1. #2521
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It's in your head. You affect yourself.
    And even if the game was purely skill based - you'd still be a bottom feeder and complain about all the cheatera with better PCs/iPhone, better connection, etc.
    Because that's what whiners always do.
    Again; your response is entirely irrelevant to the discussion. Try actually addressing the point. I don't give a fuck what your opinion is of me; you made the statement "it doesn't affect me", when it demonstrably does.

    It's not in my head at all; people who pay money have measurably stronger characters. This variable acts independently from skill, complaining, pc/phone stats, connections, my propensity for complaints, and literally any other unrelated point that you want to address. Blizzard has no or limited control over any other variable in that equation; they have chosen to induce money to directly impact player power.

    Address the point you made and I responded to, and stop trying to subvert the discussion to strawman, unrelated nonsense.

    True or false: If I am competing with other players, I cannot definitively tell whether or not someone else is beating me due to skill (or any other unrelated variable that Blizzard does not control) or due to paying money.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-06-22 at 10:52 AM.

  2. #2522
    People with more money have better pcs, connections, peripherals, chair, refreshments.

    YOU affect yourself. IT doesn't affect you.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  3. #2523
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    People with more money have better pcs, connections, peripherals, chair, refreshments.

    YOU affect yourself. IT doesn't affect you.
    Address the point you made and I responded to, and stop trying to subvert the discussion to strawman, unrelated nonsense.

    True or false: If I am competing with other players, I cannot definitively tell whether or not someone else is beating me due to skill (or any other unrelated variable that Blizzard does not control) or due to paying money.

  4. #2524
    You do not get to demand me answer a biased loaded question
    I gave you the ultimate answer and as expected you don't like it.
    You cannot tell in any pvp game. Because say the guy is friends with the devs, influencer who got stuff for free, etc - that is something under direct Blizzard control.
    You cannot definitely tell.
    That makes your loaded question irrelevant.
    Not to mention that they may have both: paid and skill. You cannot tell. But if they paid - you will scream: NO SKILL MOFO.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  5. #2525
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You do not get to demand me answer a biased loaded question
    I gave you the ultimate answer and as expected you don't like it.
    You cannot tell in any pvp game. Because say the guy is friends with the devs, influencer who got stuff for free, etc - that is something under direct Blizzard control.
    You cannot definitely tell.
    That makes your loaded question irrelevant.
    Not to mention that they may have both: paid and skill. You cannot tell. But if they paid - you will scream: NO SKILL MOFO.
    The question is the exact opposite of loaded. It strips away every other irrelevant variable. Everything else you try to introduce to the question is irrelevant. All of these things can exist entirely outside the influence of monetised player power, and monetised player power can exist entirely outside the influence of any of those things. It is in your interest to reintroduce these variables and pretend they make the influence of monetisation unmeasurable, but that is blatantly illogical.

    The amalgamation of all variables outside of monetised power is variable a. Monetised power is variable b. The outcome of a+b=c.

    There are a number of players whose value for a is less than my value for a, and whose value for a is more than my value for a. The variable b is functionally zero for everyone without monetised power. When variable b is introduced, the number of people whose value for c is higher than my value for c demonstrably increases. It is a fact that monetisation of power increases the number of players whose entire amalgamation of variables is a higher value than my own.

    Ergo: regardless of any other variable that you wish to introduce to the equation, it is a fact that my experience is affected to some degree by the introduction of the variable b: monetised power. Thus, the statement:
    It doesn't affect you (or anybody) either. It's all in your head. You affect yourself with this misplaced anger.
    is demonstrably false. It is a mathematical fact that whatever effect I have on myself, some part of my experience is directly affected by the existence of monetised player power. To believe that it does not affect me would require willful ignorance on my behalf; it is a logically unavoidable conclusion.

    You can make the argument that my own self-influence stemming from this fact is larger than the fact itself, but that is an uneducated opinion on your behalf and meaningless to the discussion. The only fact in this discussion is that increasing monetised power measurably increases the likelyhood for me to be beaten despite having greater skill. The relative skill in question between me and that player is irrelevant; this definition could equally be applied to Wujido and the whales he plays against.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-06-22 at 11:23 AM.

  6. #2526
    Pandaren Monk Alroxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Hall of the Guardians
    Posts
    1,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    snip
    Don't engage with @Elim Garak. It's not going to change their stance and it's just going to be a circle of useless debate. Ignore and move on to others.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

  7. #2527
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I guess we are all doing Lassal 2 or 3 by now? That said, I do think they launched with far too many servers. I am sure there will be servers without even 10 Dark Clans to qualify for the War.
    No, my server doesn't have Lassal 3 at all.
    1 to 3 queues for Lassal 1 and 1 to 3 queues for Lassal 2.
    The last few queues only have 1 people in it.

    Dead server? or all servers are like that.

  8. #2528
    Brewmaster Tiev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Azmoden View Post
    Tell me you're a disgusting human being without actually telling me you're a disgusting human being...

    "HAHA, THEZe GuyZ R PoORz, FuCk ThEm, LuLz"
    Just ignore that guy man. At the very least he's a mild sociopath. Either that or he's addicted himself to that sort of "game" but there has to be a lack of empathy going around there somewhere.

  9. #2529
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    You do not get to demand me answer a biased loaded question
    I gave you the ultimate answer and as expected you don't like it.
    You cannot tell in any pvp game. Because say the guy is friends with the devs, influencer who got stuff for free, etc - that is something under direct Blizzard control.
    You cannot definitely tell.
    That makes your loaded question irrelevant.
    Not to mention that they may have both: paid and skill. You cannot tell. But if they paid - you will scream: NO SKILL MOFO.
    Jeez still getting your kicks out of this thread eh?

    This kinda stuff like the slow decay of the gaming community is prosperous ground for winding people up?
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  10. #2530
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    No, my server doesn't have Lassal 3 at all.
    1 to 3 queues for Lassal 1 and 1 to 3 queues for Lassal 2.
    The last few queues only have 1 people in it.

    Dead server? or all servers are like that.
    Nah as I said earlier, they probably made too many servers. Which does make sense with the idea that this allows smaller whales to feel king of the pond by going for Immortal in dead servers while larger whales struggle it out elsewhere. I can tell there is at least a dozen serious whales in my server (by just seeing how far they have cleared Challenge Rifts). I am fully expecting to be murdered today in the Shadow War (should have joined Immortals got invite by both the main and one of the support clans but had chosen Shadow just minutes earlier)

  11. #2531
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Nah as I said earlier, they probably made too many servers. Which does make sense with the idea that this allows smaller whales to feel king of the pond by going for Immortal in dead servers while larger whales struggle it out elsewhere. I can tell there is at least a dozen serious whales in my server (by just seeing how far they have cleared Challenge Rifts). I am fully expecting to be murdered today in the Shadow War (should have joined Immortals got invite by both the main and one of the support clans but had chosen Shadow just minutes earlier)
    Yes, most gacha games intentionally create tons of servers.
    One hope is that some whales will spend multiple times on many servers. This is sick !

    This is a big negative to me.
    I cannot believe how low Blizzard becomes.

  12. #2532
    Yeah, it's not like they expected the Diablo game being popular, no need for extra servers for that. D3 has taught them nothing.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  13. #2533
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    34,886
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmor...ith_other_rpg/

    How is D:I meant to compete in the mobile market long term?

    How is this meant to compete with other RPG mobile games long term?

    Look at Genshin Impact for instance. It provides roadmap, communication and generous F2P rewards to keep casual players engage[d]. It has been a very popular game for nearly 2 years now and they still treat it as top priority.

