1. #701
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yes, except that the roads aren't made to be overly obtuse and a pain in the ass to travel through for the sole purpose of providing further incentives to pay extra money to use the railways and airplanes.
    Neither are the games. No one will play a game that is pain in the ass to play.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    So you're locked out of content because you didn't pay. Got it. So that answers somebody else's question earlier on if any of the content is gated behind paying.
    And when D4 comes out - you will be locked out of content until you pay.
    Though PvP and leaderboards are not content.
    And you are not locked out of them - you are just a scrub.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  2. #702
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    In D2 duels - yes.
    D3... did not have PvP.



    So you want to play seasonal game where you farm items and paragons... without farming gear and paragons?... and then farm even more items and paragons by your own?
    What kind of logic is that?
    What about play your old characters from previous seasons that are no longer seasonal?
    You do not miss much... unless you want some dogshit transmog wings.
    I farm gear. But gear cap is GR90 and past paragon 1000 GR90 stops to provide 1 paragons per run (which for me is the bare minimum to grind anything above GR90).

    If you are ssf like me and you wanna farm gons you have to invest a huge amount of time and upgrades you find are often really poor stats rise wise.

    I like grinding to an extent. When I see the progress is just too slow, I change class or quit until next season.

  3. #703
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    this! this game might be P2W on the PVP side but on the PVE side it seems fair, its not in your face at all. I play a lot of mobile games and this is not in my face at all. I'm beyond happy with how this game came out after playing it at a couple of Blizzcons. The only annoyance I have so far is the push to group content without queues, and the immortals thing being locked behind PVP but there might be a PVE equivalent? not sure yet.
    I mentioned a bit ago that I was happy and surprised to see that I could create multiple characters (at least one per class) and set several loadouts for each one. Also it looks like you aren't restricted in how you can form groups. Altogether it looks like a feature-complete PvE game for free. It all depends on what the grind is like for completing the campaign.

  4. #704
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I'm sorry but you cannot excuse the monetization in this game when things like PVP and Leaderboards exist. It completely ruins the competitive aspect of two game modes that are inherently competitive. If you don't care about those aspects of the game, then that's perfectly fine and valid, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that they have implemented incredibly predatory monetization that ruins the integrity of their game.
    Just like every other mobile p2w game that has pvp modes

  5. #705
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Neither are the games. No one will play a game that is pain in the ass to play.
    Except they do? The game doesn't start you out by being a pain in the ass. It slowly ramps up its pain in the assery along with the costs to circumvent the pain in the assery the longer you progress and get attached to the time you've invested in the game.

  6. #706
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I'm sorry but you cannot excuse the monetization in this game when things like PVP and Leaderboards exist. It completely ruins the competitive aspect of two game modes that are inherently competitive. If you don't care about those aspects of the game, then that's perfectly fine and valid, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that they have implemented incredibly predatory monetization that ruins the integrity of their game.
    There is a PvP debuff that makes gems, and other stuff, less effective against other players. There will still be a performance gap but the game does make attempts to "equalize" the gap.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    So you're locked out of content because you didn't pay. Got it. So that answers somebody else's question earlier on if any of the content is gated behind paying.
    You are not locked out of content. Not being able to make it on a leaderboard is not the same as being locked out of content. You can PvP for free. You can PvE for free. There is even a PvP buff to reduce the effectiveness of legendary gems and other stats/gear against other players.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #707
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The shortest distance (airplane, train to an extent) is not man made.

    The roads are man made and they are not the shortest distances - making them straight is expensive in rough terrain.
    What a troll.

    So... A developer create a grind and then provides a short cut via cash. Are you really understanding this?

    Distances exist, people make roads, railroads, airports etc so people can travel those NATURAL distancrs faster.

    Its not quite de same right? LOL wth

  8. #708
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Except they do? The game doesn't start you out by being a pain in the ass. It slowly ramps up its pain in the assery along with the costs to circumvent the pain in the assery the longer you progress and get attached to the time you've invested in the game.
    When you start walking, everything is peachy, but then you start to get tired, thirsty and achy. And then there is this section of the road that is blocked off because of construction works and you have to detour thru mud or add extra hour to your travel. You decide to spend the night at the motel and it ain't free. And it is very conveniently placed. Like they planned it. And there's a shop there and a diner. Fucking predatory monetization.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  9. #709
    Warchief Zoibert the Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Basque Country, Spain
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Neither are the games. No one will play a game that is pain in the ass to play.

    - - - Updated - - -



    And when D4 comes out - you will be locked out of content until you pay.
    Though PvP and leaderboards are not content.
    And you are not locked out of them - you are just a scrub.
    At this stage I cannot fathom what is wrong with you other than you may actually work for Blizzard, have a proper fetish of sadistic nature or are just trying to be edgy and contrarian.

  10. #710
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    What a troll.

    So... A developer create a grind and then provides a short cut via cash. Are you really understanding this?
    You say grind as if it's something bad. Is it bad simply because there's a paid shortcut?

    it's always this funny with people like you. Grinding season in D3 like there's no tomorrow - but a grind in a f2p game - IT IS HITLER.

    Devs make the game with grind and everything for player to enjoy playing because they need players because the more people play the game the more people will pay. It's simple math.

    Then they give the shortcuts for money for players who don't want to "regular" player experience.

    In the days of old - we used console commands to give us items or money. And sometimes we just IDDQDIDKFA. Fucking predatory shortcuts.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    At this stage I cannot fathom what is wrong with you other than you may actually work for Blizzard, have a proper fetish of sadistic nature or are just trying to be edgy and contrarian.
    Oh that earily looks like the lyrics to the popular song... hm let me remember what it's called...

    AH

    The Insult by Cognitive Dissonance.

    Great band.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  11. #711
    Warchief Zoibert the Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Basque Country, Spain
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    When you start walking, everything is peachy, but then you start to get tired, thirsty and achy. And then there is this section of the road that is blocked off because of construction works and you have to detour thru mud or add extra hour to your travel. You decide to spend the night at the motel and it ain't free. And it is very conveniently placed. Like they planned it. And there's a shop there and a diner. Fucking predatory monetization.
    Then you learn that the dude who built the road was actually the owner of the motel, the shop, and the diner, and he built the start of the road to make it look nice, then purposely fucked it up so you would either have a miserable time through the mud or end up paying for the motel even though it would've been fine otherwise.

  12. #712
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Then you learn that the dude who built the road was actually the owner of the motel, the shop, and the diner, and he built the start of the road to make it look nice, then purposely fucked it up so you would either have a miserable time through the mud or end up paying for the motel even though it would've been fine otherwise.
    Happens all the time. You see a motel is built on land, and land is also owned and road is on the land and the owner of the land might be very well the owner of that section of the road.

    Now you are getting closer to understanding the peculiarities of life and the inherent unfairness in it.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  13. #713
    Warchief Zoibert the Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Basque Country, Spain
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Oh that earily looks like the lyrics to the popular song... hm let me remember what it's called...

    AH

    The Insult by Cognitive Dissonance.

    Great band.
    I tried to be nice as saying that you are either trolling or actually mentally retarded will get me banned (for the nth time).

    Oh no...!

  14. #714
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    I tried to be nice as saying that you are either trolling or actually mentally retarded will get me banned (for the nth time).

    Oh no...!
    Smart people just move on. No need to get cross. it's not like I'm gonna die if you are not responding.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  15. #715
    Over 9000! Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Twilight Town
    Posts
    9,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Just like every other mobile p2w game that has pvp modes
    I think in Lost Ark all gear and skills are equalized in PVP. That's what they should've done here.

  16. #716
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It would be just another popup when you first start the game, which will ask you to agree to the fact that there's a shop and shop related notifications and functionality inside the game - or the game doesn't start.

    You see with regulations - the company only needs to not be liable for damages. Not to do exactly what you want them to do.
    I am saying it would be good to have not what the most cynical outcome is.
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  17. #717
    Warchief Zoibert the Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Basque Country, Spain
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Smart people just move on. No need to get cross. it's not like I'm gonna die if you are not responding.
    I'm not really that stubborn, but I am somewhat autistic and enjoy being mean to you Elim. I just think there is nothing anyone will say that will make you change your opinion, and that same thing applies to me. As a bear, it is only natural that I tend to verbal aggression, everyone knows that's what bears do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Happens all the time. You see a motel is built on land, and land is also owned and road is on the land and the owner of the land might be very well the owner of that section of the road.

    Now you are getting closer to understanding the peculiarities of life and the inherent unfairness in it.
    Finally, now it makes full fucking sense. Because we all play games because we want more "life", ey? Come on.
    Last edited by Zoibert the Bear; 2022-06-06 at 06:33 PM.

  18. #718
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    So let me get this straight... first F2P mobile game you played ever?

    It's free. You play it for free. You don't want to buy anything - fine. But you dare complain they try to sell you something?

    How about that - if you enjoy the game as much as, say D3, buy stuff worth $60 in the shop (as if you bought the game) and enjoy. Not necessarily in one go. You can pace your patronage.

    Sounds fair?
    No. How about they sell the game for a flat fee, and with that, you get access to all the content and no single player gets a paid advantage.

    Stop simping for awful business practices and anticonsumerism.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  19. #719
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I am saying it would be good to have not what the most cynical outcome is.
    The "cynical" outcome is what you would have if you require it. It would be nice too.

    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    No. How about they sell the game for a flat fee, and with that, you get access to all the content and no single player gets a paid advantage.
    Wait let me get this straight. You don't want to have options? You want them to just charge you in one go the full amount? Simply because you are afraid someone might pay more than you?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  20. #720
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Which is nothing new for a mobile game. However you do get a reward for clearing the first dungeon it just also advertises a "new player" bundle. Does it have to be there? Nope. But not really anything new if you've played mobile games before. Also are you by chance confusing the bundle with the "daily reward" in the shop? This just seems like a rant about "Current-gen" games when DI isn't even a current gen. It is a mobile game which haven't really had any kind of "generation" to them.

    Just come to terms you aren't the target audience and move on. There really isn't a need to rant about it unless you want to be the target audience but also don't want to spend the money.
    It's ok because its mobile!

    fuck off

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •