Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    My question to you: If you could create a post about ONE THING that means the most to you, what would it be about? Alternatively, if someone responds to your post here, are they doing it without Ad Hominem or any other logical fallacies? Did they take the time to ask clarifying questions to better understand your post?
    For me it would be about having about 50x the quest lines. I love open world stuff and quests plus quest lines are really not that many.

Less dailies, more Suramars please.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    See, this is a prime example of something to be discussed
    Is it though? Or is it a dead horse beaten into paste over the past ten years?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    For me it would be about having about 50x the quest lines. I love open world stuff and quests plus quest lines are really not that many.

Less dailies, more Suramars please.
    Suramar was peak WoW, but a very loud minority kept screaming about how it was mandatory, grindy and what not and the rest is history. I doubt we'll ever see Suramar 2.0.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Game difficulty and balance. It's impossible to discuss these topics without thread going into nightmare mode starting page 1.

Examples:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ling-this-game
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...-of-Difficulty
    Last edited by Shaldy; 2022-05-30 at 01:39 PM. Reason: examples

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    Flying is bad for the game, should never have been implemented and removing it at any stage would make the game strictly better.
    Agreed, and fast flying mounts are even worse. Zipping over content and the world is just stupid, it makes it feel smaller and less engaging.

Flying and Arena are the two worst thing they added to the game.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Agreed, and fast flying mounts are even worse. Zipping over content and the world is just stupid, it makes it feel smaller and less engaging.

Flying and Arena are the two worst thing they added to the game.
    I've not had a reason to engage in anything in the world since... maybe wrath?

Don't prop up dull,challengeless, grindy, pointless, and trivial world content because you personally need to have your time murdered.

The world is there for you let the rest of us enjoy the mmo aspects of wow and do our group content.

I wish Blizzard ignored all opinions and had the competence and belief in themselves to create a truly great game.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So what "problem" are people trying to solve by making it guild only, but 80% is fine? That's about what a paid boost is anyway - 80% players and 20% paid carries. So literally the only group restricted by this suggestion is pugs?!?!?!?

So again, what problem are people trying to solve?
    Reason why I said 80% guild group is because that's what it was before and gives guilds opportunities to trial. And yes, I only want to restrict pugs from Master Looter. I'd like it to be 100% guild group master looter, but as someone who runs guilds, you need a little leeway for trials.

The problem we are trying to solve is the gear up and leave boss. You see, if you every prog raided since BFA, you'd know that guilds are having a tough time getting people to show up after farm night. Because there is no control of loot. We're also trying to solve the problem of Blizzard telling groups how to distribute loot.

You see, Ion agrees with me, therefore, it is likely to happen. Sounds like you are a PL person, I hate to break it to you, but those days are coming to an end. If you want PL, looks like you'll have to either start a guild yourself with PL, or join one that wants to be arbitrarily held back by an inferior and flawed loot system.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    Reason why I said 80% guild group is because that's what it was before and gives guilds opportunities to trial. And yes, I only want to restrict pugs from Master Looter. I'd like it to be 100% guild group master looter, but as someone who runs guilds, you need a little leeway for trials.

The problem we are trying to solve is the gear up and leave boss. You see, if you every prog raided since BFA, you'd know that guilds are having a tough time getting people to show up after farm night. Because there is no control of loot. We're also trying to solve the problem of Blizzard telling groups how to distribute loot.

You see, Ion agrees with me, therefore, it is likely to happen. Sounds like you are a PL person, I hate to break it to you, but those days are coming to an end. If you want PL, looks like you'll have to either start a guild yourself with PL, or join one that wants to be arbitrarily held back by an inferior and flawed loot system.
    So many wild assumptions in one post, where to start. Well, I'll start by asking again what problem are you trying to solve? Because "people won't come to my raids" is probably the biggest stretch I have seen in a LONG time. You see, for the few who are in line for loot, ML might seem tempting since they know they are going to be given loot. But what about the rest of the group who know they won't?

See, guilds are either willing to raid without a chance at loot, or they are not. That's a guild culture problem, not a loot setting problem. Trust me, if you think a change of loot system will change your toxic guild culture, it won't - the people who won't turn up now, won't turn up with ML either.

There is a causation / correlation issue here - you seem to think raid attendance declined during bfa, and have blamed the removal of ML for that. That's a huge mistake. There is correlation, yes, bfa starts, raid attendance goes down, ML was "recently" removed. But it isn't the cause, that's just an excuse. Did you ever stop to think people are just not enjoying the game as much as they used to? Grown up and out of raiding 'hardcore'? Not enjoying the guilds environment anymore but cbf going through recruitment again? The list could go on and on, and yet you automatically attribute it all to master loot. This issue has existed since DKP runs where someone would spend all their DKP on XYZ item then be a no-show until they felt the urge to start accumulating DKP again.

Btw, ion doesnt agree with you, you agree with ion, and even then it's a shaky comparison to make. He's made some comments on it, and you have read those and then put your opinion forward.

But how does impacting pugs help your poor raid attendance? That's the big question here - why punish pugs but give yourself exactly what you personally want? Is it just pure arrogance?
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-05-30 at 08:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Beating a dead horse, and discussing something of interest is a matter of perspective. The benefit is, if you think it is beating a dead horse, you can avoid the conversation by staying out of the chatroom. If you find it interesting to discuss, you show yourself in and comment. Much like changing the channel on the TV when the program bears no interest. Or you can take option three which is A and B combined + snarky comments about how people should just "give it up" which offers no real benefit to either side.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I've not had a reason to engage in anything in the world since... maybe wrath?

Don't prop up dull,challengeless, grindy, pointless, and trivial world content because you personally need to have your time murdered.

The world is there for you let the rest of us enjoy the mmo aspects of wow and do our group content.
    Part of the wider problem, if the world isn't engaging in an RPG and you feel the need to fly over it then it's failing at world building.

MMO aspects? You mean menu and queue simulator?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Part of the wider problem, if the world isn't engaging in an RPG and you feel the need to fly over it then it's failing at world building.

MMO aspects? You mean menu and queue simulator?
    How about being multiplayer?

Sure you can group up for world content but it's so trivial I can't imagine why you would outside of wm.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That would be a personal opinion which means since you are bitter about the topic, you might exercise restraint and simply avoid it. There are topics I am beyond sick and tired of which is why I simply ignore those threads and go about my business. I haven't stepped into a PvP or Mythic thread in a decade.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    I wish Blizzard ignored all opinions and had the competence and belief in themselves to create a truly great game.
    That kind of what they did in the past and it was good

Offering an opinion means formulating it and expressing it in a genuine and defendable way. When you mock someone with the reversal of their own opinion, it feels less like an opinion and more like Ad Hominem.
    "It feels less like an opinion" meaning it's still an opinion.