    This game however has no roadmap, no communication and awful F2P rewards despite being brand new. Terrible first impression to the mobile gamers. They will drop this so fast seeing as they have no loyalty to a PC company like Blizzard where they'll move back to Genshin Impact or any RPG that proves a better live service. The retention rate must be awful.
    The D:I team has been mostly silent, aside from Wyatt Chang being intellectually dishonest and the D:I facebook account trying to claim the game isn't pay to win. Not really great public presence when that's the only thing they're putting out.

    This game made $25M in the first two weeks among all the countries it released in. It still hasn't hit China yet, but the China release is being handled by a different company, so who knows how much they'll get out of that. 25m SOUNDS like a lot, but it's a pittance. This game has been in development for 5 years and cost WAY MORE than $25M to make. The game will be lucky to break even on development costs. But overall, it seems D:I has been an absolute failure all around.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2022-06-23 at 02:10 PM.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

  14. #2534
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    How is D:I meant to compete in the mobile market long term?
    I don't remember Hearthstone having a public roadmap either. Redditors gonna reddit.

    Yes, the game raking $25m in two weeks mostly in Western market (mostly US) is abandonware.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  15. #2535
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmor...ith_other_rpg/

    How is D:I meant to compete in the mobile market long term?



    The D:I team has been mostly silent, aside from Wyatt Chang being intellectually dishonest and the D:I facebook account trying to claim the game isn't pay to win. Not really great public presence when that's the only thing they're putting out.

    This game made $25M in the first two weeks among all the countries it released in. It still hasn't hit China yet, but the China release is being handled by a different company, so who knows how much they'll get out of that. 25m SOUNDS like a lot, but it's a pittance. This game has been in development for 5 years and cost WAY MORE than $25M to make. The game will be lucky to break even on development costs. But overall, it seems D:I has been an absolute failure all around.
    https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-immor...nt-soon-327473

    Here you go

  16. #2536
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    34,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

    Yes, the game raking $25m in two weeks mostly in Western market (mostly US) is abandonware.
    Yep, I don't see this game going anywhere long term.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    My guess is they made free to play incredibly punishing (since you can't get shit as f2p long term) so people would swipe swipe swipe and now that they're entering the "I've beat the game so now what am I gonna do but grind?" phase, they're going to be making f2p much more rewarding now that the whales have had their fill.

    That would be the SMART thing to do at least, but I don't trust Bli$$ard to be smart. I see an equal chance that it'll just be an even bigger time waster with more incentives to swipe.

    Also, "We're adding some free content soon" is crumbs compared to what many games give as roadmaps. But at least it's communication.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

  17. #2537
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Yep, I don't see this game going anywhere long term.
    Blizzard can barely bother to update or do much of anything with even it's most lucrative games. like, they made billions from Overwatch loot boxes, and look at the pathetic state that whole situation is in.

    Hearthstone seems to be the only game that gets the attention it deserves. as soon as Diablo 4 comes out and probably well before then no one will be playing this.

  18. #2538
    The game isn't going anywhere.

    Whales will keep it a nice money earner for a long time similar to other mobile games that continue to grow in size post release
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  19. #2539
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The game isn't going anywhere.

    Whales will keep it a nice money earner for a long time similar to other mobile games that continue to grow in size post release
    Depends on if it releases in China or not. Either way, they're working on their first update - https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmor...dates/idc3dih/

    Unsurprisingly, focused on the BP.

    For context on the importance of the Chinese market: D:I generated around $24M in revenue in its first two weeks of release on mobile (not including PC). Genshin Impact, in its first week after its mobile launch (apparently not including PC/console sales) generated $60M in revenue. Twice as much in half the time.

  20. #2540
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    For context on the importance of the Chinese market: D:I generated around $24M in revenue in its first two weeks of release on mobile (not including PC). Genshin Impact, in its first week after its mobile launch (apparently not including PC/console sales) generated $60M in revenue. Twice as much in half the time.
    For additional context, it was released worldwide (primarily in China), and like any Asian game it had preregistrations - a.k.a. hype train. And it's an Anime game - that market is bigger than dark Diablo niche.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •