Page 1 of 2
LastLast

The problem with sepulcher, and its blizzards fault

There is nothing difficult about this raid, other than blizzards dumbass people making it hard. With people dying from falling damage on Jailer, Anduin doing 20k damage to people every 1.5 seconds ( this isn't even his dot damage ) or random thing like 1 dark circle being hit by 2 yellow circles bug leaving the last person alive with no one to go to, or my favorite, or my favorite, give certain covenants giant BLUE CYAN colored AOEs on the ground, then make the same spell from bosses.. SMALL CYAN COLORED AOE CIRCLES, esp. during the zombie phase. Well done blizzard. Have small circles that someone hit you even if you are out of them or can't see them because theres like 20 zombies on the ground. I could go on and on about how this is the worst raid ever create in the history of any MMO i've played. Not to mention the vastly different Tier sets and how some are obviously superior than other classes.
    Lets see what more useful.. a Infernal that drops every 5 Chaos Bolts or 3 rain of fires, or some crappy Fury of Elune every eclipse. I mean blizzard couldnt think and say... Hmm maybe a instant cast full moon that always crits would have been a better choice for the tier set bonus.

No amount of nerfing will matter, when the fault lies with blizzard, and blizzard alone.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry, with a little bit of progression you will get it down. You got this.

Quote Originally Posted by deathshere View Post
    There is nothing difficult about this raid
    WoW raiding has never been hard, you just have to do the mechanics right. It's that easy!

And then they make the big dragon head and confuse me? Like wtf?

Sooo, it's not difficult, but hard, because Blizz actually made mechanics that you have to deal with? Aint hard a difficulty tho bud?
    Did I understand him correctly?
    Ofc it's Blizz's fault, they design the whole game.
    It should be you who should be in charge. Would every boss be without mechanics then? Or would we get free stuff around the corner, after roleplaying a bit with Anduin?

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    WoW raiding has never been hard, you just have to do the mechanics right. It's that easy!
    Keep your health above zero while bringing your target down to zero. It’s that easy!
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    Sooo, it's not difficult, but hard, because Blizz actually made mechanics that you have to deal with? Aint hard a difficulty tho bud?
    Did I understand him correctly?
    Ofc it's Blizz's fault, they design the whole game.
    It should be you who should be in charge. Would every boss be without mechanics then? Or would we get free stuff around the corner, after roleplaying a bit with Anduin?
    The mechanics you have no issues with are the good ones. Those where you and/or your guild sucks at, those are bad design.

The biggest problem with the raid is that its more of the same in a changing gaming landscape. No one wants to wait for 1 person to figure it out while they wipe the guild 30 times. Raiding should be more accessible or it will be the snake that ate itself, no one is saying hard is bad but it has to be reasonable unless people like not having their raids being full. Also raiding is now competing with mythic plus which is far more accessible allowing for similar gear with a smaller time requirement and pugable and no the idea is not to ruin mythic plus the idea is to move raiding more into that direction or more akin to a pick up and play activity.
    Last edited by jeezusisacasual; 2022-05-29 at 05:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    dont stand in the fire

10+ Year Old Account
    There is nothing difficult about this raid, other than blizzards dumbass people making it hard. With people dying from falling damage on Jailer, Anduin doing 20k damage to people every 1.5 seconds ( this isn't even his dot damage ) or random thing like 1 dark circle being hit by 2 yellow circles bug leaving the last person alive with no one to go to, or my favorite, or my favorite, give certain covenants giant BLUE CYAN colored AOEs on the ground, then make the same spell from bosses.. SMALL CYAN COLORED AOE CIRCLES, esp. during the zombie phase. Well done blizzard. Have small circles that someone hit you even if you are out of them or can't see them because theres like 20 zombies on the ground. I could go on and on about how this is the worst raid ever create in the history of any MMO i've played. Not to mention the vastly different Tier sets and how some are obviously superior than other classes.
    Lets see what more useful.. a Infernal that drops every 5 Chaos Bolts or 3 rain of fires, or some crappy Fury of Elune every eclipse. I mean blizzard couldnt think and say... Hmm maybe a instant cast full moon that always crits would have been a better choice for the tier set bonus.

No amount of nerfing will matter, when the fault lies with blizzard, and blizzard alone.
    Wait is this a complaint about the raid or a complaint about the tier sets?

Tier sets have always been tricky to balance well... Some specs will see more % dps gains than others and there's not really a good way around it. Some synergies are just too good. But we've seen Blizzard's response to removing tier gear because it was too difficult to balance... That's what lead us to Azerite armor...

As for the raids, I think that after so many years of WoW, there are only so many "novel" mechanics that Blizzard can bring in. Veteran players will know that most of the mechanics we see now are basically rehashed versions of older mechanics. For example, Anduin's Blasphemy is basically Thaddius' Polar Shift.

Part of the issue is that the base framework of WoW can only lend itself to certain kinds of gameplay so you can't really bring in X mechanic if the game was never built to handle it.

Additionally, we've seen some "interesting" mechanics that have infuriated players. The original intent of Mekkatorque's Spark Bot mechanic and Lords of Dread's Among Us mechanic are two notable ones that come to mind. Granted LoD's Among Us was broken with the auto-select WA (still a bit broken with the voting WA).

And let's not forget that some mechanics just don't scale well with different group sizes. Having part of the raid "go elsewhere" to handle X mechanic makes it tougher if you can't regulate the raid size. Sure "half the raid" seems to be the default solution but that limits raid encounter design.

Imagine if you would specify a smaller portion instead or a portion that doesn't require the traditional role trinity (tank, healer, dps).
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nynax View Post
    You said it right friend! WoW raids and dungeons are easier than people think! Patience is the key.

You gonna get murdered on here and told to get good, but some of the points you raised are actually valid - in particular the way Blizzard implement their 'colored circles'. Almost every tier there is SOMETHING that makes a certain mechanic impossible or very hard to see - Death n decay, conc, anything with a large ground fx. Ability overlap is another frustrating thing, when its entirely tied to RNG anyway. I dont mind when its "you didnt kill the add fast enough now there is an overlap" - thats not what im talking about. I mean when boss ability timers have a possibility to overlap making different attempts playout completely differently and have a dramatic shift in difficulty. All it means is raidgroups just wipe it up when there is an overlap.

Sadly, because of the way you framed and worded your post, it will just get attacked and mocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

What.... if you do LFR you dont have to worry about none of things listed above. Just run up to all the bosses and whack them with whatever melee weapon u have equipped. Dont have to cast no spells or nothin. EZ CLAP!

10+ Year Old Account
    "I keep fucking up and it's Blizzard's fault REEEE"

The weekly thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    "I keep fucking up and it's Blizzard's fault REEEE"
    Bad visibility of many mechanics is a valid critique though.

There is nothing difficult about this raid, other than blizzards dumbass people making it hard.
    read that again? and again and again? until you see the problem.

I get what you're saying, but you're not saying it convincingly or eloquently.
    That leaves people free to misinterpret it, intentional or not.
    You should work on that.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Avoid fire while getting gud'.

The tier is no worse than any other tier before. You either learn the mechanics as a group and you win or you don't. There's addons for everything else. People always try to misrepresent their failures as Blizzard's. This tier has been beaten and you're working with multiple nerfs now. Bugs have always been in the game. You learn to work around them. They do not make the tier unbeatable.

I'm sorry fella but "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves"

Altho the whine is general, there's one bit I completely agree on.

The graphics fidelity of the game, and I do assume this is the design decision they made a while back going with the API or something. Is terrible.

The old client vs the new client.

The old one, is miles better in fidelity. Also, has less jaggies everywhere, for some stupid reason.
    Get your heads around that Bli$$ard.