Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm watching a PBS News Hour episode, and there's a segment on how gun companies market their products.

Their advertising methods (Appealing to young men's masculinity) are VERY similar to how tobacco companies advertise cigarettes.

Quote Originally Posted by CastletonSnob View Post
    I'm watching a PBS News Hour episode, and there's a segment on how gun companies market their products.

Their advertising methods (Appealing to young men's masculinity) are VERY similar to how tobacco companies advertise cigarettes.
    I'm quite sure the insecurities of men of any age sell guns just as well. The difference is that they outsourced appealing to those to the GOP.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's probably not being reported on nationally, but for those curious, school is getting started back up here in Texas and all the school districts in my area at least are dealing with serious staffing shortages. One district here is only going to be able to run its buses every other week due to a shortage of drivers. Others are hiring dozens of untrained substitutes for $120 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    It's probably not being reported on nationally, but for those curious, school is getting started back up here in Texas and all the school districts in my area at least are dealing with serious staffing shortages. One district here is only going to be able to run its buses every other week due to a shortage of drivers. Others are hiring dozens of untrained substitutes for $120 a day.
    Yep, Florida is giving temporary teaching certificates to former military members. Think it is being reported they are missing some 9000 teachers or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Others are hiring dozens of untrained substitutes for $120 a day.
    So...$15/hour? Funny, $15/hour suddenly seems like a decent unskilled pay when it's your teachers afraid to come to work and get shot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So...$15/hour? Funny, $15/hour suddenly seems like a decent unskilled pay when it's your teachers afraid to come to work and get shot.
    It's also still less than Wal Mart's starting paying rate, which is $16.40.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean its 15 dollars an hour if you count the whole year. It isn't a whole year position. Nor is it demanding or difficult work. High quality teachers are taught over in private schools but people with the bare minimum are not exactly saught after.

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    I mean its 15 dollars an hour if you count the whole year. It isn't a whole year position. Nor is it demanding or difficult work. High quality teachers are taught over in private schools but people with the bare minimum are not exactly saught after.
    What fantasy land did you get educated in?

Where I went to school, even as a student, that shit looked demanding and was a perfect example of why you didn’t arm the teachers.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    What fantasy land did you get educated in?

Where I went to school, even as a student, that shit looked demanding and was a perfect example of why you didn’t arm the teachers.
    It isn't that hard to read a book then look at answer keys. Public education is pretty much a joke. Proper instructors exist in the private sector and are very well paid.

It isn't that hard to read a book then look at answer keys. Public education is pretty much a joke. Proper instructors exist in the private sector and are very well paid.
    Public education is lacking precisely because teachers and schools don't receive enough funding and support. Exactly because of the same bullshit justifications you're mindlessly parroting here.

10+ Year Old Account
    but people with the bare minimum are not exactly saught after.
    Except that they are, that’s what we’re talking about.
    /s

And just like that you have proven you don’t have a clue about what you are talking about with either the difficulties of teaching or on the quality of teachers in private schools versus public.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

It isn't that hard to read a book then look at answer keys.
    Congratulations on being 100% wrong and ignorant on what being a teacher is.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Public education is lacking precisely because teachers and schools don't receive enough funding and support. Exactly because of the same bullshit justifications you're mindlessly parroting here.
    I have little sympathy for public education but it might need it's own thread. I'm painfully aware of the difference between public and private education.

I have little sympathy for public education but it might need it's own thread. I'm painfully aware of the difference between public and private education.
    Considering you don't know what teachers actually do I doubt you're aware of the differences between public and private education.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Considering you don't know what teachers actually do I doubt you're aware of the differences between public and private education.
    If you wanna ad nauseam this your free to.

Private education, tends to be more religious nutbaggery, which often makes people fucking ignorant and gullible.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Private education, tends to be more religious nutbaggery, which often makes people fucking ignorant and gullible.
    Good private education then if you want to split straws and I know you do.

If you wanna ad nauseam this your free to.
    Just like you're free to be wrong, but I'm still allowed to tell you that you are, much like dozens others on a public forum. Your idea that only good teachers are in private education is also not exactly true either, but if you wanna be ign'ant then you're free to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Just like you're free to be wrong, but I'm still allowed to tell you that you are, much like dozens others on a public forum. Your idea that only good teachers are in private education is also not exactly true either, but if you wanna be ign'ant then you're free to.
    Like I said when your counter arguement is " well your right but not exactly right" I'm not gonna go into a tangent about one specific school system you have an issue with.

Public education is an utter cesspit of a dumping ground anywhere. If you have any talent for instructing pupils you are in the private sector. For the sheer basic level of service they provide.