The more I look at this thread the more I feel them releasing this on PC was probably a mistake

If this stayed mobile only half of you wouldn't even look at it and pass it off as some shitty mobile game who cares but the PC release caused half of y'all to think initially "oh this is a real game" then rage at mobile game being a mobile game

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Also, I don't mind spending money for entertainment within reason. I don't understand people who are being pinch penny over having some fun for themselves.

I popped a chill 100 bucks into D:I and I am going to dump it - don't mind one bit. Had a week of fun there, so got my money's worth in my book, even given the sour aftertaste from seeing Blizzard, on which games I grew up, at their worst.
    I think a better question is "How much would I pay for this game at a store?"

When I think of what I paid for D2/LOD 21 years ago and got decades of entertainment without spending a cent more, popping $100 on D:I for scammy crests/loot boxes with extra steps doesn't represent any value at all

I'd probably pay $20-$40 for a full version of DI without P2W MTX but having a model where you have to pay every other play session makes me feel like I'm the product

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Well yeah, proof needed. Some posts on reddit and twitter do not depict the whole picture.
    Give zero fucks if you believe me or not. It's happening. There are massive content walls, and that's a big quit moment for a ton of people. (Credit if you know what a 'quit moment' is as Josh Strife Hayes defines it)

P.S. No screenshots of talking to support or said ticket getting such poor answer. Press X to doubt
    This one wasn't even the first thread on this issue. There have been at least two others I've seen when browsing the subreddit over the last two days. Lots of people are mass reporting high paragon level peeps for botting and getting them 15 day bans. Again, you don't have to believe it. You seem intent on not believing anything.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    (Credit if you know what a 'quit moment' is as Josh Strife Hayes defines it)
    I'm just imagining someone unironically saying this. Maybe holding a teacup with their pinky out or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo Immortal, Coming soon to your Smart Fridge.

Source: Trust me Bro
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    So many people here speak as if Blizzard is the only place in the world they can get their games and it's weird. Like 60% of this entire thread is predicated on the belief that there's just nowhere else to go, or that Blizz somehow controls everything else.
    Are you surprised people on a largely Blizzard games-centric forum are only talking about Blizzard games?

And that people in a diablo thread aren't just playing or talking about other games instead of diablo? It's almost like we have critiques that are specific to this game, and the state of other games is mostly irrelevant to that discussion.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    I'm just imagining someone unironically saying this. Maybe holding a teacup with their pinky out or something.
    Are you trying to imply that games don't have moments where a lot of people quit once they reach that point?

I know basically everyone who tries to engage with me on subjects doesn't believe that human psychology is something we can track and measure, but this site truly has given me some gems. Whether their posts are disingenuous and they're just dragging me along for a laugh, or if they're actually being serious, I can't help but chuckle at some of the outrageous things people say, infer, or imply.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Give zero fucks if you believe me or not. It's happening. There are massive content walls, and that's a big quit moment for a ton of people. (Credit if you know what a 'quit moment' is as Josh Strife Hayes defines it)

This one wasn't even the first thread on this issue. There have been at least two others I've seen when browsing the subreddit over the last two days. Lots of people are mass reporting high paragon level peeps for botting and getting them 15 day bans. Again, you don't have to believe it. You seem intent on not believing anything.
    Believing something in 2022 on the Internet without anything backing up those words or claims? Of course not
    People will make shit up, especially when this DI stuff is trending, just to get some attention. People love attention, most of them

And what are these content walls you are speaking of? This is the first time i've heard smthing like that, got me intrigued.

Welp, hit Paragon and I'm done. The game is far too aggressively monetized at that point and it really kills any motivation to start on proper "gear" (gem) progression.

Shame, there's a wonderful mobile game, and pretty good game overall, buried beneath the layers of gross, exploitative monetization.

"wonderful game" it's literally a lesser version of diablo 3 which is what nearly 10 years old now?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    "wonderful game" it's literally a lesser version of diablo 3 which is what nearly 10 years old now?
    It’s a f2p mobile game. Of course it’s going to be A lesser version of D3.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Its a mobile game. Its never going to compete with proper PC games. Why they ported it? Probably to reach every audience or something. It is what it is - a soulless husk of a game that is made to milk money out of people.

I would bet Blizzard would have gotten alot less flack about this game if they only went mobile with this game.
    Last edited by crusadernero; 2022-06-15 at 09:23 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Its a mobile game. Its never going to compete with proper PC games. Why they ported it? Probably to reach every audience or something. It is what it is - a soulless husk of a game that is made to milk money out of people.
    Probably because Blizzcon folks didn't like a mobile only Diablo. There's no pleasing the crowd
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Welp, hit Paragon and I'm done. The game is far too aggressively monetized at that point and it really kills any motivation to start on proper "gear" (gem) progression.

Shame, there's a wonderful mobile game, and pretty good game overall, buried beneath the layers of gross, exploitative monetization.
    Thank youuuuuuuuu!!! LOL

I feel like we need more testimonies like this one. A lot of people come to the conclusion that it isn't aggressively monetized because they're level 30 and haven't felt targeted.

I completely understand that not every person is going to play the game until level 60 and then keep playing end game, but that's the kind of content that Diablo has been known for. You finish the game in order to start grinding the game, and Immortal has locked much of that end game progression behind aggressive paywalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Probably because Blizzcon folks didn't like a mobile only Diablo. There's no pleasing the crowd
    That makes no sense whatsoever. In a years time we have Diablo 4. Those who are true Diablo fans(like the crowd at Blizzcon) want a good Diablo game on PC. Whats released on mobile is something PC players dont give a shit about. Cause its a inferior version of a game.

I see no reason whatsoever to play DI when D3 is available and D4 is a year away.

In fact, having DI on PC makes it even more stupid when we know D4 is a year away.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Thank youuuuuuuuu!!! LOL

I feel like we need more testimonies like this one. A lot of people come to the conclusion that it isn't aggressively monetized because they're level 30 and haven't felt targeted.

I completely understand that not every person is going to play the game until level 60 and then keep playing end game, but that's the kind of content that Diablo has been known for. You finish the game in order to start grinding the game, and Immortal has locked much of that end game progression behind aggressive paywalls.
    That's how every f2p game (that knows what its doing) goes. End game is for whales. Freesbies are rotating when the old ones check out at max level, and the new ones are acquired via promotional campaigns. New content drops oldies return to check it out. It's a long long cycle if the base game is good and whales have things to buy.

- - - Updated - - -

That makes no sense whatsoever.
    It makes perfect sense. You just don't realize that negative results are also results. They've lost absolutely nothing making it playable on PC.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It makes perfect sense. You just don't realize that negative results are also results. They've lost absolutely nothing making it playable on PC.
    Probably not, cause its Blizzard and they have fallen off grace a long time ago anyway. But, if this game was only on mobile, I think most people would be more inclined to just shrug it off with "ye, its a p2w mobile game dont care about it, PC MASTER RACE". But, since its now on PC too, that crowd gets attracted to it.

DI would also quickly fall (its already fallen off) off with streamers if they had to play it via mobile. Its a much worse play experience for streamers than its on PC.

But then again, Blizzard gets valuable data from DI about what they can get away with. Here comes p2w D4!

Thank youuuuuuuuu!!! LOL

I find it amusing that you can't even get your 6 set of green items complete until Paragon 150 or 160 to go into Hell 4. People are grinding their asses off and still are well over a month+ away from hitting that mark. It feels SO diablo to have to wait to grind set items...Wait. No it doesn't. The fuck.

Thank youuuuuuuuu!!! LOL

or ... crazy idea - people dont mind not farming absolutely ultra imba bis gear and dont mind being done with game ? then they either quit or try out different classes - like most of people didnt since diablo 1 .

only this time we can enjoy it for free. so no idea why others are complaining really unless its a case of peopel with severe OCD.

i owuld compare it to farming actively VP in wow - yes im sure there are hundreds of people who farm hundreds of dungeons to be geared in 272 instantly but normal people dont do that . same like with buyting stuff in DI

- - - Updated - - -

That makes no sense whatsoever. In a years time we have Diablo 4. Those who are true Diablo fans(like the crowd at Blizzcon) want a good Diablo game on PC. Whats released on mobile is something PC players dont give a shit about. Cause its a inferior version of a game.

I see no reason whatsoever to play DI when D3 is available and D4 is a year away.

In fact, having DI on PC makes it even more stupid when we know D4 is a year away.
    the reason is simple - its a fun way of killing time.

there is no other reason - unless you are a streamer who is making his living out of streaming it. or out of whinign about it so his simps sponsor him $$$$ and dont see absolutely any irony in doing that

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    or ... crazy idea - people dont mind not farming absolutely ultra imba bis gear and dont mind being done with game ? then they either quit or try out different classes - like most of people didnt since diablo 1 .

only this time we can enjoy it for free. so no idea why others are complaining really unless its a case of peopel with severe OCD.

i owuld compare it to farming actively VP in wow - yes im sure there are hundreds of people who farm hundreds of dungeons to be geared in 272 instantly but normal people dont do that . same like with buyting stuff in DI

- - - Updated - - -

the reason is simple - its a fun way of killing time.

there is no other reason - unless you are a streamer who is making his living out of streaming it. or out of whinign about it so his simps sponsor him $$$$ and dont see absolutely any irony in doing that
    I mean it's like that in other games

Average fighting game player is usually in bronze to silver ranks would never know that reading the forums
    Average Hearthstone player has never been to legend.... according to the forums everyone's a top level legend player
    Average wow player piddles around in LFR and World quests and is fine with that...forums tell a different story