Poll: Would you like TCG mounts to be sold in Battlenet shop?

Thread: TCG Mounts

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    I don't believe everyone needs access to every mount. It's ok that there are mounts that you can't reasonably obtain. As such I'm against the idea, they are all ugly mounts by todays standards, you don't need them for anything. And if you are collecting for collectings sake, then rare items are more fun to collect. No-one cares about obtaining their 4th recolor of a boar that took 10 minutes to obtain (collection wise)
    Last edited by Sialina; 2022-09-25 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Yeah then the value of TcG still drops massively. Anyone will run around spectrals at some point. Useless to even think of adding back unobtainable items.
    They ain't even unobtainable, just not for the poor. Which is a good thing.

Still obtainable is not the same as unobtainable.

If someone gets 1 "token of loyalty" for each consecutive month subscribed, for 60 months, in order to purchase a spectral tiger, or 72 months for epic spectral, that's still a massive amount of time/subtime/work.

Or, just pay it and buy it instantly and have it now.

Sounds pretty fair to me, it's not like the original Scarab Lord, or Vengeful gladiator, which are unobtainable anymore.

I think having "obtainable" TCG items from a system like this would be very beneficial.

And people who already have Spectral tiger, or any other TCG items, can get the complete set of items with time as well.

This isn't gonna make it so "everyone" suddenly has the rarest of items instantly or easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    I paid 280k gold in cata for the swift spectral i was a bit scared over the price but in hindsight glad i did it.

I think they could put them all on the bmah or something, that would just mean people are paying 10 mill the good ones. That or just make a remodel of them all and put them in the game in other ways because lets be honest the swift spectral looks horrible these days.

yes and they should go a step further and put all old expac drop mounts into the store... you can spend your time in-game farming or drop 25.00 USD on them ,players choice based on what they value more.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer Morningstar View Post
    Still obtainable is not the same as unobtainable.

If someone gets 1 "token of loyalty" for each consecutive month subscribed, for 60 months, in order to purchase a spectral tiger, or 72 months for epic spectral, that's still a massive amount of time/subtime/work.

Or, just pay it and buy it instantly and have it now.

Sounds pretty fair to me, it's not like the original Scarab Lord, or Vengeful gladiator, which are unobtainable anymore.

I think having "obtainable" TCG items from a system like this would be very beneficial.

And people who already have Spectral tiger, or any other TCG items, can get the complete set of items with time as well.

This isn't gonna make it so "everyone" suddenly has the rarest of items instantly or easily.
    Ngl the idea is good. But it should be very exclusive so indeed 5 to 10 year long sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I voted no for the Shop option, but I think they could bring them back using Hearthstone as the source since it's the replacement of the old TCG.

They could also make remastered versions of the old ones and bring new mounts into the fold.

Yeah, a good compromise would be to make them obtainable through Hearthstone! Like the good old days of getting a pack of WoW TCG cards, and getting redeemable codes for toys, pets and mounts.

Seriously, this is a missed opportunity by Blizzard to do this with arthstone (and other games like Heroes of the Storm.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    If they added TcG to the cash shop i legit quit the game. What is there to collect then? Since every noob wants them, does not mean they deserve it.
    People need to understand that you dont deserve every item that once been in the game because you werent there. Too bad. You weren't there.

IF they add TCG mounts, i want gladiator mounts, Mythic removed sets ANYTHING unobtainable i wanna be able to get, because that is the logic of OP. NOTHING should ever be removed anymore.
    This is a controversial take of mine and I agree with you, I see a lot of people asking for Mage Tower artifact skins to be readded, or other items/sets/weapons to be brought back into the game in which I disagree UNLESS they bring back everything that has been removed - like CM sets, removed questlines, all of it.

Don't bring back one FOMO/limited time thing without bringing back others that I and others also missed out on too. Seriously, I'd like to get the "Of the Black Harvest" title since I didn't get it, but I have gotten other removed/limited time titles and such.
    Last edited by Melorandor; 2022-09-28 at 01:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    Yeah, a good compromise would be to make them obtainable through Hearthstone! Like the good old days of getting a pack of WoW TCG cards, and getting redeemable codes for toys, pets and mounts.

Seriously, this is a missed opportunity by Blizzard to do this with arthstone (and other games like Heroes of the Storm.)

This is a controversial take of mine and I agree with you, I see a lot of people asking for Mage Tower artifact skins to be readded, or other items/sets/weapons to be brought back into the game in which I disagree UNLESS they bring back everything that has been removed - like CM sets, removed questlines, all of it.

Don't bring back one FOMO/limited time thing without bringing back others that I and others also missed out on too. Seriously, I'd like to get the "Of the Black Harvest" title since I didn't get it, but I have gotten other removed/limited time titles and such.
    I think it depends on individual circumstances... I think mage tower weapons should be brought back because in most cases the challenge is the same or harder then the orginal.

With some minor work I could see the old challenge modes being brought back to roughly the same level as well.

The only exception I see is pvp. Because the specific challenge of class and comps cant really be brought back.