Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    But Europe is a country, made up of several states such as Germany, Spain, France, etc.
    Those are countries, sir. The EU is just a group composed of individual countries that are committed to the same democratic and economic values.

    Even the States don't share democratic and economic values lol.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Myrr View Post
    Ah yes, just like the US might someday grow up and become a democracy.
    Ooooh gottem!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Europe is a continent made up of different countries, the U.S.A. is a country made up of different states. Continent=/=country with the only exceptions being Australia and Antarctica.
    You're too cute

  3. #43
    Whether Europe is or is not one country, is something we will have to decide another day.

    Why is Heavy Metal, invented in America by American's Metallica, such as the Internet, more popular in the country of Europe? That is the question we are here to answer.

    hehehehehehehe /runsaway

  4. #44
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post

    Why is Heavy Metal, invented in America by American's Metallica, such as the Internet, more popular in the country of Europe?
    God that's a painful sentence.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Those are countries, sir. The EU is just a group composed of individual countries that are committed to the same democratic and economic values.

    Even the States don't share democratic and economic values lol.
    If I can step on a dog and it dies it's not a real dog. If kentucky is bigger than your country I'm sorry you are not a country get reckd

  6. #46
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You're cute too!
    Provide an argument that disproves either of my points.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Provide an argument that disproves either of my points.
    Stop smashing F5 I completely changed my answer, which already disproved your point

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    You mean a country with a wildly diverse population from the entire world filled with countless cultures, vs 2 racially homogenous countries and the EU which is made up of pretty much all racially homogenous countries and limited cultures? Do I really need to find data for what is clearly a common sense statement? Brazilians live here, Japanese live here, and all sorts of EU country members live here... in decently great numbers.

    So yeah, common sense statement, in a country with a diverse population, the people in that country will be exposed to an eclectic musical selection. Metal just has more competition here. And honestly Metal had its time in the 80s.

    You are also taking the statement that Metal is more popular or has a wider fanbase in other countries, completely on face value. Have you asked for the statistics to back that up? I've been to a number of metal, rock, etc... shows I've seen nothing indicating there wasn't a healthy mix of people there.
    Spoiler : I live in Europe (the famous country), and there is also Brazilians, Japanese, as well as many Africans and Europeans from pretty much every European country, and all in "decently great numbers" (whatever it means).
    Last edited by Zardas; 2022-05-24 at 08:39 PM.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    God that's a painful sentence.
    lol I know.

  10. #50
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    If I can step on a dog and it dies it's not a real dog. If kentucky is bigger than your country I'm sorry you are not a country get reckd
    Lol yeah, okay. Apparently Kentucky is the metric by which all countries are measured.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Stop smashing F5 I completely changed my answer, which already disproved your point
    Maybe be brave enough to not keep changing your posts and leave them up, coward.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Europe is a continent made up of different countries, the U.S.A. is a country made up of different states. Continent=/=country with the only exceptions being Australia and Antarctica.
    Even those two are not exceptions : Antartica is not a country, and Australia is not a continent (the continent is Oceania)

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Why is Heavy Metal, invented in America by American's Metallica, such as the Internet, more popular in the country of Europe?
    Both of these are painful... Just..


    OT: Because people tend to like different music styles and I do think in both Europe and Japan heavy metal and rock are more commonly listened to is because of history and the abundance of bands from for example Germany, Finland, Sweden, etc.
    Last edited by The King in Yellow; 2022-05-24 at 08:43 PM.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Lol yeah, okay. Apparently Kentucky is the metric by which all countries are measured.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Maybe be brave enough to not keep changing your posts and leave them up, coward.
    Lol wait you are serious right now?

    Hahahahahaha

    Ok I default back to my original answer. You are too cute I like how you called me a coward too soooo cute!

    Never change you show the internet who's boss!

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Spoiler : I live in Europe (the famous country), and there is also Brazilians, Japanese, as well as many Africans and Europeans from pretty much every European country, and all in "decently great numbers" (whatever it means).
    That's why I didn't say all countries, or well didn't mean to imply it. France and UK are probably the most diverse. Most of the other countries are pretty homogenous. Really at that point you are just arguing over token groups of people vs the US which is far, far less homogenous.

  15. #55
    More people mean more need for stable infrastructure. A lot of locations you might be mentioning have much higher population density than areas in the USA.
    The USA is also relatively famous for a lack of governmental oversight of its infrastructure resulting in extreme failures.

    I imagine other countries are more apt to protect their projects, and as such, will require more metal than a country that does not care to do this for whatever reason.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Whether Europe is or is not one country, is something we will have to decide another day.

    Why is Heavy Metal, invented in America by American's Metallica, such as the Internet, more popular in the country of Europe? That is the question we are here to answer.

    hehehehehehehe /runsaway

    Wasn't heavy metal actually invented by the Brits, as opposed to Americans?

    I mean Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin(even though some will argue they were hard rock and not metal)

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Lol yeah, okay. Apparently Kentucky is the metric by which all countries are measured.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Maybe be brave enough to not keep changing your posts and leave them up, coward.
    He's just a troll man

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    He's just a troll man
    I'm not a troll I'm a coward keep up

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Lol yeah, okay. Apparently Kentucky is the metric by which all countries are measured.
    I can only imagine how much all these "not real countries" being more wealthy/more developed/prosperous than Kentucky hurts.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

  20. #60
    PS: I looked up the "stats" and outside of the Nordic countries US is one of the highest countries for popularity. So the whole thread is bunk anyway.

    Edit: There aren't solid numbers to post, most Metal bands are in the US, most bands by capita in nordic countries, some stats put the US well ahead of other countries 20% vs next closest being 10%... It's all not really solid numbers, but in general the popularity of metal in the US is not lower than Japan or Brazil and only behind Nordic countries.
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2022-05-24 at 08:52 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •