Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Being forced to make hard decisions or choices depending on the content you’re doing / who you’re with is great. These complaints about having to pick up everything to be exactly how they are now are baffling. Great! You play like you have been. But that’s not the required path anymore which seems to upset some people.

    Plus, forcing hard utility choices on classes vs giving them it baseline / easy choices will create diversity in how a class performs to its strengths and weaknesses — but allowing you to fill those holes or weaknesses with a vital talent choice if you so wish. Tbh I like that. Now how it performs in actual practice / gameplay is entirely different and we will see that with Alpha / Beta gameplay.

  2. #82
    WC3 Megathreader Lilithvia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Posts
    4,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    Some are from WC2, so 25.
    shouldn't that bear nearly 30 now?

  3. #83
    The Insane Ielenia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Slybak View Post
    Well what is the issue?
    Did you really not read what I posted? My issue is literally detailed in the very first sentence of my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons and as a last, drastic measure.
    Oof...

  4. #84
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,763
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Is that DK interrupt in the frost section?
    No it's not ? Reading is hard...
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    So if I'm reading this right... they are essentially taking a lot of passives and actives and tossing them on the talent tree. So by the time we hit level 70 we'll be a lesser version of what we are in Shadowlands with fewer passives and actives both?
    You are not, and neither is anyone else. Every person who thinks they will be nerfed is while frankly just wrong.

    Everything in the talent trees is a buff since they are teturning old legion legendary powers and talents that had been removed.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    I knew it would end up like this, but seriously, you even have to waste a skillpoint for your fucking interrupt? Have they not learned a damn thing in the last 18 years? I expected to spend like 80 to 90% of skill points just to get the baseline back. I even expcted to end up with less overall stuff thanks spreading out the remaining talents in ways that makes them mutually exclusive, but.. fuck my life, they even took the absolute fucking basic from us that isn't flavor. I mean even the damn self-heal and defensive CD cost you points. Thank "god" I don't raid anymore, because I don't care to witness the new age of ultra-glass cannons that stroke their ego by off-loading everything to the rest of their team.
    Your "baseline" is literally the first 3 or 4. What you consider baseline is not and never has been. What you say is baselind has been from borriwes power or the current talent tree. That is not baselins

  6. #86
    I just realized that dark succor is no more.
    Unholy and Frost on live get a free Death Strike when giving the killing blow on an enemy. I liked that passive, I hope they will add it back to the tree.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Your "baseline" is literally the first 3 or 4. What you consider baseline is not and never has been. What you say is baselind has been from borriwes power or the current talent tree. That is not baselins
    You literally have to buy back all your active skills you'd usually learn after level 1 for talent points. That is the current baseline.
    #1) MMO-C should be glad that the British Empire is no more, because they'd want a piece of all the copium trade here.
    #2) Angry players come to the forums to complain about the game... but what loser only comes to the forums to complain about the forums and its users?
    #3)Felating Blizzard too eagerly may lead to oxygen deficiency and worst case asphyxiation. Long-term effects range from delusions up to cerebral necrosis. #4) The WoW playerbase doesn't deserve housing.

  8. #88
    Worry not, Blizz does listen meanwhile!

  9. #89
    The Patient Puxycat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    335
    I think it is really time to get rid of that freak Combo point system for UH

  10. #90
    I'm not sure what their plan is wit these, you can see talent trees still there.
    The trees will still be fairly cookie cutter.

  11. #91
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    As suspected, they're basically taking classes that have been in the same dumbed down state since Legion and locking your baseline abilities behind talent "choices". This is just comical.
    This is exactly what people wanted, a illusion of choice

  12. #92
    Pandaren Monk cocomen2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Sweet Home Alabama
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    As suspected, they're basically taking classes that have been in the same dumbed down state since Legion and locking your baseline abilities behind talent "choices". This is just comical.
    yep, i hoped to see REWORK, some NEW talents, NEW mechanics, but nope its just same old shit just in form of tree.
    Hulk x She-hulk = Hulk-kids, Disney just image how easy to sell small Hulk-kids toys, just DO-IT /s

  13. #93
    I just hope they make Frost fun again

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    This is exactly what people wanted, a illusion of choice
    I think people just wanted some new stuff. I don't know what you're on about.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

  15. #95
    Over 9000! Kithelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Somewhere where canon still exists
    Posts
    9,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I think people just wanted some new stuff. I don't know what you're on about.
    People wanted old talents back because of all of the customization potential! But it is a illusion of choice because most people are just going to levitate to the best cookie cutter spec just like they did with the current system...just like they chose the best covenant.

    There isn't really that much that is new either...most of these are either straight up stat buffs that were already baked into abilities, old talents, covenant abilities, or legendary powers. Blizz robbed the players and now they're eagerly lining up to buy their stuff back from the robbers!

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    People wanted old talents back because of all of the customization potential! But it is a illusion of choice because most people are just going to levitate to the best cookie cutter spec just like they did with the current system...just like they chose the best covenant.

    There isn't really that much that is new either...most of these are either straight up stat buffs that were already baked into abilities, old talents, covenant abilities, or legendary powers. Blizz robbed the players and now they're eagerly lining up to buy their stuff back from the robbers!
    I don't care about cookie cutter builds. Every element of choice can and will be optimised out of the game by some people. That does not mean you shouldn't have freedom of choice. This talent system already offers more freedom to adapt to certain situations (especially in PvP). What I do care about is the lack of creativity when it comes to the new talents and the blatant reuse of Legion class mechanics (for the third time in a row).
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •