Poll: Would you like TCG mounts to be sold in Battlenet shop?

Thread: TCG Mounts

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They added a select few to the game. I rather they be returned maybe via hearthstone if you wanna keep them tied to cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Mounts and titles should never be made unavailable.
    I don't know they should be gifted in later addons like Firelord for example. It's fine if it's exclusive for an addon.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium

No, they should not be put on the cash shop. Make them available ingame.
    This 100%. More stuff needs to be available through in-game methods. That said, I don't mind it also available in the shop... allow me to explain my reasoning.

The process could potentially take a while, like a lot of grinding or high amount of RNG, possibly a really long quest chain. Or... you go to the shop to get the same thing. Thus, the impatient whales who have more money than they need can throw it at Blizz to help support the game, while everyone else who wants the mount can earn it the hard way.

10+ Year Old Account

No, they should not be put on the cash shop. Make them available ingame.
    But some are made like so? Like "Scarab Lord" or "Grand Crusader", they are specifically made to disappear, even the "the Undying" because they were or limited design/objective unlike, "Hand of A'dal" which is a title that should not have been removed, as it is just connected to attunements but sadly was removed due to, well, attunements.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I'd say go for it, make those people that paid 25+m gold for the Spectral Tiger mount despair!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I'd say go for it, make those people that paid 25+m gold for the Spectral Tiger mount despair!
    They wish to charge 90-95m golds. Even 25m gold means two gold caps, you have to trade 3 times to a 3th party guy who is basicly stranger. A lot of people got scammed because of it.What they will do with 95m gold? They will sell the gold for real money. So you might get scammed, you will pay overprice and your gold will be sold afterwards which is aganist the rules. Blizzard was selling those and they should start selling again. Blizzard owns the every rights of their products not some 3th party guy who breaks games rules.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    They wish to charge 90-95m golds. Even 25m gold means two gold caps, you have to trade 3 times to a 3th party guy who is basicly stranger. A lot of people got scammed because of it.What they will do with 95m gold? They will sell the gold for real money. So you might get scammed, you will pay overprice and your gold will be sold afterwards which is aganist the rules. Blizzard was selling those and they should start selling again. Blizzard owns the every rights of their products not some 3th party guy who breaks games rules.
    Yeah, the gold cap needs to be something higher, like 999m or 9999m.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think collectibles shall be able to be sold for thousands of dollars on ebay, it's extremely unhealthy

Once again, the push to take value away from items persists. Do you think I like that I can't get certain items anymore? No, does that mean I can't comprehend why an MMO or any other videogame does this, NO. Those rare items retain their value. Guess what happens if you can now get it from killing X boss 100 times. It becomes of a lot lesser value. Homogenizing value will destroy the game further. It would destroy any economy as well if everything became easy to attain. This is an MMO, things will be rare that you will not be available to get, or have the luck to get. You want the mount, its a huge investment, and should be.
    Last edited by m4Zzo928; 2022-05-24 at 09:57 PM.

Hello everyone. I was looking for TCG mounts such as Spectral Tiger or Magic Roosters but people who owns them mostly sells those at 60-90m price range. People who actually bought card game of it , yeah they deserve such a price but in 2015 as I recall, there were tons of it in AH(Was a hack or glitch don't recall the details) and Blizzard didn't erased those tcg mounts / pets. It was like 20x tokens back in those days. Now 200-300x tokens. Well it's 2022 and why not sell TCG stuff in the game shop of Battle.net? It's not something like earned from being Glad or being Famed Slayer of XX, or hitting the gong of Ahn'qiraj in 2007. I have gold and I have nothing left to buy. I'm sure most of you feel the same. What to do with the gold? Snipe realms to buy TCG mount you desire or give a possible scammer 6x-9x times a gold cap? Real money / gold whatever it costs it should be in the game shop of Blizzard. What do you think?
    Because for some reason people still care about artificial rarity online, it would upset such primitive people if Blizzard suddenly underlined that nothing guarantees the value of their "investments".
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have the TCG Rockets and tbh, I couldn't care less if other people were able to get them without forking out lots of gold or RL money.

I'd personally prefer that they were earnable in-game though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I have the TCG Rockets and tbh, I couldn't care less if other people were able to get them without forking out lots of gold or RL money.

I'd personally prefer that they were earnable in-game though.
    This is a flawed logic, because that is not how the majority of people feel, regardless of what they're saying. "I don't care if everybody can achieve the most rare items" proceeds to pursue most valuable items.

Are you familiar with the term carrot on a stick? I hope so, because it's the foundation for what the whole game functions. Pursuit of better, or rare items. Guess what happens when everybody can just get these items much easier? Eveything loses value, what happens when everything loses value? People become less motivated. The TCG items somehow are still available to players after being discontinued for years. The combination of that and their rarity justifies the high cost of entry.

"I don't care if these items are more accesible" is a flawed logic, because it doesn't work in reality, it hurts the game. If that's your goal, then fine, but "equality of outcome" will destroy motivation across the board. Hence what's happening right now with Wow.

