Poll: Would you like TCG mounts to be sold in Battlenet shop?

Thread: TCG Mounts

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    I don't think you understand what a straw man actually is...
    Of course I do. Maybe, instead of doubling down, you need to take an honest look at your argument and try and come up with something better.

Blizzard gains nothing from the secondary market for these items and the ludicrous prices these things have attained is no one's fault but the players' (the exceedingly tiny group that has been willing to drive prices so high).
    You do understand how market forces work right? The current prices of these things are a direct response to the natural market forces at work when you're talking something like this - a rare collectible item that is no longer being produced.

By suggesting that Blizzard should not only recognize but make an effort not to disrupt this secondary market you are most definitely arguing for them to protect things like speculative gambles (the people who have bought the mounts not to use but with the intent to sell at a higher price later).
    The only thing you got right here is that I am suggesting that they recognise the facts of the situation. I am not suggesting they make any effort to not disrupt it. I am asking them to not make an effort to change the status quo. It's a fundamentally different proposition that you're trying to sell. Hence why you're strawmanning.

You claim it is in the best interest of the customer for Blizzard to protect this ridiculous market
    No I do not. Again, you're misrepresenting what I have said. My claim is that it is in the best of interest of the customer for Blizzard to remain consistent in their 10 year long, hands-off approach of not trying to actively do things that would disrupt this perfectly normal market.

(even though your argument only favors a veeeeery small portion of the customer base)
    Small, sure, but also extremely committed to the game. In essence, Blizzard most valuable customers. Throwing them under the bus would be terrible PR for the Blizzard.

while I'd argue the best thing Blizzard can do is to make sure that secondary market crumbles and ceases to exist.
    Why? On what basis? Who exactly would really benefit from this?

Let's consider the scenario: Blizzard gives everyone a free Spectral Tiger mount. Who would this benefit? This mount is desirable primarily because it of its scarcity. So sure, everyone wants one, but if you actually gave everyone one, then suddenly it would lose its desirability. By giving everyone what they want, you essentially end up giving no one what they want. The only people who end up feeling anything in the end are those who already had it.

While it was certainly in Blizzard's best interest not to fuck with the licensing rights they gave the card dealers that no doubt included these in game items as selling points for the physical product, that product (the TCG) was discontinued almost 10 years ago.
    No. That was a contractual obligation.

Of course it would piss off a relatively small handful of people, but that would be a good lesson for them not to get embroiled in a secondary market for digital goods that cannot be sold/traded once used and have no guarantee to remain exclusive. And really, what are they going to do if Blizzard adds these mounts to the shop for $25? Suddenly quit the game they already spent thousands of dollars on?
    This is such a puerile argument you're trying to make. Blizzard are in the computer games market. It is their bread and butter. It would just be incredibly stupid of them to start finger-wagging and punishing a bunch of people who are spending their money on their game out of passion and commitment.

If anything it would be in Blizzard's best interest to release these mounts (along with all the previously retired mounts) onto the shop.
    Let's speak specifically about the TCG mounts (other discontinued mounts involve other arguments).

No, I do not agree with you. In fact I vehemently disagree with you.

Let's say Blizzard put the spectral tiger on the shop for $25. It would sell in droves. This would massively piss off pretty much every player who has spent either gold or cash in the last 10+ years to acquire one for their collection. So there you're already going to have a bunch of players who have already demonstrated a high level of passion and commitment to the game.

Now, how do you think the rest of the community would react? I can see a shitstorm of thread with buzzwords like "cash grab" and "greedy Blizzard" in the titles.

And like I said before, once they do become common, those who have acquired them won't even end up really caring about them anyway. This literally fails on every level to improve the player experience, while actively harming it for some. Blizzard would make a nice bundle of cash, but at the expense of their already wavering public image.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    As someone who used to raid Mythic, I never gave a shit if people got all the transmogs or the mounts years after.
    Sure. But this is an invalid comparison.

Because it is known up front - it is expected even - that those transmogs and mounts will become easier to obtain in the future. No one raids mythic when it is current on the basis that they want to obtain a mount that they know will be impossible to acquire down the line.

A more valid comparison would be to limited time mounts. Things like the proto-drakes from the Undying/Immortal achievements. Or the seasonal gladiator mounts. Or the challenge mode mounts from MoP.

And even then, if Blizzard did decide to release these mounts at a later date, I don't believe for a second that those who got them back in the day would be pissed about the fact that other people are getting them now. No, what these people would be pissed about is the fact that they had to do in order to get them back in the day. About the efforts they went to, the sacrifices they made, and to be told they, hey, if they'd just sat on their asses and waited, they would have got it anyway.

Imagine you go to McDonalds and fork out $10 for a meal. Then when you are sitting down and eating, they proudly announce that everyone else buying a meal will get it for free. No rational person will be upset at the recipients of the free meals. No, you'd be upset about the fact that you had to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    If the only reason something is cool or coveted because you can't get it anymore, or if the only reason you like something is because it's gone now, then that's just a bit sad.
    Yeah, that's not the only reason. In fact it has pretty much nothing to do with the argument at all.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    No one cares about AOTC mounts from two expansions ago. No one cares about gladiator mounts from 10 years ago. No one cares about stuff you can just buy if you feel like throwing enough money at it (and since the advent of the token and the BMAH, that encompasses a lot of stuff).
    You are not everyone. You are one person. You do not think for everyone. So kindly, just stop. Go get another hobby if you do not care about the things in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    You are not everyone. You are one person. You do not think for everyone. So kindly, just stop. Go get another hobby if you do not care about the things in this game.
    And you are the %2-3. (%97> %2-3) right? I had 3x Banana Charms and Blizzard gave it for free to everybody. It worths like nothing atm. It was a TCG pet. So Blizzard confirmed that %97>%2-3 . What I want is not make it worthless , provide us a way to obtain while maintaining it's rarity a bit. +%2 player database for each year can still make them popular, won't devalue much of it's price ,also we will have a way to obtain. It's how it should be.

Split the child and have them drop codes from hearth stone?

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity Cubed View Post
    Rare things aren't rare.

It's a weird believe some people have. WoW is an MMO in name only. When it comes down to it, the only people who matter are you, your guildmates, and your friends. No one gives a solitary fuck about anyone else in the game, what they have, what their achievements are, what mounts they have, or what gear they have. Even the rando group of randos you join to do some rando thing don't matter as you'll unlikely ever see them again (especially since they introduced crossrealms gaming way, way, way back in time).

It doesn't matter if only X people on the WHOLE SERVER, WOWEE WOW WOW!!!, have Y. They are totally inconsequential. They mean nothing, and their "rare" vanity item means nothing. You see it, you go "wow, whoopie for them" and that's it, that's the extent of it.

If item A, B, or C isn't possessed by anyone you actually game with, it might as well not exist at all.

Pretending that something in that game has value just because only a handful of people have it is, frankly, absurd.
    You see someone with something rare, go whoopee, then move on. That's how it's always been. Even in the days before, in your words WoW stopped being an MMO in anything but name. The argument that WoW isn't an MMO is just weird. And then there's the folks who say it's not an RPG anymore either.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    And you are the %2-3. (%97> %2-3) right? I had 3x Banana Charms and Blizzard gave it for free to everybody. It worths like nothing atm. It was a TCG pet. So Blizzard confirmed that %97>%2-3 . What I want is not make it worthless , provide us a way to obtain while maintaining it's rarity a bit. +%2 player database for each year can still make them popular, won't devalue much of it's price ,also we will have a way to obtain. It's how it should be.
    You explicitly state in your op you want it in the shop. Which does make the item not rare and worthless. Also a banana charm does not equal any of the mounts -.-
    Last edited by Phob; 2022-06-01 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    You explicitly state in your op you want it in the shop. Which does make the item not rare and worthless. Also a banana charm does not equal any of the mounts -.-
    If Blizzard considers to make them obtainable, I'm sure they will pick a good way to obtain them. Shop is an option but they will possibly go for Landro's gift box type loot boxes instead of direct purchase. They can put an ingame option such as Bmah or a hard way to obtain. I don't know. We will see if they go for it or not in future.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    If Blizzard considers to make them obtainable, I'm sure they will pick a good way to obtain them. Shop is an option but they will possibly go for Landro's gift box type loot boxes instead of direct purchase. They can put an ingame option such as Bmah or a hard way to obtain. I don't know. We will see if they go for it or not in future.
    Well as of right now they aren't considering anything. /thread

Yes. I only want the spectral horse one which I never saw on the AH in game while everyone seemed to dupe that dumb cat.

No. If anything just make it so they can all appear randomly in the BMAH instead of just the Rhino, Rocket, and Turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    exclusivity absolutely matters.

Rare mounts/transmog/pets/titles are coveted! People spend ungodly amounts of time farming ultra rare drops for a reason.
    Agreed.
    Last edited by muto; 2022-06-02 at 06:30 AM.

It would be a nice idea to put them in BMAH (I know it's an old thread but it's not worth starting a new one and never seen it before), however they are all boe except the riding turtle: nowadays in eu, which is a bit more expensive than the US, the rocket and rhino, which are the cheapest tcg mounts you can find in bmah apart from turtle, are usually selling for 2-3 mil in bmah, and then a lot of times people resell them for 3-4-5 mil in normal AH; looking at the price nowadays I'm pretty sure every other mount would likely go for gold cap or maybe almost in exceptional cases, and in case of certain mounts, like the tigers, feldrake, rooster especially, their value is sooooooo far beyond 10 mil that it would be a repeat of the wod capping era, where people were camping BMAH at reset to bid gold cap, which was 1 mil back then, and in the tcg mounts' case, then these people would try to resell them for 50-60 mil etc. If they add them to BMAH, which is the most interesting idea, I think gold cap is due an increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they added TcG to the cash shop i legit quit the game. What is there to collect then? Since every noob wants them, does not mean they deserve it.
    People need to understand that you dont deserve every item that once been in the game because you werent there. Too bad. You weren't there.

IF they add TCG mounts, i want gladiator mounts, Mythic removed sets ANYTHING unobtainable i wanna be able to get, because that is the logic of OP. NOTHING should ever be removed anymore.
    Last edited by Gimlix; 2022-09-24 at 04:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    If all tcg mounts are available again, then anything could become available again. I think personally that nothing shall ever be removed. Made much harder to get yes. Removed no.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    What do you guys think about a currency awarded per month subscribed that a player can redeem at Landro for the various TCG items?
    This is an amazing idea and I support it wholeheartedly

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post

NOTHING should ever be removed anymore.
    Exactly!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wow blizzard just anotheer fucking timegate, now you are timegating our subs to force us to stay subbed to buy mounts? Woooooow
    I prefer the term Timescaling thank you very much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Morningstar View Post
    This is an amazing idea and I support it wholeheartedly
    Yeah then the value of TcG still drops massively. Anyone will run around spectrals at some point. Useless to even think of adding back unobtainable items.
    They ain't even unobtainable, just not for the poor. Which is a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Yeah then the value of TcG still drops massively.
    Which is a good thing.

Hello everyone. I was looking for TCG mounts such as Spectral Tiger or Magic Roosters but people who owns them mostly sells those at 60-90m price range. People who actually bought card game of it , yeah they deserve such a price but in 2015 as I recall, there were tons of it in AH(Was a hack or glitch don't recall the details) and Blizzard didn't erased those tcg mounts / pets. It was like 20x tokens back in those days. Now 200-300x tokens. Well it's 2022 and why not sell TCG stuff in the game shop of Battle.net? It's not something like earned from being Glad or being Famed Slayer of XX, or hitting the gong of Ahn'qiraj in 2007. I have gold and I have nothing left to buy. I'm sure most of you feel the same. What to do with the gold? Snipe realms to buy TCG mount you desire or give a possible scammer 6x-9x times a gold cap? Real money / gold whatever it costs it should be in the game shop of Blizzard. What do you think?
    Only if they make all previous Gladiator mounts and rare mounts like the Black Qiraji Resonating Crystal purchasable in the shop. The only reason people want these tcg mounts available for "free" in game is because they are rare [for being TCG mounts]. Quite astounding how much of the WoW community just wants free handouts and are literal nazis for anything cosmetic that requires you to purchase with real money lol.

People didn't like much of shop idea. I have opened the thread to see the responses and possible ways to obtain them. Maybe removing gold cap and adding them in to Bmah could be good but they might need to merge small realms with the big ones. Another option could be putting Landro's Lootbox kinda stuff that contains TCG mounts at a certain rate like %2-3 in shop or Bmah.