Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    President Donald J. Trump to Address NRA Members at the 2022 NRA Annual Meetings and Exhibits in Houston, Texas
    The National Rifle Association is pleased to announce that former President Donald Trump will headline a star-studded cast of political heavyweights at the NRA Institute for Legislative Action (NRA-ILA) Leadership Forum on Friday, May 27, at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston.

"It is truly an honor to have President Trump address NRA members for the sixth time at our 2022 NRA-ILA Leadership Forum in Houston," said NRA Executive Vice President & CEO Wayne LaPierre. "President Trump delivered on his promises by appointing judges who respect and value the Constitution and the Bill of Rights and in doing so helped ensure the freedom of generations of Americans. NRA members are excited to hear him speak and thank him for his support for our right to keep and bear arms."

Starting at 2 p.m. local time, Trump will be joined in a celebration of Second Amendment rights by Texas Gov. Greg Abbott, Sen. John Cornyn, Sen. Ted Cruz, Rep. Dan Crenshaw, North Carolina Lt. Governor Mark Robinson, and South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem.
    For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God.
    Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails.
    Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.
    Amen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Funnily enough that won't really do anything here. He was 18, wouldn't have been allowed to buy beer.
    He wouldn't have legally been able to buy the handgun, either.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2201761

Topical: Firearms are now the leading cause of death for children in the US from 1999-2020.

If only there was literally anything that we could do about this, but alas it's a perpetually unsolvable problem that we are the only nation faced with.

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    But he can still buy a long arm gun and you don't need a permit, Texas is not the kind of state that enforces gun laws so his age wouldn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    But he can still buy a long arm gun and you don't need a permit
    Only a handful of states require a permit to buy a long gun.

Texas is not the kind of state that enforces gun laws so his age wouldn't matter.

Bullshit.

Federal laws are enforced by the ATF, even for FFLs in Texas.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Bullshit.

Federal laws are enforced by the ATF, even for FFLs in Texas.
    Oh the ATF, you mean the gutted understaffed and overworked government agency still using paper records by congressional law in 2022? that one? it's laughable that you think that means anything anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2201761

Topical: Firearms are now the leading cause of death for children in the US from 1999-2020.

If only there was literally anything that we could do about this, but alas it's a perpetually unsolvable problem that we are the only nation faced with.
    Your link talks about children AND adolescents, aged 1-19. So the jump to first could literally be because adults are killing each other more.
    https://www.childstats.gov/americaschildren/phys7.asp
    Although injury death rates have declined in the past 2 decades for children ages 1–14, unintentional injuries remain the leading cause of death for children ages 1–4 and ages 5–14. In addition, nonfatal injuries continue to be important causes of child morbidity, disability, and reduced quality of life.83 Total lifetime costs (medical expenses and productivity losses) of injuries among children under age 15 have been estimated to be $59 billion.84 In 2019, there were nearly 4,000 fatal injuries and 4 million emergency department (ED) visits for non-fatal injuries among children ages 1–14.85 The leading causes of injury differ for children and adolescents (see PHY8.A).

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Funnily enough that won't really do anything here. He was 18, wouldn't have been allowed to buy beer.
    Doesnt stop him from asking sum1 on the way out to get him stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Texas lowered the age to buy a handgun to 18 in 2021. His gun could very well have been purchased legally. The NRA has been pushing for (and were probably going to be successful) for lowering the long gun age from 21 to 18 in places like Texas, too.

Just last year, Gov'r Greg Abbott signed a law allowing legal adults to open carry without license or training.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh the ATF, you mean the gutted understaffed and overworked government agency still using paper records by congressional law in 2022? that one?
    The ATF is hardly "gutted". Understaffed and overworked are fairly synonymous terms, here, but not inaccurate.

But no, they're not "still using paper records", at least in any department-wide "all records are paper records" sense. The law requires that no central digitized registry be created, that's all. The only paper records are the ones stored from out-of-business FFLs, and many of those are recorded to microfiche, as well.

And none of that has anything to do with ATF enforcing regulations on FFLs.

it's laughable that you think that means anything anymore.
    The only thing laughable here is that you think you know what you're talking about.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Its texas? Arent teachers armed as well? being serious
    they CAN be, but you know, some people don't want to risk bringing a gun around small children

Crazy ain't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    The "Pro-Life" Party indeed.
    Hey, they were alive at some point, that's all that mattered to them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Clawsout View Post
    Texas is fucky you can buy a gun from the liqour store which i mean to me is really wack. Hey can i get a handgun and 40oz thanks

id start the removal there. You dont have to take guns from good gun owners but at least making them less excessable from everywhere would probably make a difference
    since covid, almost every pawn shop is advertising they buy guns, soooo, ya
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Texas lowered the age to buy a handgun to 18 in 2021.
    No, that had to do with carrying a handgun, not purchasing a handgun. You still have to be 21 to purchase a handgun from an FFL, even in Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    His gun could very well have been purchased legally.
    Only if it was a private sale. The legal age to purchase a handgun in a private sale is 18, but the legal age to purchase a handgun from an FFL is 21.

The theoretical "buying a gun at a store that sells booze" would necessitate an FFL purchase, which would be illegal under 21.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Sadly the number has now risen to 18 children and 3 adults killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    I guess the grandmother is still alive, amazingly enough.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Wonder how many more child sacrifices the Pro-Life crowd in the US needs before they'll think about doing something other than just thoughts and prayers.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.npr.org/2022/05/24/11010...ootings-so-far

A dubious honor: We're averaging more than 1 school shooting per week.

21 weeks into 2022, 27 school shootings in 2022.

Oh, and we're over 200 mass shootings already, only a bit behind pace to match the 700 mass shootings of 2021 and 600 of 2020, but very on pace to beat 2019's 400 mass shootings.
    PLenty of basebell left to play. I believe in you America... I believe in you
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

The ATF is hardly "gutted". Understaffed and overworked are fairly synonymous terms, here, but not inaccurate.

But no, they're not "still using paper records", at least in any department-wide "all records are paper records" sense. The law requires that no central digitized registry be created, that's all. The only paper records are the ones stored from out-of-business FFLs, and many of those are recorded to microfiche, as well.

And none of that has anything to do with ATF enforcing regulations on FFLs.

The only thing laughable here is that you think you know what you're talking about.
    They don't have the means to do their jobs but you think they can do their jobs well I'm convinced.

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder how many more child sacrifices the Pro-Life crowd in the US needs before they'll think about doing something other than just thoughts and prayers.
    Even if there was a mass shooting in a nursery it would still be thoughts and prayers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nature gave us 2 years to fix so many problems. We did nothing.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't have the means to do their jobs but you think they can do their jobs well I'm convinced.
    They have the means to do their job. They could still benefit from more funding, however.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

oh, what the hell, the gunman is actually dead and not arrested. That sucks when it does happen.

Now no motive or anything.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-05-25 at 12:25 AM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."