How is this thread still going on? are there people still white knighting this game due to it being named diablo, even though its a money grab?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    One thing to say; you need to clear Challenge Rifts up to a certain level to unlock Hell 2 loot, not just change the difficulty. I think it was CR 30? Which is hard since you likely have a CR penalty.
    Also your best bet for gear at this point is imo to spam dungeons. Make sure you get your 2p.

And yes Blood Rose is a mistake. The rest are not at all problematic though.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not even the problem. The main issue is the penalty. If you are doing content below the intended CR you get a massive penalty to damage done and increased damage taken. SO it's not enough you don't have the intended gear which should make it more challenging by itself, the gear you have is also significantly devalued.
    hmm... didn't know that about challenge rifts, I'm up to lvl 24 and its starting to get a little rough, but I guess I could see if I can push it to 30 in current state. if nothing else, I should get enough mats to get another upgrade to my left side, and rank it up to lvl 2.

my problem with dungeons is that either premades are picky, or randoms can take forever to form and its just... meh. people only seem to spam couple of specific dungeons over and over anyways, and I need to double check which one of them drops the items that would actualy work for me. on one hand i understand the idea behind knowing which loot drops where, and limiting it, so you could focus your farming... on the other hand I'd rather they programed set items to drop the way legendaries drop and be able to farm them in any dungeon as long as its on the right difficulty.

also I didn't realize that penalty was doubled O_O... that explains why trash mobs felt like bosses...

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    hmm... didn't know that about challenge rifts, I'm up to lvl 24 and its starting to get a little rough, but I guess I could see if I can push it to 30 in current state. if nothing else, I should get enough mats to get another upgrade to my left side, and rank it up to lvl 2.

my problem with dungeons is that either premades are picky, or randoms can take forever to form and its just... meh. people only seem to spam couple of specific dungeons over and over anyways, and I need to double check which one of them drops the items that would actualy work for me. on one hand i understand the idea behind knowing which loot drops where, and limiting it, so you could focus your farming... on the other hand I'd rather they programed set items to drop the way legendaries drop and be able to farm them in any dungeon as long as its on the right difficulty.

also I didn't realize that penalty was doubled O_O... that explains why trash mobs felt like bosses...
    There is a reason people spam two specific dungeons; two dungeons per week are "Featured" and drop legendaries and set items at a much higher rate (while grinding a neck from Pit of Anguish I got 8 legendaries/set items in about 12 runs, two in one run)

You can see which two they are cause they are listed higher in Activities and there is an additional icon saying they have higher drop chance.

There is a reason people spam two specific dungeons; two dungeons per week are "Featured" and drop legendaries and set items at a much higher rate (while grinding a neck from Pit of Anguish I got 8 legendaries/set items in about 12 runs, two in one run)

You can see which two they are cause they are listed higher in Activities and there is an additional icon saying they have higher drop chance.
    see that's what I thought, but... when I tried to get a group specifically for featured dungeon (I went up to the entrance and tried to create one), I could not and the dungeons being spammed tend to be the same few over and over, so I had to conclude that its more about the set drops then features. https://gamerant.com/diablo-immortal...y-gear-pieces/

and also I don't think I'm going to be able to get to challenge rift 30 in my current gear. so the fact that they seem to have locked upgrades behind this is yet another not so subtle "pay up" nudge. sigh. ah well

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    see that's what I thought, but... when I tried to get a group specifically for featured dungeon (I went up to the entrance and tried to create one), I could not and the dungeons being spammed tend to be the same few over and over, so I had to conclude that its more about the set drops then features. https://gamerant.com/diablo-immortal...y-gear-pieces/

and also I don't think I'm going to be able to get to challenge rift 30 in my current gear. so the fact that they seem to have locked upgrades behind this is yet another not so subtle "pay up" nudge. sigh. ah well
    Oh it is about both. People will certainly focus on dungeons that drop their sets. But all dungeons drop set pieces and you want different sets for PvE and PvP tbh. I personally want both Shal'baas and Feasting Baron so the ones that drop in Hell 2 are spread among a lot of dungeons.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-06-25 at 05:57 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Diablo had pre-registration to the tune of 30M users - despite only 10M installs happening so far (not 10M users, 10M installs).

I specifically cited the lack of a Chinese release as the source of its financial weakness. Though Diablo is hardly "niche" in its overall appeal, nor is that style of "darker" ARPG remotely uncommon. While not consistently as "dark", games like Lineage (choose your version, there are multiple including a more straight up port of oldschool Lineage via Lineage M) or the MU titles extist and are hugely popular in Asia.

Also worth noting: Genshin Impact, while using a lot of familiar styles and themes from MiHoYo's other games, is still a new IP - generally harder to market and get folks to check out - vs. Diablo: Immortal, which is using an extremely popular and well known IP. IP's do a huge amount of the heavy lifting in terms of attracting users and lower the cost of acquiring new users vs. new/unknown IP's.
    Genshin just had extremely high levels of fidelity and polish. The PC port was perfect and it feels great to play it on either mobile or PC.

It's still a gacha game but the marketing/monetization isn't nearly as predatory or aggressive as D:I. Sure, some of the anime waifus have ruined people's bank accounts, but they simply present the character to you and let you decide if you want it or not. Not paying for waifus or husbandos isn't going to hinder your progress, as the free characters have been proven to be perfectly capable of handling the hardest content in the game with ease.

Genshin also specifically avoided tactics where users could see other people's characters. Like your world is your own, you only see other people if you let them into your world. There's also no PvP. D:I having PvP was probably one of the biggest mistakes in the west. They seriously should not have released D:I in the western markets with PvP. Yes, pay to win PvP is hugely popular in China, and people love it. But in the west people hate it. Perhaps Blizzard is just pushing a normalization of pay to win PvP onto western markets though, because they know how lucrative it CAN BE if people are normalized to it.

Again, reiterating, a lot of D:I's monetization wouldn't have flown with the vast majority of users 10 or even 5 years ago. Western audiences have been slowly being conditioned to accept pay to win. It started with only cosmetics, then it became more convenience (storage space, skip content) and now they're outright normalizing selling player power. That's a huge no from me. And I thought it would be a huge no from most Blizzard fans. But there are more who seem ok with it than I thought.

But D:I isn't going to be dead in a month because of its predatory marketing schemes. It's going to be dead in a month because it's a boring and uninspired Diablo 3 copy paste.

Yes, I realize a free content update is coming soon, but does anyone think a BP update with a few more nuggets thrown at F2P players is really going to rope everyone back in who is leaving en masse? The dailies are boring, and that's not going to change.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lol game is banned in China.

The irony
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    But D:I isn't going to be dead in a month because of its predatory marketing schemes. It's going to be dead in a month because it's a boring and uninspired Diablo 3 copy paste.
    Hmms...

But the word "boring", though. D2 was hardly the epitome of "interesting" was it, but it succeeded where D3 and D:I have failed.

Personally, my problem with D:I is that there's no sense of threat. You die. You res by the boss and carry on. Anyone remember Save-Exit Out?

The game got banned in China, don't know why but thank fucking God

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    The game got banned in China, don't know why but thank fucking God

Some reports claiming is because the Weibou account mocked/made fun of Xi Jinpig.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmor..._due_to_their/

https://www.dexerto.com/diablo/diabl...nping-1856698/

Supermassive L-O-L if true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Williams View Post
    Personally, my problem with D:I is that there's no sense of threat. You die. You res by the boss and carry on. Anyone remember Save-Exit Out?

So... like every other Diablo game as well.

Nobody has been able to present any evidence of the game being banned in china, you're getting clickbaited. That reddit thread was even edited to state the game isn't confirmed to be banned, and that was hours ago when I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Nobody has been able to present any evidence of the game being banned in china, you're getting clickbaited. That reddit thread was even edited to state the game isn't confirmed to be banned, and that was hours ago when I saw it.
    People will believe what they want to believe if it's shown to them. Even if the very post says something different at the end.

So I've still only paid for the Battlepass. I'm at top 30 rank in PvP on my server. I think there is exactly one thing a whale MAY have that really fucks up PvP and that is Seeping Bile. Free access to a DoT makes it much harder to heal (and D:I PvP is very much about knowing when to retreat and bandage up). Next week I'll probably have a chance at the Rite of War and then I'll have to face the whales for real so I'll see how bad it is when almost the entire other team is a whale (though I am sure there will be plenty of whales at my side).

I want to add, 24 million does not at all seem impressive to me. If this was a Diablo 3 expansion (especially with cross platform integration) and included a cheap monthly battle pass at about 5-6$ with a premium cosmetic option at 15$, I am certain it would have made much more than that so far.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-06-27 at 05:30 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to add, 24 million does not at all seem impressive to me. If this was a Diablo 3 expansion (especially with cross platform integration) and included a cheap monthly battle pass at about 5-6$ with a premium cosmetic option at 15$, I am certain it would have made much more than that so far.
    $24M is a number that is one week old.

And apparently you are completely ignoring production costs. D3 expansion is more expensive to produce.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    $24M is a number that is one week old.

And apparently you are completely ignoring production costs. D3 expansion is more expensive to produce.
    It would also have had a box price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    People will believe what they want to believe if it's shown to them. Even if the very post says something different at the end.
    While I doubt there is anything official yet, I don't think DI not making it into China is at all improbable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    There's as much evidence as any other rumour on the rumour mill, most of them end up being true. It is a fact that the weibo account is banned from making new posts permanently as per its current status, and it is a fact that the game has been delayed for an unannounced length of time by Blizzard. Does the rest of the rumour really seem so far fetched?

You're right though, it's not confirmed. Not sure why you'd think it's not likely though.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It would also have had a box price.
    And no guarantee it would sell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Why? Everybody with a brain knows that it takes ALL your money to max out a character in a f2p game. The maxing out never ENDS.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth Williams View Post
    Hmms...

But the word "boring", though. D2 was hardly the epitome of "interesting" was it, but it succeeded where D3 and D:I have failed.

D2 was supremely innovative and ground breaking in many ways in the year 2000. It was most certainly interesting to audiences back then. There were basically only two choices if you wanted an MMO, and a small handful of choices of PC games that you could play online with your friends when it released. People may play D2 Resurrected and think "Man this game is kinda meh" but for its time, it was a fucking massively groundbreaking game. It was the first game with mass appeal where you could boot up the game and jump in and progress/gear up with your friends.

That's the thing, old Blizzard was such an amazingly innovative team, taking risks and doing things nobody else was doing. They saw the appeal of online gaming as they were online gamers in a world where there were so few of those. The Blizzard of today are a bunch of scripters and designers with a lot of passion (they'd have to be to accept the absolutely terrible wages Blizzard pays) but ultimately that Blizzard "punch" hasn't hit in a decade.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2022-06-27 at 06:22 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Dont tell me someone payed more than half a million to discover that what a obscene game i hope its banned in more countries.