15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    More of the "I got my opinions from youtubers" crowd, I see.
    I formulated my opinions on this game long before youtube videos ever came out.

But we get it. You can't refute any of the points in the video so you just handwave it.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Are you guys really suprised?

That game comes from the guys who brought you boosting runs in MMORPGs you could buy for token gold.
    So i shouldnt have a problem with murder because the gangs are selling drugs also.

Cool cool. Sound logic.

Its not surprising, thats why it sucks so bad. We all know whats gonna happen to D4 and whatever the next game blizz finally actually make.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How am I here to troll because I counter your incorrect statements with facts? All you are doing is showing that you are interested in nothing but hate. Why are you afraid of discussing things truthfully? Pokemon go has a daily bonus and a bigger one on the 7th day. Daily and "after X days" is a common thing in mobile games. There is no pay wall at level 40 that stops you from playing the game for free.
    Lots of game have daily bonuses, sure. Why though does Diablo Immortal seems to be one of the only one that will charge you for more rewards, and then not give them to you at all if you don't login for 30 days without missing a day? No one claimed it stopped you at 40, but its convenient you are able to buy battle pass levels and get an EXP boost. Even though they explicitly said there were no ways to buy experience or gear. Just more misrepresentation of facts to fit a narrative.

Even if YOU aren't paying, it doesn't mean you aren't affected by people who are paying getting screwed over by shitty business practices. If they scare off all the paying customers, who is going to support the game?

It's exactly this "blizzard can do no wrong" mentality that let them slip as far as they have over the years, it doesn't matter what they do, people like you will blindly defend them.

Its okay guys, the mobile game won't be pay to win. You're crazy if you think they're going to make a Diablo game pay to win, that wouldn't make sense.
    Its pay to win but whatever you can ignore it, other games do it too, it's not a big deal, we all knew it would be, it's not like D4 is going to be the same way
    Oh D4 is pay to win now? So what, look at these other games, you don't have to pay if you don't want to, I'm enjoying the game.
    Last edited by Jerot; 2022-06-11 at 01:01 AM.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No, it is ok if you have a problem with Diablo Immortal. But i still wonder if anyone is surprised about what it is. Another cash grab.
    Not surprised at all and I feel like this game is gonna make a shit load of money because of how predatory it is and the gameplay loop isnt terrible

And the mobile market is bigger than PC and console video gaming combined.

So this game pretty much seals the deal on blizz-activi ever being a somewhat respected developer and other studios will be following their greed and being smart about loot box application like the key crest system so they add game play in before the loot box making it legally not technically a loot box so they get away with it outside of a few countries which have already banned this game.

There arent 2 types of the legendary crest, CONFIRMS THE HIDDEN TYPE AND IT IS BETTER EXPLAINED!

It is a full scam.
    Last edited by KainneAbsolute; 2022-06-11 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post

There arent 2 types of the legendary crest, BUT 3 HIDDEN TYPES!

It is a full scam.
    Yeah watched the video, explains it well how deceitful it actually is with trying to look like the legendary crest down to color AND icon and have to actually buy bound ones if you want to trade gems. And we still have people defending it. Insanity.

I'd like to see a spreadsheet showing # of posts in this thread with $ spent on Diablo Immortal.

The reality is that this is what gaming is now and if you don't like it there's nothing you can do because you aren't the target audience. All those people who gave me a hard time when I complained about WoW introducing tokens, you are why we can't have nice things.
    Last edited by Pratt; 2022-06-11 at 01:11 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If people here actually cared about the health of this game in particular, and the Diablo franchise as a whole, they'd be far more concerned about these predatory monetization practices.

But nope.

They want to white knight Blizzard because... reasons.

This game is one of the worst rated games in history by its players. The worst part is that if you dig a few miles down, beneath all of the gross and naked cash grabs in this game, there's a somewhat fun diablo game below it all.

"But gacha games exist this isn't new!"

Don't care, Blizzard has made lots of pledges in the past to never take advantage of its players with pay to win mechanics and naked cash grabs, and here we are. I miss the days when I could just buy a Blizzard game and play a game. No loot boxes. No gacha BS. Just a fun game. And I'm sure most feel the same. Activision chewed up all the good will Blizzard earned for the last three decades and are shitting all over it.

After all, take any game studio with beloved games, start making grossly monetized games in their franchise and run off with the money once the franchise is an unrecognizable cash grab and everybody hates their games.

If you loved Blizzard and Blizzard games, Diablo Immortal is possibly the worst thing to happen to this company.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KainneAbsolute View Post
    There arent 2 types of the legendary crest, CONFIRMS THE HIDDEN TYPE AND IT IS BETTER EXPLAINED!

It is a full scam.
    tl;dr - All of the free to play Legendary Crests and battle pass crests will only give you bound legendary gems. You can only get sellable legendary gems from Legendary Crests bought with eternal orbs.

"All this pay to win is ok because free players can get the same stuff as pay to win players, just slower!"

So even that was wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I'd like to see a spreadsheet showing # of posts in this thread with $ spent on Diablo Immortal.

The reality is that this is what gaming is now and if you don't like it there's nothing you can do because you aren't the target audience. All those people who gave me a hard time when I complained about WoW introducing tokens, you are why we can't have nice things.
    $0 here, but I'm sure there are several free players defending this garbage as well.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    But yea Ill be over here with my incorrect hate filled rant that I apparently hate AND dont understand at the same time. But yeah you're being totally genuine ay lad. Not just here to stir at all. Ay.
    If you don't think you were incorrect about the boon of plenty then why didn't you reiterate that part? Instead you only reiterated the part I didn't question. Strange, right? I'm not here to stir anything at all. You are the one that questioned me having balls or not randomly and then get upset when you actually meet someone with knowledge of the game. Lmao.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It's a mobile game, what did you expect? Seriously. I am not even trying to troll, it's just a fact. Go look at any mobile game, even the "super popular" Raid Shadow Legends is back to back adds of "Spend this much money for these hot items, limited time sale!" It's just a mobile thing. I don't care who made the game, or what franchise its about. Is it a great thing? No, but it IS a thing and not a single person should be "Shocked" about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

If you don't think you were incorrect about the boon of plenty then why didn't you reiterate that part? Instead you only reiterated the part I didn't question. Strange, right? I'm not here to stir anything at all. You are the one that questioned me having balls or not randomly and then get upset when you actually meet someone with knowledge of the game. Lmao.
    You're right I am upset. I'm upset that people like you exist.

The only logical thing that resonates why someone would bend over and loosen the anal muscles to not even a faceless company, but a company that has a face of a hobgoblin in Bobby Kotick who infamously strips companies down to their core and squeezes profits out to a unsustainable level because who cares what happens in 5-10 years we got shareholders ready now baby and i'll have my bonus by then and be working for a different company is that they are trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    No one claimed it stopped you at 40
    Totally fine though should just not buy it and play the game for free right? Which hits a wall at level 40 not even level 60
    It is amusing how you say I'm here to misrepresent facts to fit a narrative when that is literally what you are doing. Lmao.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It is amusing how you say I'm here to misrepresent facts to fit a narrative when that is literally what you are doing. Lmao.
    Yeah nice gotcha idiot, but if you had asked me instead of multi quoting I could have told you the experience grind is hugely noticeable once you hit 40

Nice pace to level up to 40 then slows down massively? Why not buy a level boost. You're so close! Almost like its intentional or something....

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2022-06-11 at 02:46 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why not buy a level boost. You're so close! Almost like its intentional or something....
    So a free game can't make you ever earn experience outside of the rails of a story? Buy what level boost? Do you even know the game you are ranting about?

So a free game can't make you ever earn experience outside of the rails of a story? Buy what level boost? Do you even know the game you are ranting about?
    are you gonna try claim the game doesnt sell battle passes which help with leveling mr self proclaimed expert?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    It's a mobile game, what did you expect? Seriously. I am not even trying to troll, it's just a fact. Go look at any mobile game, even the "super popular" Raid Shadow Legends is back to back adds of "Spend this much money for these hot items, limited time sale!" It's just a mobile thing. I don't care who made the game, or what franchise its about. Is it a great thing? No, but it IS a thing and not a single person should be "Shocked" about this.
    Go look up Kingdom Two Crowns. It's a mobile game and a steam game. It has 1 base game and 1 DLC. That's it.

Why does mobile have to automatically = pay to win?

I can tell you there are tons of mobile titles out there that aren't pay to win, and a ton that just plain old don't have monetization other than "buy the game".

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO

Anyone with two firing brain cells knows the exp slow down is there specifically to drive sales.

This whole entire game is heavily monetized, and it's not just the crests and loot box "rifts". Just about every part of it attempts you to get to spend money. Just because you "can" progress freely doesn't mean there isn't some ad in your face every 5 minutes asking you to spend IRL money to fix a problem the game has put in front of you that would otherwise take days to solve.

15+ Year Old Account
    are you gonna try claim the game doesnt sell battle passes which help with leveling mr self proclaimed expert?
    The battle pass gives a one time reward of 10 ranks when first purchased and you can buy up to rank 40 with eternal orbs. That will give some XP but is hardly a level boost. There is nothing about post-40 that encourages you to buy the battle pass just to get to 60. Doing the other activities in the game is enough to get you over those hurdles with at most 1-2 days when in the 50s for the final story hurdle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm can't figure out what you're referring to. The game doesn't have EXP boosts. It does have a battle pass but I can't figure out what you mean by how the battle pass helps with leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    LMAO

Anyone with two firing brain cells knows the exp slow down is there specifically to drive sales.

This whole entire game is heavily monetized, and it's not just the crests and loot box "rifts". Just about every part of it attempts you to get to spend money. Just because you "can" progress freely doesn't mean there isn't some ad in your face every 5 minutes asking you to spend IRL money to fix a problem the game has put in front of you that would otherwise take days to solve.
    But how does slowing down leveling help with sales? Again, I can't think of any way that you're able to convert IRL money into more experience. I don't think this a MTX issue, it's just how Diablo leveling works.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Drive sales of what? There is no level boost. The battle pass gives some XP and you can buy 1 to 40 ranks of it. There is no real XP slow down just a gap where the XP from the story doesn't cover what is needed. If you do the side activities in the game then your XP isn't slowed at all. It just comes from a different source. Even WoW had these problems of running out of "Story" content at times and they never had a way to skip by paying at the time. So lets not pretend that the only reason this happens in games is to encourage microtransactions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    I'm can't figure out what you're referring to. The game doesn't have EXP boosts. It does have a battle pass but I can't figure out what you mean by how the battle pass helps with leveling.
    Each rank of the battle pass gives you XP as a reward. So their argument is that by buying the battle pass (or individual ranks) you are buying a level boost because it gives X amount of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post

But how does slowing down leveling help with sales? Again, I can't think of any way that you're able to convert IRL money into more experience. I don't think this a MTX issue, it's just how Diablo leveling works.
    I could have worded it better so people wouldn't nick pick at "boost" and imply I was being confused for WoW because they are such legitimate posters interested in legitimate discussion.

When I say Boost I am talking about a leveling aid, more experience gained, more objectives to complete for more experience which is sold in game via battle passes and there are multiple level of battle passes to buy.