Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Save Up to 30% on Select Game Services for A Limited Time

    Save Up to 30% on Select Game Services for A Limited Time
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Faction Change Bundles

    Make the leap to the other side with 30% off one or three Faction Changes, and until June 7, get two additional Faction Changes for the price of six. The Faction Change item will now allow the purchase of multiple Faction Changes at one time or save some for future use.

    Changing your faction also includes a free race change for your class, so you’ll fit in with your new friends when you join them on their adventures all over Azeroth.

    Available Faction Change pack options:

    • 1 for $21.00 (Regularly $30.00)
    • 3 for $42.00 (Regularly $65.00)
    • 6 8 for $95.00

    To learn more about the Faction Change service and any restrictions, visit our support page.

    Limited Time Character Transfer Sale

    For a limited time** save an additional 30% when you purchase 1–Character Transfer or 3-Character Transfers. During this sale, the regular 6–Character Transfer bundle will be replaced with an 8-character transfer bundle option at the same price as the regular 6-character transfer of $80.00. That’s two extra Paid Character Transfers for the regular price of a 6-Character Transfer bundle. Once the sale is over, this bundle will revert to the regular 6-character transfer bundle.

    • 1 for $17.50 (Regularly $25.00)
    • 3 for $35.00 (Regularly $50.00)
    • 68 for $80.00

    Visit our support page to learn more about the Paid Character Transfer service and any restrictions.

    Ready to make your move? Purchase Faction Change Packs and Paid Character Transfers from the Battle.net shop or launch World of Warcraft and click on the Shop button on the character select screen.

    Once you’ve purchased your Faction Changes or Character Transfers within the Battle.net shop or the in-game shop, a new icon will appear on your character selection screen. To activate a game service, click on the token, then select the character you wish to move. Any unused Faction Change tokens or Character Transfers will remain on your account for use at a future time.

    * Only available for modern World of Warcraft. Characters cannot be transferred between World of Warcraft® and WoW® Classic games.
    ** Sale ends June 7, 2022

  2. #2
    Should of done the faction change sale weeks ago lol, now there's really no point

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    Should of done the faction change sale weeks ago lol, now there's really no point
    Uh yeah there is?

    People going from Horde to Alliance.

    Most would probably not have wanted to do that before, since it's so much worse finding groups etc. on Alliance. But now with cross faction play, a good number of people may want to play on Alliance.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Uh yeah there is?

    People going from Horde to Alliance.

    Most would probably not have wanted to do that before, since it's so much worse finding groups etc. on Alliance. But now with cross faction play, a good number of people may want to play on Alliance.
    If you say so.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Uh yeah there is?

    People going from Horde to Alliance.

    Most would probably not have wanted to do that before, since it's so much worse finding groups etc. on Alliance. But now with cross faction play, a good number of people may want to play on Alliance.
    Not really. The competitive pve scene is already all horde, most players are already on that side and i've heard plenty of people that are just going to tick the "horde only" option for grouping because they don't want to play woth alliance.

    There's surely going to be some shuffle but i don't think we'll see major changes because simply they don't need to happen for horde. Xfaction is basically to save alliance from certain death over time.

    Also, i'm not going to spend money on a terribly expensive service because Blizzard ignored the issue for years. Server transfers and faction changes should be free or very cheap because it's literally what you need to keep playing at a decent level.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  6. #6
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,398
    Once again...price of character boost remains the same..

    It's the price of a new game, more even often...

    ...jesus fuck..

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Not really. The competitive pve scene is already all horde, most players are already on that side and i've heard plenty of people that are just going to tick the "horde only" option for grouping because they don't want to play woth alliance.

    There's surely going to be some shuffle but i don't think we'll see major changes because simply they don't need to happen for horde. Xfaction is basically to save alliance from certain death over time.

    Also, i'm not going to spend money on a terribly expensive service because Blizzard ignored the issue for years. Server transfers and faction changes should be free or very cheap because it's literally what you need to keep playing at a decent level.
    Why on earth would anyone tick the horde only box just because they "dont want to play with alliance"? Some weird sense of pride or something?

