Page 1 of 3
LastLast

felborne customization for nightborne

we see how new darkfallen customizations were given to the horde and the alliance. And although I personally don't like that the blood elves have darkfallen as a customization because it ruins the blood elves lore. I do think that if the void elves and night elves have new customizations, the nightborne also deserve new customizations and I think that what best suits the lore is felborne! the felborne exist and warlock is a class of the nightborne.
    a warlock nightborne would look great with felborne customization

Until it makes sense for story. I doubt we will see these like how we will never see red orcs as an option, as of right now. More customizations are never a bad thing. So it would be really cool to see these options fleshed out in game. A warlock with this skin for the nightborne would be nasty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    we see how new darkfallen customizations were given to the horde and the alliance. And although I personally don't like that the blood elves have darkfallen as a customization because it ruins the blood elves lore. I do think that if the void elves and night elves have new customizations, the nightborne also deserve new customizations and I think that what best suits the lore is felborne! the felborne exist and warlock is a class of the nightborne.

Are the Felborne working with the Horde? Or friendly towards them enough to make a story building on the reasoning for why they would join?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

The Nightborne just got a significant revamp and more customization options in 9.2 or 9.1.5 iirc.

7+ Year Old Account
    Just let players pick any recolor skin thats already in game files
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Are the Felborne working with the Horde? Or friendly towards them enough to make a story building on the reasoning for why they would join?
    the same as darkfallen night elves.

at least nightborne have warlock if they use a lot of fel magic they should have felborne appearance

Fel is a bit of an outlier, like the void. there is literally a questline about a desperate nightborne trying to stave off his end well meaningly but in the end is corrupted by it anyway.

There is no problem in making it available, but it needs a very good (or shall i say "explicit") explanation, like with the void elves or the demon hunters.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Fel is a bit of an outlier, like the void. there is literally a questline about a desperate nightborne trying to stave off his end well meaningly but in the end is corrupted by it anyway.

There is no problem in making it available, but it needs a very good (or shall i say "explicit") explanation, like with the void elves or the demon hunters.
    nightborne warlock use fel.

at least nightborne have warlock if they use a lot of fel magic they should have felborne appearance
    Not same as darkfallen night elves, because if you unlocked them, it is specifically said that they let those "darkfallen" nelves go back to the alliance if they want to, thus unlocking the appearance. It's not much, but it's more than "fel nightborne".

Not to mention people were asking for dark ranger customisations for a long time and it's a reoccurring request within the community. And this is the first time ever I see anyone ask for fel nightborne... Honestly, your request kinda reeks of " X race got something cool, now I want something for me too! I don't care what it is, just give me whatever!".

nightborne warlock use fel.
    Human warlocks use fel.
    Doesn't mean they change visibly because of it (until they fail and it taints them, but we can't show that on human player characters either).

Felborne however are tainted, you need to have something that explains why they managed not to give in to it.

I mean even the forsaken and green orcs use the same concept; the former broke free due to the weakening of the lich king, the latter through Grom's sacrifice.

10+ Year Old Account

Uhm, "Darkfallen" Night Elves are just Dark Rangers/Undead elves and have been serving since Teldrassil was torched, their 'sisters' have served for much longer, and now they can choose where to go, just like the Death Knights. There was good timing for adding them, unlike not much implementation or story for Felborne.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't see any reason to cockblock it - why not?

And why not Sunblade Blood Elves while at it too, I mean at least some of them probably were rounded up after the whole TBC event and maybe got reintegrated or what not.

As a whole many races could get some fel or void customizations - after all it's not some binary thing, there are various levels of corruption and we had huge corruption explosions in Azeroth these few last decades. I am sure there are plenty who are "touched", but no converted - manageable enough to still be a productive member of Alliance/Horde, even if dealing with the taint.

- - - Updated - - -

As a whole - I think Blizzard found something good here both Night Warrior and Darkfallen customizations and even something like giving Void Elves more natural tones as well. Not everything needs to be an Allied Race or full blown Race/Class to either make sense or be a cool addition to the repertoire without breaking stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Not same as darkfallen night elves, because if you unlocked them, it is specifically said that they let those "darkfallen" nelves go back to the alliance if they want to, thus unlocking the appearance. It's not much, but it's more than "fel nightborne".

Not to mention people were asking for dark ranger customisations for a long time and it's a reoccurring request within the community. And this is the first time ever I see anyone ask for fel nightborne... Honestly, your request kinda reeks of " X race got something cool, now I want something for me too! I don't care what it is, just give me whatever!".
    we have warlocks if being near a fel crystal gave blood elves green eyes using fel should give nightborne felborne characteristics. I didn't see anyone ask for dark ranger void elf. I said that it would be better with the void elves than with the blood elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Human warlocks use fel.
    Doesn't mean they change visibly because of it (until they fail and it taints them, but we can't show that on human player characters either).

Felborne however are tainted, you need to have something that explains why they managed not to give in to it.

I mean even the forsaken and green orcs use the same concept; the former broke free due to the weakening of the lich king, the latter through Grom's sacrifice.
    they are elves magic affects them more strongly than others

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    Until it makes sense for story. I doubt we will see these like how we will never see red orcs as an option, as of right now.
    "Making sense for the story" has only rarely been a deciding factor for what characters can do. For example, we got playable Sand Trolls before plDragonmaw Orcs as customizations, even though canonically the story says the opposite about which of those have joined the Horde.

But regardless, if the customizations are unlocked by a story quest, there's no need to limit what makes sense by today's standards. A short quest could show MU Blackrock clan joining the Horde, boom, playable blackrock skin color for MU orcs.

We wont see red orcs because fel orcs aren't just red, they'd need new tusk and spike customizations.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-06-02 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    "Making sense for the story" has only rarely been a deciding factor for what characters can do. For example, we got playable Sand Trolls before plDragonmaw Orcs as customizations, even though canonically the story says the opposite about which of those have joined the Horde.

But regardless, if the customizations are unlocked by a story quest, there's no need to limit what makes sense by today's standards. A short quest could show MU Blackrock clan joining the Horde, boom, playable blackrock skin color for MU orcs.

We wont see red orcs because fel orcs aren't just red, they'd need new tusk and spike customizations.
    and in the case of nightborne you only need green glow

Fel customization for as many Horde races as possible.

Orc ---> Fel Orc
    Nightborne --> Felborne
    Blood Elf --> Fel Elf (Demon Hunter options for all)
    Highmountain Tauren --> Feltotem

While that would be kind of cool that's mostly just the tattooes, eyes, and different tint to the hand glow. What I'd want first would be more of their cool nightborne armor sets. We got some of the weapons from Legion timewalking, major kudos for that, but we're missing the armor variety.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Fel customization for as many races as possible.

Orc ---> Fel Orc
    Nightborne --> Felborne
    Blood Elf --> Fel Elf (Demon Hunter options for all)
    Highmountain Tauren --> Feltotem
    Gnome --> Fnome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

we have warlocks if being near a fel crystal gave blood elves green eyes using fel should give nightborne felborne characteristics. I didn't see anyone ask for dark ranger void elf. I said that it would be better with the void elves than with the blood elves.

- - - Updated - - -

they are elves magic affects them more strongly than others
    What's the basis for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

Woah shocker. I literally said "as of right now". Theres no story making it happen as of right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    Woah shocker. I literally said "as of right now". Theres no story making it happen as of right now.
    The customization in the OP could be made available via a simple Suramar cleanup side quest not unlike the one for Lordaeron. We got Allied races with less than that (looking at you Void Elves).