Question about the Covenant campaigns

So im playing shadowlands for the first time with a cousin, we choose ardenweald as our covenant and so we are doing ardenweald campaign, if we ever want to do the other covenant campaigns will we be able to do it after we finish the Ardenweald campaign or we will have to play with an alt?.

Quote Originally Posted by Piamonte View Post
    So im playing shadowlands for the first time with a cousin, we choose ardenweald as our covenant and so we are doing ardenweald campaign, if we ever want to do the other covenant campaigns will we be able to do it after we finish the Ardenweald campaign or we will have to play with an alt?.
    You'll be able to play the other covenant campaigns after. Not immediately after, but once you've renown 80, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

You are able to do any convenant campaign on any character, you can totally do the four campaign on the same character. You just need to change your covenant and you will immediately be able to start the campaign of said covenant.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    You'll be able to play the other covenant campaigns after. Not immediately after, but once you've renown 80, I think.
    this isn't accurate at all. you could always swap to another covenant and do the campaign when you were a full member. in 9.0 that process took a week or two I believe but it doesn't any more. you certainly don't need to be renown 80 to do it, your renown resets when you switch covenant.

OP before you do that make sure you buy the 40 Renown item from the Vendor near the flight master in Oribos

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    this isn't accurate at all. you could always swap to another covenant and do the campaign when you were a full member. in 9.0 that process took a week or two I believe but it doesn't any more. you certainly don't need to be renown 80 to do it, your renown resets when you switch covenant.

OP before you do that make sure you buy the 40 Renown item from the Vendor near the flight master in Oribos
    whats the 40 renown item? and why is it important?.

whats the 40 renown item? and why is it important?.
    It's not essential, but it essentialy makes you skip a lot of renown farming (half of it). Although you generally won't have issue with renown anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post

Ah, you're absolutely right.

However you can't get the Renown 40 item without being Renown 80, I conflated the two together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Oooo this thread is helpful for me too since I have not finished the SL zones yet and also haven't picked any covenant yet. A question I had was that since we can change covenants now without any issues as well as be able to do all 4 covenant campaigns on the same char, what happens to my renown if I want to go back to the covenant I was in originally? Like for example, if I chose Maldraxxus covenant initially then later decide to switch to Venthyr but then later on I want to switch back to Maldraxxus, would my renown go back to 0 and I would have to renown farm again for Maldraxxus covenant?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Oooo this thread is helpful for me too since I have not finished the SL zones yet and also haven't picked any covenant yet. A question I had was that since we can change covenants now without any issues as well as be able to do all 4 covenant campaigns on the same char, what happens to my renown if I want to go back to the covenant I was in originally? Like for example, if I chose Maldraxxus covenant initially then later decide to switch to Venthyr but then later on I want to switch back to Maldraxxus, would my renown go back to 0 and I would have to renown farm again for Maldraxxus covenant?
    You will get the renown back you previously had in this cov -> you will not lose any renown for switching around. If you play a cov the first time with this character, you start at 0, as if this would be a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    You will get the renown back you previously had in this cov -> you will not lose any renown for switching around. If you play a cov the first time with this character, you start at 0, as if this would be a new character.
    Oh awesome. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaebryel Quintyne View Post
    Oh awesome. Thank you.
    Don't know if you care about that, but you also get all your adventure-table companions at the same level you left them, even the missions stay if you launched some before switching.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have any neutral companions, like Meatball, they will move with you and keep their levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say wait until next week to do any covenant changing, the current item that boosts you to 40 renown goes up to 60 in 9.2.5.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Don't know if you care about that, but you also get all your adventure-table companions at the same level you left them, even the missions stay if you launched some before switching.
    Is that new? I bounced around a lot when they first allowed free swapping and I had the idea of having all 4 mission tables running but I found when I sent all my guys on missions, left a covenant, then came back they'd all be sitting at the table inactive, all the active missions cancelled and their anima costs forfeit.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Is that new? I bounced around a lot when they first allowed free swapping and I had the idea of having all 4 mission tables running but I found when I sent all my guys on missions, left a covenant, then came back they'd all be sitting at the table inactive, all the active missions cancelled and their anima costs forfeit.
    It's been a while since I changed covenant so I might totally be wrong on that part (and I don't have a sub currently so I'm affraid I can't check, sorry).

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Would be surprised if it didn't go like that, as otherwise you could, if arsed to do such, run 4 tables in parallel. The more relevant question would be though, who on earth would ever want to do such (yea, yea, I know - gold).

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    Would be surprised if it didn't go like that, as otherwise you could, if arsed to do such, run 4 tables in parallel. The more relevant question would be though, who on earth would ever want to do such (yea, yea, I know - gold).
    Except that when you swap, all the missions in progress (even the ones not started get removed and re-generated I think) from the previous covenant get deleted, so even if someone was insane enough to do that for a few hundred gold, it doesn't work anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Aye, you need to reach renown 80 with your first covenant, then you can jump covenants as much as you want.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..