Voters
570. This poll is closed
  • Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 1 of 37
... LastLast

What are you going to press when the social contract pops up?

I'm just curious.

It doesn't mean anything to Blizzard therefore it doesn't mean anything to me.

Last edited by Iain; 2022-05-15 at 05:45 PM.

Well....If I want to play the game, isn't the answer obvious?

Accept. I’m not a fucking sociopath lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Is this really different from any other Terms of Service legal nonsense?

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    Its not, its just that some gamers feel entitled to act anti-social and abusive in their online presence.

Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    It’s different, because it’s kinda useless. Obviously you won’t be banned if you don’t assist a player. I see it more like a reminder to take it easy and not be a excessively insane.

This game is becoming more trouble than it's worth.
    May as well get into fitness or take up painting.

You can’t call a painting gay for not doing enough dps.

The social contract is about as useful as religion. You don't need a scripture to tell you what's good and what's bad. This stuff is more intended for the woke left to be able to get anyone banned who thinks differently from them. Pretty much also like a religion.

I wonder if the Blizzard employees will sign the same document... then again they don't play their own game

Going to press 'exit game' and never play again of course!!!! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    The social contract is about as useful as religion. You don't need a scripture to tell you what's good and what's bad. This stuff is more intended for the woke left to be able to get anyone banned who thinks differently from them.
    every person who says this shit is 100% the type of person who thinks throwing slurs around is the end all be all of "I just don't think the same like the rest of you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Zalraki View Post
    This stuff is more intended for the woke left...

What does "woke" mean? I had to google it.

"aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke

Is there a "woke" right? How are they different than "woke" left?

People use the term "woke" like it's an insult -- an adjective to describe something or someone. How is woke bad? To me it seems like a compliment. A person who isn't actively aware of important facts and issues primarily affecting racial and social justice, sounds like a dipshit to me -- or at least living in a bubble, which isn't a place I'd want to be.
    Last edited by ablib; 2022-05-15 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Not the kind of painting you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    You can, the difference is the inanimate objects in your wow groups will cry about it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I don't care about it, because I'm not toxic anyway. But problem is - it's about trying to cure symptom, not illness. Illness - is competitive nature of game and simple fact, that Blizzard have always been intentionally feeding it with hate between players, while implicitly creating toxicity by themselves. Because hate - is the best fuel for conflict. Even if it's virtual. How can they demand players to simply stop being toxic, if at the same time they don't fix their game, that caters to toxic players? I talk about things, like constantly trying to force PVP and competition on players. Blizzard claim, that they want their game to be E-Sport, but problem is - there is very narrow gap between sport and war. Yeah, this game is called Warcraft for reason. Sport has some rules, while war doesn't. So, even humiliation is ok for war. Two factions, that create virtual racism, PVP-themed quests, that create hate between factions, players, starting to hate each other, to steal quest items and mobs, intentional bottlenecks and traffic jams, that make things even worse, factional and group tags, that make players compete instead of helping each other by design. Should I continue? And in recent xpacks things started to become worse and worse, because Blizzard decided, that their game isn't "MMOish" enough, i.e. so called "interaction" between players isn't enough, so more "interaction" should be forced, no matter if it's positive or negative. Game is dying and it's almost dead due to this terrible misconception. Blizzard should start from fixing it, instead of trying to feed us with this illusion, that they actually do anything to fix toxicity in this game, while they actually do nothing, but some pointless PR shit.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

"aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)"

People use the term "woke" like it's an insult -- an adjective to describe something or someone. How is woke bad? To me it seems like a compliment. A person who isn't actively aware of important facts and issues primarily affecting racial and social justice, sounds like a dipshit to me.
    To use dictionary definition and ignore societal context is kind of naïve, or disingenuous. So I'm just gonna answer that it's used for people, and often in quotation marks, who try to find something to stand up against it for the sake of standing up against. Often trying to find problems where none exists and it's because others aren't as aware as you.
    It's often used sarcastically. It's like if I were to say "you're such a 'good' person" in a heavily sarcastic tone and then meet that with "being good is good". You should know what they mean.

But yeah, people are using the term woke as good thing as well. So it heavily depends on context and tone... just like millions of other words.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    I'm just curious.
    Anyone who does not press excelt is a moronic snowflake. Literally 100% that is on the contract is in the TOS. They are just making people more aware of it. Since most people do not read it.

Btw the TOS is a legal binding contract.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

People use the term "woke" like it's an insult -- an adjective to describe something or someone. How is woke bad? To me it seems like a compliment. A person who isn't actively aware of important facts and issues primarily affecting racial and social justice, sounds like a dipshit to me.
    Normal woke is someone who lives mostly on Twitter and projects their own judgmental intolerance on everyone who doesn't think exactly like them. The social justice is only a small part of it. They mostly just want to be right at everything they say.

Leftwing woke goes a step beyond normal by actively harassing and insulting those people they disagree with. There is only their side... or the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    every person who says this shit is 100% the type of person who thinks throwing slurs around is the end all be all of "I just don't think the same like the rest of you!"
    This person, for example, is a leftwing woke extremist. One word of disagreement with whatever he thinks and I'm now the enemy of mankind according to his own small fantasy bubble.

This clarifies it better than a bland dictionary listing

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Going to press 'exit game' and never play again of course!!!! /s
    Lmao ok. Bye kid.