Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    This is why you don't take your company public. You get outside activist-investor groups who try to strong-arm the board into shaping your company in ways you disagree with. That said, Kotick should have been fired over a decade ago.

Sounds like flipping tables and lets burn everything down, group.

How much more do Blizzard need to apologize for this. They've done enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    You are being unnecessarily rude and dying on a meaningless hill. Yep, they tried to buy it before, in the 2000s. And they might have shown interest before but the official talks only started after the report came out. IMHO that means something. It has even been described as a haste job precisely because of that. But in your opinion it does not.

What I am saying is: All signs are pointing to the Scandal being instrumental on the deal. Even if they have shown interest before.

- Being contacted after three days the report drop
    - Being hastily put together after that
    - Microsoft literally saying that they were reavaluating their position with activision

I find it hard to completely dissociate the deal with the reports. There are even some articles that claim the same thing. I really don't get why you being so defensive about that, this is not necessarily a bad thing.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/real-...6t9qzx3JLC64VE

https://www.wsj.com/articles/activis...al-11642557922

- - - Updated - - -

I see, did not know about that. I just don't understand why try to dissociate the deal with the scandal, its not like its an outlandish claim and it does not paint Blizz in a bad light. It just shows that they are aware of what is going on around them. I did not thought it was a controversial claim in any way shape or form.
    Because if they didn't dissociate it, then they'd finally have to say something negative about the company.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Sounds like flipping tables and lets burn everything down, group.

How much more do Blizzard need to apologize for this. They've done enough.
    No. It's a "I will absolutely sell my shares if you keep a sexual predator with the company." group.

Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    This is why you don't take your company public. You get outside activist-investor groups who try to strong-arm the board into shaping your company in ways you disagree with. That said, Kotick should have been fired over a decade ago.
    "these outside activist groups wanting to come in here and ruin our company!"

"the company has been on fire for the past 2 years"

"they'll ruin it even more!"

I like how people (ass holes) in this thread are defending Kotick by pointing out all the good he did for acti.

Making a company profitable doesn't then make your later scumbaggery ok.

Hell, he also came into the company at a cross roads in gaming where it started an immediate and never stopping upward trend. A LOT of companies became incredibly profitable during that period. It was a time when being a publisher was free money. And his biggest contributions that we know off tend to be scummy.

Stop kissing Kotick's ass just because he has money. You're being just as much of a scummy boot lick as the idiots who worship Musk.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Fun read. Accurate as well.

Hilarious that some people here want to keep Kotick as a symbol of anti-wokeness. Fucking amazing in fact.
    I absolutely despise the "woke" crowd but Kotick is a dickhead. Then again so was Jeff Bezos. Kotick should've been ousted already based on his ignoring of HR complaints over the years and underpaying women to perform the same job. But like you said in other comments it's too little, too late. He's gone once that ink dries on the deal.

Also if he were to get fired tomorrow it would probably be a settlement deal where he walked away with millions. Either way the guy is getting paid.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Even one such an event is one too many to ever happen. And trying to marginalize it makes you complicit.
    As someone who has seen multiple cases of child abuse (physical, mental, and sexual) from right wing conservative church goers in my own personal life (not to mention the constant stream of high profile cases that keep popping up with conservative politicians and pastors), why dont you ever complain about how often abuse happens with those groups? That sorta stuff is substantially more common after all. And WAY more defended by the same group. Rather common for it to happen, be well known in a church, but no one is supposed to talk about it because "He's a good man" or other such BS.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2022-05-30 at 07:52 AM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    As someone who has seen multiple cases of child abuse (physical, mental, and sexual) from right wing conservative church goers in my own personal life (not to mention the constant stream of high profile cases that keep popping up with conservative politicians and pastors), why dont you ever complain about how often abuse happens with those groups? That sorta stuff is substantially more common after all. And WAY more defended by the same group. Rather common for it to happen, be well known in a church, but no one is supposed to talk about it because "He's a good man" or other such BS.
    Let’s just say, one of my beliefs is, that any religion, where the community tries to cover for such heinous acts should be banned or at least put under strict supervison with perpertrators being prosecuted to the fullest extent of law. This is equally as bad, if not worse. And believe you me, if there ever was a global push that tried to normalize this, I’d be the first in line with a pitchfork.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2022-05-30 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Ahh yes, "whataboutism". Rig wing people have bad behavior so it's Ok for left wingers to have behavior. So I ask you the same question, why don't you complain about bad behavior by left wing groups? How do you know he never complained about them? Your deflection reveals massive hypocrisy on your part,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by h4rr0d View Post
    Let’s just say, one of my beliefs is, that any religion, where the community tries to cover for such heinous acts should be banned or at least put under strict supervison with perpertrators being prosecuted to the fullest extent of law. This is equally as bad, if not worse. And believe you me, if there ever was a global push that tried to normalize this, I’d be the first in line with a pitchfork.
    Exactly. Except don't ban the entire community,just those that actually tired to cover for it. Not believing accusations does not = covering for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Stop watching Fox News, dude. That shit doesn't happen nearly as much as bigots claim it does.
    IT should NEVER happen. Just stop watching CNN and MSNBC dude. Even if it doesn't happen very often doesn't justify it, no matter what those hatemongers tell you to believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    One such event literally made up by right wing fanatics. Like they always do.
    Wrong, Again, that is two far left fanatical networks tring to cover it up by trying to dishonestly downplay it Like they always do.

Love the fact that people are battling over "woke culture" when it's about sexual predators within a work enviroment.

Fellas, is it woke to not be a complete fucking piece of shit?

I hope all of these chads get re-elected. Cancel culture has already gone too far.

I would also vote against Kotick for re-election, but not because cancel activists want it, rather because he is a greedy unsympathetic ****head