, where will your journey begin?

Voters
190. This poll is closed
  • Borean Tundra

61 32.11%
  • Howling Fjord

129 67.89%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Always, always Borea Tundra, the best leveling zone in WotLK. Although I like the scenery and the music in Howling, the quests in the Fjord are terrible in comparison.
    Agreed.
    Howling Fjord is very beautiful and the music is amazing, but as Horde player the quests are quite meh.
    Borean Tundra on the other hand has a lot of varied quests and the music out on the tundra is surprisingly eerie and really makes it a different experience.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2022-05-24 at 06:27 PM.

role play questing? -> HF
    min max? -> tundra

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Agreed.
    Howling Fjord is very beautiful and the music is amazing, but as Horde player the quests are quite meh.
    Borean Tundra on the other hand has a lot of varied quests and the music out on the tundra is surprisingly eerie and really makes it a different experience.
    I find Borean Tundra music to be quite amazing, feels like Darkness is lurking around the corner.. puts you straight into WotLK mode : )

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Go Dragonblight since the starting zones will be slammed with people.
    In Firemaw EU you might as well lol
    And swim there while at it, cause good luck talking to the NPCs to go to the boats

I like Howling Fjord for the theme and atmosphere, but it's the worst zone in WotLK for quest layout and lvling efficiency. So much running back and forth, with the connection between quest hubs being loooong and illogical.

If you are even remotely interested in lvling speed, you always go Borean Tundra.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2022-05-26 at 07:56 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I really loved Borean Toundra back in the days. More diverse. Some mini zones where bad, yes (gnomes), but overall, I really liked it.
    The murlocs and costume ! Mrgl-Mrgl !

https://www.wowhead.com/item=34620/k...gls-spare-suit

7+ Year Old Account
    fjord aesthetic is much better. especially on horde side. so thats where i will be during wrath classic. ill do some in borean tundra as well since ill need teh flightpaths for calderra and such but its gonna be fun either way
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

15+ Year Old Account
    Bugger if I'd go to Boring Tundra! Howling Fjord all day every day, one of the best zones in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always went to Borean Tundra, the ship conection is in SW. I did HJ with my main to get the achiv, never did it with my alt. I will most likely go to BT again, and later do HJ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you need a melee weapon? Tundra.

Otherwise, Howling Fjord every time.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Borean Tundra was known as Boring Tundra for a reason
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Howling Fjord is fun, a beautiful zone, fun to quest
    Boring Tundra is a shitty ugly zone, one of the worst ever made in the franchise, but there is more quest, if you want to level faster

Also, I have no idea if Blizz fixed it for classic servers, but you used to be able to stand at the gates of the town in Howling Fjord where the Vrykul are attacking and just tag them while letting NPCs kill them for full XP.
    Can’t remember if that worked for both factions or just one, but I think it was Alliance when I last heard about it.

Can’t remember if it was this thread or a different one, but Hunters could tame a humanoid Worgen during one of the HF quest lines. It tends to revert to animal shape if you dismiss it, but it stays humanoid for the most part. Something they fixed during Wrath, so no idea if it’s fixed for Classic as well, but could be interesting if they haven’t.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2022-06-09 at 01:08 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Howling Fjord is fun, a beautiful zone, fun to quest
    Boring Tundra is a shitty ugly zone, one of the worst ever made in the franchise, but there is more quest, if you want to level faster
    I always found it to be beautiful. It is a darker themed area and it is Tundra, where biodiversity is rich, but very small, because it barely lives. It is a very fitting area to start WotLK, plus the background music is super ghostly.

I like HF, but I find it more boring and standard than Borean Tundra, for example. It is green and beautiful.. really beautiful.. but.. nothing special (but again, I love it too)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vian View Post
    Borean Tundra was known as Boring Tundra for a reason
    I don´t think that was ever a thing Borea questing is very straight forward and quick, which makes time go by fast in there. Hence it being the most "efficient" leveling area.. but I think everyones experience should go above that tho

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I've always went to Borean Tundra, the ship conection is in SW. I did HJ with my main to get the achiv, never did it with my alt. I will most likely go to BT again, and later do HJ.
    Planing on the same. Borean Tundra with the first / main char. Then Howling on the second character.

Will try my best to stick to two although might level a third, that one will flip a coin I guess

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Go Dragonblight since the starting zones will be slammed with people.
    Sadly quests are not available if I remember correctly (level and chain based)
    But resources farming will also not be a thing.. I expect tons of people (and bots) at it right off the go.

Borean Tundra is really great if you're Horde and Howling Fjord is just straight up awful for Horde.

For the Alliance: Howling Fjord is an excellent zone and my first choice, while Borean Tundra is only good in the beginning and gets bad as soon as you leave your main fort.

Borean, majority of ppl will go howling cause the internet told them to go there and to hate Borean

Avatar and Sig by Serryn. Amazing TY

Quote Originally Posted by Lplatehealer View Post
    Borean, majority of ppl will go howling cause the internet told them to go there and to hate Borean
    Dude I know I have never ever heard of the nick name “boring tundra” until semi recently. Then again I’ve never played the horde side so maybe it really boring for them? But for the alliance I always thought it was great, so much diversity in one area.

Howling fjord obviously, they don't call borean tundra "boring tundra" just for kicks. That's if I was going to be playing it but they have already ruined it with the changes to wotlk.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse12 View Post
    Dude I know I have never ever heard of the nick name “boring tundra” until semi recently. Then again I’ve never played the horde side so maybe it really boring for them? But for the alliance I always thought it was great, so much diversity in one area.
    I was playing on alliance in wotlk and pretty much everyone on the server called it boring tundra, so I don't think it was a horde thing, I never played horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Howling fjord obviously, they don't call borean tundra "boring tundra" just for kicks. That's if I was going to be playing it but they have already ruined it with the changes to wotlk.

- - - Updated - - -

I was playing on alliance in wotlk and pretty much everyone on the server called it boring tundra, so I don't think it was a horde thing, I never played horde.
    Probably a server thing then for sure. I love howling as well as Bornean but I legit don’t see where it’s boring. Maybe the PETA quests?

Even though I like Fjord better, I think it's better to start in Borean Tundra for a few reasons. First, if you're going to be dungeon running, you want flight point access to the Nexus since there won't be a random dungeon finder to automatically teleport you. Second, the dungeons after that are Azjol Nerub and Ahn'kahet, and they're on the west side of Dragonblight at the part of the zone that feeds in from the Borean Tundra quests. If you start at Fjord (which I've been trying out in Beta) there's a lot of feeling like you're going backwards if you do it that way, it just doesn't flow as well.

The pros for Fjord, besides that it's a nicer zone and closer to Grizzly Hills which everyone loves, are that less people will likely be there because you gotta go to the Undercity Zeppelin to start there, and I assume most people aren't gonna do that.

So yeah, if it's just an alt and it's the second or third time you're running through it, by all means do Fjord, it's nicer. But on launch, I'd recommend Borean Tundra.

Howling Fjord because the starting locations for Alliance and Horde are further apart so it's less likely to be as competitive