1. #3241
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    The biggest problem I have is not that people hate the P2W system, but that they cannot ignore it and see the amazing game behind it. Immortal is absolutely one of my favorite games of all time, it's freaking amazing, and people hate on it.

    I got 0,3% user score on meta critic, when that score should be 90%+, it really makes me upset.
    Youre delusionnal. D:I is a watered down Diablo 3 copy at its base. It's a mediocre game without the MTX bullshit, with them it's an insult to gaming. And just as i predicted, everyone i know has dropped it after 2-3 weeks. They all complained that it just gets hella boring after you've put 20-30hours in. Even as F2P players, free is a price too high to pay for playing a bad game. It hard to believe the same company who released a trendsetter like Hearthstone also released a turd like Diablo Immortal.

  2. #3242
    The Lightbringer Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,484
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramickias View Post
    Youre delusionnal. D:I is a watered down Diablo 3 copy at its base. It's a mediocre game without the MTX bullshit, with them it's an insult to gaming. And just as i predicted, everyone i know has dropped it after 2-3 weeks. They all complained that it just gets hella boring after you've put 20-30hours in. Even as F2P players, free is a price too high to pay for playing a bad game. It hard to believe the same company who released a trendsetter like Hearthstone also released a turd like Diablo Immortal.
    I think Immortal is an improved version of D3, by far the best Diablo game ever made. My clan is still extremely active, with only people over paragon 100 and hundreds of hours played.

    If you think it's bad you haven't played it enough.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

  3. #3243
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    A presidents job is to make his/hers citizens feel safe, and to give his/hers country a good economy. Who cares about morality for a president, that's not relevant to him/her. I don't want a nice president, I want a president who make my country better, who make my life better. Trump was hard as stone, Putin never dared mess with the US or any country in Europe when he was in charge. He was a mean bastard, but he fixed the economy, the US was financially great with him in charge.

    But I do understand how people like you reason, you are not alone, there are millions of people like you, you have other values and I get you defend them.

    The CORE question of Diablo Immortal really comes down to Company vs Players, what is more important? Is the P2W good for the companies, yes, is it good for the players, no. But what's more important?

    A bunch of gamers who are all, lets face it, pretty privilieged since we can afford this hobby, just playing stuff for fun.

    Or companies, who keep billions of people over the world employed, who create jobs and opportunities as well as generate a lot of tax-money that helps the countries. Who also deliver products which often have good quality that most of us enjoys.

    I believe it's more important that companies have freedom to do more things, and to have whatever monetization thing they want, rather than regulating them. Do you truly believe it's good to start punishing companies for lack of ethics? What do you think will be the results? Nothing positive I can think of. Yeah, we might get better games, but big deal, we gonna have less games, and many, many people are gonna lose their jobs etc. It's not worth it.

    And I get it, I am the bad guy here, cause I defend companies, while most people here only side with other players. I am a gamer too, but I realize there are more important things in life than video games, like global economics and freedom.
    You should play cyberpunk. It shows quite good what would happen if you give corporations too much leeway.

  4. #3244
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I got 0,3% user score on meta critic, when that score should be 90%+, it really makes me upset.
    You shouldn't be upset that a game gets any kind of score unless you are a shareholder. The game could be the next coming of Jesus but because it has a shit monetization system that will weight it down. A rotten apple spoils the bunch and even if everything else was perfect the monetization is still part of the game and it will be judged on it.

    If you like the game fine go play it and stop trying to defend it cause others (and it seems a vast majority's) opinion on it is different than yours.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - GTX 1660 Super - 16GB DDR4 - 1TBHD/512GB M.2SSD

  5. #3245
    this game honestly has two things going for it. combat is fun, but it also happens to be essentially D3 combat slightly sped up or so it feels like at the moment. and its a new story in a diablo world, even though its relatively short and side stories are mostly repetitive. but once you finish the story, what is there left? and yes you can say there isn't much left in D3 either, but at least if I'm into the whole collecting loot thing - D3 actualy drops it. and if I want to try harder difficulties, I'm not forced to group for them I can even craft a lot of the gear, including sets - something DI doesn't have.

    pvp you say? well... if not for that whole p2w system, you have highly limited times when you can even participate in pvp at all and if you cannot play during those times, you are fucked, and then there IS a p2w system on top of that.

    the game is fun for a bit and then you realize just how shallow and tedious it gets and... /shrug. monetization in DI is awful. but... its not even close to an amazing game even if you take it out of equation

  6. #3246
    Quote Originally Posted by zabunda View Post
    Wait, are you really so dumb to believe this? Wow. All onn/newsmax has to do is feed you shit sprinkled poop flakes and you’d call it the best thing since sliced bread. Go do some research yourself. Biden has been a rather ineffective president, but weakest? Absolutely not. And trump was among the worst presidents objectively speaking. Primarily due to his lack of respect of the constitution and lack of morality.
    But you keep drinking that poop flavored coolaid with a shit stained mustache and smile and call it the best drink ever!
    Another person who has no idea what "objectively" means. There seems to be a lot of those on this forum. Trump was a thousand times better than Biden or Obama.

    However, on the actual topic, I have to agree with the majority here. Regardless of how fun it may be, the greedy pay to win model is impossible to ignore.

  7. #3247
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No, it's objective by the data. Bad systems don't survive. Therefore the current systems are creme de la creme. Your opinion of them is subjective though. As is mine.
    This only works if you define “good” to mean “profittable”.

