Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Thank goodness for WSOU.

Where I live, Metal is alive and well. We even have classic rock stations who play metal during evening hours.
    I originally grew up in a place near Edgewater,Maryland and could hear on a local rock station, bands like Helloween,Saxon,Judas Priest,Iron Maiden,Metallica,Megadeth,Rage Against the Machine.

Where i live now, the rock station seemed afraid to play anything like Helloween or such. And even put on a song by a disco act right after a song by the offspring. I wonder if they ever got people calling into the station's telephones calling them ******* poseurs for doing that.

I blame radio stations for this. they're the ones that pushed such shite bands like Mumford and Son's onto the rest of us.

American mainstream promotes very poor musical tastes these days.

This really just comes off as a thinly veiled "my taste is better than yours" kinda thread honestly. I don't know why people are so hellbent on gatekeeping like everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I blame radio stations for this. they're the ones that pushed such shite bands like Mumford and Son's onto the rest of us.
    I think that is based on Locale. In the Tri State Area, we have a dedicated metal station, and rock stations with metal hours. On my presets in my car, I have 3 stations which play metal. And i'm not just talking about classic metal, modern stuff too.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    With DAB+ you aren't chained to FM stations anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This really just comes off as a thinly veiled "my taste is better than yours" kinda thread honestly. I don't know why people are so hellbent on gatekeeping like everything.
    I mean the thread is 100% a shitpost, like super blatantly. The OP was telling me to "check out Norwegian black metal" when my avatar is a norwegian bm album cover.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    With DAB+ you aren't chained to FM stations anymore
    DAB+ never connected with the consumers. Something like 90% of all radio listening is still done on FM, primarily because people mostly listen to radio in cars and car-DAB is rare and expensive.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    I mean the thread is 100% a shitpost, like super blatantly. The OP was telling me to "check out Norwegian black metal" when my avatar is a norwegian bm album cover.
    Dammit we were doing so good at not breaking character up until now.

BRB going to go unleash my anger with the heaviest album ever made by a true American metal band: Clayman by In Flames.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Dammit we were doing so good at not breaking character up until now.

BRB going to go unleash my anger with the heaviest album ever made by a true American metal band: Clayman by In Flames.
    I was debating doing it or not but I feel like the bit ran it's course, sorry to let you down

I still jam Clayman at least once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Well, i mostly listen to power metal and folk metal.

Well since we're mask off, here's some pm