Thread: V Rising

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

V Rising

no thread for this game yet, eventhough its a huge success apparently. 150k concurent players on Steam, half a million copies sold in first 3 days.
    it seems really fun and unique when it comes to skills and blood type system, allowing u to create your own class pretty much.

any tips and tricks u guys have?
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

It's a great game, lot of content for EA, but it's still an EA game and you WILL run out of things to do within a month or so.

7+ Year Old Account
    May actually be my first survival game I try. Dig the atmosphere and top-down perspective.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Once they add offline or "private" PvE I might check it out. As I'm not to keen on people taking over your castle even on a PvE server. The rest of the game sounds interesting enough but I'm just not much of a fan of PvP or grief-esque game play.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Once they add offline or "private" PvE I might check it out. As I'm not to keen on people taking over your castle even on a PvE server. The rest of the game sounds interesting enough but I'm just not much of a fan of PvP or grief-esque game play.
    They don't have offline yet (though are working on it) but they do have private pve, you can start up local server only you can be on.

Last edited by Onikaroshi; 2022-05-23 at 07:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really enjoying this game, so much that me and my guild decided to rent our own private server. Really has a lot to do for a €20 game imo.

Got a server with friends, great game. It's Moba-Valheim.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Got a server with friends, great game. It's Moba-Valheim.
    Uh, MOBA? Where dem lanes and towers? More like Diablo with survival and building.

Big shame it does not have procedurally generated zones.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-05-23 at 08:13 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Enjoying it so far, thou I haven’t played much multiple. Just been safe in my own private little world while I learn the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's a great game, lot of content for EA, but it's still an EA game and you WILL run out of things to do within a month or so.
    A month of content for a $20 game that's going to get content in the future? Good.

Two of the best EA games I've ever played were Terraria and Divinity.

I wish characters were persistent across servers but it's a fun game if you like casually like the genre. Probably not as hardcore for people who regularly play survival games but good if like some of the more 'casual' (not in difficulty but restrictions) survival games like...Terraria

Basically someone got really good with light mechanics and made an entire game out of it.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2022-05-23 at 09:01 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Uh, MOBA? Where dem lanes and towers? More like Diablo with survival and building.

Big shame it does not have procedurally generated zones.
    The lanes are the paths NPC's walk down. And there are occasional strong enemies (golem, ents) in the woods. I mean the Moba roots of the company are fairly apparent in the game, It's a little Diabloesque as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else notice if you spin your character/camera around quickly that the game freezes for a few seconds? So far it's basically the only bug/annoyance I've encountered but definitely isn't a game breaker or anything.

I absolutely love the graphics, sunrise and sunset especially

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    The lanes are the paths NPC's walk down. And there are occasional strong enemies (golem, ents) in the woods. I mean the Moba roots of the company are fairly apparent in the game, It's a little Diabloesque as well.
    ARPG might be what you are looking for.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Not only can you make your own server, you can customize the server like crazy. Haven't played too many of these types of games, but the few I have don't allow server customization like this that I've seen.

Game is fine imo not great. I wish the blood system was set up a little better like instead of losing 49% bruiser if you need to feed and only have a 10% around maybe just drop the percentage by like 5% or something. Would also be cool to get customization unlocks from feeding from people/things. I do like how you can make it crazy hard or easy if you want. A campaign with different maps might have been cool too.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They don't have offline yet (though are working on it) but they do have private pve, you can start up local server only you can be on.
    You can technically play offline atm if you host a world and have it loaded then disconnect from the internet. Your game even saves if you log out while offline. Not sure why they decided to require a connection to load a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I wish characters were persistent across servers but it's a fun game if you like casually like the genre.
    yeah, same here. persistent character progress would be great, if optional
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I have no idea how you're supposed to get the next stage of weapons. In order to get silver weapons you gotta jump through what appears to be some crazy hoops against HORDES of enemies that out stat you. I watched some dudes video, and sure it was easy when you already have a full set of the weapons and armor, but I need to see how it was done the first time.

I've been following this game for some time now and looks really interesting in early access.
    Will probably try it with irl friends on our private server.

3+ Year Old Account
    Whoa...
    An online game with vampires? Sounds awesome!

Does it play like Diablo?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

30 seconds after looking at game review - the character and camera movement is THE CLUNK, another indie amateur hour unrefined garbage, skip.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english