    "Yes, I'll tick this box that limits my player pool without any tangible benefit because... reasons!"

    I get not bothering to change to alliance, especially at a cost, but opting out of even playing with them is a bit nonsensical.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Why on earth would anyone tick the horde only box just because they "dont want to play with alliance"? Some weird sense of pride or something?

    "Yes, I'll tick this box that limits my player pool without any tangible benefit because... reasons!"

    I get not bothering to change to alliance, especially at a cost, but opting out of even playing with them is a bit nonsensical.
    I'm not saying I agree with people who exclude Alliance, but if you've ever played on there you can definitely understand why someone would...

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Why on earth would anyone tick the horde only box just because they "dont want to play with alliance"? Some weird sense of pride or something?

    "Yes, I'll tick this box that limits my player pool without any tangible benefit because... reasons!"

    I get not bothering to change to alliance, especially at a cost, but opting out of even playing with them is a bit nonsensical.
    Exactly for that reason which i fully agree is nonsensical.

    The "problem" is that for them if they check the box or not, it doesn't change a thing - they already have an healthy and functional playerbase, it's Alliance that has the issue. xfaction helps Alliance way more than Horde.

    I am just going to wait exactly for this reason. If the xfaction works, my pug experience will just instantly become way better and i will have much more players at hand. I won't need to faction change at all, and we'll just wait for fully xfaction guilds. My personal situation is a little different - playing on an Italian server that ìs basically dead already (everyone is basically in the same megaguild) - so people is faction changing and migrating to the other Italian server that's horde based and while not huge has a way better situation (it's hard not to be lol).

    Point is, i'm not wasting my money to transfer from a dead server to another. If i have to, i'm going to one of the biggest ones, reroll horde if needed and will still be able to do my KSM/Curve stuff and even play with friends via realID. So, i'm not having the slightest issue at this point.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I'm not saying I agree with people who exclude Alliance, but if you've ever played on there you can definitely understand why someone would...
    It's just perception. To me when i play horde is the opposite - given the raw numbers of people it's much easier/likely to get some useless douchebag in your group, while on Alliance it's rarer and rarer these days.

    But it also makes sense - if most of the compettitve/good players have all flocked to one side, it's also easier/more likely to find good ones. It's basically bigger numbers.
    You tried, and you failed. What have you learned? That's better not to try at all.

  10. #10
    Yes, I will pay hundreds of euro to play this shitty game that is ruined and unplayable as alliance... What a fucking joke... Make them free already, it doesn't cost you anything at fucking all... Such greedy cunts...

  11. #11
    Scarab Lord Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Why on earth would anyone tick the horde only box just because they "dont want to play with alliance"? Some weird sense of pride or something?

    "Yes, I'll tick this box that limits my player pool without any tangible benefit because... reasons!"

    I get not bothering to change to alliance, especially at a cost, but opting out of even playing with them is a bit nonsensical.

    I'll tick "Horde Only", because fuck the Alliance and fuck Blizzard.

  12. #12
    Guild Wars 2, a buy to play game with arguably more content than WoW has no server restrictions... Try harder Blizzard.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I'll tick "Horde Only", because fuck the Alliance and fuck Blizzard.
    I suspect this will be an overwhelming majority of horde players for several reasons:
    1. Horde hates alliance.
    2. There's almost zero benefit in doing it as horde. (Only niche scenarios off like 5am desperate vault runs, but yeh, pretty much zero for horde)
    3. Community is pretty toxic and likes to troll overall.
    4. Hordies will do it just for spite and fun.
    5. Did i mention there's zero incentive for horde to enable it? Until there is, this feature will be dead on arrival.
    Even something super trivial as giving every horde team member a "tank/healer rune bag" for completing key on time / killing "x" raid bosses would go miles... And i think its a pretty fair reward for horde without being stupidly jealousy excessive.
    Last edited by tomten; 2022-06-02 at 12:22 AM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Uh yeah there is?

    People going from Horde to Alliance.

    Most would probably not have wanted to do that before, since it's so much worse finding groups etc. on Alliance. But now with cross faction play, a good number of people may want to play on Alliance.
    Or people that play alliance will take the chance to shift to horde and be done with the problem of not having people to play with.

    I played alliance btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    Or people that play alliance will take the chance to shift to horde and be done with the problem of not having people to play with.

    I played alliance btw.
    The question was about the reason to offer this service now, not why anyone would ever transfer at all.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    The question was about the reason to offer this service now, not why anyone would ever transfer at all.
    If I had to hazard a guess, it's in anticipation of one last push to get paid factions transfers before there's supposedly less of a reason to need to transfer (due to cross-faction stuff being implemented).

    However, as some have already alluded, there's issues with the cross-faction system that will still push people to be Horde over Alliance in the regions where Horde dominates, and vice versa. I've already predicted there will be a bump in Alliance participation in end-game content that is typically restricted by lower faction numbers, but I think it will be short-lived once the novelty wears off. There's just no reason for dominant faction to allow the minority faction to join them, because all the faction issues are the burden of the minority faction... in the above example, Horde have no reason nor need to pull bodies from Alliance. Again, there will be some level of cross-faction, but the general trend will be that nothing changes beyond the minority faction scrambling for the scraps of the dominant faction.

    Only time the Horde in my region would need to get an Alliance player is if there's not enough Horde players available... which means the game is dead from no players. Another option is that faction restrictions and boundaries are completely removed to where the only potential difference between the factions is the story. There would still need to be a time of adjustment, because there is an inherent bias based upon faction whether there's actually a difference or not. Unfortunately, we're at the point where the current structure of the game cannot maintain the faction split keeping players separated.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  17. #17
    Did they reduce the normal faction change price? The sale price says £13.30 reduced from £19 but I'm sure it used to be £27.

  18. #18
    Scarab Lord Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I suspect this will be an overwhelming majority of horde players for several reasons:
    1. Horde hates alliance.
    2. There's almost zero benefit in doing it as horde. (Only niche scenarios off like 5am desperate vault runs, but yeh, pretty much zero for horde)
    3. Community is pretty toxic and likes to troll overall.
    4. Hordies will do it just for spite and fun.
    5. Did i mention there's zero incentive for horde to enable it? Until there is, this feature will be dead on arrival.
    Even something super trivial as giving every horde team member a "tank/healer rune bag" for completing key on time / killing "x" raid bosses would go miles... And i think its a pretty fair reward for horde without being stupidly jealousy excessive.
    Exactly my thoughts. There is little to no benefit of allowing Alliance into Horde Groups. Sure, the pool of players might be small if you run some REALLY high keys or, like you mention a vault run at 5am, but otherwise why should the player base be in charge of "fixing" the faction balance? It's Blizzard's job, not ours.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Exactly my thoughts. There is little to no benefit of allowing Alliance into Horde Groups. Sure, the pool of players might be small if you run some REALLY high keys or, like you mention a vault run at 5am, but otherwise why should the player base be in charge of "fixing" the faction balance? It's Blizzard's job, not ours.
    Couldn't agree more.
    What do you think about horde players getting like those tank/healer bags for completing a key in time?
    Its small but also convenient for the free runes. I think it would be a pretty fair middle ground. Or any other ideas for incentive?

  20. #20
    Scarab Lord Razorice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Over there --->
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    What do you think about horde players getting like those tank/healer bags for completing a key in time?
    Its small but also convenient for the free runes. I think it would be a pretty fair middle ground. Or any other ideas for incentive?
    I guess some free stuff for Tanks/Healers could be a good incentive, but I don't think Runes are incentive enough for players to want to Tank/Heal. Tank more so than Heal, because I feel like there is a perception in the community than Tanking is harder, more toxic, etc. Which, from my experience isn't true. it's as toxic as any other role if you're unprepared. I think a good incentive, at least for me would be achievements or FoS like "Complete X Dungeons in Season X in X Role"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •