Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    It's also not unreasonable that a Darl Ranger would be using core abilities like Aimed Shots, Kill Shots and Multishot, rather than just exclusively spamming awailing Arrow.
    Of course. A lot of these abilities are part of the D3 Demon Hunter, for example.
    But, it cannot be based on these only. Where are the dark, Banshee abilities?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    And a BM one.
    They, themselves, don't even know what a Dark Ranger is.
    I would imagine you use BM to tame two undead pets. Also don't forget Death Chakram.

Two undead pets, Death Chakram and Wailing Arrow along with the poison abilities and customization options can make you a pretty solid Dark Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I would imagine you use BM to tame two undead pets. Also don't forget Death Chakram.

Two undead pets, Death Chakram and Wailing Arrow along with the poison abilities and customization options can make you a pretty solid Dark Ranger.
    1. True Dark Rangers don't employ Undead pets.
    2. Death Chakram has nothing to do with a Dark Ranger.
    3. Poison abilities are related to animal venom, which again has nothing to do with Dark Rangers.

Of course. A lot of these abilities are part of the D3 Demon Hunter, for example.
    But, it cannot be based on these only. Where are the dark, Banshee abilities?
    Sylvanas was the only one who ever had Banshee form and that's always been unique to her. No other character in the entire game has Banshee form, so it goes to reason that neither would the player character. As for a dark, banshee ability, that's what Wailing Arrow is.

Nathanos and the other Dark Rangers are literally shown as Archers who use typical Hunter abilities, and barely had and unique dark ability to them. Would you say that those NPCs aren't Dark Rangers because they didn't have Banshee abilities? Because that's quite a goalpost to shift here. Dark Rangers are not copies of Sylvanas.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-09 at 03:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. True Dark Rangers don't employ Undead pets.
    Nathanos did. I also remember Dark Rangers having nasty looking pet spiders. I think you're forgetting the "Ranger" in Dark Ranger.

2. Death Chakram has nothing to do with a Dark Ranger.
    It's a shadow-based ability that matches the theme.

3. Poison abilities are related to animal venom, which again has nothing to do with Dark Rangers.
    So a Dark Ranger wouldn't employ lethal toxins from Serpents or Spiders because they come from animals? I would imagine a Ranger would utilize the local wildlife to their advantage, Dark or otherwise.

Sylvanas was the only one who ever had Banshee form and that's always been unique to her. No other character in the entire game has Banshee form, so it goes to reason that neither would the player character. As for a dark, banshee ability, that's what Wailing Arrow is.
    This is what distinguishes Dark Rangers from others. Dark, void-like abilities. Otherwise, it is just a Ranger.

Nathanos and the other Dark Rangers are literally shown as Archers who use typical Hunter abilities, and barely had and unique dark ability to them. Would you say that those NPCs aren't Dark Rangers because they didn't have Banshee abilities? Because that's quite a goalpost to shift here. Dark Rangers are not copies of Sylvanas.
    Nathanos is not a typical Dark Ranger.
    First of all, he is not a Darkfallen, therefore, he does not qualify as an undead elven Ranger.
    Second of all, the Forsaken he trained are simply Rangers, which means he is simply a Ranger himself. Just a dead one.

Nathanos did. I also remember Dark Rangers having nasty looking pet spiders. I think you're forgetting the "Ranger" in Dark Ranger.
    Nathanos is just a Ranger, as can be seen by the Forsaken trained by him, wielding the woodsman axe and crossbow. Nothing Dark Rangerish about them.

You're forgetting Dark Rangers aren't just Rangers. Just like Death Knights aren't simply Knights.

It's a shadow-based ability that matches the theme.
    Would a Priest's Voidform fit a Death Knight because it is a Shadow-based ability?
    This ability has nothing to do with a Dark Ranger, or its theme, showing how little you actually know about it.

So a Dark Ranger wouldn't employ lethal toxins from Serpents or Spiders because they come from animals? I would imagine a Ranger would utilize the local wildlife to their advantage, Dark or otherwise.
    No, because Dark Rangers' theme does not include poisons. It's shadow-based, akin to a Subtlety Rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    /snip
    Okay, so I see that you're forever stuck in the notion that Dark Rangers have enough material to be their own class, despite Blizzard clearly believing otherwise.

