Page 3 of 94 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You say that in jest but I give it another month until they introduce the baby AK-47 bill. This is the state that wants everyone with a pulse to carry weapons.

We don't even have to joke about this now, it's already been done.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    The "Pro-Life" Party indeed.
    They're the anti-*insert something here* party. They've never been pro anything. It's all about contrarianism.

Why the fuck would you want to walk around with a gun anyway, lol?
    They all think they're some stupid Rambo stereotype. Small penis energy, big time.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    They talked about doing that in some states. Really bad idea, though.
    I work in education. I don't trust these teachers with laptops, guns are out of the question.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So far it seems the Great Thinkers of our day have the same solution to this mass shooting of children that they've had to the dozens of mass shootings of children before: Thoughts and prayers.

One day I'm sure it'll work, maybe we just need to sacrifice a few hundred more kids first. Would it be fixed faster if the murder of children was sped up? Or can you not rush these things.
    I think we need to sacrifice a goat and splash its blood on a virgin. Then we need a self proclaimed pastor speaking in tongues while he gets bitten by a rattle snake he's trying to handle. If he lives, Jesus will reveal what his thoughts are on this issue in about 100 years.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2022-05-24 at 10:33 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    I work in education. I don't trust these teachers with laptops, guns are out of the question.
    And while I agree, it's not even about that. The last thing teachers should be doing is having to arm themselves because of situations like the above.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I think we need to sacrifice a goat and splash its blood on a virgin.
    I do believe Sony did this at a God of War event, so that's covered. The folks in attendance were largely game journos, so high likelihood at least one was a virgin.

And while I agree, it's not even about that. The last thing teachers should be doing is having to arm themselves because of situations like the above.
    It's Texas they already have a law to that effect on the books they will most likely expand it, their solution to gun violence is more guns. You know just like the solution to fires is to pour gasoline.

It's Texas they already have a law to that effect on the books they will most likely expand it, their solution to gun violence is more guns. You know just like the solution to fires is to pour gasoline.
    We need to arm the good school shooters so they can take out the bad ones.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that guns will never be removed from the American culture, period. The people who fight passionately for things they don't understand and don't really care about, think they understand the gun rights issue, and have been convinced the solution is "working as intended, bad apples and all" - and that "no one is taking my gun", etc.

There is no solution to this problem until the Constitution is rewritten. And that will never happen.

Yo, so this guy was being chased by good guys with guns and still killed over a dozen kids?

I'm beginning to think the solution to our gun violence problem isn't actually "good guys with guns", and that the people that keep saying this just like seeing dead kids.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Undoubtedly. And it will just get worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Honestly... I would move.
    Under serious consideration already. If not for family concerns, I might already be in Canada.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, so this guy was being chased by good guys with guns and still killed over a dozen kids?

I'm beginning to think the solution to our gun violence problem isn't actually "good guys with guns", and that the people that keep saying this just like seeing dead kids.
    There is a terrifying kernel of truth to what you're hinting at here.

The problem is that guns will never be removed from the American culture, period. The people who fight passionately for things they don't understand and don't really care about, think they understand the gun rights issue, and have been convinced the solution is "working as intended, bad apples and all" - and that "no one is taking my gun", etc.

There is no solution to this problem until the Constitution is rewritten. And that will never happen.
    3 guns for every citizen, it's true. However, they're consolidated in a small percentage. I don't think there's even majority gun ownership in the U.S.

So, targetted confiscation could work, but, again, the police aren't really on the gun control lobby side of it. Those who work forces, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    3 guns for every citizen, it's true. However, they're consolidated in a small percentage. I don't think there's even majority gun ownership in the U.S.

So, targetted confiscation could work, but, again, the police aren't really on the gun control lobby side of it. Those who work forces, etc.
    You'd think that if someone was in favor of gun control, it'd be the police in US.

But then again, perhaps not. Considering they appear to be gun nuts 1st, and police 2nd.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    You'd think that if someone was in favor of gun control, it'd be the police in US.

But then again, perhaps not. Considering they appear to be gun nuts 1st, and police 2nd.
    They are...selectively. Like when states like TX just open up open carry, they largely push back given the increased risks this puts officers at. Otherwise they're on the other side of the issue.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

We could never hope to even realistically start "getting the guns", even if drastic reform came into law and was upheld by the Supreme Court. Australia proved it works - remove the guns and the gun violence goes down.

But Merica' isn't the same mind set. Someone earlier in the thread pointed out that every other country with sane gun control laws finds the United States' almost incomprehensible. And the more people try to change it, the more those pro gun people dig in.

The worst part is that at the core, the gun control peeps think they need their guns to fight the government, if and when. As if the government didn't already have the most/best guns. And apparently none of the pro gun fucks have heard of a tank, either.

The worst part is that at the core, the gun control peeps think they need their guns to fight the government, if and when. As if the government didn't already have the most/best guns. And apparently none of the pro gun fucks have heard of a tank, either.
    The 90's bank heist in LA taught a bunch of gun-loving idiots the exact wrong lessons.

Ehh I would not say a small percentage. https://news.gallup.com/poll/264932/...-own-guns.aspx
    Thirty-two percent of U.S. adults say they personally own a gun, while a larger percentage, 44%, report living in a gun household. Adults living in gun households include those with a gun in their home or anywhere on their property.

Texas is fucky you can buy a gun from the liqour store which i mean to me is really wack. Hey can i get a handgun and 40oz thanks

id start the removal there. You dont have to take guns from good gun owners but at least making them less excessable from everywhere would probably make a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

https://www.npr.org/2022/05/24/11010...ootings-so-far

A dubious honor: We're averaging more than 1 school shooting per week.

21 weeks into 2022, 27 school shootings in 2022.

Oh, and we're over 200 mass shootings already, only a bit behind pace to match the 700 mass shootings of 2021 and 600 of 2020, but very on pace to beat 2019's 400 mass shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Texas is fucky you can buy a gun from the liqour store which i mean to me is really wack. Hey can i get a handgun and 40oz thanks

id start the removal there. You dont have to take guns from good gun owners but at least making them less excessable from everywhere would probably make a difference
    Funnily enough that won't really do anything here. He was 18, wouldn't have been allowed to buy beer.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.