Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    as opposed to you, whose entire argument here boils down to: "let's allow the absolute worst aspects of the games industry to run rampant, because..... just because."
    I have never said just because and I've repeatedly said it would be nice if Diablo Immortal toned things down. What I've taken issue with is specific arguments made by people because you, and others, think they can say anything they want about the subject even when things are wrong. Just look at how you move the goal posts to insulting me with NFT talk because you can't help but vilify and demonize a person that doesn't agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Log in bonus is nothing new its the fact it's accumulative. So if you want the 30 day reward which is naturally the best reward you would need to buy another boon. Instead of logging in day 31 to get the 30 day reward because you missed a day. Totally fine though should just not buy it and play the game for free right? Which hits a wall at level 40 not even level 60
    Having a streak required to get a bonus is nothing new. Pokemon Go for example rewards you for first catch of the day and gives you a larger bonus on the 7th one. You don't need to buy another boon to get the 30 day reward. Your purchase lasts for 30 days so the 30th day reward would come on day 30. There is also no wall at level 40. There is nothing you need to pay for at level 40 and you can continue to play for free. It is amazing that you praised me for having knowledge of the game when you lack such yourself. Why do you hate something that you don't even understand?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I have never said just because and I've repeatedly said it would be nice if Diablo Immortal toned things down. What I've taken issue with is specific arguments made by people because you, and others, think they can say anything they want about the subject even when things are wrong. Just look at how you move the goal posts to insulting me with NFT talk because you can't help but vilify and demonize a person that doesn't agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Having a streak required to get a bonus is nothing new. You don't need to buy another boon to get the 30 day reward. Your purchase lasts for 30 days so the 30th day reward would come on day 30. There is also no wall at level 40. There is nothing you need to pay for at level 40 and you can continue to play for free. It is amazing that you praised me for having knowledge of the game when you lack such yourself. Why do you hate something that you don't even understand?
    Oh so you're not even gonna try hide you're just here to troll. Nevermind then
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

no, what you take issue with is the way in which people are arguing their points, not the actual points they are making. it's pedantry.

Oh so you're not even gonna try hide you're just here to troll
    How am I here to troll because I counter your incorrect statements with facts? All you are doing is showing that you are interested in nothing but hate. Why are you afraid of discussing things truthfully? Pokemon go has a daily bonus and a bigger one on the 7th day. Daily and "after X days" is a common thing in mobile games. There is no pay wall at level 40 that stops you from playing the game for free.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

How am I here to troll because I counter your incorrect statements with facts? All you are doing is showing that you are interested in nothing but hate. Why are you afraid of discussing things truthfully? Pokemon go has a daily bonus and a bigger one on the 7th day. Daily and "after X days" is a common thing in mobile games. There is no pay wall at level 40 that stops you from playing the game for free.
    Jesus. Why did I even reply to you in the first place.

"Counter my incorrect statements" "interested in nothing but hate"

for pointing out the game has 22 currencies and is designed to buy more so what you do buy isnt even enough to do things in game unless you get the bigger bundles. Thats all provably true

But yea Ill be over here with my incorrect hate filled rant that I apparently hate AND dont understand at the same time. But yeah you're being totally genuine ay lad. Not just here to stir at all. Ay.

Jesus. Why did I even reply to you in the first place.

"Counter my incorrect statements" "interested in nothing but hate"

for pointing out the game has 22 currencies and is designed to buy more so what you do buy isnt even enough to do things in game unless you get the bigger bundles. Thats all provably true

But yea Ill be over here with my incorrect hate filled rant that I apparently hate AND dont understand at the same time. But yeah you're being totally genuine ay lad. Not just here to stir at all. Ay.
    Well....you clearly don't understand, or you're intentionally misrepresenting.

Then you call other people trolls when they correct you.

So yes, you seem like you're just here to scream about the game for the sake of screaming about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    no, what you take issue with is the way in which people are arguing their points, not the actual points they are making. it's pedantry.
    That's because most of the arguments are just people raging, calling names, saying "I can't believe you're shilling!" and "Go kiss Bobby's ass more!" or claiming the game is somehow lying or controlling them.

Very few people have actually sat down and discussed WHY they're so mad. Only that they are, and that some youtuber said so, and that gaming is being destroyed.

You'll notice that the one time someone actually did, I had a pretty good exchange with them. Just 99% of you aren't

- - - Updated - - -

Having a streak required to get a bonus is nothing new. Pokemon Go for example rewards you for first catch of the day and gives you a larger bonus on the 7th one. You don't need to buy another boon to get the 30 day reward. Your purchase lasts for 30 days so the 30th day reward would come on day 30. There is also no wall at level 40. There is nothing you need to pay for at level 40 and you can continue to play for free. It is amazing that you praised me for having knowledge of the game when you lack such yourself. Why do you hate something that you don't even understand?
    Cut the bullshit. You are arguing with everyone and being a pedantic dick because you want to justify spending your time in what you know is a predatory, deeply unethical game. You aren't confident in your decisions and need to lash out at others to justify yourself.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Well....you clearly don't understand, or you're intentionally misrepresenting.

Then you call other people trolls when they correct you.

So yes, you seem like you're just here to scream about the game for the sake of screaming about it.
    I understand just fine that you guys are so far gone you dont see a problem with buying log in bonsues for a start, but even to the point where you'll miss your 30 day reward unless you do log in every day, but hey they also offer the ability to stack said log in bonuses so if you do miss a day dont sweat it.

Or how about the fact the game offers a bundle at the end of every dungeon that starts at 89 cents and slowly ramps up. Because thats what gaming is!

But anyway I could go on but all you're gonna reply with is "Its been done before" "dont play it"

And then when D4 comes out and is just as much of a mess as this game because it made 10 billion dollars I'll want to slap you.

Very few people have actually sat down and discussed WHY they're so mad. Only that they are, and that some youtuber said so, and that gaming is being destroyed.
    again with you clowns, apparently backing our arguments with examples of how this works means we were brain washed by it or something equally fucking stupid. it couldn't possibly be true most of us were NOT thrilled by this games announcement from the get go. no, you're totally addressing people's concerns here honestly. you are totally not being obtuse and out of pocket yourself.

Are you guys really suprised?

That game comes from the guys who brought you boosting runs in MMORPGs you could buy for token gold.

More of the "I got my opinions from youtubers" crowd, I see.
    I formulated my opinions on this game long before youtube videos ever came out.

But we get it. You can't refute any of the points in the video so you just handwave it.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Are you guys really suprised?

That game comes from the guys who brought you boosting runs in MMORPGs you could buy for token gold.
    So i shouldnt have a problem with murder because the gangs are selling drugs also.

Cool cool. Sound logic.

Its not surprising, thats why it sucks so bad. We all know whats gonna happen to D4 and whatever the next game blizz finally actually make.

Lots of game have daily bonuses, sure. Why though does Diablo Immortal seems to be one of the only one that will charge you for more rewards, and then not give them to you at all if you don't login for 30 days without missing a day? No one claimed it stopped you at 40, but its convenient you are able to buy battle pass levels and get an EXP boost. Even though they explicitly said there were no ways to buy experience or gear. Just more misrepresentation of facts to fit a narrative.

Even if YOU aren't paying, it doesn't mean you aren't affected by people who are paying getting screwed over by shitty business practices. If they scare off all the paying customers, who is going to support the game?

It's exactly this "blizzard can do no wrong" mentality that let them slip as far as they have over the years, it doesn't matter what they do, people like you will blindly defend them.

Its okay guys, the mobile game won't be pay to win. You're crazy if you think they're going to make a Diablo game pay to win, that wouldn't make sense.
    Its pay to win but whatever you can ignore it, other games do it too, it's not a big deal, we all knew it would be, it's not like D4 is going to be the same way
    Oh D4 is pay to win now? So what, look at these other games, you don't have to pay if you don't want to, I'm enjoying the game.
    Last edited by Jerot; 2022-06-11 at 01:01 AM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

So i shouldnt have a problem with murder because the gangs are selling drugs also.

Cool cool. Sound logic.
    No, it is ok if you have a problem with Diablo Immortal. But i still wonder if anyone is surprised about what it is. Another cash grab.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No, it is ok if you have a problem with Diablo Immortal. But i still wonder if anyone is surprised about what it is. Another cash grab.
    Not surprised at all and I feel like this game is gonna make a shit load of money because of how predatory it is and the gameplay loop isnt terrible

And the mobile market is bigger than PC and console video gaming combined.

So this game pretty much seals the deal on blizz-activi ever being a somewhat respected developer and other studios will be following their greed and being smart about loot box application like the key crest system so they add game play in before the loot box making it legally not technically a loot box so they get away with it outside of a few countries which have already banned this game.

There arent 2 types of the legendary crest, CONFIRMS THE HIDDEN TYPE AND IT IS BETTER EXPLAINED!

It is a full scam.
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2022-06-11 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post

There arent 2 types of the legendary crest, BUT 3 HIDDEN TYPES!

It is a full scam.
    Yeah watched the video, explains it well how deceitful it actually is with trying to look like the legendary crest down to color AND icon and have to actually buy bound ones if you want to trade gems. And we still have people defending it. Insanity.

I'd like to see a spreadsheet showing # of posts in this thread with $ spent on Diablo Immortal.

The reality is that this is what gaming is now and if you don't like it there's nothing you can do because you aren't the target audience. All those people who gave me a hard time when I complained about WoW introducing tokens, you are why we can't have nice things.
    Last edited by Pratt; 2022-06-11 at 01:11 AM.

If people here actually cared about the health of this game in particular, and the Diablo franchise as a whole, they'd be far more concerned about these predatory monetization practices.

But nope.

They want to white knight Blizzard because... reasons.

This game is one of the worst rated games in history by its players. The worst part is that if you dig a few miles down, beneath all of the gross and naked cash grabs in this game, there's a somewhat fun diablo game below it all.

"But gacha games exist this isn't new!"

Don't care, Blizzard has made lots of pledges in the past to never take advantage of its players with pay to win mechanics and naked cash grabs, and here we are. I miss the days when I could just buy a Blizzard game and play a game. No loot boxes. No gacha BS. Just a fun game. And I'm sure most feel the same. Activision chewed up all the good will Blizzard earned for the last three decades and are shitting all over it.

After all, take any game studio with beloved games, start making grossly monetized games in their franchise and run off with the money once the franchise is an unrecognizable cash grab and everybody hates their games.

If you loved Blizzard and Blizzard games, Diablo Immortal is possibly the worst thing to happen to this company.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    There arent 2 types of the legendary crest, CONFIRMS THE HIDDEN TYPE AND IT IS BETTER EXPLAINED!

It is a full scam.
    tl;dr - All of the free to play Legendary Crests and battle pass crests will only give you bound legendary gems. You can only get sellable legendary gems from Legendary Crests bought with eternal orbs.

"All this pay to win is ok because free players can get the same stuff as pay to win players, just slower!"

So even that was wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I'd like to see a spreadsheet showing # of posts in this thread with $ spent on Diablo Immortal.

The reality is that this is what gaming is now and if you don't like it there's nothing you can do because you aren't the target audience. All those people who gave me a hard time when I complained about WoW introducing tokens, you are why we can't have nice things.
    $0 here, but I'm sure there are several free players defending this garbage as well.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

If you don't think you were incorrect about the boon of plenty then why didn't you reiterate that part? Instead you only reiterated the part I didn't question. Strange, right? I'm not here to stir anything at all. You are the one that questioned me having balls or not randomly and then get upset when you actually meet someone with knowledge of the game. Lmao.