The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If you're unable to realize the art in your mind, you lack talent and/or skill in the artistic medium.
    Wrong. The skill can be used to copy. In fact the only way to tell if a painting is real or fake - is to check the age of the canvas and paint. Art doesn't need to come from one's mind. You are digging a deep hole here and you are in it.

And I don't wish to repeat myself in DMs either. To get back to the topic - the game is objectively good irregardless if some people don't like it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except you do have to "deal" with it, because the game offers you promotions, and advertises its microtransactions, its sales. Not to mention that, if you're playing competitively, you either have to spend money into the game, or settle for the fact that you'll never be near the top.

I simply don't see it as an issue, it's so easy to just ignore the advertisements.

And lets face it, not that many people play this competitively. PC gamers are competitive, but not very interested in Immortal. Mobile players are interested, but not very competitive.

Extremely few care about being top, and I sure don't for the vast, vast majority, it's not an issue at all
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I simply don't see it as an issue, it's so easy to just ignore the advertisements.
    Except you can't "ignore" them. You still need to close them when they pop on your screen, don't you?

And lets face it, not that many people play this competitively. PC gamers are competitive, but not very interested in Immortal. Mobile players are interested, but not very competitive.

Extremely few care about being top, and I sure don't for the vast, vast majority, it's not an issue at all
    If I were you, I wouldn't go around making sweep generalizations with nothing to go on but "your gut".

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Wrong. The skill can be used to copy. In fact the only way to tell if a painting is real or fake - is to check the age of the canvas and paint. Art doesn't need to come from one's mind. You are digging a deep hole here and you are in it.

And I don't wish to repeat myself in DMs either. To get back to the topic - the game is objectively good irregardless if some people don't like it.
    You're back to the strategy of repeating lies until people can't be bothered correcting you anymore.

There is no skill or talent on Earth that doesn't at some point require a subjective value-based assessment of the worth of that skill or talent.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-07-18 at 09:35 PM.

aah the faultiness of ignore button on this forum. then again, if it worked properly this thread would be dead for me, but I digress.

people who think mobile game players are not competitive - have not played an actual mobile game beyond maybe candy crush or bejeweled or solitaire or something like that and thinks that's all there is to mobile gaming (not knocking those games, they are fun, but not the only kind of game you find on your phone). if anything mobile gamers are MORE competitive then PC gamers, which is why they are willing to spend so much money to STAY competitive. That's why immortal was originally meant to be mobile only. meanwhile... my personal introduction to just how ......lets say interesting... mobile games can get with their monetization was clash of clans years ago. I don't play that game anymore, haven't in years, I've since played other games... and people are willing to throw so much money at these games.... this is literally why Blizzard decided to go mobile with immortal. the profit potential is that much higher, because mobile players are willing to spend more to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    aah the faultiness of ignore button on this forum. then again, if it worked properly this thread would be dead for me, but I digress.

people who think mobile game players are not competitive - have not played an actual mobile game beyond maybe candy crush or bejeweled or solitaire or something like that and thinks that's all there is to mobile gaming (not knocking those games, they are fun, but not the only kind of game you find on your phone). if anything mobile gamers are MORE competitive then PC gamers, which is why they are willing to spend so much money to STAY competitive. That's why immortal was originally meant to be mobile only. meanwhile... my personal introduction to just how ......lets say interesting... mobile games can get with their monetization was clash of clans years ago. I don't play that game anymore, haven't in years, I've since played other games... and people are willing to throw so much money at these games.... this is literally why Blizzard decided to go mobile with immortal. the profit potential is that much higher, because mobile players are willing to spend more to stay competitive.
    Because mobile players are not educated consumers mostly in regards of companies fucking them up and manipulating. If everything i know is mobile p2w shit, cant be bothered to research (because life happens) then my margin of tolerance would be "this is what it is" and just roll with it or quit gaming.

They deliberately try to exploit uneducated and vulnerable for profit. This is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Because mobile players are not educated consumers mostly in regards of companies fucking them up and manipulating. If everything i know is mobile p2w shit, cant be bothered to research (because life happens) then my margin of tolerance would be "this is what it is" and just roll with it or quit gaming.

They deliberately try to exploit uneducated and vulnerable for profit. This is disgusting.
    not arguing your point entirely. arguing the idea that mobile gamers are not competitive. they absolutely are. there are discord servers for various games, active subreddits, youtube accounts that specialize in strategies for said mobile games, etc.

not arguing your point entirely. arguing the idea that mobile gamers are not competitive. they absolutely are. there are discord servers for various games, active subreddits, youtube accounts that specialize in strategies for said mobile games, etc.
    Yeah, i made a sweep generalization, i know.