"I pay my sub, I deserve the best quality items!" As wow subs bleed at record pace, and player motivation is lacking "I have a job and 2 kids, I don't have time for farming epics". here is some epics please still play our game

What do you guys even understand about the quality of loot? It's built into the game, why? Why is loot labeled Epic, Rare, uncommon, and common? Why, for our health?
    Last edited by m4Zzo928; 2022-05-24 at 10:20 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by m4Zzo928 View Post
    This is a flawed logic, because that is not how the majority of people feel, regardless of what they're saying. "I don't care if everybody can achieve the most rare items" proceeds to pursue most valuable items.

Are you familiar with the term carrot on a stick? I hope so, because it's the foundation for what the whole game functions. Pursuit of better, or rare items. Guess what happens when everybody can just get these items much easier? Eveything loses value, what happens when everything loses value? People become less motivated. The TCG items somehow are still available to players after being discontinued for years. The combination of that and their rarity justifies the high cost of entry.

"I don't care if these items are more accesible" is a flawed logic, because it doesn't work in reality, it hurts the game. If that's your goal, then fine, but "equality of outcome" will destroy motivation across the board. Hence what's happening right now with Wow.

"I pay my sub, I deserve the best quality items!" As wow subs bleed at record pace, and player motivation is lacking "I have a job and 2 kids, I don't have time for farming epics". here is some epics please still play our game

What do you guys even understand about the quality of loot? It's built into the game, why? Why is loot labeled Epic, Rare, uncommon, and common? Why, for our health?
    I can only speak for myself and not others obviously. While I enjoy the rarity of my rocket mounts, I feel it shouldn't cost people $1995 (according to the wow tcg loot website) to be able to get them (or millions of in-game gold).

Surely there has to be another way they can be, or stay rare, without the huge price tag?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I can only speak for myself and not others obviously. While I enjoy the rarity of my rocket mounts, I feel it shouldn't cost people $1995 (according to the wow tcg loot website) to be able to get them (or millions of in-game gold).

Surely there has to be another way they can be, or stay rare, without the huge price tag?
    And compromise the whole structure of what drives the game? That's quite the stipulation, and let me make myself clear, I don't think your intentions are bad, but misplaced. The game needs a value system that isn't abandoned. Lets also be clear, we're talking how many items that are this expensive, in the whole game? Less than half a dozen? If that, in the entirety of loot in the existence of the game. That's really not unreasonable, considering these mounts have been discontinued since when, BC? That's why they're so expensive, because there's probably so little of them left.
    Last edited by m4Zzo928; 2022-05-24 at 10:34 PM.

What to do with 150m gold? I have most of the stuff you mention. All tcg pets , all tcg tabards, 5x full tier 3 sets for my mains, 400x mounts. There is nothing left to buy. If they bring this tcg mount option to in game, I could give all tcg mounts a try. We don't know how long WoW is gonna last, at least people would have chance to ride those mounts.It will also keep players occupied in the game so player database reduction rate will get slower as well. Blizzard will introduce those mounts one day in somewhere in game but it's 2022 ''times change'', they should bring it sooner.
    400ish mounts is quite low. Tons of gold to be spent there.

Toy count? There's quite a few TCG toys and rare world drop ones that demand high prices.

TGC Pets make up a fraction of a percent of all Pets. If you don't have 1,400+ unique pets, you have tens of millions of gold to be invested there. CE Pets alone would be many gold caps, presumably.

Total Appearances collected? Just buying all the Darkmoon Faire sets alone would be millions, even more if you get the original belt/bracers that are still being sold on the AH. Getting all the Glacial/Polar/Icy Scale/Icebane Naxx 40 Frost resis gear unique mog crafts is a gold cap or more. Bloodvine gear, Stormshroud gear, Glorious/Jade sets, Blackened Defias set, Scarlet set

What's your rare item collection like? Haunted Memento, Teebu's Blazing Longsword, Pendulum of Doom, Miner's Hat, Dirk's Kickin' Chaemera Chops, Shadowfang, Assassin's Blade, Cloudkeeper's Legplates, Rugged Trapper's Shirt, Chromatic Sword, Frozen Runes, Wartorn scraps, Zulian Ceremonial Staff, Gloves of Holy Might, Skullflame Shield, Edgemaster's Handguards, Krol Blade, Blade of Hanna, etc.. Old reagents of every class. One of every ammo for Hunter. ZG dolls/coins. Seal of Ascension. And on and on and on.

Check your character at Dataforazeroth

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    I was saying for like 450, 500, 550, 600, 650, 700 mount achievements you can "earn them". I wasn't saying BUY the store mounts to get those achievements. Store mounts should be rewards in game.
    ok, but why do they have to be TCG mounts. Why not want something completely new with more than 20 polygons? I'm not understanding why TCG mounts have to be brought back. Just make new mounts that are achievable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since TCG ingame loot was a brainless idea to begin with, Blizzard should work to fix it, either by selling them or maybe even giving them free.

I have a rooster and dragonhawk. Let me know if you're interested.

They should put them in game as rare world drops. There is no point in catering to players that feel special just because they spent money.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    They should put them in game as rare world drops. There is no point in catering to players that feel special just because they spent money.
    The reason people want them is because they are rare, they aren't great looking mounts, removing their rarity won't make people want them more, it will make them less desirable to ride around on.