Gotcha.

Okay, so I see that you're forever stuck in the notion that Dark Rangers have enough material to be their own class, despite Blizzard clearly believing otherwise.

Gotcha.
    Blizzard themselves provided the material. HotS, SoD, D3, OW, Cinematics...
    What you see right now is simply their greediness showing. "How would we make money without any effort?" Give hunters some paint of coat and players would buy into it, like they buy cashop items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard themselves provided the material. HotS, SoD, D3, OW, Cinematics...
    What you see right now is simply their greediness showing. "How would we make money without any effort?" Give hunters some paint of coat and players would buy into it, like they buy cashop items.
    You're free to believe that. Meanwhile, more reasonable players will be happy with what they got and move on, since there's zero chance of a stand-alone DR class at this point.

You're free to do otherwise of course, and if so, good luck. I hope you find some satisfaction elsewhere in the game.

This is what distinguishes Dark Rangers from others. Dark, void-like abilities. Otherwise, it is just a Ranger.
    WHat separates them is literally being undead. Period.

Blizzard has definitively made them all Hunters. Abilities aren't what separate them any more than their specs or talent choices.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-09 at 05:21 PM.

You're free to believe that. Meanwhile, more reasonable players will be happy with what they got and move on, since there's zero chance of a stand-alone DR class at this point.
    What's reasonable about being happy with such a shitty-ass representation? You pay a 15$ subscription.
    Would you say the same if your beloved Evoker would have been a mere Mage skin?

So, a Death Knight is just a dead Knight? Nothing else?
    Well, i guess you can play your Warrior or Paladin then, instead.

So, a Death Knight is just a dead Knight? Nothing else?
    Well, i guess you can play your Warrior or Paladin then, instead.
    Just because you're crying about it doesn't make it any less real, buddy. You can pretend that your Hunter isn't really a Hunter because you only choose not to Hunt anything, or your Warrior isn't a Warrior because you don't fight in Wars. All you're doing is crying about semantics rather than making any legitimate point.

A Death Knight is whatever Blizzard defines it to be. We have a class for it because they wanted to explore its gameplay. They don't want to explore that for Dark Ranger, and rather expand the Hunter class with Dark Ranger abilities and customizations.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-09 at 05:38 PM.

Just because you're crying about it doesn't make it any less real, buddy. You can pretend that your Hunter isn't really a Hunter because you only choose not to Hunt anything, or your Warrior isn't a Warrior because you don't fight in Wars. All you're doing is crying about semantics rather than making any legitimate point.

A Death Knight is whatever Blizzard defines it to be. We have a class for it because they wanted to explore its gameplay. They don't want to explore that for Dark Ranger, and rather expand the Hunter class with Dark Ranger abilities and customizations.
    Stand behind your words. You said Dark Rangers are just Undead Hunters. Therefore, Death Knights are just dead Knights. Is that true or not?
    If you don't agree, don't apply double standards.

Stand behind your words. You said Dark Rangers are just Undead Hunters. Therefore, Death Knights are just dead Knights. Is that true or not?
    If you don't agree, don't apply double standards.
    I said Blizzard considers Dark Rangers to be Undead Hunters. What does this have to do with my words when I'm talking about how Blizzard has regarded Dark Rangers and literally presented them in playable form as Undead Hunters? Complete with customizations and a quest line that bridges them into the Hunter class. What more are you looking for here?

Do you not realize I'm literally pointing at the examples that are already in the game? There are no double standards if you just look at the game and stop arguing your silly little headcanon.

10+ Year Old Account
    What's reasonable about being happy with such a shitty-ass representation? You pay a 15$ subscription.
    Would you say the same if your beloved Evoker would have been a mere Mage skin?
    The difference is that an Evoker is pretty much Alexstraza, Wrathion, and Kalecgos; Essentially draconic heroes who disguise themselves as mortals, and possess the titan-based powers of the dragonflights. They're numerous examples of this type of character throughout Azeroth, and they're all pretty uniform in general concept.

