Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    honestly gameplay is pretty good
    How low are your standards? Holy shit

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Making money at someone else's expense is literally stealing or slavery. While capitalism is about trade and exchange of services for money.
    You get fun for money out of games.
    Considering how bad the ratio of fun to money is in Immoral, including the fact that the "fun" is gated behind giving them 25 dollars every 5 minutes, there's no option there. To have fun in the game, you're forced to continue offering them money. There's no choice in that, because the paywall is not avoidable through additional time put in. You cannot grind out legendary crests for gem runs in any way that I've seen, you have to simply wait until they give you the monthly run from that vendor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Depends on if it releases in China or not. Either way, they're working on their first update - https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmor...dates/idc3dih/

Unsurprisingly, focused on the BP.

For context on the importance of the Chinese market: D:I generated around $24M in revenue in its first two weeks of release on mobile (not including PC). Genshin Impact, in its first week after its mobile launch (apparently not including PC/console sales) generated $60M in revenue. Twice as much in half the time.
    Plus tbh, Genshin Impact is a game that feels like it has more effort put into it and has grown continuously. The same cannot be said about Immoral. The story, visuals, animations, are all genuinely good relative to the competition. Immoral was essentially offering none of that with a bigger paywall. A blatant cashgrab.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Considering how bad the ratio of fun to money is in Immoral.
    If you are not getting fun for your money - bring your money elsewhere. That's entirely your responsibility. A fun producer cannot please everyone.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

If you are not getting fun for your money - bring your money elsewhere. That's entirely your responsibility. A fun producer cannot please everyone.
    Or, we could continue to complain, downvote and impact Blizzard's bottom line as much as possible in the hopes that it meaningfully impacts them enough to change behavior, since what we want is a good Diablo game without shit monetization!

I still have literally no fucking clue what you are doing in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's like breaking the windows of the PARTICULAR store because it doesn't have the brand of product you want.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Yeah, it's like breaking the windows of the PARTICULAR store because it doesn't have the brand of product you want.
    Yeah.. no.

It's like "breaking the window" of a particular store that DOES have the product you want, but decided to mark it up 5000% and make it worse. Oh, and they give away a trial version missing 90% of the parts. Oh, and it's not like breaking windows, it's like giving bad reviews for bad business practice. So.. yeah. Exactly like your analogy, only different in every way.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the definition of not having the product you want. You want the same thing but cheaper. But that's not what the store offers. So it's not the product you want.

That's the definition of not having the product you want. You want the same thing but cheaper. But that's not what the store offers. So it's not the product you want.
    You're incorrect. The product and the price are not inextricably linked. That is an absurd cherry picked definition with little basis in reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can rationalize your desire to "break the store windows" however you want. You are not the first one to do it. The store sells things at the price they want. You are free not to buy it at the price they offer. Breaking things will change nothing in regards to the product, well besides making it disappear altogether.

If enough people don't buy the product at set price - the store will have to adjust the price or remove the product from the offerings entirely if it's not profitable at FAIR price.
    But if the price stays the same - then the majority of people find the price fair.
    And if you don't like that - you can go and break the windows at the store, that'll show them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I don't think DI not making it into China is at all improbable.
    Holy triple negatives, Batman.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Holy triple negatives, Batman.
    Should not post on 3 hours of sleep Blame the heat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Depends on if it releases in China or not. Either way, they're working on their first update - https://www.reddit.com/r/DiabloImmor...dates/idc3dih/

Unsurprisingly, focused on the BP.

For context on the importance of the Chinese market: D:I generated around $24M in revenue in its first two weeks of release on mobile (not including PC). Genshin Impact, in its first week after its mobile launch (apparently not including PC/console sales) generated $60M in revenue. Twice as much in half the time.
    The game lacks quality cosmetics. The Bloodsworn set is next (they seem to be going by zone. Wonder what a Library or Mt Zavain-themed set might look like).

You can rationalize your desire to "break the store windows" however you want. You are not the first one to do it. The store sells things at the price they want. You are free not to buy it at the price they offer. Breaking things will change nothing in regards to the product, well besides making it disappear altogether.

If enough people don't buy the product at set price - the store will have to adjust the price or remove the product from the offerings entirely if it's not profitable at FAIR price.
    But if the price stays the same - then the majority of people find the price fair.
    And if you don't like that - you can go and break the windows at the store, that'll show them.
    I don't see how leaving bad reviews or sharing opinions online equates to physically breaking someone's property, one is normal behavior and the other is very illegal, but you do you. It's not the most ridiculous argument you've made this thread, probably not even top 5.

Are you getting paid hourly for this or...? I just don't understand what you're getting out of the discussion at this point.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Or, we could continue to complain, downvote and impact Blizzard's bottom line as much as possible in the hopes that it meaningfully impacts them enough to change behavior, since what we want is a good Diablo game without shit monetization!

I still have literally no fucking clue what you are doing in this thread.
    Or people could just play existing Diablo games, or wait for the actual full Diablo 4 which everyone was bitching and moaning about being the "real" thing they wanted.

Why people who clearly hate the platform and genre of D:I keep screaming like little manbabies that it's not what they wanted but they somehow need to still engage with it is beyond me. Just don't play it? Play D3 or PoE and/or wait for D4?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Or people could just play existing Diablo games, or wait for the actual full Diablo 4 which everyone was bitching and moaning about being the "real" thing they wanted.

Why people who clearly hate the platform and genre of D:I keep screaming like little manbabies that it's not what they wanted but they somehow need to still engage with it is beyond me. Just don't play it? Play D3 or PoE and/or wait for D4?
    What's it got to do with platform or genre?

There is nothing intrinsic to DI, arpgs or mobile games that requires satanically abusive monetization. Saying "it's a mobile game, it's what everyone does" is both irrelevant and incorrect by a degree of scale. It's also, by virtue of title and content, a Diablo game, and not representative of previous Diablo games.

Like I said to Elim Garak; I could do that just not play.. or I could just keep complaining, keep downvoting the game, and keep trying to cost Blizzard money in an effort shared by many to disincentive such garbage tier products in the future. There is very little downside to me; I already don't play the game, and going by this very thread, people who play the game make at least as many posts here as people that don't. You've posted in this thread 130 times, or 10 times for every page, and Elim Garak is up over 300 posts now, something like 15 a day - in this thread alone.

I do play PoE, I will play D4 (providing all this "screaming like manbabies" is effective at scaring Blizzard into not fucking that game into the ground too), and I can simultaneously put what minimal effort I have into fucking with this scum as hard as I am able to. Turns out, it doesn't take that much effort.

So, to continue to logical conclusion your own argument, why do YOU spend so much time in here white knighting the game when you could just be playing it?

What's it got to do with platform or genre?

There is nothing intrinsic to DI, arpgs or mobile games that requires satanically abusive monetization. Saying "it's a mobile game, it's what everyone does" is both irrelevant and incorrect by a degree of scale. It's also, by virtue of title and content, a Diablo game, and not representative of previous Diablo games.

Like I said to Elim Garak; I could do that just not play.. or I could just keep complaining, keep downvoting the game, and keep trying to cost Blizzard money in an effort shared by many to disincentive such garbage tier products in the future. There is very little downside to me; I already don't play the game, and going by this very thread, people who play the game make at least as many posts here as people that don't. You've posted in this thread 130 times, or 10 times for every page, and Elim Garak is up over 300 posts now, something like 15 a day - in this thread alone.

I do play PoE, I will play D4 (providing all this "screaming like manbabies" is effective at scaring Blizzard into not fucking that game into the ground too), and I can simultaneously put what minimal effort I have into fucking with this scum as hard as I am able to. Turns out, it doesn't take that much effort.
    Ok, that's great, but the rest of us over here in reality at least know that stomping our feet on MMO-C isn't changing anything. Don't keep telling yourself that you're on some moral crusade to change the world, we're all just shitposting into the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is absolutely no reason for leaving a bad review on a free game you don't want to play simply because you don't want to play a f2p game because it's f2p and p2w. There's no value in that kind of review other then stroking one's ego.

Ok, that's great, but the rest of us over here in reality at least know that stomping our feet on MMO-C isn't changing anything. Don't keep telling yourself that you're on some moral crusade to change the world, we're all just shitposting into the void.
    Sure it is. The continued discussion here leads people to engage with the topic elsewhere. It's the same reason grass roots campaigning in politics is important; everyone exists in their own microcosm, until they have a reason to engage with the macrocosm that exists outside it. For anyone that comes to MMO-Champion, a thread with the Diablo Icon and "Oh Blizzard, how you have fallen (Diablo Immortal) is in the visible threads at the top of the page near-permanently since the game was released. Is it a large number in context of the entire internet? Of course not; it doesn't need to be. Small groups from all over the place amalgamate into places where it does matter.

There is absolutely no reason for leaving a bad review on a free game you don't want to play simply because you don't want to play a f2p game because it's f2p and p2w. There's no value in that kind of review other then stroking one's ego.
    The reason is to convince other people looking for feedback on the game not to give it the light of day, thus reducing player numbers, relative measures of success, and profit to Blizzard. In turn, this reduces the relative value of the business model going forward. It's not complicated.

Is it successful? Probably not; at the very least not by itself, and not in the short term. Does that mean we shouldn't continue to do it to try to shape the ongoing video game sphere? No. The worst possible outcome for me is that it achieves nothing and I've wasted a small amount of time trying. It clearly has an effect that Blizzard doesn't desire given that they go to the effort of freezing and removing votes in the app stores and meta voting sites. On that basis alone it is likely to be worthwhile to do.

On the other hand, if we don't try to change it, we definitely won't, and gain very little in return (although the prospect of not interacting with you is admittedly quite desirable, you manage to make my skin crawl even over the internet).
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-06-27 at 01:16 PM.

Sure it is. The continued discussion here leads people to engage with the topic elsewhere. It's the same reason grass roots campaigning in politics is important; everyone exists in their own microcosm, until they have a reason to engage with the macrocosm that exists outside it. For anyone that comes to MMO-Champion, a thread with the Diablo Icon and "Oh Blizzard, how you have fallen (Diablo Immortal) is in the visible threads at the top of the page near-permanently since the game was released. Is it a large number in context of the entire internet? Of course not; it doesn't need to be. Small groups from all over the place amalgamate into places where it does matter.

The reason is to convince other people looking for feedback on the game not to give it the light of day, thus reducing player numbers, relative measures of success, and profit to Blizzard. In turn, this reduces the relative value of the business model going forward. It's not complicated.
    Yes, keep telling yourself that shitposting on MMO-C is actually driving people away and hurting Blizzard. If anything, constant exposure and controversy just gets more eyes on a game.

If people whining about a game on MMO-C actually had that much effect, WoW would have closed down in 2010.

Yes, keep telling yourself that shitposting on MMO-C is actually driving people away and hurting Blizzard. If anything, constant exposure and controversy just gets more eyes on a game.

If people whining about a game on MMO-C actually had that much effect, WoW would have closed down in 2010.
    So the reason that you are trying to convince me to STOP doing it given you believe it is beneficial to the game is....?

So the reason that you are trying to convince me to STOP doing it given you believe it is beneficial to the game is....?
    I really don't care either way, just calling a spade a spade.

Like I said, we're all just shitposting into the void here. The only difference between us is that I'm honest with myself about it. /shrug