Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Again, see post #204. Blizzard had made it quite clear that Dark Rangers are just undead elven Rangers.

You can now play as an undead elven ranger, and that makes you a Dark Ranger.

Good thing I didn't say that. I said that AT THIS POINT the idea of a Dark Ranger as a separate class is dead.

Blizzard would need to start pulling the concept away from the Hunter class (after pushing this connection for years) to change this.
    Nathanos is a Dark Ranger.

All undead hunters are Dark Rangers, confirmed?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    gotta say i agree even though it's disappointing. it's like if paladins had been given "death knight customization" with undead skin and blue eyes and a "death knight transmog set" to pretend they're fallen paladins or something. there's maybe a possibility of dark ranger glyphs/talents for hunters or another spec revamp at some point but i think the standalone class is dead.
    Death Knights as a Class Skin of Paladins would have absolutely worked, just saying. Replace Consecration with a Desecration that deals the same damage and healing, but shadow jnstead of holy. Death Coil replaces Judgment, etc.

But regardless, the original plan when they created WoW's classes was that they'd be more generic than WarCraft III's versions. So a Warrior was meant to be played as a Mountain King, Blademaster, or Berserker, depending on your race. Dark Rangers have regularly been used interchangeably with Hunters in a similar way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Black arrow, wailing arrow could all come back in Df hunter tier. Lets be honest MM doesnt fufill the fantasy at all.
    Blizzard could also add them as talents in the new talent revamp as well if they desire to carry those spells forward.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The expression means 'don't expect something that might take a long time', if you want to equate it to a real life situation then that's all on you. The most that happens from actually holding your breath is you pass out, not die.
    Sure, wink wink
    They would obviously add more customizations in the future. They literally opened up a shit ton of cosmetics early on in Shadowlands.
    funny how you get the article explicit calling out void elf customizations and forest trolls options, and there is no forest trolls options in the horizon.

It's funny how you only want to see Blizzard as focusing on Elves only when many other races got customizations just a couple years back.
    Its even funnier when you want to gloss over the fact their clearly bias, by saying other races got something, is like saying justice is perfect because some people get their sentence right now and then

Most of the races customizations where half-asset and lackluster and the NPC options, while ready to use, are not given to players.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Same patch Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Draenei got extended customizations as well.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...d-improved-you

Do you even read?
    https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic...nd-void-elves/

dO yOu eVen rEaD???? they got customizations together with blood elves, before any other allied race did, and they got again in patch 9.1.5

what a joke

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Why not just, you know, make an elf? Most ppl play multiple chars. Make one of them an elf lol.
    I rather cut off my leg, i hate pampered races and i hate this fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Its even funnier when you want to gloss over the fact their clearly bias, by saying other races got something, is like saying justice is perfect because some people get their sentence right now and then

Most of the races customizations where half-asset and lackluster and the NPC options, while ready to use, are not given to players.
    You got me there. I guess you're right, crying about it on the MMO-C forums will make Blizzard realize the error of their ways!

7+ Year Old Account
    You got me there. I guess you're right, crying about it on the MMO-C forums will make Blizzard realize the error of their ways!
    Now you want to stop me to post on the open forum too? you can only post here if you like the changes? If blizzard don't read mmo-c why are you defending then here?

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Naw its just a video game. I want red eyes so im gonna get em
    Sira said it best: Elune had "forsaken" them & Tyrande was just plain incompetent.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    It could be called King of Stormwind customization, but outside of RP doesn't "make" you the king of Stormwind. You all really have your heels dug in on this. No one is allowed their opinion to disagree.
    unless those "Dark Rangers" can cast AoE silence, have arrows that spawn Skeletons, have Life Drain, and Charm to mind control - those aren't real Dark Rangers
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Now you want to stop me to post on the open forum too? you can only post here if you like the changes? If blizzard don't read mmo-c why are you defending then here?
    Dude, you're free to do anything you like. Stop projecting.

Just because you cry loudly doesn't mean Blizz is gonna listen to you harder. You're just crying to the rest of the posters here, that's pretty much it.

Like, I have no stake in any race having or not having customizations. All I do is illustrate to you how you're acting childish, that's all. If you want to give feedback to the devs, this isn't the way to do it. Not sure what makes you think you're raising your own credibility by being more argumentative.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-03 at 04:19 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyriani View Post
    Blizzard could also add them as talents in the new talent revamp as well if they desire to carry those spells forward.
    I agree, that also would work!

I cant help, but to see the dark ranger costumization as some type of halloween costume. O today I am putting on my red contact lenses and pale skin and I am gonna rp as one. That is exactly want this is. Same for void and blood elves, who are able to rp as high elves.

Dark ranger is just an odd one, as they are undead.. so you arw rping as undead, it feels weird when you are still a blood elf and not called darkfallen for example.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-03 at 05:36 AM.

The difference being that Warlock Demonology was not named 'Demon Hunter' customizations or gameplay. It was always Warlock mimicing Metamorphosis.
    "Even though the ability was removed from player warlocks, many mobs such as Kanrethad Ebonlocke, Loramus the Defiled and the Gorebound Felcasters still possess it. Warlock followers like Lamontague Ford can also possess it."

And I would say, reasonably speaking, the chances of a Dark Ranger standalone class becomes more slim. Customizations are a big part of new Hero classes like DK's and DH who get their own unique looks. That aspect of the Dark Ranger is being accessed through this questline, meaning the pale skin and red eyes are not being reserved for a future class. While the possibility of a DR class remains open, as a feature it's going to be less impactful since we already have the customization options already available, and the quest lore that literally has the Undead Elven Dark Rangers officially joining the Horde and Alliance. The only thing left is gameplay representation for literally a handful of Dark magic abilities.
    Death Knights and Demon Hunters are not defined by their looks alone. Gameplay plays a major part of their identity.

A handful of abilities? I'd say it's more than just a handful (example: my concept thread).

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    The Rpg has a ton of classes and most are less represented then the dark rangers and just like the dark rangers will never be implemented in wow as a actual class.
    The Dark Ranger, however, is counted among the more strong ones, like Death Knight, Demon Hunter and Brewmaster as it was a Hero unit in WC3 as well and has a noticable character associated with it.

Meta for locks was made non canon in a quest line, hunter dark rangers were made canon through one, so not the best example ever as the opposite happens between the two quest lines.
    Where?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    "Even though the ability was removed from player warlocks, many mobs such as Kanrethad Ebonlocke, Loramus the Defiled and the Gorebound Felcasters still possess it. Warlock followers like Lamontague Ford can also possess it."
    Yes, because Metamorphosis is no longer a Demon Hunter exclusive ability in the lore. It is an ability that Warlocks can mimic, as explicitly stated in the green fire quest. At no point are Warlocks called Demon Hunters.

That is the difference between Green Fire and the current Lordaeron quests, where your argument is based on 'X Class can use Y Abilities therefore it must also be Y Class!'. That has never been true of anything in the game, since abilities do not define a class. The only way any existing class gets referred to as anything else is if Blizzard directly associates that class as a being representative of another identity. This is what we have with Beastmasters and Dark Rangers both being formally recognized as Hunters. They are literally recognized through the lore.

Death Knights and Demon Hunters are not defined by their looks alone. Gameplay plays a major part of their identity.
    No one is defining Dark Ranger based on their looks either. What makes them Dark Ranger is literally the lore and gameplay (as in the actual quest) stating that these are Dark Ranger customizations, through a questline illustrating how the Dark Ranger NPCs have joined both the Alliance and Horde.

A handful of abilities? I'd say it's more than just a handful (example: my concept thread).
    You mean the one that mixes Nightwarrior and Warden themes into it because you literally couldn't draw any more concepts from the Dark Ranger alone? Yeah, sorry but you aren't talking about a Dark Ranger class at all. You want a Ranger class that mixes multiple class concepts together, which has nothing to do with Dark Rangers in the lore at all. Abilities do not define a class. Lore does.

Same reason why a Sunwalker literally has zero Sun Druidic abilities. It is being defined as a Druidic Sun Warrior and as formal Knights of the Silver Hand through lore alone.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-03 at 05:30 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    "
    The Dark Ranger, however, is counted among the more strong ones, like Death Knight, Demon Hunter and Brewmaster as it was a Hero unit in WC3 as well and has a noticable character associated with it.
    even by that standard there are RPG classes that have WC3 hero units that are less represented then dark rangers are with things like mountain kings which doctors wardens tinkers ect who only having one or two class ability trying them to existing classes or none at all. and none of them unique customization options like dark rangers.

If they were looking for RPG classes that were least represented dark rangers wouldn’t be near to the top of this list at this point.

Where?
    we went over this before, it warlock green fire quest line where Kanrethad Is locked away after obtaining meta because it is deemed to dangerous and then in legion when other warlocks look to free him for the power you have to stop them.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2022-06-03 at 05:34 AM.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I didn't say that. I said that AT THIS POINT the idea of a Dark Ranger as a separate class is dead.
    Welp, you said same thing about Demon Hunter while warlock had Metamorphosis, so who know 4-5 years later things can change.

But Dark Ranger class concept way way more popular among playerbase than some Tinker, just look at amount of ELF players that enjoy new customization options, and that's for sure a FACT.

"Gnome? WHO?" never saw them in CGI.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-06-03 at 05:45 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

I think it’s safe to say at this point that the idea of Dark Rangers as a separate class is pretty much dead.
    It never made sense in the first place. It is like adding Barbarian when Fury Warriors already exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dude, you're free to do anything you like. Stop projecting.

Just because you cry loudly doesn't mean Blizz is gonna listen to you harder. You're just crying to the rest of the posters here, that's pretty much it.
    Im not "crying to the rest of posters", they are crying over me, they quoted my posts first(like you), im just answering

This is a forum my dude, is not meant to ''cry for blizzard" is a discussion forum where you voice opinions/thoughts, i can't do anything if people get triggered when i expose blizzard bias over their fav race.

Like, I have no stake in any race having or not having customizations.
    Then learn to ignore what was said

You tell me to use the brain and you think is not a problem half of the playerbase, who don't play with elves, get neglect time and time again in terms of customization and lore related things, sure.

Sure it will fam.

If you don't see the favoritism youa re getting something out of it, its awlays like this. Elf players always think they are not getting enough.

Next expansion, new race? elf dragon, but sure, there is no world of elfcraft, at all

Except void elves got first and more, HM tauren and LF draenei didn't get as much as they should, like always.

- - - Updated - - -

Still wainting for then.

they stop doing heritage armor for other races, instead decided to give MORE quests to blood elves.

they stop giving other races customizations, instead decide to add MORE skin colors to elves.

Ah yes, they throw dark iron alongside the blood elf quest so they don't just make something only for horde(also because they already ahd their wapons ready), and also, this completely give then free card to add more customization for elves, seems totally equal.
    Yes they neglect them but it isn't a problem, it sucks but in the end it's just customization

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me the problem isn't Dark rangers as such, but the hunter class. They should have never been called hunters but rather rangers or scouts.

Rangers/Scouts feels more appropriate given their role and hunter feels its just there so they can justify close association with beasts. If it was up to me i would rename the Class as a whole to Scout and rename marksman to ranger and survival to Hunter. You then have a Beastmaster, Ranger, Hunter.

In the new trees you can one branch/side of the Ranger spec focus on more dark energies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Nathanos is a Dark Ranger.

All undead hunters are Dark Rangers, confirmed?
    Sure. The major hang-up was that people felt that Dark Rangers should look more like Sylvanas as well. Now we have both options.

I fully expect MM to have a Dark Ranger branch within their new talent tree.

Yes, because Metamorphosis is no longer a Demon Hunter exclusive ability in the lore. It is an ability that Warlocks can mimic, as explicitly stated in the green fire quest. At no point are Warlocks called Demon Hunters.

That is the difference between Green Fire and the current Lordaeron quests, where your argument is based on 'X Class can use Y Abilities therefore it must also be Y Class!'. That has never been true of anything in the game, since abilities do not define a class. The only way any existing class gets referred to as anything else is if Blizzard directly associates that class as a being representative of another identity. This is what we have with Beastmasters and Dark Rangers both being formally recognized as Hunters. They are literally recognized through the lore.
    Funny. Because before 9.2.5 dropped, you claimed Withering Fire and Wailing Arrow made the Hunter a Dark Ranger.

No one is defining Dark Ranger based on their looks either. What makes them Dark Ranger is literally the lore and gameplay (as in the actual quest) stating that these are Dark Ranger customizations, through a questline illustrating how the Dark Ranger NPCs have joined both the Alliance and Horde.
    Which is weird as well. All of the sudden, they are accepted back into kaldorei society?

You mean the one that mixes Nightwarrior and Warden themes into it because you literally couldn't draw any more concepts from the Dark Ranger alone? Yeah, sorry but you aren't talking about a Dark Ranger class at all. You want a Ranger class that mixes multiple class concepts together, which has nothing to do with Dark Rangers in the lore at all. Abilities do not define a class. Lore does.

Same reason why a Sunwalker literally has zero Sun Druidic abilities. It is being defined as a Druidic Sun Warrior and as formal Knights of the Silver Hand through lore alone.
    No. I'm talking about the Dark Ranger alone, which draws from Sylvanas HotS character, Sylvanas raid abilities, Sylvanas cinematic abilities, Diablo 3 Demon Hunter, HotS Valla and Overwatch Reaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    even by that standard there are RPG classes that have WC3 hero units that are less represented then dark rangers are with things like mountain kings which doctors wardens tinkers ect who only having one or two class ability trying them to existing classes or none at all. and none of them unique customization options like dark rangers.
    Witch Doctors and Tinker are indeed underepresented.
    Mountain King could be expanded within the Warrior class.

If they were looking for RPG classes that were least represented dark rangers wouldn’t be near to the top of this list at this point.
    Of course it is. Alongside classes like the Shadow Hunter, Warden and Tinker.

we went over this before, it warlock green fire quest line where Kanrethad Is locked away after obtaining meta because it is deemed to dangerous and then in legion when other warlocks look to free him for the power you have to stop them.
    Where's the non-canonity?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Witch Doctors and Tinker are indeed underepresented.
    Mountain King could be expanded within the Warrior class.
    sure it could be expanded just like how dark rangers could be expanded by making the ability’s hunters already have from them core.

Of course it is. Alongside classes like the Shadow Hunter, Warden and Tinker.
    one of these things are not like the other, dark rangers already have there look in game and multiple abilities while the others have nothing at all in regards to classes.

Where's the non-canonity?
    The whole green fire questline is about warlocks trying to mimic illidan with Meta and then when they succeed not being able to control the power and locking it away deeming it to be to dangerous to be spread to others.

Meta is something chronically only one warlock has achieved and was then banished due to the danger of it, it’s not something any other warlock could actually do unlike being a dark rangers.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is weird as well. All of the sudden, they are accepted back into kaldorei society?
    The Kaldorei have had undead in there society for years now with DK’s so them letting the dark rangers back in wouldn’t be a stretch even if not all Kaldorei like them.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.