Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Then what the fuck's the point of having police, if their apparent only role is to enforce white supremacy and class privilege?
    Wow, I'm saving this one. This was gold.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Reading all this makes people like me view how warped the American brain is lmao. Talking about why the doors arent locked, why the security guards in elementary school arent opening fire lol. Do you understand how fucked up all of you sound. You dont actually care about where the violence comes from, which is why it will never be solved. Even if you put marines and tanks at every single door of your class rooms. MABYE, just mabye, unwarp your brain about your fucking stopping violence with even more of it.

Where i live, theres not a single fucking security guard around elementary or high schools. Theres a fucking old lady that serves as a conduct officer to reprimand unruly kids. School shooting are a one time every decade thing. So, if the less security we have doesent increase risk. The increased risk clearly COMES FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.
    The only time we saw a cop in my entire schooling career in multiple provinces here in Canada was when they were in the school for some public outreach thing, like "I'm a K-9 officer and here's my partner, so hi to the dog, kids!" stuff. Nor were there any kind of security, let alone armed security.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Wow, I'm saving this one. This was gold.
    Sometimes, the truth hurts, eh?

The only time we saw a cop in my entire schooling career in multiple provinces here in Canada was when they were in the school for some public outreach thing, like "I'm a K-9 officer and here's my partner, so hi to the dog, kids!" stuff. Nor were there any kind of security, let alone armed security.
    We had an officer come to our high school once a week and just walk around, chat with kids. We never had any issues worth police attention though. My partner at work has around 10 years on me and said it was the same when he was in school.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Reading all this makes people like me view how warped the American brain is lmao. Talking about why the doors arent locked, why the security guards in elementary school arent opening fire lol. Do you understand how fucked up all of you sound. You dont actually care about where the violence comes from, which is why it will never be solved. Even if you put marines and tanks at every single door of your class rooms. MABYE, just mabye, unwarp your brain about your fucking stopping violence with even more of it.

Where i live, theres not a single fucking security guard around elementary or high schools. Theres a fucking old lady that serves as a conduct officer to reprimand unruly kids. School shooting are a one time every decade thing. So, if the less security we have doesent increase risk. The increased risk clearly COMES FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.
    We know the violence isn't caused by a lack of security, we just also know that's there is no realistic scenario anymore where we actually make any progress solving the real issue. That's why we talk about security so we can at least mitigate some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    That's why we talk about security so we can at least mitigate some damage.
    Some, maybe. But like, I'm not spending any tax dollars on a pointless "security blanket" because some people don't want to solve the actual problems. I'm fine letting them determine how many children they're willing to sacrifice before they think about taking any action.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some, maybe. But like, I'm not spending any tax dollars on a pointless "security blanket" because some people don't want to solve the actual problems. I'm fine letting them determine how many children they're willing to sacrifice before they think about taking any action.
    Just to make it clear I'm not talking about increasing funding, but stop waisting money on police getting military equipment and put it to hiring and training people who won't basically throw 2nd grades at a gunmen to save themselves like these cowards did.

After reading the disingenuous replies I got and watching people giving excuses to drunk driving and drug overdosing on the same level gun nuts give excuses about guns the one conclusion I can draw from this thread is that both sides act religious, holier than thou and are contemptuous towards one another. Both sides are coming from a point of moral superiority and each side rejects aggressively the others perspective. There is no leeway... no open discussion... zero tolerance and the sheer utterance of anything different from "your" perspective and you attack that person on a personal level.

And then some of you wonder why we have problems in our country when it comes to violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    More money for police so more innocent black people can get murdered!
    Money for mental health care that isn't the problem in the first place!
    Money for armed school security who'll either run away to save themselves or just be avoided until the shooting starts!
    Reform schools so they function even more like prisons, prepping students for their resulting futures!

Anything but even considering that maybe American culture has a harmful obsession with encouraging gun violence and shit like the 2nd Amendment are legitimately stupid and harmful, in and of themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    After reading the disingenuous replies I got and watching people giving excuses to drunk driving and drug overdosing on the same level gun nuts give excuses about guns the one conclusion I can draw from this thread is that both sides act religious, holier than thou and are contemptuous towards one another. Both sides are coming from a point of moral superiority and each side rejects aggressively the others perspective. There is no leeway... no open discussion... zero tolerance and the sheer utterance of anything different from "your" perspective and you attack that person on a personal level.

And then some of you wonder why we have problems in our country when it comes to violence.
    From naked whataboutism to pointless "both sides" dishonesty.

Your talking points sheet is both old and ​obvious.

Edit:. Also, this is "open discussion". This is what that looks like. What you're experiencing here is criticism.

Anything but even considering that maybe American culture has a harmful obsession with encouraging gun violence and shit like the 2nd Amendment are legitimately stupid and harmful, in and of themselves.
    Well when you have half the population who hails folks like Kyle Rittenhouse as a hero you're bound to just accept the right kind of dead people are A-OK.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

Let's see.

One side recommends investing in mental health services and a national gun registry not unlike cars, or births.

The other side says no, calls that side a bunch of communists, and offers thoughts and prayers as a deterrant to school shootings. Oh and arming students with guns as well.

Yeah your 'both sides tho!' argument is shit, always has been shit, and will always be shit.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

But that cancer in the culture of America will never change, so our options are do nothing, try to mitigate the harm as best we can, or kill ourselves so others don't have to deal with Americans failure. Pick one

But that cancer in the culture of America will never change, so our options are do nothing, try to mitigate the harm as best we can, or kill ourselves so others don't have to deal with Americans failure. Pick one
    D) Stop worshipping the views of brutal slaving white supremacists and have an honest, reasoned discussion for once.

D) Stop worshipping the views of brutal slaving white supremacists and have an honest, reasoned discussion for once.
    We have tried that, half the population dosnt give two shits we can't change that.

More money for police so more innocent black people can get murdered!
    Money for mental health care that isn't the problem in the first place!
    Money for armed school security who'll either run away to save themselves or just be avoided until the shooting starts!
    Reform schools so they function even more like prisons, prepping students for their resulting futures!

- - - Updated - - -

From naked whataboutism to pointless "both sides" dishonesty.

Your talking points sheet is both old and ​obvious.

Edit:. Also, this is "open discussion". This is what that looks like. What you're experiencing here is criticism.
    Nah, I said my peace because none of you want to see any side but your own and you deflect constantly away from the discussion and just attack how a person talks to you. There is no open discussion about this... there is only moral superiority. Stop acting like a pompous know it all and you may see this for what it is but I doubt you will. I'm not being dishonest about the "both sides" part... it's glaringly obvious from reading this thread that neither side will budge or move and you're all acting like morally superior people just to prove your points via "criticism".

Zero open discussion... My way or the highway is all there is in here.

We have tried that, half the population dosnt give two shits we can't change that.
    It's way more than half. Most Democrats are just as unwilling to dispute those white supremacists as Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Let's see.

One side recommends investing in mental health services and a national gun registry not unlike cars, or births.

The other side says no, calls that side a bunch of communists, and offers thoughts and prayers as a deterrant to school shootings. Oh and arming students with guns as well.

Yeah your 'both sides tho!' argument is shit, always has been shit, and will always be shit.
    Thanks for proving my point.

Nah, I said my peace because none of you want to see any side but your own
    Discarding specific dishonest arguments is not the same as not wanting to see any other sides.

I'm open to other honest sides, that have reason and evidence to back them up.

That's not what you brought with you.

and you deflect constantly away from the discussion and just attack how a person talks to you.
    If you're posting dishonestly, pointing that out is a necessary component of criticism.

There is no open discussion about this... there is only moral superiority. Stop acting like a pompous know it all and you may see this for what it is but I doubt you will. I'm not being dishonest about the "both sides" part... it's glaringly obvious from reading this thread that neither side will budge or move and you're all acting like morally superior people just to prove your points via "criticism".
    You've made zero effort to "prove" anything. You spouted a bunch of nonsense and now you're throwing a tantrum because we could clearly see it as being nonsense.

Again; your claims not holding up to scrutiny does not mean nobody's claims could hold up to scrutiny. Take some personal responsibility for making bad arguments you can't properly defend.

It's way more than half. Most Democrats are just as unwilling to dispute those white supremacists as Republicans.
    Ok so you agree we can't actually do anything about the root cause so we need to do what we can to mitigate the harm or just say fuck it all and let it all burn.

Ok so you agree we can't actually do anything about the root cause so we need to do what we can to mitigate the harm or just say fuck it all and let it all burn.
    No, I agree that you don't want to do anything (as a nation) about the root causes.

You absolutely could. It's a lack of will/desire, not a lack of capacity.

REMEMBER next time someone says "if someone in that school had a gun" "if a good guy in the place had a gun"

Trump CONFIRMS he will attend the NRA convention in Houston on Friday but attendees WON'T be able to bring in their guns

Why are they so afraid of good guys with guns?
    Why can't those people going protect themselves with these wonderful protection devices?

What happens if someone starts shooting?

Maybe they realize, without ever saying, that if everyone is packing heat in the crowd and a gun goes off the whole place is going to become a shooting gallary?
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!