  8. #3248
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    this game honestly has two things going for it. combat is fun, but it also happens to be essentially D3 combat slightly sped up or so it feels like at the moment. and its a new story in a diablo world, even though its relatively short and side stories are mostly repetitive. but once you finish the story, what is there left? and yes you can say there isn't much left in D3 either, but at least if I'm into the whole collecting loot thing - D3 actualy drops it. and if I want to try harder difficulties, I'm not forced to group for them I can even craft a lot of the gear, including sets - something DI doesn't have.

    pvp you say? well... if not for that whole p2w system, you have highly limited times when you can even participate in pvp at all and if you cannot play during those times, you are fucked, and then there IS a p2w system on top of that.

    the game is fun for a bit and then you realize just how shallow and tedious it gets and... /shrug. monetization in DI is awful. but... its not even close to an amazing game even if you take it out of equation
    This pretty much. All Diablo games suffer from the exact same problem and that is no meaningful endgame.
    You get better gear, turn the difficulty up, get better gear, turn the difficulty up, get better gear, turn the difficulty up and so on. The big problem is that difficulty 1 is the same shit as difficulty 10000, with only higher numbers, so there's little to no point to keep going. D2 at least had the resistances and stuff which made it a little different.
    D:I had a chance because it has PvP, but since the P2W elements are not disabled in PvP it's just pure shit. Like wtf is the point to pvp if the biggest factor to success is which team spent the most money?

  9. #3249
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    This only works if you define “good” to mean “profittable”.
    Wrong. You have to go a level above profits - to see what's actually profitable. Bad games are not profitable, and if a bad game developer goes with the "box price" scam to sell a piece of shit by hyping the nonexistent game (these things happened in the past) they get scorched. Similar things happen with crowdfunding, *cough* star citizen *cough*

    So if a game is profitable, and it's not a box price scam - it's objectively good game. Even if you don't like it. That's just your subjective taste.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  10. #3250
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,512
    I finally got my character up to paragon level 100! I do think they are improving the progression system for each Diablo game and I think that some of the new features in Diablo Immortal will make it into Diablo 4.

    I just looked at my credit card statement and found that I've spent on average $15 a week. People act like this is bad because it's more costly than an average game, but personally I'm glad to be funding a MMORPG. That's what pays the developers and gives them incentive to make more content.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-07-24 at 09:22 PM.

  11. #3251
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Wrong. You have to go a level above profits - to see what's actually profitable. Bad games are not profitable, and if a bad game developer goes with the "box price" scam to sell a piece of shit by hyping the nonexistent game (these things happened in the past) they get scorched. Similar things happen with crowdfunding, *cough* star citizen *cough*

    So if a game is profitable, and it's not a box price scam - it's objectively good game. Even if you don't like it. That's just your subjective taste.
    “Wrong, …[proceeds to equate good to profitable]

  12. #3252
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    “Wrong, …[proceeds to equate good to profitable]
    Wrong. Try reading again. Start with the book Logic 101.
    Not every good game is profitable but every profitable (non-scam) game is good.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  13. #3253
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I finally got my character up to paragon level 100! I do think they are improving the progression system for each Diablo game and I think that some of the new features in Diablo Immortal will make it into Diablo 4.

    I just looked at my credit card statement and found that I've spent on average $15 a week. People act like this is bad because it's more costly than an average game, but personally I'm glad to be funding a MMORPG. That's what pays the developers and gives them incentive to make more content.
    When WoW was making its record profits that didnt translate into more content.

    It translates into bonuses for high brass at the company and shareholders invested
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  14. #3254
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    When WoW was making its record profits that didnt translate into more content.

    It translates into bonuses for high brass at the company and shareholders invested
    Exactly. Companies don't exist to make "good products". They exist to make profits for their owners. And the more profit the better.
    And the goods and service they provide aren't the goal, they are the means to make profit.

    People should stop being little children and treat Blizzard as their best buddy who betrayed them.
    People should grow up and treat Blizzard just like their internet provider or grocery store.

  15. #3255
    The Lightbringer Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    This pretty much. All Diablo games suffer from the exact same problem and that is no meaningful endgame.
    You get better gear, turn the difficulty up, get better gear, turn the difficulty up, get better gear, turn the difficulty up and so on. The big problem is that difficulty 1 is the same shit as difficulty 10000, with only higher numbers, so there's little to no point to keep going. D2 at least had the resistances and stuff which made it a little different.
    D:I had a chance because it has PvP, but since the P2W elements are not disabled in PvP it's just pure shit. Like wtf is the point to pvp if the biggest factor to success is which team spent the most money?
    The meaningful endgame of DI is the Cycle of Strife. A small part of it is PvP.

  16. #3256
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    Damn calling D:I a scam game is legit, probably one of the better descriptors for it.
    Oh do tell, what exactly is the "scam" part?

    Is the game taking your money without permission?

    Are the purchases not as described?

  17. #3257
    Quote Originally Posted by Minifie View Post
    take it up with:

    D:I is not a good game, ergo it has to be a scam game by this logic. QED
    Ah, so no answer. Got it.

  18. #3258
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,146
    DI is not a scam game and it's profitable therefore it's good.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  19. #3259
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,146
    First of all, nothing in what I said suggests that a scam game is automatically bad. A good game can be used as a bait in a scam.
    Second. I was specifically talking about "box price" scam.
    Lastly. DI is free to play.

    So, in what way DI is a scam? And how does that mean it's a bad game?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  20. #3260
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    39,760
    This thread isn't about President Biden, Donald Trump, or any other unrelated real-world politics. Return to the topic at hand: discussing Diablo: Immortal.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •