Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
LastLast
  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It's because America is more diverse. It's nothing complicated.
    USA or America ??? because more diverse than 45 countrys is hard to believe

  2. #162
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Oh i did read it. Hence why I linked it. Bolded the important part that you (amazingly) glossed over. And continue to gloss over, because you don't know the fucking meaning of the word "diverse."

    Seriously. You people keep confusing diversity with pockets of homogenony. And it's particularly hilarious (and by hilarious I mean embarrassing, for you) that YOU keep comparing an entire CONTINENT (plus Russia, cause Reason[tm]) to a single country, and then trying to act smug about it. The fact that you not only don't see it, but straight up ignore it when it's pointed out, is... no, it's not hilarious anymore. It's just straight up embarrassing.

    "Whaa whaa whaa! Europe no is cunrty! Also Europe more divarse dan USA lulz!"
    No, you're not even understanding what you are writing. Those pockets of homegeneity (proper spelling) simply do not exist at the scale you imagine them (those remote mountain valleys and villages are not what they used to be around here).

    If one really wants to compare country to country, even dismissing the fact that one might be continent-sized :

    Hundreds of languages are spoken in the UK, but this isn’t always reflected in the classroom

    More than 300 different languages are now spoken in British schools. And in England, over 20% of primary school children use English as an additional language.
    And yes, like it or not, the UK is still in Europe, so is Russia, or even my country. While many obfuscate Europe with the EU, the EU is European, but it is not Europe.

    You lambast the generalizing some apply to the US yet you apply the very same to the many, many countries of Europe.

    By themselves, most European countries are intrinsically diverse already, with native communities of different languages and cultures not staying still in their uniqueness, but also exchanging and moving, influencing each other since time immemorial. Then some of them sent their children all across the world, some stayed, some came back, some brought others back with them and now more and more of all those they visited are coming over, while ideas, people, fads and musics move all around across open borders.
    Last edited by Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang; 2022-05-27 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Europe
    "Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

    ~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang on Essays on Mind and Matter

  3. #163
    I'm starting to think you people aren't talking about metal
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

  4. #164
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I'm starting to think you people aren't talking about metal
    I'm under that impression myself. However there are different categories of metal.

  5. #165
    There's one fundamental issue here: metal is incredibly diverse genre, but you can't really lump the fans of individual subgenres together. There's a LOT of tribalism there and not that much of overlap. It's not very likely to find a fan of metalcore that would be also into symphonic power metal.

  6. #166
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    <just rubs his temples at this point>

    Diversity != Pockets of Homogeny.

    How obtuse are you people?

    And again, pick a single "culture" in Europe. Anyone you want at all. Then show me how they're not represented, to any degree whatsoever, somewhere in the United States. Go on, show me. Non-Arabic alphabets included. Go on. Just one.

    And -- yet again -- United States = Country. Europe = Continent. "But I'mma continue to compare Europe to the United States cause, uhm, reasons! BUT DON'T YOU FUCKING DARE CALL EUROPE A COUNTRY YOU GUYS!"

    Jesus. Fucking. Christ. It's like being surroudned by osmium up in here with the sheer amount of denseness being demonstrated.
    Nah mate, you're the obtuse one, since you're trying to compare a continent-sized country (the U.S of A) with a population of 340 million to countries in Europe (which have populations between 6 million and 80 million). Obviously Greece with its 11,000,000 inhabitants can't be more diverse than the U.S of A. But Europe as a whole, which is smaller in geographical size than the U.S, has DOUBLE the population, CAN be compared. And when you compare the U.S to Europe (a much more fair comparison, in terms of geographical size at least) your argument falls to shambles.

    Just like you'll find the Asian, the Arab, the American and the European working together at Domino's Pizza in Seattle, in EXACTLY the same way, you'll find the Nigerian, the Egyptian, the Greek and the Dutchie working together in Domino's Pizza in the Netherlands. Yet, one country (the US) is 340 million people, whereas the Netherlands have a population of just under 18 million.

    Also, stop calling people names. It adds nothing to your argument. Have a proper fucking discussion, with respect.

    Lastly, it's "Homogeneity" not "Homogeny". It's a Greek word, I would know.
    Last edited by Dalinos; 2022-05-27 at 04:27 PM.

  7. #167
    Immortal FuxieDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    København
    Posts
    7,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Texas would like a word with you.
    Texas was a part of Mexico.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > BfA > WoD = WotLK

    My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

  8. #168
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I'm under that impression myself. However there are different categories of metal.
    That's not true at all, there's only one category of metal. Anything else would be wood, plastic, or meat - those are the only four categories of music.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    That's not true at all, there's only one category of metal. Anything else would be wood, plastic, or meat - those are the only four categories of music.
    Except metal have a near infinite number of alloy combinations.
    "Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outwards, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendent, and to embrace them is to achieve enlightenment."

    ~ Chairman Sheng-Ji Yang on Essays on Mind and Matter

  10. #170
    No it doesnt
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

  11. #171
    Quote Originally Posted by Athredas View Post
    There's one fundamental issue here: metal is incredibly diverse genre, but you can't really lump the fans of individual subgenres together. There's a LOT of tribalism there and not that much of overlap. It's not very likely to find a fan of metalcore that would be also into symphonic power metal.
    Right, blackened melodic deathcore isn't the same as thall, which isnt the same as thrash. I think a lot of normies hear metal and think Enter Sandman or Linkin Park.

    As a big metalcore fan though, if it chugs, I like.
    Last edited by willtron; 2022-05-27 at 06:56 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    I wonder if you ever listened to Swedish or Norwegian Extreme metal?


    Revisiting this, I don't think I like this Norwegian extreme metal very much
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

  13. #173
    Immortal jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    7,682
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Enter Sandman
    Love that band, especially that other song they do about hating everything about you idk the name.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Revisiting this, I don't think I like this Norwegian extreme metal very much
    OMG did you hear that someone burned a church down in Norway though, how could anyone listen to something connected to such a violent act.

    I think the band was called Creed maybe, I can't remember though.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  14. #174
    Hoof Hearted!!!
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Texas was a part of Mexico.
    And Texas was also it's own country. They had their very own President and military and everything.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

  15. #175
    Are you american? Europe country kekw

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Right, blackened melodic deathcore isn't the same as thall, which isnt the same as thrash. I think a lot of normies hear metal and think Enter Sandman or Linkin Park.

    As a big metalcore fan though, if it chugs, I like.
    There are different genres of metal.

    Power metal



    Folk metal



    melodic death metal



    New wave of traditional heavy metal(which seeks to recreate the sounds of classic bands like Iron Maiden)



    And more genres..

  17. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    There are different genres of metal.
    That's literally what I said.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Nah mate, you're the obtuse one, since you're trying to compare a continent-sized country (the U.S of A) with a population of 340 million to countries in Europe (which have populations between 6 million and 80 million).
    <gestures>

    See what this guy wrote, people? And you're whining about the original poster who (clearly) just misused "countries" when he meant "abroad," while this guy is getting upset at not comparing the United States to all of Europe.

    This is the definition of hypocrisy.
    Last edited by Infinity Cubed; 2022-05-27 at 11:06 PM.

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Athredas View Post
    There's a LOT of tribalism there and not that much of overlap. It's not very likely to find a fan of metalcore that would be also into symphonic power metal.
    I frequent a number of metal forums, go to metal shows, and know plenty of metalheads. Not everyone likes ALL styles, but almost EVERYONE I speak to or see posting on forums likes a variety of styles, there is very much a great deal of overlap. Now, most people do tend to have favorite styles, some dudes like power and traditional metal more than death metal or doom metal, some dudes tend to favor more extreme metal over old school metal, but that doesn't stop the vast majority of them from listening to stuff in other styles outside their favorites as well. Me, I favor power/traditional and thrash, but my music collection includes prog, doom, death, black, metalcore...even nu metal if you put SOAD or Disturbed in that category(some do, some don't).

  20. #180
    Field Marshal Jacques's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Whether Europe is or is not one country, is something we will have to decide another day.
    Nope, because there is nothing to decide here. Europe is not a country. End of discussion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •