1. #3341
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I can promise you, there are tons and tons of people all over the world that are right wing like me, it's not like we are a minority. I'd say most successful businessmen (or businesswomen) think like me.

    And what crisis? You think the video game industry is in a crisis? Did you know that the video game industry is actually larger than the movie AND music industry COMBINED. Would hardly call that a crisis.
    On the incredibly minor chance that you are not trolling at this point.... I was obviously not referring to the video game industry facing a crisis.

  2. #3342
    Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    On the incredibly minor chance that you are not trolling at this point.... I was obviously not referring to the video game industry facing a crisis.
    So enlighten me, cause so far you just insulted my values and my sincerity, I believe it's relevant to the discussion and that we aren't off topic yet, what crisis are you refering to?

  3. #3343
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    So enlighten me, cause so far you just insulted my values and my sincerity, I believe it's relevant to the discussion and that we aren't off topic yet, what crisis are you refering to?
    Wait . Are you saying we are being unempathetic toward you? Allow me to pull out my tiny violin so I can play for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    If you have empathy for every single person, then you can never run ANY form of business, cause hey, someone might suffer or get offended. If you take everyones feelings into account you will get nowhere on the market, and your business will very soon fall appart.
    Empathy doesn't require abject rejection of your own needs in order to employ. It just means consideration of the effect on others. It is absolutely possible to be empathetic toward others and run a successful business. It just requires the rejection of profit at all costs and above all considerations.

    There are people who say Blizzard are bad, I say they are good, but I don't go around calling the anti-Blizzard people names, do I? I never called you or anyone else a sociopath or worse, I am open to a discussion, a proper debate.
    This is like when climate change denialist want to debate, or demand equal representation. Nobody wants to debate facts. People call you a sociopath because the positions you argue are sociopathic.

    I know admitting defeat is hard, but you learn this early on if you attend any sort of debate club or class, that whoever turn personal in a debate has already lost it, and at this point I feel people are only turning personal in lack of arguments.
    That's because it is entirely personal. The debate on DI ran it's course by page 10, nothing new has been added to the discussion. All it is now is cyclic rehashing of the same bad arguments. You might believe you've made rational coherent arguments, but you haven't. Like I said probably 80 pages ago, you're that guy that everyone on your side cringes at, wishing you weren't.

  4. #3344
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Like I said probably 80 pages ago, you're that guy that everyone on your side cringes at, wishing you weren't.
    ...sometimes, yeah. ><

  5. #3345
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Wait . Are you saying we are being unempathetic toward you? Allow me to pull out my tiny violin so I can play for you.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Empathy doesn't require abject rejection of your own needs in order to employ. It just means consideration of the effect on others. It is absolutely possible to be empathetic toward others and run a successful business. It just requires the rejection of profit at all costs and above all considerations.


    This is like when climate change denialist want to debate, or demand equal representation. Nobody wants to debate facts. People call you a sociopath because the positions you argue are sociopathic.


    That's because it is entirely personal. The debate on DI ran it's course by page 10, nothing new has been added to the discussion. All it is now is cyclic rehashing of the same bad arguments. You might believe you've made rational coherent arguments, but you haven't. Like I said probably 80 pages ago, you're that guy that everyone on your side cringes at, wishing you weren't.

    So you say it’s no point to discuss this game anymore? I think it does have a point, this game has been falsely slandered on metacrotic and other places and it’s wrong. People have got completely the wrong idea and this wonderful game has suffered, it’s not fair.

    Not surprised you mention climate change, most people here seem left wing and hysterical. ”Oh no climate change will kill us” is really close to ”oh no this kind of mtx will kill the game industry”. I am not denying climate change exist, but we gotta be reasonable about it, we cannot panic and start replacing fossil fuel until the alternativ is cheaper and more efficient. Economy is always gonna be more important than the environment, we need to change our habits but we gotta do it financially smart.

    This is relevant cause I see the same panic here. People denounce Blizzard and other companies far too fast, and don’t take into account what their actions would mean should they have the power.

    People want to ban Immortal, they want to punish ”greedy” companies, they want gambling gone or even all MTX gone, but if you think about it, what could that mean? Companies would lose millions and thousands of people could lose their jobs and that could have further bad effects like homelessness. Cause the CEO wont suffer anyway, just the little guy. And these companies and their employees generate taxes that are needed for the countries.

    People are too emotional and panicky, they don’t realize how important it is fo protect the companies, cause we need them!

  6. #3346
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Economy is always gonna be more important than the environment, we need to change our habits but we gotta do it financially smart.
    Fuck me sideways. So companies making a profit is more important than breathing? Not dying in floods or of heatstroke? We can't do anything to avoid making the world an uninhabitable desert unless we clear it with the head capitalists first?

    And to keep vaguely on topic, at least this ludicrous concept being at the heart of your "philosophy" explains why you have no issue with DI. You literally don't care what damage happens to people, or the games industry, as long as Blizzard keep making money out of it. Ouch.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

  7. #3347
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Fuck me sideways. So companies making a profit is more important than breathing? Not dying in floods or of heatstroke? We can't do anything to avoid making the world an uninhabitable desert unless we clear it with the head capitalists first?

    And to keep vaguely on topic, at least this ludicrous concept being at the heart of your "philosophy" explains why you have no issue with DI. You literally don't care what damage happens to people, or the games industry, as long as Blizzard keep making money out of it. Ouch.

    Climate change will be bad but not for at least 50+ years, we can’t panic now, panic will ruin peoples lives.

    Same with this game, we cannot panic and shut down business ideas, the mtx market needs to be properly reviewed by governments and socioeconomical professors and experts, go give a proper logic based solution and that can take many years.

    We don’t yet know the longtern effect of lets say Immortal. Short time it might ruin some people who lack discipline, but long time this can lead to many positives, like employment, large tax income from increased revenue etc, Diablo Immortal can end up helping far more people than it ruin, we need to wait and see!

  8. #3348
    I hope if D4 needs more money then the once off purchase that they create a 6 month subscription or something. I don't have a problem with companies making money but I have a problem with pay to win. Some whales who have bad gaming skills could love this system however this video is worth a watch, released yesterday. Guy spends $100k but now he cant q for battlegrounds because his char is too strong.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPfEzKebPoU

  9. #3349
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    People are too emotional and panicky, they don’t realize how important it is fo protect the companies, cause we need them!
    This is the kind of person we are dealing with here. Someone who really thinks companies need to be protected.

    It's sad really but i guess some people suck.

  10. #3350
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    I hope if D4 needs more money then the once off purchase that they create a 6 month subscription or something. I don't have a problem with companies making money but I have a problem with pay to win. Some whales who have bad gaming skills could love this system however this video is worth a watch, released yesterday. Guy spends $100k but now he cant q for battlegrounds because his char is too strong.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPfEzKebPoU
    Imagine spending 100k to then be able to play less then the ftp players lmao. Crazy fucking money to spend on a game like immortal though just to kill everyone in bg's but yeah all it takes is a couple whales like him.

    And some people say its not ptw he has played 300 games and lost 3 one to dc and two not paying attention, you stand absolutely no chance against whales like him.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-08-02 at 01:26 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

  11. #3351
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    This is the kind of person we are dealing with here. Someone who really thinks companies need to be protected.

    It's sad really but i guess some people suck.

    You sound very spoiled and entitled. Who pays your salary? Who pays your parents salary? Who keeps people employed so they can pay tax and make society work? It's the companies! The world would fall appart completely if you start punishing companies. If you take away their incentive to make money, they will all shrink or disband and people lose their jobs.

  12. #3352
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Yeah, the whole weird tough guy act kinda falls apart when you see their complaints in other threads about raiding being too hard or having too many mounts in the game is literally hell for him because getting them all is too hard.

    Just really awkward when people try to put on that level of tough guy façade.
    I thought that was kinda funny. Especially since he has this angle of "If you have an addiction you are just weak, just quit lol".
    Yet, he demands blizzard stop adding stuff to the collection because he can't stop and has to have 100%.
    Think he whined about inventory and bank space in another where he has multiple of certain things and lots of useless "valuables". Indicating a hoarding addiction as well...

    pot kettle and all that jazz.

  13. #3353
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Who pays your salary? Who pays your parents salary? Who keeps people employed so they can pay tax and make society work? It's the companies!
    And who does the work? Who provides the labor? Who generates that value? Who does the innovating? It's the people!

    Companies are great and all, but they're not some kind of separate entities that descended from the heavens. They're just groupings of individuals doing a job and - if they're lucky - reaping the rewards of it together.

  14. #3354
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    You sound very spoiled and entitled. Who pays your salary? Who pays your parents salary? Who keeps people employed so they can pay tax and make society work? It's the companies! The world would fall appart completely if you start punishing companies. If you take away their incentive to make money, they will all shrink or disband and people lose their jobs.
    You're an absurd simpleton. You claim other people make hysterical, emotional arguments, but you think that the world would fall apart if mega-rich companies and their mega-rich owners made slightly less money. The Koch brothers thank you for your service.

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Climate change will be bad but not for at least 50+ years, we can’t panic now, panic will ruin peoples lives.
    We can't panic later; we'll be dead. Again; you're a simpleton, or you're willingly listening to people with vested interests in doing nothing who are making money from the status quo. Every shred of scientific evidence says we are moving too slowly. You can't just click your fingers and fix climate tomorrow.

    Same with this game, we cannot panic and shut down business ideas, the mtx market needs to be properly reviewed by governments and socioeconomical professors and experts, go give a proper logic based solution and that can take many years.

    We don’t yet know the longtern effect of lets say Immortal. Short time it might ruin some people who lack discipline, but long time this can lead to many positives, like employment, large tax income from increased revenue etc, Diablo Immortal can end up helping far more people than it ruin, we need to wait and see!
    No, we don't. Again; every shred of evidence says that what you are saying is demonstrably ludicrous. Just stop. You're wrong, and everything you say is stupid.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-08-02 at 01:41 PM.

  15. #3355
    Herald of the Titans Rendark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    The world would fall appart completely if you start punishing companies. If you take away their incentive to make money, they will all shrink or disband and people lose their jobs.
    The world is already on fire because of we don't punish companies.

    Making money is fine but most companies don't want to just make money, they want all the money.

  16. #3356
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    You sound very spoiled and entitled. Who pays your salary? Who pays your parents salary? Who keeps people employed so they can pay tax and make society work? It's the companies! The world would fall appart completely if you start punishing companies. If you take away their incentive to make money, they will all shrink or disband and people lose their jobs.
    I actually cannot believe this is being said unironically HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH MAN FUCK ME SIDEWAYS.

    I literally stopped responding before because when I told him the world is facing a crisis under the current system he literally responded with "what crisis?" to which I thought he was trolling but at this point I see I have the honor of talking with a single celled organism who literally thinks climate change is not an issue and we have 50+ years to solve it.

    This is the same person that literally said dumb people should suffer. Holy fuck how is it possible to contain so much irony in a single thread.
    Last edited by Delever; 2022-08-02 at 04:45 PM.

  17. #3357
    The giga whales are discovering a problem with queuing up for battlegrounds to feast on all the plankton aka free to play players. People that have spent so much money thier power level puts them too high up there is no one else to que with. So a clan is gonna hand over immortal title because they can't que for the battleground part of the challenge. Lol.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  18. #3358
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Climate change will be bad but not for at least 50+ years, we can’t panic now, panic will ruin peoples lives.
    https://www.politico.eu/article/exce...ve-hit-europe/
    https://www.newscientist.com/article...and-and-wales/
    https://www.vox.com/22287295/texas-u...-vortex-arctic

    Seems to be having some fairly catastrophic effects now, while its no need to panic, the wait and see approach isn't appropriate when the data clearly points to what will happen. We can make changes about it now, by then it will be too late. You can't put the genie back in the bottle.

    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Same with this game, we cannot panic and shut down business ideas, the mtx market needs to be properly reviewed by governments and socioeconomical professors and experts, go give a proper logic based solution and that can take many years.

    We don’t yet know the longtern effect of lets say Immortal. Short time it might ruin some people who lack discipline, but long time this can lead to many positives, like employment, large tax income from increased revenue etc, Diablo Immortal can end up helping far more people than it ruin, we need to wait and see!
    There is no panic, we've seen a similar trend from smaller mobile developers for years. This is an advancement of the trend, companies that were once respected like Konami, Ubisoft, and now Blizzard following in their footsteps. Putting short-term gains ahead of customer satisfaction and long term product viability. They are cashing in their reputations with it.

    What is there to see, there is nothing revolutionary here, it's overcharging for things players should not be charged for given the genre of the game. It's using psychology against the consumer, not to deliver the best experience but to extract the most money.

    Anyone that thinks you can get $100k worth of value out of this game is crazy in my eyes. One guy that did ended up bricking the game for himself, making it impossible to queue for PvP, which meant the immortals on his server couldn't compete when the time came because he could never finish his initiation and he couldn't pass leadership to anyone else due to the bug. After dropping an entire mortgage on the game, blizzard couldn't be bothered to respond despite his best efforts over a month of raising awareness and using his influence as a content creator to bring additional attention to the threads/tweets. It wasn't until the news media took the story and ran with it that blizzard cared because it was hurting the games image.

    In the end, all it really got him is the same thing you could earn in any other game in the genre totally for free, or at least after buying the game if necessary.

    I spent a fraction of a fraction of what he did on another ARPG, Path of Exile, and you know what it got me?

    I got to spend time with the devs IRL, had a private dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse with them and many VIP guests and content creators from the community, including meeting David Brevik the creator of Diablo himself. They even signed some cards for me as a souvenir.

    I got to design an item that is permanently in the game, with help from the artists and developers to create and balance it.

    A closet half full of branded T-shirts, hoodies, jackets. A binder full of artist signed concept art, developer signed merchandise. More unique in-game cosmetics than I could possibly use in a years worth of seasons, all of which are no longer available even if someone did want them.

    It also got me a VIP ticket to their own convention called ExileCon which was actually about the fans and meeting the developers one-on-one, getting excited about the game and bonding over our enjoyment over it. Unlike the advertisement hell that was Blizzcon, where there was next to zero socializing and no chance to actually talk to devs outside of Q&A panels.

    And none of it ruined the balance of the game for other players. At no point was I strong armed into giving them money, everything about the gameplay itself is totally free. Myself as a player, my time, and my money were all treated with respect. I wasn't smashed in PvP by someone I had no chance against because they dropped more money, I didn't run into timers or limitations that could only be paid to get around, I wasn't tempted to gamble on a lose-lose outcome, nothing about those strategies is good for gaming industry because it puts us in the sights for legislation/laws to be passed that could have detrimental effects because they don't understand the space like we do.
    Last edited by Jerot; 2022-08-05 at 11:20 AM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

  19. #3359
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    Anyone that thinks you can get $100k worth of value out of this game is crazy in my eyes. One guy that did ended up bricking the game for himself, making it impossible to queue for PvP, which meant the immortals on his server couldn't compete when the time came because he could never finish his initiation and he couldn't pass leadership to anyone else due to the bug. After dropping an entire mortgage on the game, blizzard couldn't be bothered to respond despite his best efforts over a month of raising awareness and using his influence as a content creator to bring additional attention to the threads/tweets. It wasn't until the news media took the story and ran with it that blizzard cared because it was hurting the games image.

    In the end, all it really got him is the same thing you could earn in any other game in the genre totally for free, or at least after buying the game if necessary.

    I spent a fraction of a fraction of what he did on another ARPG, Path of Exile, and you know what it got me?

    I got to spend time with the devs IRL, had a private dinner at a Brazilian steakhouse with them and many VIP guests and content creators from the community, including meeting David Brevik the creator of Diablo himself. They even signed some cards for me as a souvenir.

    I got to design an item that is permanently in the game, with help from the artists and developers to create and balance it.

    A closet half full of branded T-shirts, hoodies, jackets. A binder full of artist signed concept art, developer signed merchandise. More unique in-game cosmetics than I could possibly use in a years worth of seasons, all of which are no longer available even if someone did want them.

    It also got me a VIP ticket to their own convention called ExileCon which was actually about the fans and meeting the developers one-on-one, getting excited about the game and bonding over our enjoyment over it. Unlike the advertisement hell that was Blizzcon, where there was next to zero socializing and no chance to actually talk to devs outside of Q&A panels.

    And none of it ruined the balance of the game for other players. At no point was I strong armed into giving them money, everything about the gameplay itself is totally free. Myself as a player, my time, and my money were all treated with respect. I wasn't smashed in PvP by someone I had no chance against because they dropped more money, I didn't run into timers or limitations that could only be paid to get around, I wasn't tempted to gamble on a lose-lose outcome, nothing about those strategies is good for gaming industry because it puts us in the sights for legislation/laws to be passed that could have detrimental effects because they don't understand the space like we do.
    And yet people spend money on mobile games to dominate in PVP or PVE environment, sometimes even when you have no endgame and no competetive modes. You may view them as crazy but as long as they do that - such games will continue to exist, and mobile market is full of them. There are no indicators of it changing anytime soon.

    P.S. I am glad you enjoyed those perks of helping POE developers, though not everyone is interested in such IRL experience.

  20. #3360
    The sad thing is that, after the disappointments of D3 and D:I, I probably won't even bother installing D4.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •