Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    SOC Investment Group are an insignificant portion of shareholders in a company that Kotick has led to success for what now, 30 years? They keep pulling those cheap publicity stunts.
    In 1990 he bought 25% of almost bankrupt Activision, which was known as Mediagenic at the time. In 2006 he suggested a merger with the games division of Vivendi, which included Blizzard. Very interesting reading from just what you find from googling his name.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpcat View Post
    SOC Investment Group are an insignificant portion of shareholders in a company that Kotick has led to success for what now, 30 years? They keep pulling those cheap publicity stunts.
    The idea is to keep making the company money. Kotick no longer has the ability to do so. He's damaged goods.

And just for the record, every shareholder has the right to recommend change in the company of which they own shares. Shareholder doesn't just mean you get a warm and fuzzy feeling and a nice pen when you buy stock.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Don't forget all the games have gotten worse due to lack of effort and sheer greed, all while these assholes, including kotick were getting multimillion dollar bonuses and laying off hundreds of employees.

I say good riddance, fuk um!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    This clown show of a group that calls themselves an "investment group" does realize that Microsoft is buying the company and that Kotick is out at the point anyway right? There is no point in ousting him now since anyone who replaces him is going to be out when the deal closes anyway.
    I would like to think outing him this way might be to have him avoid getting that massive payday he'll be getting once he leaves.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Link to where Actrivision said this was the case. There is zero evidence of this claim.
    I mean microsoft literally said that they tried to buy activision after the scandal. Like 3 days after the report. Bobby wanted an out and it just fell in his lap. If you want to be more precise about, they have not sold themselves due the damage done. But negotiations literally started right after that. I do believe it is THE reason why this happened. IIRC there was an article that they met a couple of years prior to talk about it but nothing came of it, but I might be misremembering it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mu...sexual%20abuse.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

If they vote them out, Blizzard is done. They will make it a 100 percent woke company that will go broke like every other company that runs with "the message". Nothing they do would have been enough for these corporate shills.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoodzilla View Post
    If they vote them out, Blizzard is done. They will make it a 100 percent woke company that will go broke like every other company that runs with "the message". Nothing they do would have been enough for these corporate shills.
    He's out either way... so your problems are inevitable. One just involves him leaving with a massive pay check or without one. also your problems would exist with or without him in power not sure why you think him staying will prevent that?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Fuck bobby. Hope his yacht gets repo'd too guy even has a private jet even tho he can use the company's what a cunt

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Would this have any effect on the MS purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    He's out either way... so your problems are inevitable. One just involves him leaving with a massive pay check or without one. also your problems would exist with or without him in power not sure why you think him staying will prevent that?
    You are right the problems would still exist, Bobby himself should take some of the blame for the company problems. I mainly blame him for the direction of their games. The SoC investment group talking about making the games more diverse in the message is what sets me off. Not sure why you need diversity in fantasy or sci fi games, just make the games fun and no one will care about anything else you do.

The shit show at Blizzard just continues to get better and better...and more hilarious.

Elon Musk could be the savior here, so Blizzard won't keep falling down down this woke bullshit

Cool .. more PR stunts ... Bobby's days were more or less numbered with the merger ... this is just trying to salvage shit by pointing fingers and assigning the failure. Not that it's not accurate but it's too little, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Would this have any effect on the MS purchase?
    Unlikely, it's already shareholder approved IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I mean microsoft literally said that they tried to buy activision after the scandal. Like 3 days after the report. Bobby wanted an out and it just fell in his lap. If you want to be more precise about, they have not sold themselves due the damage done. But negotiations literally started right after that. I do believe it is THE reason why this happened. IIRC there was an article that they met a couple of years prior to talk about it but nothing came of it, but I might be misremembering it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/mu...sexual%20abuse.
    So? That doesn't mean ActBLizz had to sell. That only shows others were interested in buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodzilla View Post
    What other company's can you list them.

10+ Year Old Account
    So? That doesn't mean ActBLizz had to sell. That only shows others were interested in buying.
    Okay, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.

I never said Activision had to sell, I said that his was the incinting incident that led to it. Which is a pretty reasonable opinion. Not sure why you being defensive about this.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here.

I never said Activision had to sell, I said that his was the incinting incident that led to it. Which is a pretty reasonable opinion. Not sure why you being defensive about this.
    And you know that how? As shown, there was interest prior to the incident. There is zero evidence that led to the company being sold. Based on reports of interest, they were thinking of selling long before the incident.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun read. Accurate as well.

Hilarious that some people here want to keep Kotick as a symbol of anti-wokeness. Fucking amazing in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    As a gamer I would vote Kotick out, as an investor I can't say he's done a bad job. Even these sexual harassment claims and settlements have a minuscule dollar figure attached.
    Ya but that just makes you a shit human if you overlook the human element. If you invest and it isn't ethical it is just as bad whether ignotant to it or not.