Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    But D:I isn't going to be dead in a month because of its predatory marketing schemes. It's going to be dead in a month because it's a boring and uninspired Diablo 3 copy paste.
    Hmms...

But the word "boring", though. D2 was hardly the epitome of "interesting" was it, but it succeeded where D3 and D:I have failed.

Personally, my problem with D:I is that there's no sense of threat. You die. You res by the boss and carry on. Anyone remember Save-Exit Out?

The game got banned in China, don't know why but thank fucking God

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The game got banned in China, don't know why but thank fucking God

Some reports claiming is because the Weibou account mocked/made fun of Xi Jinpig.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmor..._due_to_their/

https://www.dexerto.com/diablo/diabl...nping-1856698/

Supermassive L-O-L if true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Williams View Post
    Personally, my problem with D:I is that there's no sense of threat. You die. You res by the boss and carry on. Anyone remember Save-Exit Out?

So... like every other Diablo game as well.

Nobody has been able to present any evidence of the game being banned in china, you're getting clickbaited. That reddit thread was even edited to state the game isn't confirmed to be banned, and that was hours ago when I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Nobody has been able to present any evidence of the game being banned in china, you're getting clickbaited. That reddit thread was even edited to state the game isn't confirmed to be banned, and that was hours ago when I saw it.
    People will believe what they want to believe if it's shown to them. Even if the very post says something different at the end.

So I've still only paid for the Battlepass. I'm at top 30 rank in PvP on my server. I think there is exactly one thing a whale MAY have that really fucks up PvP and that is Seeping Bile. Free access to a DoT makes it much harder to heal (and D:I PvP is very much about knowing when to retreat and bandage up). Next week I'll probably have a chance at the Rite of War and then I'll have to face the whales for real so I'll see how bad it is when almost the entire other team is a whale (though I am sure there will be plenty of whales at my side).

I want to add, 24 million does not at all seem impressive to me. If this was a Diablo 3 expansion (especially with cross platform integration) and included a cheap monthly battle pass at about 5-6$ with a premium cosmetic option at 15$, I am certain it would have made much more than that so far.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-06-27 at 05:30 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I want to add, 24 million does not at all seem impressive to me. If this was a Diablo 3 expansion (especially with cross platform integration) and included a cheap monthly battle pass at about 5-6$ with a premium cosmetic option at 15$, I am certain it would have made much more than that so far.
    $24M is a number that is one week old.

And apparently you are completely ignoring production costs. D3 expansion is more expensive to produce.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    $24M is a number that is one week old.

And apparently you are completely ignoring production costs. D3 expansion is more expensive to produce.
    It would also have had a box price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    People will believe what they want to believe if it's shown to them. Even if the very post says something different at the end.
    While I doubt there is anything official yet, I don't think DI not making it into China is at all improbable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    There's as much evidence as any other rumour on the rumour mill, most of them end up being true. It is a fact that the weibo account is banned from making new posts permanently as per its current status, and it is a fact that the game has been delayed for an unannounced length of time by Blizzard. Does the rest of the rumour really seem so far fetched?

You're right though, it's not confirmed. Not sure why you'd think it's not likely though.

We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It would also have had a box price.
    And no guarantee it would sell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Why? Everybody with a brain knows that it takes ALL your money to max out a character in a f2p game. The maxing out never ENDS.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Williams View Post
    Hmms...

But the word "boring", though. D2 was hardly the epitome of "interesting" was it, but it succeeded where D3 and D:I have failed.

D2 was supremely innovative and ground breaking in many ways in the year 2000. It was most certainly interesting to audiences back then. There were basically only two choices if you wanted an MMO, and a small handful of choices of PC games that you could play online with your friends when it released. People may play D2 Resurrected and think "Man this game is kinda meh" but for its time, it was a fucking massively groundbreaking game. It was the first game with mass appeal where you could boot up the game and jump in and progress/gear up with your friends.

That's the thing, old Blizzard was such an amazingly innovative team, taking risks and doing things nobody else was doing. They saw the appeal of online gaming as they were online gamers in a world where there were so few of those. The Blizzard of today are a bunch of scripters and designers with a lot of passion (they'd have to be to accept the absolutely terrible wages Blizzard pays) but ultimately that Blizzard "punch" hasn't hit in a decade.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2022-06-27 at 06:22 AM.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Dont tell me someone payed more than half a million to discover that what a obscene game i hope its banned in more countries.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    honestly gameplay is pretty good
    How low are your standards? Holy shit

Making money at someone else's expense is literally stealing or slavery. While capitalism is about trade and exchange of services for money.
    You get fun for money out of games.
    Considering how bad the ratio of fun to money is in Immoral, including the fact that the "fun" is gated behind giving them 25 dollars every 5 minutes, there's no option there. To have fun in the game, you're forced to continue offering them money. There's no choice in that, because the paywall is not avoidable through additional time put in. You cannot grind out legendary crests for gem runs in any way that I've seen, you have to simply wait until they give you the monthly run from that vendor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Depends on if it releases in China or not. Either way, they're working on their first update - https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmor...dates/idc3dih/

Unsurprisingly, focused on the BP.

For context on the importance of the Chinese market: D:I generated around $24M in revenue in its first two weeks of release on mobile (not including PC). Genshin Impact, in its first week after its mobile launch (apparently not including PC/console sales) generated $60M in revenue. Twice as much in half the time.
    Plus tbh, Genshin Impact is a game that feels like it has more effort put into it and has grown continuously. The same cannot be said about Immoral. The story, visuals, animations, are all genuinely good relative to the competition. Immoral was essentially offering none of that with a bigger paywall. A blatant cashgrab.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Considering how bad the ratio of fun to money is in Immoral.
    If you are not getting fun for your money - bring your money elsewhere. That's entirely your responsibility. A fun producer cannot please everyone.

If you are not getting fun for your money - bring your money elsewhere. That's entirely your responsibility. A fun producer cannot please everyone.
    Or, we could continue to complain, downvote and impact Blizzard's bottom line as much as possible in the hopes that it meaningfully impacts them enough to change behavior, since what we want is a good Diablo game without shit monetization!

I still have literally no fucking clue what you are doing in this thread.

Yeah, it's like breaking the windows of the PARTICULAR store because it doesn't have the brand of product you want.

Yeah, it's like breaking the windows of the PARTICULAR store because it doesn't have the brand of product you want.
    Yeah.. no.

It's like "breaking the window" of a particular store that DOES have the product you want, but decided to mark it up 5000% and make it worse. Oh, and they give away a trial version missing 90% of the parts. Oh, and it's not like breaking windows, it's like giving bad reviews for bad business practice. So.. yeah. Exactly like your analogy, only different in every way.

That's the definition of not having the product you want. You want the same thing but cheaper. But that's not what the store offers. So it's not the product you want.