15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    When I say Boost I am talking about a leveling aid, more experience gained, more objectives to complete for more experience which is sold in game via battle passes and there are multiple level of battle passes to buy.
    The battle pass does not offer more objectives to complete. A free person has the same objectives as a paying customer. There are only two battle passes as well. Free and Paid. There is a collectors version which gives you a few extra cosmetics and 10 ranks but has the same battle pass. The XP from the battle pass is tied to ranking up and there is no extra reward from the paid track.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Each rank of the battle pass gives you XP as a reward. So their argument is that by buying the battle pass (or individual ranks) you are buying a level boost because it gives X amount of experience.
    Oh, I didn't even know that ranking up the pass gives XP.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Drive sales of what? There is no level boost. The battle pass gives some XP and you can buy 1 to 40 ranks of it. There is no real XP slow down just a gap where the XP from the story doesn't cover what is needed. If you do the side activities in the game then your XP isn't slowed at all. It just comes from a different source. Even WoW had these problems of running out of "Story" content at times and they never had a way to skip by paying at the time. So lets not pretend that the only reason this happens in games is to encourage microtransactions.
    Yeah I don't know. Even if you can buy XP sort of it's wildly inefficient. I think there are plenty of things to pick at with DI in regards to MTX, but there being several times where the main story halts your progression because of XP isn't one of them. That seems like such a nit pick.

It's a Diablo game after all, and mindlessly grinding monsters is generally how pretty much every ARPG is designed. When I hit the gaps I just ran regular rifts, challenge rifts, or grinded monsters for a miniscule amount of time until I hit the next threshold.

For me the major issues with the game are as follows (right now I'm 60 with paragon twelve).

-MTX especially while leveling is a bit in your face
    -Legendary crests and ETERNAL crests are different crests that look virtually the same (one has bound, one has unbound gems)
    -Legendary crests in general should be a bit less stingy for F2P players
    -Gating grinding in a Diablo game is pretty lame IMO
    -Some of the seasonal passes (arguably the only real value buys) punish you for not logging in everyday, which is dumb (even Lost Ark has like 30 day log in reward tracks, but only twenty total rewards)

Everything else I don't really mind. For a F2P game it plays well and I don't really care if people spend money to be better than me at what plays mostly like a single player game with some group content. If I were to buy anything (I haven't) the seasonal battle pass stuff is about the only true value in the game, while the orbs seem like a big scam.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or people who play this game can not behave like 12 year old and realise that even 0.89 is not worth to spend ?

crazy idea i know

im sure marority of adoults playing it dont feel this way
    Can the majority of adoults spell adoults I wonder?

The game is designed in a manner that is meant to be parasitic; if the practice didn't work they wouldn't use it. They charge people .89c as a lead in purchase because it works.

You say that people can just choose not to pay it but if that were the case it wouldn't be the practice they use to get the most money, people wouldn't get addicted to gambling, scams wouldn't work, etc etc. People aren't perfect, everyone has flaws and weaknesses, and companies shouldn't be allowed to prey on them.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-06-11 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    It's a mobile game, what did you expect? Seriously. I am not even trying to troll, it's just a fact. Go look at any mobile game, even the "super popular" Raid Shadow Legends is back to back adds of "Spend this much money for these hot items, limited time sale!" It's just a mobile thing. I don't care who made the game, or what franchise its about. Is it a great thing? No, but it IS a thing and not a single person should be "Shocked" about this.
    If a mobile game like this makes a ton of money, then why bother developing something on PC which may be more wholesome, but only generates a fraction of the profit? This is a slippery slope, and if it isn't stopped now, then gaming as we know it will become a gaming as a service hell hole.
    RETH

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    If a mobile game like this makes a ton of money, then why bother developing something on PC which may be more wholesome, but only generates a fraction of the profit? This is a slippery slope, and if it isn't stopped now, then gaming as we know it will become a gaming as a service hell hole.
    King! has been a part of Activision Blizzard since 2016 and has been printing money since Candy Crush came out in 2012. It has been no secret that mobile games can rack in the cash. Are PC games still developed? All you are doing is fear mongering with a prophecy that hasn't even remotely started to come true and we are well past the date of people learning how profitable mobile games can be.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    A city doesn't have any beggars.
    One day, a beggar comes to this city. Everyone gives him some money. This beggar becomes rich !
    If all beggars in the world come to this city, will they all become rich?

Eventually, we will be flooded with low quality mobile games.

here's what I'm wondering. why are some of you so stuck on just pure xp when the bigger issue are player power? gaining player power is extremely slow as a f2p player and what is worse.. you will never. EVER be as powerful as someone who throws lots and lots of money at this thing. yes its pay to win. yes, a lot of mobile games are. does not make it a good or defensible thing.

oh and.... this shit has been bleeding INTO PC games for years now. so yes, this is something that is worth worrying about, especially when a company like fucking Blizzard that is technically a traditional game making company goes THAT all out on predatory monetization. if it works out for them - other companies WILL follow suit and majorly, MAJORLY up their pay to win tactics. and yes, gaming as we know it WILL continue to suffer more and more.

I used to defend or at least shrug at ubisoft assasin's creed monetization practices... I'm not shrugging anymore, because I can finally see where that slippery slope has been leading all along. so please. for the love of of gaming. STOP. and think about what it is you are defending here.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-06-11 at 04:12 AM.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Youre asking why I used the clearest example? What a weird question. When people ask you for examples of things, do you usually use the weakest first? Can you at least attempt a good faith discussion?

I provided like five more examples in the very most you are quoting, and you just ignored them. Saying that Garrisons missing half of what was advertised is just me saying "I didn't like it" is pathetic and dishonest.

It's not my "taste" that garrisons were missing visual customization and location options. It's a fact that it shipped that way. What we got was barely a beta version of what was described for garrisons. It was embarrassing. Do you remember what Island Expeditions were at launch? It was "Here's an Island with random shit spawned on it". We were promised all these events and complexity that never got delivered. We were promised all this emergent gameplay We got maps with random shit spawned on it. That's why Blizzard tried to fix them quickly. That's not me disliking Island Expeditions. That is them delivering a mockery of what was described ahead of time.
    Gonna be one of the times again. No one should be even remotely attempting to argue with Rhorle. The man literally argues for the sake of it and to be contrarian for no real reason. Again just disengage him and do not respond. He clearly understands he is in the wrong but yet refuses to acknowledge any points people point out to him.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

Quote Originally Posted by SunspotAnims View Post
    Oh, I didn't even know that ranking up the pass gives XP.
    Yep you get alot of xp for rank ups though I've heard buying ranks doesn't give you xp.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    here's what I'm wondering. why are some of you so stuck on just pure xp when the bigger issue are player power? gaining player power is extremely slow as a f2p player and what is worse.. you will never. EVER be as powerful as someone who throws lots and lots of money at this thing. yes its pay to win. yes, a lot of mobile games are. does not make it a good or defensible thing.

oh and.... this shit has been bleeding INTO PC games for years now. so yes, this is something that is worth worrying about, especially when a company like fucking Blizzard that is technically a traditional game making company goes THAT all out on predatory monetization. if it works out for them - other companies WILL follow suit and majorly, MAJORLY up their pay to win tactics. and yes, gaming as we know it WILL continue to suffer more and more.

I used to defend or at least shrug at ubisoft assasin's creed monetization practices... I'm not shrugging anymore, because I can finally see where that slippery slope has been leading all along. so please. for the love of of gaming. STOP. and think about what it is you are defending here.
    Like this person. Great point and follows a normal discourse of realization on why this is so worrying.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I too think that Elon buying Twitter is p2w. Imagine all the f2p players applying for a job at Twitter to get to the top the hard way - and then Elon be like "I've got money, scrubs"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I too think that Elon buying Twitter is p2w. Imagine all the f2p players applying for a job at Twitter to get to the top the hard way - and then Elon be like "I've got money, scrubs"
    wtf is this even supposed to mean or in what world is this even remotely related? dude. are you just shitposting for the sake of shitposting?

10+ Year Old Account
    wtf is this even supposed to mean or in what world is this even remotely related? dude. are you just shitposting for the sake of shitposting?
    I thought it would be obvious. That people having more money - get to buy more things - and that's fair. So p2w is not inherently unfair.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

When you're on day 10 of defending Corporate greed with practices that make the game already banned in countries you have to start getting creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I thought it would be obvious. That people having more money - get to buy more things - and that's fair. So p2w is not inherently unfair.
    right...

I'd wish you good day, but I don't feel like lying right now, even sarcastically.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd wish you good day, but I don't feel like lying right now, even sarcastically.
    That says more about you and how shaky your opinion is

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or people who play this game can not behave like 12 year old and realise that even 0.89 is not worth to spend ?

crazy idea i know

im sure marority of adoults playing it dont feel this way

Totally the case. That's why these type of games rake billions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    This is just you tilting at windmills, though.

I said it wasn't lying to you about what was being purchased. That's the truth. You being angry at the game doesn't change that.
    No its not the truth and your still trying to lie out of your ass.
    You and the other two creepy trolls in this thread defending this cancer should call Bobby for some sales commission.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    I'd like to see a spreadsheet showing # of posts in this thread with $ spent on Diablo Immortal.

The reality is that this is what gaming is now and if you don't like it there's nothing you can do because you aren't the target audience. All those people who gave me a hard time when I complained about WoW introducing tokens, you are why we can't have nice things.
    That's kind of funny and I'll bite the bait.

I have spent about 100 bucks and have maybe what... 3 posts here or some such? I don't mind much some MTX being working adult and all.

That said I do think Diablo Immortal pushed an envelope a tad.

My biggest complaint is that purchases such as Battle Pass and Cosmetics are only good for same server - now I can understand the usable items that come with that to be locked to character that used them to prevent dupes or flooding, but I can't understand that for cosmetics.

The Legendary Crests part is also vexing.

Other than that I am mostly fine, people need to realize that whatever they buy or farm now will be useless in a matter of few months when new stuff comes and rates will inevitably go up in addition to saturated market. So there is little point splurging into the thing anyway - you ain't going to get that 5 star top quality gem, they state the chances and you ain't getting it - you can calculate the end chance yourself, the % are given in store.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-06-11 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people who complain about how long everything takes to grind for free - are probably the same people who were grinding 24/7 in Legion and maxed out Artifact Power before the first patch that implemented catch up mechanics.