Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So this game is free right?
    They say it is, but do not expect to get any meaningful progress without paying to play. The first reviews say it is a game that is pay-to-win in a very bad way.

It's a D3 clone with P2W and predatory microtransactions typical of a cash-grab mobile game.

So... yeah. I'm glad I'm a guy who doesn't have a phone I guess.

It's super smooth presentation and gameplay that ultimately masks a shallow and empty experience that was intentionally designed by a corporation to manipulate and extract money from addicts and whales.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Why are character names are unique per server?
    So you can't impersonate another player?

Banned in the Netherlands and Belgium, so guess I won't be playing it as only games with blatant gambling/lootbox bs get banned here. :-)

Why someone would spend 1 minute on the PC version of this is beyond me. Phone? Fine. PC? Go play D3.

Once the initial hype has landed, most people will have realised how heavily p2w this game is. I'd wager most players that are left will be phone gamers and whales. Then again, thats all Blizzard needs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shorteh View Post
    Banned in the Netherlands and Belgium, so guess I won't be playing it as only games with blatant gambling/lootbox bs get banned here. :-)
    They are indeed ahead of theyre time Good on them!

Make way for the Whales you freeloading plebeians! They've been practising that swiping fin for this day.

This is a disappointment on PC. I've been wanting a PC Diablo with full controller support like D3 has on the switch. But Diablo Immortal, like D2 Resurrected, has a floating cursor you move around the screen for a touch-centric UI. And it's so fiddly that I end up just giving up and using the mouse.

I hope D4 has full controller support on the PC--with a UI designed for a controller--without a floating cursor you move around the screen to use the UI.

The resolution is awful too with no apparent way to raise it.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    It's a D3 clone with P2W and predatory microtransactions typical of a cash-grab mobile game.

So... yeah. I'm glad I'm a guy who doesn't have a phone I guess.
    the in game shop they have is nearly non existent unless you count those skins. power gain you get is miniscule if you decide to spend some money .

and it is very fun to play on phone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Make way for the Whales you freeloading plebeians! They've been practising that swiping fin for this day.

i didnt spend a since cent on it but have a lot of fun - already level 30 since yesterday . its super smooth even without that start package.

peopel complain for sake of complaining

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmune View Post
    It is but it's already been deemed through the beta that it is indeed Play To Win. It has some of the most aggressive monetization methods for any game to date.
    Like what? More aggressive than an ad every two minutes? More aggressive than gating play time behind buying things? Or is this just another hysterical rant from someone who doesn't understand what a mobile game is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i didnt spend a since cent on it but have a lot of fun - already level 30 since yesterday . its super smooth even without that start package.

peopel complain for sake of complaining
    This is rich coming from you, looking at your post history.

The game is a cash grab, like 99% of mobile games are. Stop pretending it isnt.

Remember, this game was never made for you to begin with.

The reason it was even an idea in Blizzard's head, is because they want to cash out on the chinese mobile gaming industry and its whales

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

The only games that arent cash grabs these days are some indie games.

DI is pretty fun if you're mature enough to know what you're going into. Instantly saying "buuhuu p2w cash grab" just means it isn't for you. Move on, stop caring about it. I know it's hard m, you want confirmation on your opinions. But try to just.. not.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Why someone would spend 1 minute on the PC version of this is beyond me. Phone? Fine. PC? Go play D3.
    But I've already beaten D3's story. I haven't seen DI's story. And long term phone gaming is uncomfortable to me, I'd rather play on PC lol

But I'm not the target market, I don't do the seasons very frequently. I play to beat the story and then move on to other games unless I have the itch for the combat.

It's a decent mobile game. Not a great PC game, but it's definitely decent on the tablet if you don't want to spend the day at the desk.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    The only games that arent cash grabs these days are some indie games.

DI is pretty fun if you're mature enough to know what you're going into. Instantly saying "buuhuu p2w cash grab" just means it isn't for you. Move on, stop caring about it. I know it's hard m, you want confirmation on your opinions. But try to just.. not.
    Lmao, what. Confirmation of my opinions? I don't need it, it's already been confirmed the game is p2w. And as for me caring, I do not. I play games I enjoy whether they are p2w or not, luckily with the discipline not to spend stupid amounts of money on them.

I'm not even saying others can't enjoy DI. If you enjoy it, all the better for you. I was merely pointing out that said poster should stop pretending the game is something it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post

The term P2W is redundant for a mobile game. You're not enlightening anyone. Complaining about it is ridiculous. Lashing out at others is worse.

It's not a cashgrab if it's using the business model that this sort of entertainment uses. It's not bad because of the business model. Stop the hysteria already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Pleasantly surprised by this, the combat feels pretty smooth and the reward pacing is properly done. It's also different enough from D3 that it plays like a D3.5/MMO hybrid.

I'm okay with spending some money on this but if endgame is too pay-to-have-fun, I'll just play through the campaign and let it go afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Pleasantly surprised by this, the combat feels pretty smooth and the reward pacing is properly done. It's also different enough from D3 that it plays like a D3.5/MMO hybrid.

I'm okay with spending some money on this but if endgame is too pay-to-have-fun, I'll just play through the campaign and let it go afterward.
    You're on rails until 30s, then they start pressuring you to either spend or do mindless grinds and it only gets worse the higher you get.

Eventually you literally can't even get good high end stuff without either paying a lot or spending YEARS, yes YEARS doing daily grinds.

Feels like Lost Ark on mobile not a bad thing.

Unfortunely there is no way to raise the resolution on pc so indeed its quite pixelated and the controller support is quite clunky.

Good start tho for a open beta hopefully you can progress without spending money.