Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nothin special except xfaction. Boooring. Prob better upgrade on season 4 start in hot fix lol

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    While I'm all for a new Paladin armour set, it is just a recolour of Legion. Not too bad as it's a nice set BUT it has the stupid belt design which stops the front of the tabard from showing below the waist. This annoys me soooo much!!!!!!
    Thankfully it doesn't look bad if you just hide the belt. Alternatively the paladin belt from SoO matches the set fairly well.

Saddened to see that they didn't broaden the cross faction restrictions to just being completely transparent and allowed entirely. It'll happen within the next few years anyway so why bother delaying it? Blizzard opened up the flood gates for manual content, which will already fuck with balance and other things. So... Very confusing.

Not really "content" patch, is it?

7+ Year Old Account
    my ping to na servers is around 150 @exochaft certainly playable considering i got the whole global cd to que up my spells

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Saddened to see that they didn't broaden the cross faction restrictions to just being completely transparent and allowed entirely. It'll happen within the next few years anyway so why bother delaying it? Blizzard opened up the flood gates for manual content, which will already fuck with balance and other things. So... Very confusing.
    They've mentioned a ton, whenever this topic comes up, that it's technical reasons, not their own decisions, which are blocking broader cross faction content. The game makes a LOT of assumptions that the players are in the same faction, and those assumptions are buried in 17.5 years of programming and tech debt. They're slowly unravelling the threads required to remove these assumptions and make cross faction a thing everywhere, but it takes time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    They've mentioned a ton, whenever this topic comes up, that it's technical reasons, not their own decisions, which are blocking broader cross faction content. The game makes a LOT of assumptions that the players are in the same faction, and those assumptions are buried in 17.5 years of programming and tech debt. They're slowly unravelling the threads required to remove these assumptions and make cross faction a thing everywhere, but it takes time.
    More like the technology is already there but not ready for production. MrGM was able to invite both alliance and horde players to a guild on PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Gotta space out features to keep you at least mildly excited for the newest patch or blue post.
    Basically breadcrumb feeding you features. Cant have you fully satisfied now can we?

Wow, already. Time to dust off the Vulpera and be ready to play with the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzonathan View Post
    Gotta space out features to keep you at least mildly excited for the newest patch or blue post.
    Basically breadcrumb feeding you features. Cant have you fully satisfied now can we?
    Sadly, this is what it probably is. Just like everything else they add to the game that is suspiciously half-implemented, it's probably done on purpose or not wanting to continue testing it with proper QA - so just, implement it and move on.

5+ Year Old Account
    CHARACTERS
    Removed the experience point reduction that is applied to level 51–60 characters while in Party Sync.
    How much reduction it was? Does this mean some kinda new faster leveling than normal??

And why don't they give back +xp for Heirloom armor? WHY THEY REMOVED IT IN THE FIRST PLACE!?!!

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    This won't fix anything,

Most horde players won't open it up to alliance to troll them and the majority of Horde aren't going to suddenly race change to play alliance.....all their friends at this point and guilds are horde and if they REALLY want an alliance chances are they already do.
    This "Cross faction" shit is about 18 years late
    Unfortunately this is at lest partially true. This change is done for basically the casual alliance players that PUG most of their time (myself included) because using the tool is every day more painful due to the fact less and less players are left. On the top 5% compettitive guilds this doesn't chage literally anything since the bulk of the playerbase is already on their side.

I mean, there will surely be some shuffle. I plan going horde mostly because i want to get back as belf but still play with my Alliance casual guild, as i don't really care about Mythic. However if pugging becomes better i may not need to. Unfortunately i have first hand comments from horde players that they do not care about this and purposefully will turn off the option because "all the bad players are on alliance".

I don't really know what's to come. In the end i'm preparing mostly for 10.0 so i have plenty of time to transfer if i want to.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

"Random matchmade activities like Heroic dungeons, Skirmishes, or Random Battlegrounds will all remain same-faction. [LEARN MORE]
    The following instances are not cross-faction:

Trial of the Champion
    Trial of the Crusader
    Vault of Archavon
    Icecrown Citadel
    Baradin Hold
    Siege of Boralus
    Battle of Dazar'alor
    Darkmaul Citadel (Exile's Reach dungeon)"

like why ? what is the reason to limit it ? stupid pride of blizzard devs ?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    "Random matchmade activities like Heroic dungeons, Skirmishes, or Random Battlegrounds will all remain same-faction. [LEARN MORE]
    The following instances are not cross-faction:

Trial of the Champion
    Trial of the Crusader
    Vault of Archavon
    Icecrown Citadel
    Baradin Hold
    Siege of Boralus
    Battle of Dazar'alor
    Darkmaul Citadel (Exile's Reach dungeon)"

like why ? what is the reason to limit it ? stupid pride of blizzard devs ?
    It's because they have special faction-specific content. They're literally locked to whichever faction you're playing as. Most likely they haven't figured out how to get those to work with cross-faction yet.

But, y'know, good job assuming it's because of "stupid pride".

EDIT: You know, that was a little more hostile than I intended, I apologize.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2022-05-26 at 01:29 PM.

No real class changes so I guess lock / surv will end up with the longest running meta specs in the games history.

Let’s get some faster leveling!

Playing with new friends cross faction
    Wanting to try out new classes with teir sets and leggos
    Let’s get some leveling bonuses
    Help us get to max a bit faster to have fun and enjoy the game. Why not?

Cross faction is going to be great, but what I don't understand is this one line:

"group leader may choose to restrict the listing to same-faction applicants if they so choose."

Completely unnecessary, and defeats the entire purpose of this feature.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mst3kfan View Post
    Cross faction is going to be great, but what I don't understand is this one line:

"group leader may choose to restrict the listing to same-faction applicants if they so choose."

Completely unnecessary, and defeats the entire purpose of this feature.
    Why would I make a group n allow it to be infested by vulpera?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's because they have special faction-specific content. They're literally locked to whichever faction you're playing as. Most likely they haven't figured out how to get those to work with cross-faction yet.

But, y'know, good job assuming it's because of "stupid pride".

EDIT: You know, that was a little more hostile than I intended, I apologize.
    I'm thinking similar to Escape from Durnhold Keep, just put a racial masking spell on us, at least for now?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TristanTaylor View Post
    I'm thinking similar to Escape from Durnhold Keep, just put a racial masking spell on us, at least for now?
    The problem is, which faction are you masked to? Matched to the group leader? The majority of players? The people in Party 1? And would that actually convince the current code that you're of that faction, or is there more backend work needed?

I'm not saying it's not a bad idea, just that it's probably a bit more involved than what race you appear as (I'd be curious if someone wearing that disguise actually "counts" as that race during quests that specifically reference your race, for example).