10+ Year Old Account

Nah man, not that simple, I'm gonna hit you with some cold hearted truths.

Exploiting vulnerable and weak people is wrong, true.

Exploiting stupid and uneducated people is a GOOD THING though, that's human progress and an incentive to get educated and smarter.

Nothing more dangerous for the world and humanity than letting stupid and uneducated get a head in life, they SHOULD be suffering, there should be 0 empathy for them and their idiotic life choices.

Also, what "weak" people are they targeting? Nothing in their marketing that targets like children, old or sick people now is there? It's not like they say like "Hey kids look over here at this cuddly bear you get for just 9,99 dollars" or "Buy this and get your minds away from your cancer"...
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2022-07-22 at 03:16 PM.
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Nah man, not that simple, I'm gonna hit you with some cold hearted truths.

Exploiting vulnerable and weak people is wrong, true.

Exploiting stupid and uneducated people is a GOOD THING though, that's human progress and an incentive to get educated and smarter.

Nothing more dangerous for the world and humanity than letting stupid and uneducated get a head in life, they SHOULD be suffering, there should be 0 empathy for them and their idiotic life choices.

Also, what "weak" people are they targeting? Nothing in their marketing that targets like children, old or sick people now is there? It's not like they say like "Hey kids look over here at this cuddly bear you get for just 9,99 dollars" or "Buy this and get your minds away from your cancer"...
    Wow. Just wow. If I hadn't seen so many of your other posts, I'd assume this was an over the top attempt to ridicule people like you by making a charicature of a human being. All you need a mustache to twirl and you'd be cartoon levels of evil.

But I've read your other posts. There is no implied /s at the end of this. You geniunely believe this is a reasonable position for a human being to take. I wonder what happened in your upbringing to make you think about other people in this way. My only hope is that you are at least young, and there's a chance you'll grow out of this with a bit more life experience.

In the meantime, the lack of empathy is frightening. Are you behaving like this with people in the real world? Because I'd run a mile if a met someone giving off these kind of vibes.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Wow. Just wow. If I hadn't seen so many of your other posts, I'd assume this was an over the top attempt to ridicule people like you by making a charicature of a human being. All you need a mustache to twirl and you'd be cartoon levels of evil.

But I've read your other posts. There is no implied /s at the end of this. You geniunely believe this is a reasonable position for a human being to take. I wonder what happened in your upbringing to make you think about other people in this way. My only hope is that you are at least young, and there's a chance you'll grow out of this with a bit more life experience.

In the meantime, the lack of empathy is frightening. Are you behaving like this with people in the real world? Because I'd run a mile if a met someone giving off these kind of vibes.
    You're replying to a guy, who doesn't think addiction is a disease, and has made it abundantly clear, that he's not swayed by any argument. Which is a stance you have to take, because the real world is much more complex and nuanced, than what he makes it out to be. With this guys logic, skin cancer is not a disease, because you've made the choice exposing yourself to the sun.

Fortunately, most developed countries (outside US) have a socialized healthcare system in place to help.

Is addiction a disease?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackcoffin View Post
    You're replying to a guy, who doesn't think addiction is a disease, and has made it abundantly clear, that he's not swayed by any argument. Which is a stance you have to take, because the real world is much more complex and nuanced, than what he makes it out to be. With this guys logic, skin cancer is not a disease, because you've made the choice exposing yourself to the sun.

Fortunately, most developed countries (outside US) have a socialized healthcare system in place to help.

Is addiction a disease?
    Really, this discussion again? Watch the South Park episode ”Bloody Mary” they give an easy to understand answer to why addiction is not a disease.

You can quit your addiction any time, if you can’t you are weak, is weakness a disease to you as well?

- - - Updated - - -

I’m quite old, my patience with people have run out long ago. We see stupid people ruin the world and now the game industry.

In 2022 it’s trendy to be offended, it’s trendy to be a victim. The phrase ”man up” has lost it’s importance. The world is sickening right now.

And now these offended people wanna ruin great games like Immortal just because they lack discipline IRL to handle it.

Letting weak and stupid be in charge is dangerous, look at Joe Biden, he’s the most pathetic weak world leader of all time, his weakness alone caused the war in Ukraine. We should not reward weakness, it sounds cold but it’s needed.

You guys wanna help the addicts and punish the big companies like Blizzard, that’s messed up. Blizzard deliver joy to millions and you rather take that away just to help weakling addicts who cry they have a ”disease” rather than take responsibility for their own lives.

Pisses me off beyond what I can describe with words.

Really, this discussion again? Watch the South Park episode ”Bloody Mary” they give an easy to understand answer to why addiction is not a disease.
    Ah yes the same show that gave us the cure for SARS; chicken noodle soup, Sprite and Dayquil. I mean it was a weird direction turn for the show to change from being a comedy to a medical dramedy that focused on solving medical issues of our time.

Then there was the episode about the medical treatment for ADD being violence and yelling at a child.

I'm sure there are more episodes of medical breakthroughs being explored in this wonderful show. If you want I can go and find more cures for you or maybe you can realize the show is a fucking comedy and the people that make the show are not fucking medical professionals.

And I'm not even going to bother responding to the rest of your post where you go into crazy old man 'get off my lawn' drivel and veer into politics and other nonsense. Jesus fucking christ.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2022-07-23 at 02:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Ah yes the same show that gave us the cure for SARS; chicken noodle soup, Sprite and Dayquil. I mean it was a weird direction turn for the show to change from being a comedy to a medical dramedy that focused on solving medical issues of our time.

Then there was the episode about the medical treatment for ADD being violence and yelling at a child.

I'm sure there are more episodes of medical breakthroughs being explored in this wonderful show. If you want I can go and find more cures for you or maybe you can realize the show is a fucking comedy and the people that make the show are not fucking medical professionals.

And I'm not even going to bother responding to the rest of your post where you go into crazy old man 'get off my lawn' drivel and veer into politics and other nonsense. Jesus fucking christ.
    It’s more of a serious show than a comedy, and I fully agree, addicition is real but it’s no disease. All it takes is devotion and discipline and anyone can quit, if you can’t, you are weak not sick.

So back to the topic, there is nothing disgusting in this P2W, they are selling something that no one is forced to buy, simple as that.

Luckely this game is making a lot of money and is nowhere close to dying, already therr are less haters cause most luckely gave up.

You can keep up some hate here if you want, Blizzard will win in the end, and it’s a victory for the free market and in so also a victory for freedom!

Interesting how many sociopaths and psychos show up in those kind of discussion isnt it?

so on top of extreme hoarder you are sociopath...get profesional psychological help
    or actualy, per your own advice how to deal with stupid people, suffer

I’m quite old, my patience with people have run out long ago. We see stupid people ruin the world and now the game industry.

In 2022 it’s trendy to be offended, it’s trendy to be a victim. The phrase ”man up” has lost it’s importance. The world is sickening right now.

And now these offended people wanna ruin great games like Immortal just because they lack discipline IRL to handle it.

Letting weak and stupid be in charge is dangerous, look at Joe Biden, he’s the most pathetic weak world leader of all time, his weakness alone caused the war in Ukraine. We should not reward weakness, it sounds cold but it’s needed.

You guys wanna help the addicts and punish the big companies like Blizzard, that’s messed up. Blizzard deliver joy to millions and you rather take that away just to help weakling addicts who cry they have a ”disease” rather than take responsibility for their own lives.

Pisses me off beyond what I can describe with words.
    Ah, that explains it then. You're one of the "I'm going to call every group of people on the planet snowflakes, while complaining about literally everything and hearing nothing but the whooshing sound as the irony of that position flies over my head" crowd. You probably thought Trump was a tough leader and a man to be admired as well?

At least we can comfortably ignore your opinion on literally everything now. Thanks for clearing this up.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting how many sociopaths and psychos show up in those kind of discussion isnt it?

Interesting how brainwashed some people are by media and streamers, so much that you call us capitalists who defend companies psychos...

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, that explains it then. You're one of the "I'm going to call every group of people on the planet snowflakes, while complaining about literally everything and hearing nothing but the whooshing sound as the irony of that position flies over my head" crowd. You probably thought Trump was a tough leader and a man to be admired as well?

At least we can comfortably ignore your opinion on literally everything now. Thanks for clearing this up.
    You are going off topic, but yes Trump was the best president the US ever had. He truly understood freedom and that limitations and regulations on companies is a bad thing.

This is a bit relevant tho to the topic. If most people here could rule the world, you would forbid not just P2W but all of MTX and you would punish companies like Blizzard who have clever businenss ideas (that you call unethical).

That’s north korea thinking. The beauty of the western world most of us live in is freedom, the freedom to make any company, the freedom to make money any way you can! Blizzard are living the American dream, which is really the western dream as it also applies to many of us in Europe, that should be admired, not looked down on...

I don't think I will ever stop being amused in a very morbid way at a COMEDY CARTOON being used as counterpoint to actual scientific data.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-07-23 at 04:17 PM.

I don't think I will ever stop being amused in a very morbid way at a COMEDY CARTOON being used as counterpoint to actual scientific data.
    That's his level of intelligence. Can't help it.