1. #1881
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    35,114
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    It's a mobile game, what did you expect? Seriously. I am not even trying to troll, it's just a fact. Go look at any mobile game, even the "super popular" Raid Shadow Legends is back to back adds of "Spend this much money for these hot items, limited time sale!" It's just a mobile thing. I don't care who made the game, or what franchise its about. Is it a great thing? No, but it IS a thing and not a single person should be "Shocked" about this.
    Go look up Kingdom Two Crowns. It's a mobile game and a steam game. It has 1 base game and 1 DLC. That's it.

    Why does mobile have to automatically = pay to win?

    I can tell you there are tons of mobile titles out there that aren't pay to win, and a ton that just plain old don't have monetization other than "buy the game".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So a free game can't make you ever earn experience outside of the rails of a story? Buy what level boost? Do you even know the game you are ranting about?
    LMAO

    Anyone with two firing brain cells knows the exp slow down is there specifically to drive sales.

    This whole entire game is heavily monetized, and it's not just the crests and loot box "rifts". Just about every part of it attempts you to get to spend money. Just because you "can" progress freely doesn't mean there isn't some ad in your face every 5 minutes asking you to spend IRL money to fix a problem the game has put in front of you that would otherwise take days to solve.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

  2. #1882
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,339
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    are you gonna try claim the game doesnt sell battle passes which help with leveling mr self proclaimed expert?
    The battle pass gives a one time reward of 10 ranks when first purchased and you can buy up to rank 40 with eternal orbs. That will give some XP but is hardly a level boost. There is nothing about post-40 that encourages you to buy the battle pass just to get to 60. Doing the other activities in the game is enough to get you over those hurdles with at most 1-2 days when in the 50s for the final story hurdle.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  3. #1883
    Bloodsail Admiral SunspotAnims's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    are you gonna try claim the game doesnt sell battle passes which help with leveling mr self proclaimed expert?
    I'm can't figure out what you're referring to. The game doesn't have EXP boosts. It does have a battle pass but I can't figure out what you mean by how the battle pass helps with leveling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    LMAO

    Anyone with two firing brain cells knows the exp slow down is there specifically to drive sales.

    This whole entire game is heavily monetized, and it's not just the crests and loot box "rifts". Just about every part of it attempts you to get to spend money. Just because you "can" progress freely doesn't mean there isn't some ad in your face every 5 minutes asking you to spend IRL money to fix a problem the game has put in front of you that would otherwise take days to solve.
    But how does slowing down leveling help with sales? Again, I can't think of any way that you're able to convert IRL money into more experience. I don't think this a MTX issue, it's just how Diablo leveling works.

  4. #1884
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Anyone with two firing brain cells knows the exp slow down is there specifically to drive sales.
    Drive sales of what? There is no level boost. The battle pass gives some XP and you can buy 1 to 40 ranks of it. There is no real XP slow down just a gap where the XP from the story doesn't cover what is needed. If you do the side activities in the game then your XP isn't slowed at all. It just comes from a different source. Even WoW had these problems of running out of "Story" content at times and they never had a way to skip by paying at the time. So lets not pretend that the only reason this happens in games is to encourage microtransactions.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    I'm can't figure out what you're referring to. The game doesn't have EXP boosts. It does have a battle pass but I can't figure out what you mean by how the battle pass helps with leveling.
    Each rank of the battle pass gives you XP as a reward. So their argument is that by buying the battle pass (or individual ranks) you are buying a level boost because it gives X amount of experience.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  5. #1885
    Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    I'm can't figure out what you're referring to. The game doesn't have EXP boosts. It does have a battle pass but I can't figure out what you mean by how the battle pass helps with leveling.



    But how does slowing down leveling help with sales? Again, I can't think of any way that you're able to convert IRL money into more experience. I don't think this a MTX issue, it's just how Diablo leveling works.
    I could have worded it better so people wouldn't nick pick at "boost" and imply I was being confused for WoW because they are such legitimate posters interested in legitimate discussion.

    When I say Boost I am talking about a leveling aid, more experience gained, more objectives to complete for more experience which is sold in game via battle passes and there are multiple level of battle passes to buy.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

  6. #1886
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,339
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    When I say Boost I am talking about a leveling aid, more experience gained, more objectives to complete for more experience which is sold in game via battle passes and there are multiple level of battle passes to buy.
    The battle pass does not offer more objectives to complete. A free person has the same objectives as a paying customer. There are only two battle passes as well. Free and Paid. There is a collectors version which gives you a few extra cosmetics and 10 ranks but has the same battle pass. The XP from the battle pass is tied to ranking up and there is no extra reward from the paid track.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  7. #1887
    Bloodsail Admiral SunspotAnims's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Georgia, USA
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Each rank of the battle pass gives you XP as a reward. So their argument is that by buying the battle pass (or individual ranks) you are buying a level boost because it gives X amount of experience.
    Oh, I didn't even know that ranking up the pass gives XP.

  8. #1888
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    5,200
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Drive sales of what? There is no level boost. The battle pass gives some XP and you can buy 1 to 40 ranks of it. There is no real XP slow down just a gap where the XP from the story doesn't cover what is needed. If you do the side activities in the game then your XP isn't slowed at all. It just comes from a different source. Even WoW had these problems of running out of "Story" content at times and they never had a way to skip by paying at the time. So lets not pretend that the only reason this happens in games is to encourage microtransactions.
    Yeah I don't know. Even if you can buy XP sort of it's wildly inefficient. I think there are plenty of things to pick at with DI in regards to MTX, but there being several times where the main story halts your progression because of XP isn't one of them. That seems like such a nit pick.

    It's a Diablo game after all, and mindlessly grinding monsters is generally how pretty much every ARPG is designed. When I hit the gaps I just ran regular rifts, challenge rifts, or grinded monsters for a miniscule amount of time until I hit the next threshold.

    For me the major issues with the game are as follows (right now I'm 60 with paragon twelve).

    -MTX especially while leveling is a bit in your face
    -Legendary crests and ETERNAL crests are different crests that look virtually the same (one has bound, one has unbound gems)
    -Legendary crests in general should be a bit less stingy for F2P players
    -Gating grinding in a Diablo game is pretty lame IMO
    -Some of the seasonal passes (arguably the only real value buys) punish you for not logging in everyday, which is dumb (even Lost Ark has like 30 day log in reward tracks, but only twenty total rewards)

    Everything else I don't really mind. For a F2P game it plays well and I don't really care if people spend money to be better than me at what plays mostly like a single player game with some group content. If I were to buy anything (I haven't) the seasonal battle pass stuff is about the only true value in the game, while the orbs seem like a big scam.

  9. #1889
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or people who play this game can not behave like 12 year old and realise that even 0.89 is not worth to spend ?

    crazy idea i know

    im sure marority of adoults playing it dont feel this way
    Can the majority of adoults spell adoults I wonder?

    The game is designed in a manner that is meant to be parasitic; if the practice didn't work they wouldn't use it. They charge people .89c as a lead in purchase because it works.

    You say that people can just choose not to pay it but if that were the case it wouldn't be the practice they use to get the most money, people wouldn't get addicted to gambling, scams wouldn't work, etc etc. People aren't perfect, everyone has flaws and weaknesses, and companies shouldn't be allowed to prey on them.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-06-11 at 02:59 AM.

  10. #1890
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    It's a mobile game, what did you expect? Seriously. I am not even trying to troll, it's just a fact. Go look at any mobile game, even the "super popular" Raid Shadow Legends is back to back adds of "Spend this much money for these hot items, limited time sale!" It's just a mobile thing. I don't care who made the game, or what franchise its about. Is it a great thing? No, but it IS a thing and not a single person should be "Shocked" about this.
    If a mobile game like this makes a ton of money, then why bother developing something on PC which may be more wholesome, but only generates a fraction of the profit? This is a slippery slope, and if it isn't stopped now, then gaming as we know it will become a gaming as a service hell hole.
    RETH

  11. #1891
    The Insane rhorle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    16,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    If a mobile game like this makes a ton of money, then why bother developing something on PC which may be more wholesome, but only generates a fraction of the profit? This is a slippery slope, and if it isn't stopped now, then gaming as we know it will become a gaming as a service hell hole.
    King! has been a part of Activision Blizzard since 2016 and has been printing money since Candy Crush came out in 2012. It has been no secret that mobile games can rack in the cash. Are PC games still developed? All you are doing is fear mongering with a prophecy that hasn't even remotely started to come true and we are well past the date of people learning how profitable mobile games can be.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

  12. #1892
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    If a mobile game like this makes a ton of money, then why bother developing something on PC which may be more wholesome, but only generates a fraction of the profit? This is a slippery slope, and if it isn't stopped now, then gaming as we know it will become a gaming as a service hell hole.
    A city doesn't have any beggars.
    One day, a beggar comes to this city. Everyone gives him some money. This beggar becomes rich !
    If all beggars in the world come to this city, will they all become rich?

    Eventually, we will be flooded with low quality mobile games.

  13. #1893
    here's what I'm wondering. why are some of you so stuck on just pure xp when the bigger issue are player power? gaining player power is extremely slow as a f2p player and what is worse.. you will never. EVER be as powerful as someone who throws lots and lots of money at this thing. yes its pay to win. yes, a lot of mobile games are. does not make it a good or defensible thing.

    oh and.... this shit has been bleeding INTO PC games for years now. so yes, this is something that is worth worrying about, especially when a company like fucking Blizzard that is technically a traditional game making company goes THAT all out on predatory monetization. if it works out for them - other companies WILL follow suit and majorly, MAJORLY up their pay to win tactics. and yes, gaming as we know it WILL continue to suffer more and more.

    I used to defend or at least shrug at ubisoft assasin's creed monetization practices... I'm not shrugging anymore, because I can finally see where that slippery slope has been leading all along. so please. for the love of of gaming. STOP. and think about what it is you are defending here.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-06-11 at 04:12 AM.

  14. #1894
    Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Outside Reality.
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Youre asking why I used the clearest example? What a weird question. When people ask you for examples of things, do you usually use the weakest first? Can you at least attempt a good faith discussion?

    I provided like five more examples in the very most you are quoting, and you just ignored them. Saying that Garrisons missing half of what was advertised is just me saying "I didn't like it" is pathetic and dishonest.



    It's not my "taste" that garrisons were missing visual customization and location options. It's a fact that it shipped that way. What we got was barely a beta version of what was described for garrisons. It was embarrassing. Do you remember what Island Expeditions were at launch? It was "Here's an Island with random shit spawned on it". We were promised all these events and complexity that never got delivered. We were promised all this emergent gameplay We got maps with random shit spawned on it. That's why Blizzard tried to fix them quickly. That's not me disliking Island Expeditions. That is them delivering a mockery of what was described ahead of time.
    Gonna be one of the times again. No one should be even remotely attempting to argue with Rhorle. The man literally argues for the sake of it and to be contrarian for no real reason. Again just disengage him and do not respond. He clearly understands he is in the wrong but yet refuses to acknowledge any points people point out to him.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

  15. #1895
    Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    Oh, I didn't even know that ranking up the pass gives XP.
    Yep you get alot of xp for rank ups though I've heard buying ranks doesn't give you xp.

  16. #1896
    Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Outside Reality.
    Posts
    420
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    here's what I'm wondering. why are some of you so stuck on just pure xp when the bigger issue are player power? gaining player power is extremely slow as a f2p player and what is worse.. you will never. EVER be as powerful as someone who throws lots and lots of money at this thing. yes its pay to win. yes, a lot of mobile games are. does not make it a good or defensible thing.

    oh and.... this shit has been bleeding INTO PC games for years now. so yes, this is something that is worth worrying about, especially when a company like fucking Blizzard that is technically a traditional game making company goes THAT all out on predatory monetization. if it works out for them - other companies WILL follow suit and majorly, MAJORLY up their pay to win tactics. and yes, gaming as we know it WILL continue to suffer more and more.

    I used to defend or at least shrug at ubisoft assasin's creed monetization practices... I'm not shrugging anymore, because I can finally see where that slippery slope has been leading all along. so please. for the love of of gaming. STOP. and think about what it is you are defending here.
    Like this person. Great point and follows a normal discourse of realization on why this is so worrying.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

  17. #1897
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    here's what I'm wondering. why are some of you so stuck on just pure xp when the bigger issue are player power? gaining player power is extremely slow as a f2p player and what is worse.. you will never. EVER be as powerful as someone who throws lots and lots of money at this thing. yes its pay to win. yes, a lot of mobile games are. does not make it a good or defensible thing.
    I too think that Elon buying Twitter is p2w. Imagine all the f2p players applying for a job at Twitter to get to the top the hard way - and then Elon be like "I've got money, scrubs"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  18. #1898
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I too think that Elon buying Twitter is p2w. Imagine all the f2p players applying for a job at Twitter to get to the top the hard way - and then Elon be like "I've got money, scrubs"
    wtf is this even supposed to mean or in what world is this even remotely related? dude. are you just shitposting for the sake of shitposting?

  19. #1899
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    DS9
    Posts
    20,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    wtf is this even supposed to mean or in what world is this even remotely related? dude. are you just shitposting for the sake of shitposting?
    I thought it would be obvious. That people having more money - get to buy more things - and that's fair. So p2w is not inherently unfair.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2022 - that's two-zero-two-two, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of double-masked tripple-jabbed sissies who stand with Ukraine.

  20. #1900
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    wtf is this even supposed to mean or in what world is this even remotely related? dude. are you just shitposting for the sake of shitposting?
    When you're on day 10 of defending Corporate greed with practices that make the game already banned in countries you have to start getting creative.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •