Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Delekii
    Wait . Are you saying we are being unempathetic toward you? Allow me to pull out my tiny violin so I can play for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Empathy doesn't require abject rejection of your own needs in order to employ. It just means consideration of the effect on others. It is absolutely possible to be empathetic toward others and run a successful business. It just requires the rejection of profit at all costs and above all considerations.

This is like when climate change denialist want to debate, or demand equal representation. Nobody wants to debate facts. People call you a sociopath because the positions you argue are sociopathic.

That's because it is entirely personal. The debate on DI ran it's course by page 10, nothing new has been added to the discussion. All it is now is cyclic rehashing of the same bad arguments. You might believe you've made rational coherent arguments, but you haven't. Like I said probably 80 pages ago, you're that guy that everyone on your side cringes at, wishing you weren't.
    Who the fuck let him back in?
    Probably the same person that let you back in, since you were banned first? Thanks for quoting (and thus reminding people) of my commentary on your personality without my having to repost it for you to flag again.

I'd forgotten about this thread, about time it got bumped back into activity again! Nice to see the metacritic score still holding strong at 0.3/10!

Haven't looked into the game for ages but there seems to be plenty of posts complaining about dead servers, I imagine only a couple of megaservers survive now that the f2p rabble all quit? Of course, the only answers we will get are from people who like the game with a vested interest in pretending up is down!
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-08-24 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    Probably the same person that let you back in, since you were banned first? Thanks for quoting (and thus reminding people) of my commentary on your personality without my having to repost it for you to flag again.

I'd forgotten about this thread, about time it got bumped back into activity again! Nice to see the metacritic score still holding strong at 0.3/10!

Haven't looked into the game for ages but there seems to be plenty of posts complaining about dead servers, I imagine only a couple of megaservers survive now that the f2p rabble all quit? Of course, the only answers we will get are from people who like the game with a vested interest in pretending up is down!
    Haven't been banned, not sure who you are referring to.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    New legendary crest currency on the way.

Much similar to what they will do with Diablo 4 where they slowly introduce more and more pay to win features post launch so all you "Its cosmetic only!!!!111" crowd will eat it up and no one will give a shit because its a few months after launch for a "dead game who cares".

Hopefully the masses start seeing this obvious shit for what it is.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Genshin Impact is literally the exact opposite of your insane proposal in the modern day. The early 2000s with the advent of Halo, the explosion of Warcraft also stand as a testament to "great games make great money". Neither of these games started off advertising like crazy in any way shape or form.

These are all games that made money and "became big" by being exceptionally good games in their own rights. The advertising came later.
    Not sure about Warcraft.

But Halo was the poster game for the release of the first Xbox. And then kept on being one of the main games to sell further xbox consoles. Halo didn't just get a lot of marketing before it was released, it was so heavily marketed that it was the marketing for the console itself.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Much similar to what they will do with Diablo 4 where they slowly introduce more and more pay to win features post launch so all you "Its cosmetic only!!!!111" crowd will eat it up and no one will give a shit because its a few months after launch for a "dead game who cares".

https://www.eurogamer.net/diablo-imm...e-between-them

This? A purely cosmetic change to address the criticism that the two paid tiers of crests looked identical? I mean, sure it's fair to criticize them for being so painfully slow to do what should have been a basic asset swap, but I'm not seeing anything about a new legendary crest currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

This? A purely cosmetic change to address the criticism that the two paid tiers of crests looked identical? I mean, sure it's fair to criticize them for being so painfully slow to do what should have been a basic asset swap, but I'm not seeing anything about a new legendary crest currency.
    Timing was not slow but deliberate to cash out as much as possible on the initial release.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Timing was not slow but deliberate to cash out as much as possible on the initial release.
    Not really sure what you mean by this, since it's just a visual change.

Care to point out a P2W feature in D4?

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    One of the things I found quite funny when trying it was when I cleared a dungeon for the first time my REWARD is a discount bundle in the shop. My reward for clearing a dungeon is the opportunity to spend money. Oh but at a discount, ya know cus they want you to be used to spending money early. Even if it's just a little. Get that taste.

From what I briefly saw of the game and the videos I have seen of others playing Blizzard has doubled down on every predatory, disgusting behaviour that P2W games have. The mental tricks of luring people in with rewards, dailies, small free tastes of what it'd be play to spend money, cheap 1-time only bundles to get you into spending just a little to get the ball rolling, every penny spent is some form of gambling mechanic to get those gambling addicts hooked etc. etc... Every mechanic in the game, every prompt, every action is designed with trying to get the player to spend money ahead of anything else.

Diablo Immortal is everything bad about current-gen games, games whos mechanics are more focused on mental warefare with the player to make as much money as possible and it saddens me than the company and game at the forefront of all these disgusting behavours is both the company and game series that I once loved.

I understand companies exist to make money, but that doesn't excuse disgusting behaviour and these predatory mechanics are exactly that. I just want game companies to be about making good games again. People should spend money on your game because your game is good and they want to support it, not because they was coaxed into spending it.
    Well one solution is move to The Netherlands, why you think? well here in The Netherlands this game is banned so we are (unable) to play the game
    *Well you can use VPN and still play it* but i do not do the effort. Because before even seeing the amount of hate the game has i wont even want to use a VPN to play it.

Maybe The Netherlands is on to something to help fight P2W games, from what i know they want to do this in the whole EU.
    And maybe someday it will hit the US aswell.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Yeah looks like I jumped the gun. Not a new currency just an icon change. 2 months to fix an icon brought up first week but better late than never I guess
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

10+ Year Old Account

Despite the fact that you got this completely wrong "the masses" are perfectly capable of seeing "this obvious shit for what it is" and mobile gaming is still bigger than PC and console gaming combined. People are aware. They don't agree with you about this and never will as long as they can buy into games for less than $10 or more often get started for free.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

It just blows my mind that folks are dumb enough to spend that kind of $$$ on these free to play games.

I can understand spending about what it would cost to buy the game up front, but folks spend hundreds, sometimes thousands on these things.

Stupid beyond belief.

And obviously, companies see this, and see how much money can be made off of a, 'free' game, so they just keep churning out more 'free' games for fanboy whales to buy into.

Unbelievable...

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    That would be called concentric circles, as opposed to a venn diagram.

But given the dribbling idiocy apparent in your signature and last two posts, I don't expect you to comprehend that either.
    A Venn diagram is just a visual interpretation of how a number of sets relate to each other. It is a more restrictive form of the Euler diagram but it can absolutely be used to depict subsets.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    That would be called concentric circles, as opposed to a venn diagram.

But given the dribbling idiocy apparent in your signature and last two posts, I don't expect you to comprehend that either.
    Open mouth, insert foot?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    It just blows my mind that folks are dumb enough to spend that kind of $$$ on these free to play games..
    What you call "that kind of $$$" is pocket change for those folks. Relativity works even for money.
    They are not dumb, well, some of them might be, as we don't know the source of their money - but most of them are just more successful in the money world.
    What is dumb though - is calling them dumb for it.
    You can't take your money into the grave - money are for spending on things you need and want if you can afford.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    What you call "that kind of $$$" is pocket change for those folks. Relativity works even for money.
    They are not dumb, well, some of them might be, as we don't know the source of their money - but most of them are just more successful in the money world.
    What is dumb though - is calling them dumb for it.
    You can't take your money into the grave - money are for spending on things you need and want if you can afford.
    lol

yup, sorry, but its dumb

and I don't feel the tiniest bit of bad for calling it such