Page 86 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Perhaps you should clarify what you meant by an "argument against responsibility"?

I took it to mean that you weren't arguing that gun owners shouldn't handle their weapons responsibly, given the suite of harmful uses I pointed out that will, naturally, occur with any level of home-ownership.

If you're talking about "criminals not obeying laws", though, and thus dismissing the need for said laws at all, you are making an argument against the concept of responsible gun ownership; you're implicitly arguing that criminals should have the right to buy and carry weaponry. Because how responsible their use would be should not be factored in.

Shifting to a completely different meaning for "responsibility" is just confusing for no good reason.

Obesity isn't a valid comparison, because the only threat obesity poses is to the individual who's obese, and even then it's often not particularly significant (drinking alcohol occasionally or using caffeine regularly would pose comparable risks, by example).

Firearms are primarily a risk towards other people, and their primary function is to inflict said harm on said other people.

- - - Updated - - -

I A> don't have a gun, and B> don't need a gun, because C> my society doesn't allow crazy levels of unrestricted gun ownership and social collapse that ensure there's both a high violent crime rate and that potential criminals have ready access to weaponry.

The Uvalde police and the school shooting there are a symptom of the exact same problems. The shooter was able to arm themselves so impressively hundreds of officers felt they could not confront him. And they did so just by . . . going out to a retail store and buying those weapons off the rack. My country doesn't have those problems. Because it has gun control legislation and no concept of anything like the 2nd Amendment. The weekly rate of school shootings in the USA is the result of the USA's 2nd Amendment and loose gun control laws.
    Obesity is everyone's problem sadly given how they clog up hospitals. You learned nothing from covid if you believe about ailing slowly dying person doesn't have knock on effects.

As for the responsible owner stick your conflating two different posts responding to two different arguments. I see a gun as a tool it's on the person to use it. I'm not an absurd liberation I believe in regulation but not flat out removing private ownership.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    Would be interested in your mind set for that.
    Want to know why you're not getting a genuine reply?

Trust the uvalde police to protect you.
    It's because you said this, in this thread. At best, you're being sarcastic. But I read the rest of your posts.

On topic: Telemundo, of all people, caught the shooter's mom apparently trying to apologize, which devolved into "don't judge my son" which devolved into a screaming match which devolved into calling 911.

I know my son was a coward! You don’t think I don’t know that? I know! You don’t think I’m carrying all that with me? You don’t think I don’t know. I know
    -- the shooter's mother

The mother didn't pull the trigger...hundreds of times. And maybe her son's problems were not something she knew about at all. (The trips to the gun store...yeah, that's different) I have no doubt her life is a shitshow right now. I'm not ready to blame her, I don't have enough evidence to do that, and don't particularly want to. BUt boy, this is not something other people are going to let go.

Why didn’t you call 911?

I didn’t know

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    Are radicalized idiots going to start mass-obesitying schools and social gatherings?
    Impossible. The same shitbags who promote gun violence by making the same arguments as TenTim are the ones completely OK with children not receiving school meals due to poverty.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Obesity is everyone's problem sadly given how they clog up hospitals. You learned nothing from covid if you believe about ailing slowly dying person doesn't have knock on effects.
    And it's a problem that's already being addressed and handled. And if it weren't, you could easily start doing so.

This isn't a case of picking only one thing to work on. I have no idea why you're trying to deflect to obesity. No, wait, that's incorrect. I know exactly why.

Because you don't want to have an honest conversation about gun control, because you know you're not gonna win that conversation. So you deflect to completely irrelevant distractions.

Unless it's the guns getting obese or making people obese, you're deliberately and dishonestly deflecting.

As for the responsible owner stick your conflating two different posts responding to two different arguments. I see a gun as a tool it's on the person to use it. I'm not an absurd liberation I believe in regulation but not flat out removing private ownership.
    News flash; gun control laws control the access persons have to weapons. They don't target the guns themselves, and this has always been a completely fucking silly-pants horseshit argument by people who can't have an honest conversation.

Crack cocaine's a "tool", too. Should we not regulate and control it, either?

Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    Are radicalized idiots going to start mass-obesitying schools and social gatherings?
    I've seen a fat pride rally so maybe? We love in interesting times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And it's a problem that's already being addressed and handled. And if it weren't, you could easily start doing so.

This isn't a case of picking only one thing to work on. I have no idea why you're trying to deflect to obesity. No, wait, that's incorrect. I know exactly why.

Because you don't want to have an honest conversation about gun control, because you know you're not gonna win that conversation. So you deflect to completely irrelevant distractions.

Unless it's the guns getting obese or making people obese, you're deliberately and dishonestly deflecting.

News flash; gun control laws control the access persons have to weapons. They don't target the guns themselves, and this has always been a completely fucking silly-pants horseshit argument by people who can't have an honest conversation.

Crack cocaine's a "tool", too. Should we not regulate and control it, either?
    Who isn't having a honest conversation?

I've been quite clear about my stance your the one trying to dance around words like ban and access as if they mean different things in this conversation.

A snake should never scream snake... people will take notice of it.

I mean one bullet doesn't either but I have groupings of bricks that have.
    Have you heard of anyone killing multiple people with a brick? Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Have you heard of anyone killing multiple people with a brick? Ever?
    I mean you could just google it and see but I have the feeling your trying to make a horribly tortured point...

You monster! What did a point ever do to you?

I mean you could just google it and see but I have the feeling your trying to make a horribly tortured point...

You monster! What did a point ever do to you?
    Go ahead and link the mass murders with a brick then, because I can't find any.

I mean one bullet doesn't either but I have groupings of bricks that have.
    If you were defending yourself from an attacker would you rather he be attacking you with:

A) an AR-15.

B) a Grouping of Bricks.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Go ahead and link the mass murders with a brick then, because I can't find any.
    Bless your heart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    If you were defending yourself from an attacker would you rather he be attacking you with:

A) an AR-15.

B) a Grouping of Bricks.
    Me I totally would drop a brick building on my attacker. Kind of a badass that way.

Me I totally would drop a brick building on my attacker. Kind of a badass that way.
    You don't read too good.

Try it again.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

You don't read too good.

Try it again.
    The irony of this statement is gonna hit you like a ton of bricks.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't read too good.
    Also, funny story, who/where/when a building gets dropped is also heavily restricted. It was a childishly bad example to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really we simply disagree. You hysterically believe that criminals will obey the laws of only you make ever increasing more of them. While others rather have personal liberties.
    Criminals may not obey laws, but the people selling guns should be held accountable when they don't follow laws. There's been a lot of cases where guns were sold to people who should not have had them. There should be stricter regulations on how background checks are handled and harsher laws for those that fail to follow those regulations. This also has no impact on personal liberties for those who can legally purchase guns.

For example, Devin P. Kelley had a domestic violence court-martial and should've been put into the federal database to block him from purchasing a rifle. This could've prevented 26 deaths. Could he have obtained the weapon illegally somewhere? Sure, but these laws and regulations help act as barriers to reduce the chances of this happening.

The irony of this statement is gonna hit you like a ton of bricks.
    It really isn't.

I didn't ask you what weapon you would prefer to use against your attacker. I asked what weapon you would prefer your attacker to use against you.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...eRJTO-epYLZfXA

The husband that was shown on his phone was trying to connect to his wife. He says a minute later that it is his wife's class. Critics will say he prob shoulda forced his way in, but honestly I think social media owes him an appology.

What sucks is that his wife was still alive when she was eventually rescued, but died on the way to the hospital. If they had acted sooner she'd still be alive. If they had let him do his fucking job, she'd still be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/lo...eRJTO-epYLZfXA

The husband that was shown on his phone was trying to connect to his wife. He says a minute later that it is his wife's class. Critics will say he prob shoulda forced his way in, but honestly I think social media owes him an appology
    Fair, but I'll still clown on his phone background. Fuckin Punisher logo bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fair, but I'll still clown on his phone background. Fuckin Punisher logo bullshit.
    yeah punish logo is cringe, but I thinkk he got unfairly criticized for all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    yeah punish logo is cringe, but I thinkk he got unfairly criticized for all of this.
    Why? Did he actually do something after all?
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Why? Did he actually do something after all?
    He was conflicted and trying before being forced out and disarmed. Submission to superiors is a hell of a drug tho, and I bet he wishes he disobeyed now.