Page 29 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I think a major issue in the US is a lack of caring and honesty from politicians. I think both sides are pretty self-serving, even if I agree with Democratic views.
    Everyone is self serving to a degree. And if you're a professional "decision maker", you will get detached from the emotional side from it. Just like a surgeon better be detached from treating the slab of meat on his table. You don't want emotions, you want professionalism in some jobs.

It's really hard for me to understand people's constant paranoia about politicians honesty. I don't give a shit if they're honest or not. I want something, they promise to do something, if they don't do it, I won't support them next time around. It's not that frickin' hard. Of course, I'm talking about a population that voted Trump into office. It's so easy to blame politicians lying when the harsher truth is that most Americans are just too.. um, one-dimensional and/or lost in their ideological trench wars to see the big picture. This whole gun debate is a perfect example for that.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Conservatives keep trying to spin damage control for these cops, but nothing is going to empower potential school shooters more than seeing a bunch of cops be to cowardly to even stop them. A little more ammo and a little more active of a shooter after 40 minutes means there might not be much of a school left to rescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Nothing classes up a thread about 21 dead people in a school like someone being an obsessive, angry pedant. Sheesh.
    Apparently there just isn't enough disgusting and shitty behavior surrounding this event.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Toronto police fatally shoot man carrying gun by three schools

...I can't even, I mean really this guy wanted to suicide or something.
    Dang, even the Canadians are outgunning the US police now... embarassing.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Massive incompetency or something else?...

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Columbine taught us that lesson long before Sandy Hook.
    I'll give America on mulligan on, "Well, just one mass shooting of children isn't enough to shock us." but Sandy Hook made it crystal clear that no amount of dead kids will spur roughly half of this country towards any action.

Which, ironically, is largely the same half the country screaming about the SANCTITY OF LIFE AND SAVING BABIES.

I guess once you're outta the womb you gotta get strapped and defend yourself between learning your state capitol and playing wallball at recess.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'll give America on mulligan on, "Well, just one mass shooting of children isn't enough to shock us." but Sandy Hook made it crystal clear that no amount of dead kids will spur roughly half of this country towards any action.

Which, ironically, is largely the same half the country screaming about the SANCTITY OF LIFE AND SAVING BABIES.

I guess once you're outta the womb you gotta get strapped and defend yourself between learning your state capitol and playing wallball at recess.
    They won't care about a fetus if it gets shot.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    They won't care about a fetus if it gets shot.
    "The mother and fetus should have moved out of the way of the FREEDOM METAL that was just seeking to bring FREEDOM to more places and LIBERATE the fetus from the unjustified imprisonment in the body of the mother."

Brought to you by the same folks that unironically tried calling fossil fuels "freedom molecules".

The conservatives brain trust is down to its last few cells.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas/2022...alde-shooting/

Even Abbott is throwing local cops under the bus.

“I am livid about what happened,” Abbott said during a news conference in Uvalde, the site of the shooting where a gunman killed 19 students and two adults Tuesday. “The information I was given turned out, in part, to be inaccurate, and I am absolutely livid about that.”
    Yeah, maybe like...don't do shit like this?

In his first news conference after the shooting, Abbott had praised how police handled the shooting, applauding their "amazing courage."

“It could have been worse. The reason it was not worse is because law enforcement officials did what they do,” he said Wednesday.
    Before you have the full information. And also maybe don't go to a fundraiser afterwards?

"The mother and fetus should have moved out of the way of the FREEDOM METAL that was just seeking to bring FREEDOM to more places and LIBERATE the fetus from the unjustified imprisonment in the body of the mother."

Brought to you by the same folks that unironically tried calling fossil fuels "freedom molecules".

The conservatives brain trust is down to its last few cells.
    It's all pretend, because what the modern republican party really boils down to is contrarianism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    https://www.statesman.com/story/news...ys/9959949002/
    In this everchanging shitshow full of lies and misinformation/disinformation we are now seeing this.

So the two injured cops seemed to have received grazing wounds.

That commander needs to be fired pronto, as well as any of the people who knowingly lied to try and cover up this departments mistakes.
    They are going to say they weren't funded to train/arm/respond.

Worse is that (AFAIK) the various institutions that fund them, from the WH to the city, are letting that rhetoric fly.

Someone is going to end up preemptively shooting another person because they suspect the person might become a shooter if we can't count on law enforcement.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2022-05-27 at 10:28 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They are going to say they weren't funded to train/arm/respond.

Worse is that (AFAIK) the various institutions that fund them, from the WH to the city, are letting that rhetoric fly.
    Cop worship is so strong in the US that even Biden will praise these useless excrements for their "heroism".

Cop worship is so strong in the US that even Biden will praise these useless excrements for their "heroism".
    Well of course he has to. We've repeatedly been told by conservatives that if we don't constantly praise and butter up law enforcement for *checks notes* doing the job they're getting paid by taxpayers to do, then they just won't do that job.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/news/3504498-cru...n-nra-address/

“What stops armed bad guys is armed good guys,” he said, arguing that lawmakers’ proposal to expand background checks on gun sales wouldn’t prevent most mass murders
    Rafael Cruz, speaking at the NRA convention, apparently memory holing that the past three (I believe) mass shootings at schools all included "good guys with guns" who failed to stop the shooters.

Republicans. Just. Like. Dead. Kids.

Cruz called for every school to have a single point of entry guarded by multiple armed police officers, or if need be, military veterans. He added that schools should have bulletproof and locking doors to each classroom.
    Ah yes, not a fire hazard at all. Also, I love that the response is to basically militarize our schools.

Who's gonna pay for all this by the way? Since Republicans won't add new taxes to support spending and all.

Fuckin immoral, gross, pathetic human beings who love to see dead kids.

Who's gonna pay for all this by the way?
    Oh no no no no. Hell no. Someone has to volunteer.

Oh no no no no. Hell no. Someone has to volunteer.
    Who's gonna volunteer to rebuild the schools with single points of entry? To build the fencing and other barriers? I mean, I'm sure they can find some folks that would be excited to patrol schools with guns on the lookout for shooters, but those are also probably the exact kind of people you do not want armed and around children.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who's gonna volunteer to rebuild the schools with single points of entry? To build the fencing and other barriers? I mean, I'm sure they can find some folks that would be excited to patrol schools with guns on the lookout for shooters, but those are also probably the exact kind of people you do not want armed and around children.
    I'll set up a gofundme right now to own the libs. Almost none some of the proceeds will actually go that and not my private yacht.

10+ Year Old Account
    [Literally the rest of the world proves this wrong, but again. Republicans just really seem to like dead kids.
    Nah, there really is a much larger issue.

Specifically, the issue is the continued existence Republican party.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...l-human-right/

NRA head Wayne LaPierre told his group’s members that the Uvalde mass shooting “should never happen again” but rejected gun control proposals, calling gun ownership a “fundamental human right.
    In which the "pro-gun" crowd continues to show how absolutely batshit insane they are, and continue to promote ideologies and policies that will result in more dead Americans, and especially children.

The conservative movement in the US still seems very pro-dead kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Ok so apparently the cops lied about confronting the shooter outside?
    That or they are trying to cover their asses because they realized their first set of comments, opens them up to litigation, especially when some of them admitted to going in, not to confront the shooter, but to save their kids.

Ah yes, not a fire hazard at all. Also, I love that the response is to basically militarize our schools.

Who's gonna pay for all this by the way? Since Republicans won't add new taxes to support spending and all.

Fuckin immoral, gross, pathetic human beings who love to see dead kids.
    Exactly this, republicans have constantly been cutting school funding and denying teachers raises. They rather turn schools into federal prisons because that would mean more gun sales.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    That or they are trying to cover their asses because they realized their first set of comments, opens them up to litigation, especially when some of them admitted to going in, not to confront the shooter, but to save their kids.
    Holy shit, so they were handcuffing and berating parents to stop them from saving their own kids while they went in and saved their own.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Worth noting - while this wouldn't be surprising I don't think we've seen actual confirmation on it yet. It's believable given their other actions, but given that the source for this was apparently Shaun King I'm a bit skeptical...he's not exactly the most reputable/trustworthy source : |