Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Meh, propably nothing, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Tauren rogues don't suffer constant agony whenever they stealth or use any of their abilities. Also we've had tauren rogues, and other hoofed species being rogues, since before WoW.

- - - Updated - - -

Every time someone uses this line I note they never actually give any examples. They just wave their hands, go look around and you'll see it, and expect the people they're trying to convince to look up the evidence for them. Also on an entirely subjective subject so even the word evidence has to be used lightly.
    Holy necromancy in the case of the forsaken. They single handedly explained how any feat of magic is interchangeable so long as you are powerful enough in that quest line.it dilutes the magic system pretty badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing much.

I also think it's about time to retire class/race locks, because there are zillion exceptions anyway and as others noted it's not even exception from two years ago.

And quite frankly I don't get the people who wallow and spread ash over their heads there - Warcraft universe is vast and there are so many powers, artifacts, deities and demi-deities, mysterious and unknown effects and what not.

I am genuinely amused at people who stomp their foot at something slightly less stock than usual and saying "nope can't happen, wtf lore dead". That's so funny.

Things like Turn Undead

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    So with Calia Menethil officially becoming the new leader of the forsaken and Lilian appearing to be looking like a light infused undead, what is now stopping us from having lightbound undead as a customization option and Paladin becoming an option for this race?
    It is a heavily requested race/class combo and there are already undead pallys in the lore.
    Well, you're no lightbound forsaken are you? The light would gently sear your flesh to ash.

I kinda want to see a forsaken wielding the ashbringer though, just for shit 'n giggles. Name him "Crispy" or some variation thereof.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every time someone uses this line I note they never actually give any examples. They just wave their hands, go look around and you'll see it, and expect the people they're trying to convince to look up the evidence for them. Also on an entirely subjective subject so even the word evidence has to be used lightly.
    BUT MUH LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! MUH IMMERSION!!!!!

that's the example.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    The reasoning for not allowing it was weak already.

With Callia it is basically non existant.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

So with Calia Menethil officially becoming the new leader of the forsaken and Lilian appearing to be looking like a light infused undead, what is now stopping us from having lightbound undead as a customization option and Paladin becoming an option for this race?
    It is a heavily requested race/class combo and there are already undead pallys in the lore.
    OH god... WHY are there so many that know so little of the actual WC3 lore?

Forsaken Paladin = Deathknight.

Please. Stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Holy necromancy in the case of the forsaken. They single handedly explained how any feat of magic is interchangeable so long as you are powerful enough in that quest line.it dilutes the magic system pretty badly.
    True enough. Nature, elements, and holy all have resurrection spells.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Shadow as well like DK battle res.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nerzhul also used the void for necromancy in WoD.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Shadow as well like DK battle res.
    I forgot about that. Come to think of it all the various schools of magic seem to be able to do pretty much the same thing, it's simply what power source you tap into. The dot from a flame shock is no different from one from a holy seal no different from a shadow disease.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Nerzhul also used the void for necromancy in WoD.
    Void elves did it in BFA, killing dinos in Zuldazar and raising them as cannon fodder. Loved how Bwonsamdi used that against them in the raid. He's all like "Nice idea, imma try dat."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I forgot about that. Come to think of it all the various schools of magic seem to be able to do pretty much the same thing, it's simply what power source you tap into. The dot from a flame shock is no different from one from a holy seal no different from a shadow disease.
    To be fair, that's not a big surprise in a system that's basically all about one metric: HP. Ultimately, all schools do the same thing: reduce or restore HP, in chunks or in drips.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Unfortunately from the looks they intend for it eventually. But at this point their Lore is butchered anyway so who the fuck cares I guess.
    I wouldnt bd breaking lore so much as providing an opportunity to expand it. Forsaken paladins exist, theyre just very rare. Like Night Elf paladins.

If it were up to me, theyd simply be gated behind a story quest. To explain their existence and rarity. Complete the Legion quest where you recruit a Night Elf to the Silver Hand, voila, Night Elf Paladins unlocked. Forsaken/Night Elf paladins don't need entire subfactions like the Sunwalkers, they just need to be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by finnachta View Post
    Comments like this make me think that you have never played another modern MMORPG. WoW is the only game (that I know of, I'm sure there are others) still hanging on to the whole "certain classes for certain races." It's time to move on from this, let players play what they want and have fun.
    Don't forget free-to-play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Gameplay wise , yes it doesn’t make sense, we have plenty of holy undead priests running around.
    Lorewise is still iffy, most of the holy undead Pallies are/were constantly in pain, and calia only got that way through direct intervention.
    But then again they did give the people undead bloodelfs, it’s most likely a matter of time before light infused undead.
    Undead elf paladin exist now

Quote Originally Posted by zysis View Post
    OH god... WHY are there so many that know so little of the actual WC3 lore?

Forsaken Paladin = Deathknight.

Please. Stop.
    Not exactly. Paladin and Death Knights aren't exactly the same or opposite. Technically in WC2 lore a DK is an orc warlock's soul placed into the body of a human knight. Arthas was a paladin who had his school of magic changed from light to death magic.

Ever since the chronicles and the six primal forces Light and Death aren't opposite schools. Although, Light, Order, and Life seem to ally together against Void, Death, and Chaos.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing now. As long as the Forsaken Paladins are resurrected a la Calia Menethil by Light magic.

- - - Updated - - -

Void elves did it in BFA, killing dinos in Zuldazar and raising them as cannon fodder. Loved how Bwonsamdi used that against them in the raid. He's all like "Nice idea, imma try dat."
    Just did the new storyline. To quote Margrave Sin'dane. "But whether these rituals are empowered by Death or Light or any other magic, necromancy is necromancy. You perceive a difference where there is none, child."

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Homogenization is the way.
    Homogenization is bad.

Next, getting rid of those pesky racials.
    Never.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Not exactly. Paladin and Death Knights aren't exactly the same or opposite. Technically in WC2 lore a DK is an orc warlock's soul placed into the body of a human knight. Arthas was a paladin who had his school of magic changed from light to death magic.

Ever since the chronicles and the six primal forces Light and Death aren't opposite schools. Although, Light, Order, and Life seem to ally together against Void, Death, and Chaos.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing now. As long as the Forsaken Paladins are resurrected a la Calia Menethil by Light magic.
    Forsaken elf can be paladin