Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Only a fraction of the lost souls sacrificed themselves to become the seed, those most selfless and wanting to help their living kin. Sylvanas wouldn't have been able to rescue all of them so quickly, it's gonna take time for the rest to come around. All the rest will likely spend eternity in Ardenweald's forests, just like the Winter Queen said.
    Doesn't change the fact this sacrifice was pointless, you don't need this sacrifice to create a new world tree, heck they could even cash in on elunes guilt, to get her to bless the new tree to get immortality. But nope had to turn those souls into fertilizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    You literally don’t have any DF knowledge yet. In DF we might take the seed to her and then reclaim a place in Ashenvale or the ruined land around Darkshore. Healing it and having that become the new capital or even Hyjal.

Be calm and don’t go all uppity with your own head cannon when they are clearly building it out and making it something that will be concluded later with a whole new city in the end
    Ah, the traditional pre-expansion "just wait and see, don't criticize Blizz-sama" has begun.

Anyone who actually thought Blizz would restore those murdered souls and miss a chance to shit on NElves clearly hasn't paid attention since at least Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    To add salt to the wound, The Forsaken questline unlocks the title "Of Lorderon", lands that once belonged firmly to the Alliance.
    Apart from they were citizens of Lorderon, so that land really is theirs.

I mentioned it in another thread, but what is even the point of the seed? Nordrassil regrew, it is uncorrupted and has the blessings of the dragonflights. The entire point of Teldrassil was to replace Nordrassil, but that's no longer needed - so what's with this new seed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    My theory is that they somehow forgot how to build/maintain stone buildings and are just a really incompetent and stupid race in general. I think this is supported by plenty of lore at this point.
    Compelling theory, but I'd lean more towards senility. You've made trees for thousands of years, why stop now? Surely this time it'll be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    I mentioned it in another thread, but what is even the point of the seed? Nordrassil regrew, it is uncorrupted and has the blessings of the dragonflights. The entire point of Teldrassil was to replace Nordrassil, but that's no longer needed - so what's with this new seed?
    To waste our time in Explosion of Dragons as we help Tyrande collect blessings to make yet another world tree in lieu of an actual story of the Night Elves establishing themselves militarily vis a vis the Horde and Alliance.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    To waste our time in Explosion of Dragons as we help Tyrande collect blessings to make yet another world tree in lieu of an actual story of the Night Elves establishing themselves militarily vis a vis the Horde and Alliance.
    But their track record with world trees is terrible so why not just stick with the one that worked! But then again the Horde still exists so having a few spare ones is probably a good idea in case of some more unforeseen genocide.

I think the elves should just reclaim Nighthaven as their capital city like it was in the tabletop RPGs. They can kick out the tauren, maybe invite the Exodar to float on over and have hearty guffaws with the draenei over the short-lived races.

Quote Originally Posted by ethriel View Post
    So it seems like the Night Elf souls will be permanently obliterated to build this new seed...

https://youtu.be/YMGN9pK5ZC4

But we won't even know what the seed does. The Forsaken got a long questline to repair Tirisfal and Undercity with new armor and customizations while the Night Elves just got this seed.. at the cost of all the night elf souls that were killed and tortured.
    This is awful, the night elves went through so much tragedy and suffering and now that we finally freed them... they will be obliterated anyway??

Even if we got a new world tree out of it which is extremely unlikely, it's extremely bad that the Night Elf souls are being destroyed for it. Instead they should've been part of the actual renewal instead of sacrificing themselves for something that might even turn out to nothing.
    It's pointless to have a new home when all the night elves that once were part of the race aren't even part of it. At the very least they should be walking around as spirits or souls, but not be completely erased from existence.

This is an absolutely horrible and disrespectful story decision that goes against the feedback people have been providing for the past years.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the seed gets destroyed by the Horde or some other villain given Blizzard's hateful writing for Night Elves.
    It's quite a shitshow, yes, though i have a feeling they'll turn into whisps or ancients or somesuch, but admittedly that's speculation.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    My theory is that they somehow forgot how to build/maintain stone buildings and are just a really incompetent and stupid race in general. I think this is supported by plenty of lore at this point.
    wtf u guys are talking about? You think SW or Orgrimmar not flame able? most buildings have wood structures and just in case go to the desert build your walls and roofs from metal how many minute u can stay inside ( orgrimmar after cata) Teldrassil much safer than those. Raw life wood in a middle of the ocean, TB is much more flame able UC are underground 1-2 good explosion and collapse, Exodar don't really know its not even a city. Only IF is the best capital in wow if we look defense and Darnassus just turn the teleport tree off and u need to fly in, but the story can go this way as u see need a good plote twist and everything can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    Apart from they were citizens of Lorderon, so that land really is theirs.
    That is true, yes, but my point was more about their affiliation with the Horde/plague-usage preventing the greater majority from fully mending their broken homeland (this of course assumes Blizzard was still good at writing stories to actually explore the topic in-depth, which they won't). Plus, even if The Forsaken were once natives, they have to spread undeath to repopulate their people, which is sorta something most Lordaeron citizens would likely frown upon.

They turned into a seed, funniest shit I've ever seen

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    We will know what that seed does 4 or 5 expansions from now when Blizzard remembers it exists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    We will know what that seed does 4 or 5 expansions from now when Blizzard remembers it exists.
    The implication from Ysera was that she intends to either safeguard or plant it in the Dragon Isles (e.g. her mention of a location she hadn't visited in "so long"). I would wager it's going to be a B-plot in the next expansion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Is it even clear this makes a World Tree? Why are people jumping to that conclusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Enough of these fucking trees, they have a 100% failure rate and even Teldrassil was an unspeakable bete noir which only got any sort of emotional weight when the Horde torched it and then became a black hole of undeserved pathos for half a decade by this point. The only good tree was Nordrassil and it too was destroyed in its first appearance. The entire premise of the WC3 campaign was to let go of their singular dumb tree and this point has been missed for their entire WoW existence. Yet every expansion introduces a new failed tree and the night elves spending an inordinate amount of their time dealing with it.
    Am I wrong or did they not originally live in a giant tree, that was a "new" thing to them?
    I liked the idea of them retaking Dire Maul and updating it and that area of Feralas. If anything I am also uninterested in the Forsaken retaking Lordaeron. I wish they had moved somewhere else.
    Last edited by ChairmanKaga; 2022-06-01 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    To add salt to the wound, The Forsaken questline unlocks the title "Of Lorderon", lands that once belonged firmly to the Alliance.
    Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Dark Lady watch over you.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    They can kick out the tauren, maybe invite the Exodar to float on over and have hearty guffaws with the draenei over the short-lived races.
    Trusting the draenei to have their backs? Just another backstab waiting to happen, not like they pretty much left them hanging each time the horde rampaged through their land.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    The Alliance of Lordaeron, which fell completely. This should not be mistaken with the current Alliance, which is the Alliance of Stormwind or 'Grand Alliance'. Very different distinctions.
    Not really. If you look at the alliance today vs the Alliance in wc 2 then yes, it's quite different, but there was never a destruction of the old alliance and a reforming of a new one. The center of power just shifted after Lordaeron's fall. All that really changed with Lordaeron's fall is that Lordaeron was no longer in it. The only thing that really changes from WC 3 to WoW is Lordaeron's destruction, and Theramore/Night Elves joining the alliance. Stormwind didn't even become the center of the alliance until around Wrath or even Cata, and the name change was more a rebranding rather than a new organization being founded.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Dark Lady watch over you.
    WDYM, she is literally in omega-hell right now. The Forsaken's new waifu is the Alliance-sympathizer Calia, because there is zero chance Blizzard paints Sylvanas loyalists as anything but deranged lunatics going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Trusting the draenei to have their backs? Just another backstab waiting to happen, not like they pretty much left them hanging each time the horde rampaged through their land.
    Well, they did help defend Ashenvale in the Cataclysm. But you have a point, I guess they haven't done much defending of each other recently. It's almost as if the Alliance doesn't really have its own best interests at heart unless you live in Stormwind!

Quote Originally Posted by ethriel View Post
    You completely missed the point. The huge issue here is the night elf souls that are being destroyed for whatever the seed does
    There is no confirmation that they are completely destroyed is there? Nightelf souls have been used since forever to build, empower or control stuff so i don't see why this should be any different.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The implication from Ysera was that she intends to either safeguard or plant it in the Dragon Isles (e.g. her mention of a location she hadn't visited in "so long"). I would wager it's going to be a B-plot in the next expansion.
    So wait, is Ysera alive again? Like, alive-alive? And she's coming back? Huh... I must've missed that.