Mages simply don't cover that, because many of the dragonflights are outside of the Mage's power set, and Mages aren't dragons. You literally need a dragon's body (wings, tail, scales) to accomplish some of the DE's abilities. Additionally, it's quite clear that Alexstraza or Wrathion are simply not mages.

Dark Rangers on the other hand have always had limited space beyond the Hunter class. Only Sylvanas showed some level of difference, but that was because she was half banshee. Blizzard made it pretty obvious for over a decade that Dark Rangers are simply undead Hunters. You simply didn't want to acknowledge it. One major clue was Sylvanas raising several Dark Rangers on Darkshore, and ALL of them just being undead elven Hunters with a couple of shadow abilities.

So Blizzard making Dark Ranger nothing more than a cosmetic option for Hunters makes perfect sense. Once again, if you're willing to let go of what you want the Dark Ranger to be, you should have no problem accepting a MM Hunter with the Dark Ranger customization and a couple of shadow abilities. You'll be no different than Clea or Velonara mechanically.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-07-09 at 08:01 PM.

I said Blizzard considers Dark Rangers to be Undead Hunters. What does this have to do with my words when I'm talking about how Blizzard has regarded Dark Rangers and literally presented them in playable form as Undead Hunters? Complete with customizations and a quest line that bridges them into the Hunter class. What more are you looking for here?

Do you not realize I'm literally pointing at the examples that are already in the game? There are no double standards if you just look at the game and stop arguing your silly little headcanon.
    Let me remind you what you wrote:

Blizzard has definitively made them all Hunters. Abilities aren't what separate them any more than their specs or talent choices.
    So, yeah... you pointed out to their Undead nature being the only difference, which can be applied to Death Knights if we bring them into the equation.

The difference is that an Evoker is pretty much Alexstraza, Wrathion, and Kalecgos; Essentially draconic heroes who disguise themselves as mortals, and possess the titan-based powers of the dragonflights. They're numerous examples of this type of character throughout Azeroth, and they're all pretty uniform in general concept.
    Fire and Arcane spells.

Mages simply don't cover that, because many of the dragonflights are outside of the Mage's power set, and Mages aren't dragons. You literally need a dragon's body (wings, tail, scales) to accomplish some of the DE's abilities. Additionally, it's quite clear that Alexstraza or Wrathion are simply not mages.
    Mages definitely cover that, as we see the Evoker casting Arcane, Time, Frost and Fire spells. The only thing not covered is Emerald.

The draconic part can be achieved by customization, giving you Dragon wings or something. Moreover, who said you deserved all of the abilities? If Dark Rangers need to be satisfied with 1 ability, then so do you and the Evoker.

Dark Rangers on the other hand have always had limited space beyond the Hunter class. Only Sylvanas showed some level of difference, but that was because she was half banshee. Blizzard made it pretty obvious for over a decade that Dark Rangers are simply undead Hunters. You simply didn't want to acknowledge it. One major clue was Sylvanas raising several Dark Rangers on Darkshore, and ALL of them just being undead elven Hunters with a couple of shadow abilities.
    That's because they're mostly minor NPCs. They're not on the level of Sylvanas, just like any Death Knight or Demon Hunter wasn't on the level of Arthas or Illidan. Moreover, the class itself isn't in the game, so you can't expect them to perform class abilities outside of major characters like Sylvanas.

So Blizzard making Dark Ranger nothing more than a cosmetic option for Hunters makes perfect sense. Once again, if you're willing to let go of what you want the Dark Ranger to be, you should have no problem accepting a MM Hunter with the Dark Ranger customization and a couple of shadow abilities. You'll be no different than Clea or Velonara mechanically.
    What i want? It was Blizzard who added all of the potential Dark Ranger abilities, not me.

And, by the way, if Dark Ranger is MM, why is Wailing Arroe found in the BM spec? Why is Survival described as the Ranger spec? Yeah... if Blizzard ackbowledged them as Hunters, they would make it much more obvious and less convoluted.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    ,Yeah... if Blizzard ackbowledged them as Hunters, they would make it much more obvious and less convoluted.
    Gotta ask, beyond putting them in the hunter class hall, giving there ability’s to hunters, giving there armour set to hunters, have hunters be trained by them, letting hunters have the same skin/eyes, and having there NPC’s act like hunters in multiple zones, whst more could they do to make it much more obvious?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

So, yeah... you pointed out to their Undead nature being the only difference, which can be applied to Death Knights if we bring them into the equation.
    No, you can't apply that, because Blizzard did not define Death Knights as merely being undead Knights. They defined them as Runeblade wielding former champions of the Scourge, and as the WC2 Orc Necrolytes which inhabit the bodies of undead Knights. That is how Blizzard defines the lore.

For the Dark Ranger? Blizzard has applied this name to Undead Rangers, with Ranger being synonymous to Hunter. Are Dark Rangers defined by unique abilities that make them different from Hunters? Prior to 9.2.5, I would say that the definition would be ambiguous enough to consider. However after 9.2.5, it's definitive that Blizzard no longer leaves any ambiguity in play. They are literally a type of Hunter.

Death Knights were never part of any other Order. Dark Rangers are part of the Unseen Path. By lore definition, Blizzard has made Dark Rangers into Hunters, in retrospect as far back as Cataclysm.

I mean it's literally like you're arguing Tauren Paladins can't be Sunwalkers because they don't have any abilities that reflect the use of Sun magic. The lore clearly says otherwise.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-07-09 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire and Arcane spells.

Mages definitely cover that, as we see the Evoker casting Arcane, Time, Frost and Fire spells. The only thing not covered is Emerald.

Are you seriously going to argue that there’s zero difference between Khadgar and Kalecgos to the point that they are the same type of character?

Just FYI, this is how Kalecgos uses Arcane magic;

Khadgar and my arcane mage can’t do that.

My upcoming Dracthyr Evoker can.

Moreover, who said you deserved all of the abilities? If Dark Rangers need to be satisfied with 1 ability, then so do you and the Evoker.
    Blizzard did.

Sorry, not sorry.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-07-09 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Gotta ask, beyond putting them in the hunter class hall, giving there ability’s to hunters, giving there armour set to hunters, have hunters be trained by them, letting hunters have the same skin/eyes, and having there NPC’s act like hunters in multiple zones, whst more could they do to make it much more obvious?
    Dedicate an entire spec for it.

No, you can't apply that, because Blizzard did not define Death Knights as merely being undead Knights. They defined them as Runeblade wielding former champions of the Scourge, and as the WC2 Orc Necrolytes which inhabit the bodies of undead Knights. That is how Blizzard defines the lore.

For the Dark Ranger? Blizzard has applied this name to Undead Rangers, with Ranger being synonymous to Hunter. Are Dark Rangers defined by unique abilities that make them different from Hunters? Prior to 9.2.5, I would say that the definition would be ambiguous enough to consider. However after 9.2.5, it's definitive that Blizzard no longer leaves any ambiguity in play. They are literally a type of Hunter.

Death Knights were never part of any other Order. Dark Rangers are part of the Unseen Path. By lore definition, Blizzard has made Dark Rangers into Hunters, in retrospect as far back as Cataclysm.
    If it was so obvious, they wouldn't have different categorizations by now:
    Could also be Hunter, Scout, Ranger
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_ranger

It wouldn't be hard to delegate a spec for them either. Are they BM or MM? Wailing Arrow is found in both. Are they MM or Survival? One can wield a bow but the other is described as a Ranger.
    And it definitely wouldn't be entirely based on one ability only.

I mean it's literally like you're arguing Tauren Paladins can't be Sunwalkers because they don't have any abilities that reflect the use of Sun magic. The lore clearly says otherwise.
    There aren't any sun abilities associated with them either. We're just told they draw their light from the sun.
    Unlike them, Dark Rangers have an assortment of established abilities that aren't, and won't, be found in the Hunter class.

Are you seriously going to argue that there’s zero difference between Khadgar and Kalecgos to the point that they are the same type of character?

Just FYI, this is how Kalecgos uses Arcane magic;

Khadgar and my arcane mage can’t do that.

My upcoming Dracthyr Evoker can.
    How they shoot it is just a cosmetic matter.
    They are Mages, period.

Blizzard did.

Sorry, not sorry.
    We're talking hypothetically. If Evoker was a Mage skin, and you would get 1 ability at best, with a cosmetic customization option, you wouldn't be so smug right now.