Page 39 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    You think murderous fucks care at the end of the day?
    Yes.

The AR15 has been turned into a both a figurative and a literal cult symbol in the USA.

Yahoos have imbued that particular firearm design with importance far above and beyond it's functional characteristics.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

@PhaelixWW
    So reading through this thread I have to ask, what do YOU think should be done to decrease gun violence in the US?

While it is entirely unsurprising that discussion over any shooting turns quickly to gun control, we have a dedicated thread for that.

But something something good guys with guns.

The only real silver lining I'm seeing is that it's making a lot of the "thin blue line" crowd start to question some of their fundamental beliefs about law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    The only real silver lining I'm seeing is that it's making a lot of the "thin blue line" crowd start to question some of their fundamental beliefs about law enforcement.
    no, it's convincing liberals to rethink their positions on the cops. who knows, maybe they won't blame the Democrat's loses in the future on BLM protesters. that'll be an improvement.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Uvalde police, school district no longer cooperating with Texas probe of shooting
    [quote]The Uvalde Police Department and the Uvalde Independent School District police force are no longer cooperating with the Texas Department of Public Safety's investigation into the massacre at Robb Elementary School and the state's review of the law enforcement response, multiple law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

According to sources, the decision to stop cooperating occurred soon after the director of DPS, Col. Steven McCraw, held a news conference Friday during which he said the delayed police entry into the classroom was "the wrong decision" and contrary to protocol.

Maybe that coward of a police chief could see actual jail time.

Seeing this doing the rounds. If it's legit then like...holy shit what the fuck? This is...legal?

Also, hilarious that once again once cops are afraid they may be accountable for their fuckups they go full turtle mode and just try to nope outta the situation. I wish I could get taxpayer dollars to pay my salary to not do my job when I'm needed most, and then have my employer tell investigators looking into why I may not have done my job to fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Maybe that coward of a police chief could see actual jail time.
    You stopped cooperating? As a police officer or department? Then the State should presume malice. In any case where it could go either way, presume malice and rule accordingly, based on their refusal to cooperate alone, on the basis that they have no reason to refuse to comply without wrongdoing being present.

They're police officers, and they work for the government, at some level. They don't have the freedom to plead the 5th. That might help protect them from criminal prosecutions, but it should not in any respect protect them from getting their asses fired and pensions revoked.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2091399.html

Now officially a "disaster" in the state. But this is good at the end of the day as the status makes it easier to provide additional resources.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/te...olice/2981940/

And that teacher that the cops keep blaming for propping open the door?

Yeah...they didn't, they closed the door after hearing people yell there was someone with a gun.

And worth noting, it's very likely that the teacher did not have the keys needed to lock the door. Teacher did the right things, called 911 and tried to keep the shooter out.

Cops have a lot of 'splainin to do.

I do wonder if literally anything the cops said in the first 24 hours will end up being true by the end of this. I get it, lots of initial confusion and getting to the bottom of things, but it sure seems like local cops straight up made up a ton of this shit early on.

10+ Year Old Account

Now officially a "disaster" in the state. But this is good at the end of the day as the status makes it easier to provide additional resources.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/te...olice/2981940/

And that teacher that the cops keep blaming for propping open the door?

Yeah...they didn't, they closed the door after hearing people yell there was someone with a gun.

And worth noting, it's very likely that the teacher did not have the keys needed to lock the door. Teacher did the right things, called 911 and tried to keep the shooter out.

Cops have a lot of 'splainin to do.

I do wonder if literally anything the cops said in the first 24 hours will end up being true by the end of this. I get it, lots of initial confusion and getting to the bottom of things, but it sure seems like local cops straight up made up a ton of this shit early on.
    *cough*
    BRING ME THE BODY CAM FOOTAGE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    *cough*
    BRING ME THE BODY CAM FOOTAGE!
    "Sorry, our law enforcement canines ate the cameras."

10+ Year Old Account
    "Sorry, our law enforcement canines ate the cameras."
    "...and then our SWAT team ate the law enforcement canines. Oops."

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

It wouldn't surprise me if they are walking EVERYTHING back, just so they don't get sued. It wouldn't surprise me if everything they said day 1 was true, but now they know that 21 families are getting lawyers to see their legal options, because the cops actions were negligent at best, and cowardly 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if they are walking EVERYTHING back, just so they don't get sued. It wouldn't surprise me if everything they said day 1 was true, but now they know that 21 families are getting lawyers to see their legal options, because the cops actions were negligent at best, and cowardly 100%.
    As has been discussed, police do not have a legal obligation to do their jobs and protect people. And I doubt they could get sued for giving initially incorrect, or even provably dishonest, information.

They were likely just trying to spin the most positive story they could for as long as they could because they immediately realized how terribly things were looking for them.

As has been discussed, police do not have a legal obligation to do their jobs and protect people. And I doubt they could get sued for giving initially incorrect, or even provably dishonest, information.

They were likely just trying to spin the most positive story they could for as long as they could because they immediately realized how terribly things were looking for them.
    I don't know, as I posted a couple days ago, the cops went in to get their own children, but didn't save anyone else, til more backup arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I don't know, as I posted a couple days ago, the cops went in to get their own children, but didn't save anyone else, til more backup arrived.
    I think I've seen some evidence supporting that but still haven't see 100% confirmation, but all the same they have no legal obligation to do their jobs and protect people. It being cowardly, gross, and awful doesn't change the fact that what they did or didn't do (i.e. not doing their jobs) was depressingly legal.

There's zero chance they would win a civil suit though no take backsies there.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There's zero chance they would win a civil suit though no take backsies there.
    I guess they could take them to civil court maybe, but I wouldn't put much faith in any success.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

I would not be surprised if the timing of this "declared disaster" coincides with the State Police briefing Abbot that the Uvalde police department fucked this up in almost every way possible. Abbot, by doing this, can prevent himself from being on the bad side of this continuingly developing disaster.