Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I played some of it, so far the gameplay is mostly a dumbed down version of D3 with a few new abilities and typical mobile game progress systems. If that's your thing, then I'm sure this game will scratch your itch for a more unique dungeon crawler on mobile. Otherwise, it's just above average. I have to assume just like any other F2P game, you can do 95% of the content, and the rest of it with a cheap battle pass every now and again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    He is right though. You may not like it, I do not like it, but that is 95% of free to play mobile games so shouldnt be a shock.
    It isn't a shock, you're right.

But let me ask you, just out of sheer common sense and public image...

would you not pull back on the microtransactions at this point? Microtransactions are already a stigma in the gamer world, it would be common sense to NEVER "reward" a player with a discount to their shop, after hard work. Yes? Can we meet there?
    Last edited by Rad1um; 2022-06-03 at 03:57 AM. Reason: Because I dropped out in the 10th grade, MMO CHAMPION, is that what you wanted to hear? The grammar was bad. HAPPY?

I am perplexed by the hate the gaming industry gets. It's entertainment not a god-given right! The best way to not support companies you dont allign with is to not purchase said entertainment. I personally am of the belief that if something gives me entertainment im happy to spend my money on it, probably wont play diablo immortal doesnt look like my cup of tea as I am not a mobile gamer but could honestly not care less if a company makes a game towards that audience and shock horror expects to get paid for it.

In a world where a coffee costs $6 - $7 in australia a couple of bucks here and there for a game doesnt sound like the worse thing in the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean Is anyone really surprised? We all knew it was gonna happen come on. As if blizzard is gonna miss out on opportunities to make absolute bank from mobile games. Not that I support these predatory gacha games but it was a matter of when not if.

My problems with it is that it borrowed ideas from idle MMOs without actually being one. Follow the story, and even do some extra content - you're level 32, get to 35 to continue the story. Well Guess you finish up bounties, and then farm dungeons for XP, now back to the story mode, oh that zone was short, you're 37, get to 40 to advance the plot!

The fact that purple boss mobs are tagged is just kinda dumb, I'd like to get rewards for other players existing, but instead the online aspect seems to only be a detriment to the experience.

There's also a weird bug(?) on PC where as you walk into mobs (Using WASD) sometimes you just start auto attacking them, like they planned for the full idle MMO experience, but cut that part? I'm not really sure why else that would happen.

As far as the purchases I've seen, yes It's P2W, it's a mobile game of course if you pay money you'll directly get player power, nobody should be surprised, but at level 39 at least nothing has felt like I was gated off from having it, other than legendary gems, which you CAN get F2P, but it's going to be a slow grind, especially for the good ones.

There are much worse games.
    Like having to watch 20 minutes of unskippable ads daily to get your coins.
    Or instead of one menu with a shop. You get nagged to buy stuff in every of the 30 menus of the game.

I can never recommend to buy anything in those games tho.
    The grind IS the game. If you buy your progress you stop playing the next day because there's nothing left to do.
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2022-06-03 at 04:17 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    would you not pull back on the microtransactions at this point? Microtransactions are already a stigma in the gamer world, it would be common sense to NEVER "reward" a player with a discount to their shop, after hard work. Yes? Can we meet there?
    Microtransactions are the point. It doesn't matter if it turns off say 80% of players if within the remaining 20% are people willing to spend thousands of dollars.

King generates way more profit than Blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Are they really a stigma though? Steam for example is praised yet has micro-transactions in the form of Trading Cards and now points that buy cosmetics for your profile. The discount to the shop is not for hard work but for being a "new player". The bundle appears after you hit a milestone in the game. That does not equal "hard work" though and you get other in-game rewards on top of access to the bundle. Could they do away with that? Sure. But it isn't really an issue.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    One of the things I found quite funny when trying it was when I cleared a dungeon for the first time my REWARD is a discount bundle in the shop. My reward for clearing a dungeon is the opportunity to spend money.
    Thank you for putting this as the first thing. Stopped me from even trying the game out, because that's just ridiculous. Imagine playing an ARPG, clearing a dungeon and instead of loot, you get a coupon, so you can buy loot (but at a discount!!1!12) from the in game shop. Top kek.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    bobby....stop posting on a fake account
    For shame. Lowering yourself to the "if you disagree with the haters you must be paid to say it or otherwise in their pocket." Is there any cheaper ad hominem?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It isn't a shock, you're right.

But let me ask you, just out of sheer common sense and public image...

If you read my prior comment you'd realise that I already stated I don't like it.

Mobile market economy is far gone at this point, and unless some major markets make rules against certain aspects, it wont change for the better.

Companies need to make money, the market will pay for services like that, so they exist.

I am really enjoying the game and I don't really feel compelled to buy anything from the store. It might change when I hit max level ofc but for now it's great fun for no money/

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't get why people so often treat Blizzard different than other companies. For example Bethesda. After 2011 Skyrim they revealed Elder Scrolls mobile (Blades) with same shallow gameplay (or rather I should say way, way worse, Immortal at least resemble Diablo experience) and predatory shop as every mobile game. But they also show "teaser" of Elder Scrolls 6 that told us nothing at all and FOUR YEARS after that there is no sign production even started. And people were like OMG ELDER SCROLLS SIX IS COMING.

Now compare it to everything around Diablo Immortal and consider Diablo IV is in production + they give us new info every quarter. But difference was Blizzard waited with Diablo IV reveal, because instead of this they released best CGI cinemating in gaming history.

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    If you read my prior comment you'd realise that I already stated I don't like it.

Mobile market economy is far gone at this point, and unless some major markets make rules against certain aspects, it wont change for the better.

Companies need to make money, the market will pay for services like that, so they exist.
    I mean there's also the global scale of markets and the remarkably low entry point for mobile games. There are a ton of countries where people have smart phones but no electricity making that market a lot bigger.

Add in how much easier it is to make a mobile game versus something like Elden Ring and the dubious copying of everyone else that all the mobile devs do and you got something that mostly prints money

Like was said above if 80% reject but 20% are willing to drop a ton of money in then they make a decent profit but let's put it to a different perspective

100 million potential gamers (number pulled out of my ass).
    You release a candy crush clone
    About 80 million don't even bother ok that's fine 20 million play

15 million play it don't even pay a penny
    4 million like to play and will throw a couple of bucks in here and there let's say equivalent of buying the battle pass on Hearthstone so $10 every couple months...that does add up that's $120 million a year just from them

700k are micro whales...more willing to drop more cash for cosmetics and what not but doesn't go ham

Last bit are the whales who are more than happy to drop a couple hundred bucks on a gacha trying to get what they need and are more than happy to p2w this shit

And here's the thing...most of them are people who have a pretty decent disposable income they can drop a couple hundred on Hearthstone packs or Genshin Impact characters and not even wince. They can do that and quit the game the next game and not have a single problem

So that leaves the last bit...the ones who have addiction problems and children. Children are easy parent your fucking kids. The others hate to say it but that's kinda a them problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    One of the things I found quite funny when trying it was when I cleared a dungeon for the first time my REWARD is a discount bundle in the shop. My reward for clearing a dungeon is the opportunity to spend money. Oh but at a discount, ya know cus they want you to be used to spending money early. Even if it's just a little. Get that taste.

From what I briefly saw of the game and the videos I have seen of others playing Blizzard has doubled down on every predatory, disgusting behaviour that P2W games have. The mental tricks of luring people in with rewards, dailies, small free tastes of what it'd be play to spend money, cheap 1-time only bundles to get you into spending just a little to get the ball rolling, every penny spent is some form of gambling mechanic to get those gambling addicts hooked etc. etc... Every mechanic in the game, every prompt, every action is designed with trying to get the player to spend money ahead of anything else.

Diablo Immortal is everything bad about current-gen games, games whos mechanics are more focused on mental warefare with the player to make as much money as possible and it saddens me than the company and game at the forefront of all these disgusting behavours is both the company and game series that I once loved.

I understand companies exist to make money, but that doesn't excuse disgusting behaviour and these predatory mechanics are exactly that. I just want game companies to be about making good games again. People should spend money on your game because your game is good and they want to support it, not because they was coaxed into spending it.
    I see "predatory" is the new buzz word when it comes to Diablo Immortal lol.

Can you form your own opinion or do you need to repeat the exact same thing someone else wrote on the internet (I assume Bellular? Who btw. also praises other non-blizzard games that are also p2w)?

I wonder how many people here have actually tried the game and how many of you truly even care about that "predatory" Pay-2-Win (whatever the fuck this even means)
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-06-03 at 06:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    I don't get why people so often treat Blizzard different than other companies. For example Bethesda. After 2011 Skyrim they revealed Elder Scrolls mobile (Blades) with same shallow gameplay (or rather I should say way, way worse, Immortal at least resemble Diablo experience) and predatory shop as every mobile game. But they also show "teaser" of Elder Scrolls 6 that told us nothing at all and FOUR YEARS after that there is no sign production even started. And people were like OMG ELDER SCROLLS SIX IS COMING.

Now compare it to everything around Diablo Immortal and consider Diablo IV is in production + they give us new info every quarter. But difference was Blizzard waited with Diablo IV reveal, because instead of this they released best CGI cinemating in gaming history.
    Well thing is people probably do...but this is a blizzard circlejerk fansite so people here are going to be more critical of Blizz because reasons. Because of that they may be more attuned to what they do. They praise Elden Ring but ignore all the microtransaction mobile games Bamco spits out constantly cause LOOK ELDEN RING

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Man how times have changed. A decade ago Blizzard were raked over the coals for including RMAH in release D3. Now in 2022 people defend even worse MTX practices, incredible stuff.
    This is easily the dumbest comparison in this thread so far. First of all RMAH and MTX are two completely different things and D3 is a PC game you had to buy, while DI is first and foremost a free-2-play mobile game.

And how exactly are their micro-transactions worse for a mainly single player versus the fucking real money auction house, both morally and in practice?

Did people really expected something else? Like, the moment they said "mobile" that meant 1 thing .. pay pay pay pay pay. That's the main reason of developing a large scale mobile game.

Now, the game itself feels fun. I'll play it for a bit, either until I get bored, or until p2w becomes an issue.

But yeah, I do prefer the traditional system ... here's game, here's the price, no added bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    -It's not a predatory business model. There's nothing unethical about it.
    Hahaha... yeah... it is totally not.

-Nobody is forced to play and nobody is entitled to their preferred game experience unless they created the game.
    Yes.
    That is why i won't touch it even with stick... and i am (was?) huge Diablo fan.

-You can experience most of the game for free
    -As far as I know F2P players can still achieve almost all of the same things but at a slower rate.
    I bolded keywords from your sentences.
    It is TOTAL coincidence that most player power or high end content is exactly not part of 'most of' or 'almost all' in mobile/p2w games, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abysal View Post
    The game is illegal in Belgium and the Netherlands because those countries do consider the business model predatory and unethical.
    Which is somewhat worrying for Diablo Immortal. Because games like Overwatch are still perfectly playable in Belgium and Netherlands, just with lootboxes disabled (or is it just the ability to buy them being disabled?).

Diablo Immortal is not offering such a choice, meaning that the lootboxes are such an integral part of the gaming experience, that there is no disabling them. The game is straight-up banned as a result. Makes me really not interested to even check the game.
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-06-03 at 06:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?