7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Are you a real person? You can't be. The entire transaction model in mobile games (and quickly spreading to console/PC) is predatory, unethical, and illegal in some countries. There is a reason they don't tell you the odds of their loot boxes.
    It's not predatory and unethical and it shouldn't be illegal. You can't point to any harm done because there is none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Why waste your time defending a soulless corporation and a crappy reskinned mobile game using Diablo IP?
    I support the right of corporations to pick the business model that they feel is most appropriate to their game. If the gameplay was bad and I wasn't having fun then I would complain about that, but I have had fun so far and I haven't played enough to form any real criticisms yet.

I certainly won't complain about the fact that some people have put a lot more time or money into the game and that makes them more powerful. I'm happy for them, not jealous or envious.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-06-06 at 04:59 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Remember in D2 when a friend invited you to duel. You haven't even finished the act 2 but he was playing for months. And you agree, and he PWNs you and gets your ear?

Awesome.

Same scenario but he bought the gear?

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE AND PREDATORY!

Oh wait, you could buy the gear in D2 and it was the BEST feature of the end game. Weird.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Remember in D2 when a friend invited you to duel. You haven't even finished the act 2 but he was playing for months. And you agree, and he PWNs you and gets your ear?

Awesome.

Same scenario but he bought the gear?

THIS IS AN OUTRAGE AND PREDATORY!

Oh wait, you could buy the gear in D2 and it was the BEST feature of the end game. Weird.
    wait are you comparing illegal gear bought off boost sites to P2W?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    No, I'm comparing p2w to p2w. The method of purchase is irrelevant.

Also I'm comparing time to money. Which is a more important comparison.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    Yeah, people who support P2W stuff are really big about doing that.

"It's always been P2W guys"

Required? Like in EU where they are required to put notices in your face about Privacy etc. I've yet to see anyone HAPPY about having to tap thru those.
    How would it be bad to have a checkbox that removes all monetization buttons and popups for people that don't want to see it? It would be too pro consumer for them I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    How would it be bad to have a checkbox that removes all monetization buttons and popups for people that don't want to see it? It would be too pro consumer for them I guess.
    It would be just another popup when you first start the game, which will ask you to agree to the fact that there's a shop and shop related notifications and functionality inside the game - or the game doesn't start.

You see with regulations - the company only needs to not be liable for damages. Not to do exactly what you want them to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hauzhi View Post
    Distances! Distances! Arent man made. Its not like the goverment is building kms of land mass so they can build a railroad abd charge for a ticket right?

...didnt thought you finished first grade.
    The shortest distance (airplane, train to an extent) is not man made.

The roads are man made and they are not the shortest distances - making them straight is expensive in rough terrain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry but you cannot excuse the monetization in this game when things like PVP and Leaderboards exist. It completely ruins the competitive aspect of two game modes that are inherently competitive. If you don't care about those aspects of the game, then that's perfectly fine and valid, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that they have implemented incredibly predatory monetization that ruins the integrity of their game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I'm sorry but you cannot excuse the monetization in this game when things like PVP and Leaderboards exist. It completely ruins the competitive aspect of two game modes that are inherently competitive. If you don't care about those aspects of the game, then that's perfectly fine and valid, but that still doesn't excuse the fact that they have implemented incredibly predatory monetization that ruins the integrity of their game.
    It doesn't ruin anything. In f2p games only the paying players compete in PvP and Leaderboards, with each other. The free players have to be content with PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    The game is actually really good especially the way you can upgrade your new gear for free. That alone says they are trying to make it good. Anyone who hates on this hasn’t ever played an actual p2w game…
    this! this game might be P2W on the PVP side but on the PVE side it seems fair, its not in your face at all. I play a lot of mobile games and this is not in my face at all. I'm beyond happy with how this game came out after playing it at a couple of Blizzcons. The only annoyance I have so far is the push to group content without queues, and the immortals thing being locked behind PVP but there might be a PVE equivalent? not sure yet.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

The shortest distance (airplane, train to an extent) is not man made.

The roads are man made and they are not the shortest distances - making them straight is expensive in rough terrain.
    Yes, except that the roads aren't made to be overly obtuse and a pain in the ass to travel through for the sole purpose of providing further incentives to pay extra money to use the railways and airplanes.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't ruin anything. In f2p games only the paying players compete in PvP and Leaderboards, with each other. The free players have to be content with PvE.
    So you're locked out of content because you didn't pay. Got it. So that answers somebody else's question earlier on if any of the content is gated behind paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Yes, except that the roads aren't made to be overly obtuse and a pain in the ass to travel through for the sole purpose of providing further incentives to pay extra money to use the railways and airplanes.
    Neither are the games. No one will play a game that is pain in the ass to play.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're locked out of content because you didn't pay. Got it. So that answers somebody else's question earlier on if any of the content is gated behind paying.
    And when D4 comes out - you will be locked out of content until you pay.
    Though PvP and leaderboards are not content.
    And you are not locked out of them - you are just a scrub.

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    In D2 duels - yes.
    D3... did not have PvP.

So you want to play seasonal game where you farm items and paragons... without farming gear and paragons?... and then farm even more items and paragons by your own?
    What kind of logic is that?
    What about play your old characters from previous seasons that are no longer seasonal?
    You do not miss much... unless you want some dogshit transmog wings.
    I farm gear. But gear cap is GR90 and past paragon 1000 GR90 stops to provide 1 paragons per run (which for me is the bare minimum to grind anything above GR90).

If you are ssf like me and you wanna farm gons you have to invest a huge amount of time and upgrades you find are often really poor stats rise wise.

I like grinding to an extent. When I see the progress is just too slow, I change class or quit until next season.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    this! this game might be P2W on the PVP side but on the PVE side it seems fair, its not in your face at all. I play a lot of mobile games and this is not in my face at all. I'm beyond happy with how this game came out after playing it at a couple of Blizzcons. The only annoyance I have so far is the push to group content without queues, and the immortals thing being locked behind PVP but there might be a PVE equivalent? not sure yet.
    I mentioned a bit ago that I was happy and surprised to see that I could create multiple characters (at least one per class) and set several loadouts for each one. Also it looks like you aren't restricted in how you can form groups. Altogether it looks like a feature-complete PvE game for free. It all depends on what the grind is like for completing the campaign.

Just like every other mobile p2w game that has pvp modes

Except they do? The game doesn't start you out by being a pain in the ass. It slowly ramps up its pain in the assery along with the costs to circumvent the pain in the assery the longer you progress and get attached to the time you've invested in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a PvP debuff that makes gems, and other stuff, less effective against other players. There will still be a performance gap but the game does make attempts to "equalize" the gap.

- - - Updated - - -

You are not locked out of content. Not being able to make it on a leaderboard is not the same as being locked out of content. You can PvP for free. You can PvE for free. There is even a PvP buff to reduce the effectiveness of legendary gems and other stats/gear against other players.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Except they do? The game doesn't start you out by being a pain in the ass. It slowly ramps up its pain in the assery along with the costs to circumvent the pain in the assery the longer you progress and get attached to the time you've invested in the game.
    When you start walking, everything is peachy, but then you start to get tired, thirsty and achy. And then there is this section of the road that is blocked off because of construction works and you have to detour thru mud or add extra hour to your travel. You decide to spend the night at the motel and it ain't free. And it is very conveniently placed. Like they planned it. And there's a shop there and a diner. Fucking predatory monetization.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

And when D4 comes out - you will be locked out of content until you pay.
    Though PvP and leaderboards are not content.
    And you are not locked out of them - you are just a scrub.
    At this stage I cannot fathom what is wrong with you other than you may actually work for Blizzard, have a proper fetish of sadistic nature or are just trying to be edgy and contrarian.