Page 28 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/trey-g...ungest-victims

When your job is working overtime to build tiny caskets for children after a mass shooting. Because there's only one company making child-sized coffins, which makes sense since ideally the country needs very few of them.

“When we had Sandy Hook, that was another crazy day,” Mike Mims, CEO of Cherokee Caskets of Georgia, told The Daily Beast. “So we’re tired. We’re tired of doing these things.”
    It's not exactly a "happy" job no matter the circumstances, but I imagine that the stress of these kinds of large rush-orders impacts these folks as well, in addition to the local community of thousands who are dealing with trauma.

You know, all the people Republicans never talk about and never want to find any funding to support with mental health services.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...019-nyt-2022-5

Wow, even Trump apparently floated doing something about assault-style weapons after the El Paso massacre...and was quickly stopped by his chief of staff...because he would lose the election if he did anything.

I mean, he lost anyways, but it continues to speak volumes about how Republicans care infinitely more about getting re-elected than they do about stopping children from being murdered in the classroom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    "Brooks said the Texas massacre “reflects poorly on liberal policies that encourage out-of-wedlock childbirth, divorce, single-parent households and amoral values that undermines respect for life.”

So it's not the gun fetish culture which allows 18 year olds to buy tactical rifles via web mail that enables these school shootings. It's the liberals who don't subscribe to "traditional" values and have children outside of marriage that causes this...

These people are just evil, plain and simple. Massacre after massacre, every fucking year ad nauseam and they just run their mouths and play mind games. So tired of it
    I'm guessing no one is gonna actually push Brooks on what "liberal policies" encourage any of those, and don't let him walk with some claptrap about we rated praising men enough
    we praise the hell out of cops in Texas and look at the clown show we got
    Tinkerbell is a fictional char, not a standing for actual people and their fragile egos.
    plus wasn't the manta from the GOP during the Trump reign "fuck your feelings"?
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The "benefit of hindsight" - I think you can use any sight to know that was always the wrong call. Fucking incompetent, shameless assholes. Prosecute them. Deter more of these people from signing up in the first place. I'd prefer one cop that actually does the job to 19 that won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    The "benefit of hindsight" - I think you can use any sight to know that was always the wrong call. Fucking incompetent, shameless assholes. Prosecute them. Deter more of these people from signing up in the first place. I'd prefer one cop that actually does the job to 19 that won't.
    Some of these useless officers will receive medals and promotions in the coming weeks. You can count on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Yeah, it's an utterly retarded idea, brought up only to deflect from conversations about gun legislation. Anyone that wants to turn every building in the country into something like the TSA should be scowled at and ignored.
    I only followed this whole thing loosely, but isn't that idea a massive fire hazzard?
    Or did they change every door already and introduced a card/lock system in every school just so they don't have to give away some guns or regulate them properly?
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-27 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I only followed this whole thing loosely, but isn't that idea a massive fire hazzard?
    Nope, it's a fire Hazzard AND a prime target for someone to pull the fire alarm and the just wait by the doors and mow down anyone who runs!

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Nope, it's a fire Hazzard AND a prime target for someone to pull the fire alarm and the just wait by the doors and mow down anyone who runs!
    And if it's a former student they'll know the exact "active shooter" procedure, to boot. They could even take tips from Republicans and set up "man traps" and tripwires at the single entrance/exit with homemade bombs too.

Republicans are not very smart people, apparently.

What if we classified these as extremely late-term abortions? Think we'd get the GQP on-board then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    I would have thought 1 dead kid in a school would be enough to have rational humans look at 2A and go, “damn such freedoms come at a cost, a far too steep cost”, but as long it’s not them or their loved ones then “it’s just the price other people pay for my personal needs”.

Why are dead children an acceptable price for certain freedoms? Can anyone pro-2A explain why they are fine with vulnerable children being sacrificed is an okay price to pay!?
    It's not their kid being shot. Plain and simple. Until one of their family members is gunned down in senseless violence, it doesn't register as a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://theintercept.com/2022/05/27/...w-enforcement/

Reminder: Police aren't here to protect us -
    As always, the Simpsons have already covered this topic:

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gop-se...t-and-wokeness

Next thing "not guns" Republicans are blaming?

“There are very few solutions here in the federal government,” the ultra-conservative senator grumbled. “I think the federal government either causes or exacerbates more problems than it ever solves.”
    Weird that this guy works in the federal government he thinks causes problems? Anyways, the reason.

“We stopped teaching values in so many of our schools. Now we’re teaching wokeness,” the senator fumed. “We’re indoctrinating our children with things like CRT, telling, you know, some children they’re not equal to others and they’re the cause of other people’s problems.”

Pushing back, Cavuto interjected: “But school shootings have been happening long before CRT.”

Undeterred, Johnson asserted that “CRT’s been going on under the radar for quite some time as well,” declaring that “wokeness” and “liberal indoctrination” have also been going on for a long time.
    SEA ARE TEE AND WOKENESS!

Republicans. Just. Like. Dead. Kids.

Now the finale -

“This is a much larger issue than what a simple new gun law’s going to, it’s not going to solve it, it’s not going to solve it,” he concluded.
    Literally the rest of the world proves this wrong, but again. Republicans just really seem to like dead kids.

Toronto police fatally shoot man carrying gun by three schools

...I can't even, I mean really this guy wanted to suicide or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Toronto police fatally shoot man carrying gun by three schools

...I can't even, I mean really this guy wanted to suicide or something.
    Wait, the Toronto cops didn't set up a perimeter and wait around for around an hour?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, the Toronto cops didn't set up a perimeter and wait around for around an hour?
    Nearest Tim Horton's had too long of a line, so they figured they'd occupy themselves by doing their fucking job until the line was gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/s...33098000015362

More from our Friends at Fox -

"I’m saying there are a lot of cops here that did a lot of the right things and overall saved a lot of lives... and some of the reporters, the way they're firing these questions at McCraw, I think is a little unfair."
    Ah yes, reporters asking why police failed to do their jobs resulting in the deaths of 19 children and 2 adults, plus many more injured and traumatized, are just being mean and unfair.

The wrong people are the victims of gun violence, if there have to be victims. Which conservatives seem to want.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    You misunderstand republicans are only lamenting that there weren't more dead kids, that's the only explanation for this utterly stupid idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    And mental health (but not for the survivors who just get to live with lifelong trauma of seeing their classmates and teachers murdered around them).
    Yup
    Gov. Greg Abbott said Wednesday that the Uvalde school shooter had a "mental health challenge" and the state needed to "do a better job with mental health" yet in April he slashed $211 million from the department that oversees mental health programs.
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...pend-rcna30557

I seriously hate this man.

Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    Fuck Abbott for being a fuckin piece of shit asshole who went to a fundraiser after a school massacre, followed by the NRA convention, but it's not exclusively to him. This is nearly across the board with Republicans, and often times even Democrats.

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    After looking over Texas law, beyond the civil lawsuits I think what the law enforcement failed to do actually falls under criminal negligence also. But are the odds high of a Texas DA bringing up charges against Texas law enforcement, probably not. But it was 100% criminally negligent as Texas law is written.

10+ Year Old Account
    "The police were doing nothing," Angeli Rose Gomez, a parent of two children at Robb Elementary School, told the newspaper. "They were just standing outside the fence. They weren't going in there or running anywhere."

The Journal reported that Gomez "was one of numerous parents who began encouraging—first politely, and then with more urgency—police and other law enforcement to enter the school sooner."

"After a few minutes, she said, U.S. Marshals put her in handcuffs, telling her she was being arrested for intervening in an active investigation," according to the Journal. "She said she saw a father tackled and thrown to the ground by police and a third pepper-sprayed. Once freed from her cuffs, Ms. Gomez made her distance from the crowd, jumped the school fence, and ran inside to grab her two children. She sprinted out of the school with them."
    https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...valde-shooting